July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 5/23 Randoms

Re: Week of 5/23 Randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 that's our plan too. We need to have it installed at the midwife's home visit next week and then I'll take the seat out and keep it in the house. Just because we have to scoot the seats up when the carseat is in and I'm already uncomfortable enough in my car right now. 

• Options
    Thank you everyone! 

@mandyjulie - What car seat do you have? If you don't mind me asking.  Now that we have to buy a replacement, I want to get something that is going to last a little longer than what we had... DD is tall and will probably hit the 40" rear facing by the end of the year if not sooner.  I'm also looking at car seats for littles but wanted to see if you liked what you had! :) 
  • Options
    We are putting ours on next weekend (36 weeks). We are going on a little trip (2 hours away) and I don't want to have to stop back at home if I go into labor/buy a new one of baby comes too fast. I am really hoping that we don't have to move our seats at all, I am going to be even more uncomfortable if that is the case. 

Does anyone have a CR-V and the chicco key fit 30 system??
  • Options
    @BeachTigress I'm putting my base in hopefully next week at 35w. Go bag (which I still have to pack!) and car seat will be on the way out our door so we can just grab and go.
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I think you're right about it being a STM thing. I haven't packed a bag, and I don't plan for us to install the car seat until at least labor begins. With one car seat already in the vehicle, I prefer to keep my space open, and by this point, my husband is a pro with car seat installation, so I know it won't take long. I labored at home after my water broke the first time for about five hours, so even though it may go faster, I'm assuming I'll have a little bit of time. Plus, I know more about what not to pack. Last time, I read lists and packed way too much stuff that I never used! Let's hope we both have a little bit of time and don't get surprised too badly. ;)
  • Options
    We'll install it at 36 weeks. I'm not getting it until the shower which is still a few weeks away at this point. Same issue with the hospital bag. It's started but needs a lot of stuff since the shower is still pending. I will probably just install the base and leave the seat at home until I actually go into labor though. We live about 5 miles from the hospital so I can always send DH or family home to get it after the baby is born.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @BeachTigress I'm thinking I'm just going to have it by the door to take the day of and install it while we're at the hospital. They have people there (at least at our hospital, you might ask yours) who will do a car seat check while we're there delivering, so I don't mind waiting until then. That way we can use our back seats without worrying about messing it up or getting into an accident with it in the car.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Same here on not worrying about the carseat, I don't actually remember what we did last time, I think my husband just practiced taking the base in and out a few times beforehand and then we threw the base and seat in the car when we went to the hospital. They made us sit around for like an hour between when they told us they were getting ready to discharge us and when we actually got to leave, so plenty of time for hubby to go down to the car and strap the base in.

My hospital is 10 min from my house and 5 min from a CVS, so I'll probably pack a bag but there isn't much I would really have to bring that I couldn't easily send someone out for later.  
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ncm1919ncm1919 member
    LadyFleck said:
    @natinat6 That's so sad that you have to worry about shit like that. I hate feeling I can't trust the people around me, strangers or not. 
    We took ours to a Patriots game. There are people everywhere. I don't worry in my backyard but at big events I think it's a valid concern. Those things cost a pretty penny
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 I got a bumbleride indie twin (used) not long ago and am in love with it.  I just have a universal adaptor that comes standard with the strolled I have. Not sure which model you got, but I believe mine works with most seats.  It doesn't click in though, it just allows you to straw the baby seat in.  It feels very sturdy though.  I think you are going to love that stroller.  I love that the seat fully reclines so I have the option of using it for an infant with or without the car seat.
    @whataboutscience Ugh DS does the same thing. Tells me he doesn't have to poop all the time. He will pee on the potty, pull his pants up and then 2 min later poop his pants (and then lie about it). Toddlers are evil, I swear.
  • Options
    We are putting ours on next weekend (36 weeks). We are going on a little trip (2 hours away) and I don't want to have to stop back at home if I go into labor/buy a new one of baby comes too fast. I am really hoping that we don't have to move our seats at all, I am going to be even more uncomfortable if that is the case. 

I did with my last baby.  It was tight behind the passenger seat, I didn't have a ton of extra leg room, but fit just fine.
  • Options
    I will probably wait til about 36 weeks to do our carseat, but then leave just the base in the car. We only live 15 min from the hospital and I anticipate DH going home at least once for our other kids while I am there, so there is no need to keep it in the car.

Plus, I want to go to get all our car seats inspected once I move them all (we will have 3 in car seats) to make sure I have them all installed correctly. I have done this about 3 times now since DD1 was born and they always have more recommendations for us, so I figure I can never be too careful.
  • Options
    Good to know, @oandmplus1!! Thank you! I'm definitely excited that it seems more of an all terrain type stroller than the one we had originally bought. And like you, I agree with the laying down feature. Exciting stuff!!!
  • Options

