August 2014 Moms

~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

Since so many of us are having our babies or experiencing pregnancy insomnia , we now have a middle of the night check in to help pass the night hours!

This thread will be ongoing instead of starting a new one each night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

• Hey its midnight...close to 1am. I woke up because i had a dream about blue cats and kittens. My stomach is hard and I'm feeling pretty nauseated. I'm tired so if this is another wave of false labor I'm gunna slap someone...maybe FI even though he's been super supportive.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • BeachMBeachM member
    Anyone remember how long the night sweats last? So gross. At least I know it means the scale will be down again in the morning.

• Loading the player...
  • 11pm here. Benjamin is congested. He's not screaming or crying, but he's fussy as hell. I can't put him down. Poor kiddo. ):
    photo 1535695_10204084387365984_9025186931759532004_n_zps94c2fa04.jpg

• @flip_flops‌ I had them two or three nights.

@salsy2012‌ Poor guy!

I'm lying in bed, wishing I could sleep, while DH snores in my ear. I've got crazy cramping going on, but nothing is happening. :( I've had this low cramping for two solid weeks and I wish it would ether go the f away or turn into something active!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Oh joy! And now my wonderful, sleeping, thermal blanket husband just rolled over and took my pillow! With dude, get off me. ;)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Waves of nausea...this is so much fun guise.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • @lookatme3639 I would get waves of nausea with each contraction. It's no fun.

1:45 here.. Second time up so far. My eyes are drooping while LO nurses. He made it 2 hours before the first wake up and now only 1. I'll be taking a nap tomorrow.

• In a hotel room with hubby, as he takes the bar exam tomorrow. He's sleeping. I'm awake. I threw up a little bit ago and the cramping I've been experiencing the past week or so has now spread to my back, so I'm suuuuper comfortable.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• +RBL++RBL+ member
    @ck61 The leaking will stop, once your body regulates your milk production. I don't look forward to sleeping in a bra again
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • +RBL++RBL+ member
    I've been up for the past hour for no real reason.

Had my 36w appointment this morning. I was not surprised that I am 3cm dilated. I was a little surprised to hear I am 80% effaced and that my fundal height was measuring low. I think it's just because LO is so far down in my pelvis.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 425 am here... woke up with excruciating hip pains. Tried to get up to pee and could hardly bring myself to move my legs. I've had an amazing pregnancy but i will not be sad to say goodbye to the hip and pelvis pain
  • PeedyPeedy member
    It's 4:30 here, just got up to go to the bathroom, take my blood sugar and eat a snack... The usual.
  • @Ck61‌ not to bring bad news, but I wasn't able to go braless overnight until my milk was gone. Some lucky women, like me, are "blessed" with leaky boobies. I hope you do get that regulated phase and can sleep without the over the shoulder boulder holder!!!!

It's 5:23 am and ds had been awake since 2:30. I just feel asleep around 2. It's going to be a long freaking day. (:| ~O)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• 551am here been up since 3. Jack has had two decent feedings, he won't latch well if he's fussy which he is tonight. I'm so tired I can't even see straight but if I try to set him down he freaks out
  • I actually slept all night (minus the 4 trips to the bathroom)! I think I was over tired from not sleeping well in the hospital. I will be back, though. Typically I am up for over an hour around 2 or 3. :/

@Ck61, I had leaky boobs for a couple months, but they eventually stopped.

• Yesterday and today I was up at 4 am...tried to keep sleeping and  gave in to tossing and turning/hunger around 4:30. Maybe a nap is in order later today?

• Almost 1:30 and up for our first nursing session since bedtime at 11. I am hoping to keep it under an hour with changing diaper, feeding and burping.

