High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Procardia and full term???

So on friday I went to my OB for a routine visit and BP was quite high at 160/100, but I had no symptoms. She sent me to the hospital immediately with plans for one of her partners to induce me. Blood work and urine were all normal and BP was better at around 130-140/ 80-90. So OB on call at the hospital decided to observe me in the hospital for 24 hours and we are home now on modified bedrest. Right before being discharged my BP spiked again to 150s/90s so OB decided to start me on procardia XL. I thought nothing of it at the time and agreed to take the meds until my follow up in 4 days, but now I am reading that it is used to prevent preterm labor. Well since I am full term, I am now concerned that this could slow down the progression of natural labor. Has anyone been on procardia for BP alone? Any problems going into labor naturally? Thanks ladies. BTW I am 75% effaced and 1cm dilated.

Re: Procardia and full term???

• Options
    i just thought i'd let you know that i was on procardia to prevent PT labor from week 32-36.  GL!
  • Options
    Procardia is actually used for BP but can also be used for PTL. I am on Procardia for BP. I have no idea how it affects labour, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If you are truly in labor nothing will stop it from happening. Procardia and other meds are used to control contractions that can send your body into real labor, but once it happens nothing can stop it. 

GL!  

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"