August 2014 Moms
Options

~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

Re: ~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

• Options
    Ugh LO was doing every 3 hours at night but now is like every 2 or 2.5. I was hoping he would be a better sleeper than big bro but now I'm not so sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LO slept over five straight hours before getting up to eat at 2:30. Happy camper right here :-)
    Jealous! Travis did 4 hours for the first time last night and it felt AMAZING

image    image
  • Options
    theteno said:

tamarar5 said:

Raclla said:

Having to pee while nursing = fifth dimension of hell

I may or may not have peed WHILE nursing before. ;)

that sounds like skill.

With as sketchy as my bladder control is, peeing while bfing was the better option than risking waiting.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    So my milk came in tonight and LO has been eating like non stop- which is great, but tiring. She also seems to spit up a little more- is this normal and does it take her stomach a little time to get used to regular milk vs. colostrum?

I worry putting her to sleep in the bassinet if I feel she may spit up- I'm scared I won't hear her!

imageimage

• Options
    Shiva14Shiva14 member
    edited August 2014
    @HalseytoBe‌, do you hold your LO upright for 12 minutes after each feed? That is supposed to reduce spit up. I usually sit up with my LO for these 12 minutes and if nothing comes I put him down. I was scared at first too that he would choke and I wouldn't realize so I hear you!

ETA she may just be stuffing herself - her tiny tummy holds less than an ounce at this point to if she fills up too much on your milk she will spit up. It will expand soon though!
  • Options
    @mrsduarte8185 - Don't give up! We had the exact same problem - low blood sugar and tons of formula had to be given right away. I was not happy, but the risks outweighed cons. My DD also had to have an IV for 48 hours starting the night she was born. AND I also have relatively flat nipples as well. The first two days were really tough and she did some damage to my nipples because we didn't know what we were doing, but now it's going really well (1 week old). Just keep at it. Do you have a lactation consultant you can see?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    @MrsDuarte8185‌ I'm so sorry to hear that. How frustrating! Is there a lactation consultant at the hospital you can speak with? The ladies at the breastfeeding board may be able to help you too if you want to try to ebf...
  • Options
    Ladies, I will be joining you on this thread. Haven't had time to read through yet, but I will. I just fashioned a pumping bra together which now allows me to be hands free! It's glorious!!! I'm hoping I don't have to use it for long and that I can get DS BFing soon.
    x

• Options
    I am officially overdue and it officially sucks. I'm tired but can't sleep. I can't get comfortable and on top of all the normal pregnancy crap, I've got this horrible stitch in my side tonight.

So. Is anyone else awake right now?

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Shark week, lol! I can't watch that, I have crazy wild sharknado type dreams! I'm watching dvr episodes of Parking Wars and laughing at people who are dumb.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    MC03MC03 member
    I'm up! But I'm west coast so it's still early. DH went for a night swim in our pool and I'm so jealous. I really want to go - stupid bleeding and incision. :(

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm pumping while DH tries to soothe DS. He's super fussy. Seems like he's hungry ALL the time! He's already eating around 2oz per feeding!! We can't figure out where he is putting it. Need him to chill so I can sleep and be rested for our session with the lactation consultant tomorrow.
    x

• Options
    Im awake and dont know why!!?!? I swear when I actually fall asleep I better sleep a super sound sleep!
  • Options
    I'm up too. Having painful contractions that I can't sleep through so I'm distracting myself with you guys :) Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had to wake Garrett at the 4 hour mark for feeding. This baby is the complete opposite of his big brother who never slept, would comfort nurse for hours, never took a paci, and the list goes on! It's nuts!

@missmimsyy‌ if you lay down for a few minutes and then stand back up do you get a gush of fluid? It's possible for the baby's head to block the water from having that big rush of fluid. Also check the smell/ color. Amniotic fluid and urine do not smell alike at all.

• Options

I'm pumping while DH tries to soothe DS. He's super fussy. Seems like he's hungry ALL the time! He's already eating around 2oz per feeding!! We can't figure out where he is putting it. Need him to chill so I can sleep and be rested for our session with the lactation consultant tomorrow.

I'm having the same issues with my LO. He is eating 3-4 oz a feeding. We're FF so it's 3-4 hours apart but all day and night tonight he's been searching for food and crying fussing! I just put him in his cradle after a long rocking/singing session we'll see if it works. The only time he's need quiet all evening has been when he face planted himself in my cleavage and passes out, lol!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Watching Americas Got Talent and eating ice cream. I had some painful contractions while on my walk tonight but they fizzled out
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    Good luck @Jentech84‌ and @missmimsyy‌ ! Hope we get to see your birth stories soon ;)
  • Options
    So I'm up again with my toddler. He suddenly has stopped sleeping. It. Stinks. We're watching Top Chef Duals. Anyone else?