• RacllaRaclla member
    The BFing cramps are much worse this time.
    No fun.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't remember having bfing cramps with either kid. But I also don't remember having this much still pregnant menstrual cramping either. Holy crap, I used to miss 3 days of school every month from period cramps that would make me vomit and I think this is worse. It doesn't help that this baby insists on being her most active when it hurts the most either... I wish she'd settle down so I can go to sleep. I don't enjoy the nightly Wimbledon matches going on in my belly any more! Lol

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SkouzSkouz member
    Just about 11:35 here. I'm STM at 37w4d and honestly over it. Although I've loved being pregnant I'm ready for the pain to stop. The last three nights have been a different all together. She feels like she's doing cheer moves! Ticking my hip and punching my vagina at the same time. DH must think I'm going psycho laughing and wincing at the same time. She's moving a lot still, but way slower, more rolling movements. Uterus Angels? I have my next appt on Thursday, last one was 2 weeks ago and I was 1cm already. I dilated without contracting with DS so let's hope she's early.
  • Randomly popping on at 2:57 am to say whaddup.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Second feeding. He is back asleep but I'm holding him up for a few more minutes so he doesn't get the hiccups when I put him down. My breastfeeding cramps were awful too for about 3 days. They would come over me super quick and not leave until pain meds kicked in. Thankfully they are much better now.

• It's almost 4 am. I ate to late and am battling some nasty acid reflux. My nipple are leaking which is causing them to itch.

At my appointment today I was told they need to refer me to a hematologist. My iron keeps dropping and they are concerned that I'll loose to much blood during delivery and require transfusions. With the insomnia and constant acid reflux and cramps that only seem to freaking happen at night I'm exhasted and I'm feeling very overwhelmed...
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • cdsenocdseno member
    I have been up since 1 when H got home from work. It is almost 4. He is in bed snoring and I am having progressively more painful contractions as the night goes on. Started timing them but I wish my water would just break so I don't have to guess what is happening. Our house is so small and noisy that I am afraid to walk around or turn lights on in case it wakes up DS.
  • We're up! 4.30 here, and DS's third feeding of the night. In great news, this is our first night where he's fed every 2 hours instead of every one. The key seems to be doing the diaper change before feeding instead of after. Two hour sleep stretches = heaven.

image    image
  • smfdjosmfdjo member
    It's 430 and have a RCS on Thursday but can't sleep tonight. I have read FB CNN Twitter The Bump. Now what. Lol
  • RacllaRaclla member
    Luckily I've only been able to avoid a ton of pain meds this time.

But I'm up trying to feed a very sleepy baby. We did his circumsision this evening and he's been fussy unless he's near a boob.

He doesn't necessarily want the boob in his mouth, he just wants it itching his nose.

Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • @flip_flops‌ the constant checks were the worst. On our last day one of the nurses told us there was a sign we could flip outside our door to tell them were trying to sleep and not come in. A) I should have been told that day 1 not 4 B) I could hardly move how am I going to get out there to change a sign? I guessDH could've but still give me a button to push
  • BeachMBeachM member
    @flip_flops‌ the constant checks were the worst. On our last day one of the nurses told us there was a sign we could flip outside our door to tell them were trying to sleep and not come in. A) I should have been told that day 1 not 4 B) I could hardly move how am I going to get out there to change a sign? I guessDH could've but still give me a button to push
    We put a sign up one afternoon.  Then the phone rang and it was our pedi calling.  At that point, I just gave up all hopes of sleep until I got home.  I don't normally nap well, but have been taking one most afternoons during DS1's quiet time and it's been amazing.

• I think you gals have solved my middle of the night sleep troubles. This thread has been up for 2 nights, and I have gotten good sleep for 2 nights...only getting up to pee & then falling right back to sleep! :) Getting it in while I can sounds great to me! Thanks!!! :)

• tamarar5 said:

I don't remember having bfing cramps with either kid. But I also don't remember having this much still pregnant menstrual cramping either. Holy crap, I used to miss 3 days of school every month from period cramps that would make me vomit and I think this is worse. It doesn't help that this baby insists on being her most active when it hurts the most either... I wish she'd settle down so I can go to sleep. I don't enjoy the nightly Wimbledon matches going on in my belly any more! Lol

I didn't get these cramps till after my third. So prepare yourself they are awful!!

Um, that's not what I want to hear! ;)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Oh the heartburn! :( I'm in pain. And I found out today that the baby is sunny side up. I know that ssu babies can still be delivered vaginally, but all the people I know who have had them ended up with major medical interventions (vacuum, forceps, extreme episiotomy). At what point should I start looking into a c/s? This is just another concern pulled on top of several others I already have about another vaginal delivery.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Excited tonight since I got two hours of straight sleep

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"