I did with my last baby.  It was tight behind the passenger seat, I didn't have a ton of extra leg room, but fit just fine.
    Awesome! Glad to know 
  • Options
    It happened. Someone other than my husband came up to me and rubbed my belly today. Awkward.
  • Options
    DarkCatDarkCat member
    Do we have a thread about pain options during labor? I went to a childbirth class where I learned my hospital uses Nubian and Fentanyl for pain relief. Has anyone used these options? What was your experience? 
  • Options
    DarkCat said:
    Do we have a thread about pain options during labor? I went to a childbirth class where I learned my hospital uses Nubian and Fentanyl for pain relief. Has anyone used these options? What was your experience? 
    I was already 6.5cm dilated when I got to the hospital with my first baby, and progressed quickly from there, so my contractions got really painful very quickly. L&D was super busy that day, and it took the anesthesiologist a while to get to me, so they gave me fentanyl via IV while I waited. It took the edge off the pain and made me a little bit loopy. Not nearly as good at pain management as the epidural, but it helped to have something while I had to wait. 
  • Options
    STM due at the end of July and I haven't really thought about when to install the car seat. I'm sure last time I knew at how many weeks we wanted to have it done. I should probably put the newborn inserts back in it. (It is less than 2 years old from DD).

I have been thinking I should at least make a list of stuff for the hospital as DD will also need an away bag for staying at her grandparents and I only labored 8.5 hours last time. Most of the stuff I plan to bring are things I will be using until it's about time to go though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DarkCatDarkCat member
    jen11797 said:
    DarkCat said:
    I was already 6.5cm dilated when I got to the hospital with my first baby, and progressed quickly from there, so my contractions got really painful very quickly. L&D was super busy that day, and it took the anesthesiologist a while to get to me, so they gave me fentanyl via IV while I waited. It took the edge off the pain and made me a little bit loopy. Not nearly as good at pain management as the epidural, but it helped to have something while I had to wait. 
    Do you think you could have laboured with it alone? I plan on getting into a tub and possibly use either Fentanyl or Nubain to help with pain. If I can tolerate it I would rather not have an epi simply because I want to be able to walk around. 
  • Options
    @TiffRox81 did you get the 2015 or new 2016 bumbleride?

my brother has the 2015 and his car seat (peg perego) just fits right into the bassinet. 

But we have ordered the 2016 one and I guess it needs this fancy adapter.. But they say they almost every car seat will have an adapter. 

• Options
    jen11797jen11797 member
    edited May 2016
    @DarkCat possibly, but the pain was really intense for me, and I also have a low pain tolerance. It didn't take away enough pain for me to choose to labor without the epidural. I'm sure it was possible, but I don't prefer to try. I have lots of friends who have given birth completely med free, so if it's what you want, it is always worth trying that first! You can always change your mind to get medicine, but once you get it, it's not as simple to go back.
  • Options
    Everyone is talking about installing car seats and I haven't even got mine yet. I'm slacking!!
  • Options
    @Shelby00519 we have yet to get our car seat either!!! I'm 35 weeks, starting to think I should get on it! We have just been waiting for our stroller to arrive so we can decide which car seat we want to go with it, but of course it's taking longer then expected. We may just have to pick a car seat and hope it's good! 
  • Options
    @bunkie999 Thank you for making me read more about it on amazon, haha!! Looks like I must have gotten the 2015. It mentioned the included adapter in the description and listed models that work. 
  • Options
    Woke up to discover that nearly 30 items were added to our BRU registry. Neither my husband nor I added any of them. Insert head scratch because I'm baffled how this happened. 
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    Woke up to discover that nearly 30 items were added to our BRU registry. Neither my husband nor I added any of them. Insert head scratch because I'm baffled how this happened. 
    That usually happens when someone buys stuff that not on your registry. It gets added on. We had the same thing happen. At our shower we found out people had bought outfits and random little things we didn't register for but they purchased.
  • Options
    @Schmooie730 I forgot about that. I just thought someone was working on the wrong registry. Good point. It's nice when they do that because it should be easy to exchange if you need to without hassle.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LDSJM123LDSJM123 member
    edited May 2016
    LDSJM123 said:
    That usually happens when someone buys stuff that not on your registry. It gets added on. We had the same thing happen. At our shower we found out people had bought outfits and random little things we didn't register for but they purchased.
    Would they just show up in the purchased area? These were on the registry part saying we requested "x" amount. But that zero of how many we requested were purchased. Does that make sense? 

Edited to to add more details. 
  • Options
    And my OCD self went through and deleted all the items... Is that bad?
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 My aunt bought a few items that weren't on the registry at BRU, but they only showed up when I checked my endless earnings account. They show up there as non-qualifying purchases. They never actually appeared on my registry though. Also, as a side note... Keep an eye on your endless earnings account because none of my registry purchases were showing up even though the accounts were linked. I had to call customer service three times to fix it.
  • Options
    Mbondi0 said:
    @LDSJM123 My aunt bought a few items that weren't on the registry at BRU, but they only showed up when I checked my endless earnings account. They show up there as non-qualifying purchases. They never actually appeared on my registry though. Also, as a side note... Keep an eye on your endless earnings account because none of my registry purchases were showing up even though the accounts were linked. I had to call customer service three times to fix it.
    Where do you look to see your endless earnings account?
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    I've felt horrible the last few days.  Sore neck and lymph nodes, fatigue, etc.  Woke up today to this huge, unsightly fever blister -- like i need anything else huge at this time in my life. I called my doctor and they told me not to worry about it.... that it would go away with some OTC meds.  I wish it would hurry the F up.  I'm tired of feeling crappy and we are on the brink of a 3 day weekend. 
    BabyFruit Ticker