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    @tamarar5 my toddler has stopped sleeping too! She has been fighting us hard and keeps getting out of bed. It is so frustrating, especially since I now have a newborn to deal with too. I think it's because of all of the changes in her life with her new sister and I don't know how to fix it. Ugh.

imageimage
  • Options
    Well hello ladies! I'm also jealous of those who are stretching night feedings. I'm afraid to wait too long and keep waking her and then we have these marathon sessions because she's too drowsy. I know I should just wait for her but I couldn't sleep so I just got her up.
  • Options
    I'm up but trying to be as quiet as possible.
    DH let me sleep last night and he was exhausted today.
    Luckily I was able to catch a quick nap this afternoon.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited August 2014
    @MC03‌ I still have an inside baby. :'( But my toddler discovered yesterday how to climb out of the crib. So even though it's warm he had to sleep in a sleep sack which he hates. Not to mention, the kids have the upstairs bedroom, so now when he wakes, I'm caring my 29lb son up and down the stairs because my husband is going back to overnights on Sunday, so I've got to figure out how to deal with everything alone.

@lappyfoinker‌ I've never actually watched it because it looked so dumb... but dreams can be terrifying even if they are dumb! Ha. I have this thing with tornados. I can totally handle them IRL, and awake, but dreaming about them gives me panic attacks, lol.

Edit to clarify

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I'm up for the first feeding. I am thinking I may have plugged duct already. It's not too bad but it's uncomfortable.

• Options
    @belle785‌ Ow, I hope not! I've heard people say warm compresses and massaging it help? I didn't get any the last time I was bring, and I've forgotten what worked.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    MC03MC03 member
    That sounds terrible @tamarar5! I hope your son gives you a break and decides to sleep again. And fingers crossed for an outside baby soon!

imageimage
  • Options
  • Options
    @MC03‌ your wine glass looks so good!
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member

@MC03‌ your wine glass looks so good!

Haha I know! It's torture for me! I would change it but I don't want to confuse people cause I've had it like that forever.

imageimage
  • Options
    I'm up because my neighbors have decided that a Wednesday night is perfect for a dance party. Seriously, we live across the street, all the windows are closed, and ds's room is on the back side of our house and I can clearly hear every note of the crap they're listening to. DH has called the police already. The music stopped for like two minutes and started up again. It took nearly two hours to get DS to sleep and I still have a newborn to deal with. I think it's time for another phone call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm going to have a glass next week for sure- I'm a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding! No wonder I can't sleep- alterations appt on Fri after weigh in for DD. Hopefully, pedi is pleased with gain and I can pump a few bottles. I would love to have a nice glass of red. Mmm.
  • Options
    So hips and back ache keeping me up tonight. It's almost 430 here and I've been up since 3. Hoping I can go back to sleep but with my luck it will be just before DHs alarm goes off at 530. Ugh. I'd rather be up with a baby then up alone wondering if every little twinge is the beginning of labour.
  • Options
    4:24am marks 1 week since I pushed out DS! He's still eating like a champ devouring 2.5-3oz per feeding. Found out at the Lactation Consultant session that he is already back up to birth weight and that he isn't latching on b/c he's biting down before taking in enough nipple. We've been told to work on suck training and to use bottles/pacifiers that have long nipples. The LC recommended Dr.Browns. She also said she had another patient like this 2 weeks ago and they were able to work it out. It's a huge relief to have an end in sight. Next thing to work on is driving the stroller. I must have smashed it into every single obstacle and wall when I was in the hospital. Anybody else a poor stroller controller?
    x

• Options
    @slippintrippn84‌ Baby wear! I dont have a stroller (and I did pretty terrible when driving one around the store) but I have two slings, a moby wrap, and ktaan. I find it so much easier to wear her! Today I put her in the Moby and was able to do dishes, put away laundry and vacuum all while she napped against my chest.
  • Options
    aly&samaly&sam member
    edited August 2014
    Have been waking up since around 1am with pretty painful cramping that I can feel all through my back and my stomach keeps tightening like they are contractions. I haven't started timing because I'm just so tired. TMI I just went pee a few minutes and there was some light bleeding but I did have my cervics checked yesterday. Not sure if I'm just over analyzing here because I'm anxious for LO to be here. Will probably start timing though. Btw FTM here!
  • Options

@slippintrippn84‌ Baby wear! I dont have a stroller (and I did pretty terrible when driving one around the store) but I have two slings, a moby wrap, and ktaan. I find it so much easier to wear her! Today I put her in the Moby and was able to do dishes, put away laundry and vacuum all while she napped against my chest.

So glad to hear this, I just ordered the Moby! My SIL had given me a sling, but I just found out it was recalled back in 2010 due to risk of suffocation so I had to figure out something else. The Moby looks like it will be awesome!

• Options
    winterkatewinterkate member
    edited August 2014
    @slippintrippn84‌ - it seems like standard doors ( mall, hospital, etc) are like one inch too narrow for my stroller, lol. I'm sure our steering will improve ;)

Edit: should have read the whole thread first- I'm now super excited to try my Moby wrap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"