August 2014 Moms
Options

~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

Re: ~The Ongoing MOTN Check In ~

• Options
    Kelsbeno said:

Checked into to hospital at 2am. Baby girl didn't want to wait for the induction tonight :) currently 4cm, but don't feel a thing thanks to the epi

Yay! Happy laboring!

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @slippintrippn84‌ I read somewhere that a mom just put all the pump parts in the fridge between sessions when pumping several times a day. That way, milk stays fresh. Might save you some time. Don't know if anyone else has done this or if it's truly ok to do?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@slippintrippn84‌ I read somewhere that a mom just put all the pump parts in the fridge between sessions when pumping several times a day. That way, milk stays fresh. Might save you some time. Don't know if anyone else has done this or if it's truly ok to do?

Yup, I did this when I pumped at work for DS.

• Options
    @MrsDuarte8185‌ - I had a cracked right side that was excruciating yesterday. Then I put on the Medela thera shells inside my nursing bra. 24 hrs later, no pain on latch! It's amazing how quickly they can heal!
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member

Yup, I did this when I pumped at work for DS.
    I did this too!

imageimage
  • Options

Sweet! Totes will try this today. Thanks gals!!
    x

• Options
    MC03MC03 member
    So I actually got my 2.5 yr old to sleep in only 20 min tonight!! Yay!!! (It's been taking more than two hours of putting her back in her bed lately)... And of course now my newborn wants to party all night. I just can't win. When do you suppose it gets better? The silver lining is it really just reinforces my decision to go ahead with the tubal, definitely the right decision for us. :)

imageimage
  • Options
    May I join in? I've been contracting for the past 4ish hours, trying to pass the time until they get closer together. Currently about every 8 minutes

my ILs are in town this week, and thankfully are staying at a hotel down the street, not on our pullout couch. Even better, they've taken my 3 yo overnight the past 2 nights! Guaranteed if he was home he'd wake up to need me while I'm trying to get through this. At least I can be tired and Not consoling him at the same time
  • Options
    Jocelyn is being a strange nurser. Sometimes she latches immediately & goes to town, falling asleep after. Other times she gets hangry immediately and it's 1-2 hrs of constant nurse--soothe-nurse it's exhausting.
    I've now gotten up twice tonight (3:15am currently) to try and beat her to the hangry stage but when I sit down & try to pop a boob in her mouth she falls back asleep. Frig. I'm already up - I'd rather she actually nurse so I can rest easy, not wake up at every coo and whimper in her sleep anticipating to BF.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    K just projectile vomited what had to be everything she just ate :-( had to strip the bed and myself after cleaning her up. Trying again for another feeding now, hopefully she keeps this one down. No idea what caused her to throw up in the first place.
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    Good luck @pmpkn219 hope this is the real deal! That's awesome your I laws took your toddler also. Good timing.

imageimage
  • Options
    Jentech84 said:

Jocelyn is being a strange nurser. Sometimes she latches immediately & goes to town, falling asleep after. Other times she gets hangry immediately and it's 1-2 hrs of constant nurse--soothe-nurse it's exhausting.
    I've now gotten up twice tonight (3:15am currently) to try and beat her to the hangry stage but when I sit down & try to pop a boob in her mouth she falls back asleep. Frig. I'm already up - I'd rather she actually nurse so I can rest easy, not wake up at every coo and whimper in her sleep anticipating to BF.

I hear you! It seems like Aiden either needs to be on the boob all night or sleeping on my chest. 3rd night home and no idea what I'm doing!
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time falling asleep today. Anxious about the induction tomorrow, praying it works. It's so dumb because this is basically my third induction! And I had so many complications with my first, I should be old hat. But anxious I am, and I'm home all alone tonight too.

Anyone else up?
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    MC03MC03 member
    Good luck tomorrow @tamarar5! At least it will be over soon!

I'm up feeding DD2. I've been having so much trouble with my 2.5 yr old DD ever since the baby was born. Anyone else have a sibling acting up due to the change? Honestly dealing with my toddler is a lot harder than my newborn at the moment.

imageimage
  • Options
    MC03 said:

Good luck tomorrow @tamarar5! At least it will be over soon!

I'm up feeding DD2. I've been having so much trouble with my 2.5 yr old DD ever since the baby was born. Anyone else have a sibling acting up due to the change? Honestly dealing with my toddler is a lot harder than my newborn at the moment.

Thanks for the encouragement @MC03‌ and @lappyfoinker‌ !

I anticipate some behavior regression out of my 18 month old. There really is no way to "prepare" a toddler for a new baby. He likes to blue raspberries on my giant belly, and thinks it's funny when the belly moves, but he doesn't get that it's because of a baby. Lol! He pointed to his own belly and called it baby the other day.

So I'm expecting to be there with you in the next few weeks. :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
  • Options
    Good luck @tamarar5‌ !

@JoShan1719‌ right there with you.
  • Options
    Has anyone who is EBF started giving a bottle of BM before bed to LO? Has it helped to get a longer stretch? LO is eating every 2.5-3 hours at night. I am hoping he would magically sleep one longer stretch at night but I don't think so. He's almost a month old.

• Options
    Been having contractions for the past 4 hours at 10 minutes apart. While they are not getting closer they are getting more intense. I can't even sleep through them. Going to try to take a warm shower to see if it will soothe them some. But any advice ladies would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    belle785 said:

Has anyone who is EBF started giving a bottle of BM before bed to LO? Has it helped to get a longer stretch? LO is eating every 2.5-3 hours at night. I am hoping he would magically sleep one longer stretch at night but I don't think so. He's almost a month old.

Yes and it doesn't. :( if I remember right 11 pounds is the magic number for sttn. Once they are that heavy, they can physically sleep through the night. Now whether or not they actually do it is another story. I've been letting dh give a bottle cause I selfishly want more sleep.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Up nursing DS and wondering when my milk will come in. It's been over 5 days, and I still haven't felt full. We have to go back for another weight check today, and I am really hoping we won't have to start supplementing.
    Oh, and what is sleep again?
  • Options

belle785 said:

Yes and it doesn't. :( if I remember right 11 pounds is the magic number for sttn. Once they are that heavy, they can physically sleep through the night. Now whether or not they actually do it is another story. I've been letting dh give a bottle cause I selfishly want more sleep.
    We had success with a dream feed with DS1 but it was sometime after he was 2-3 months old. Hang in there! It gets better after the 6 week growth spurt.

• Options
    Guess I'm starting off tonight's MDT check in. It's 1230. Went to bed an hour and a half ago with some constant pressure. It's now coming in saves. I just started to time it so fingers crossed this isn't more false alarms and turns into the real deal. Anyone else up with me? Trying to pass the time and keep my mind off things
  • Options
    I'm up. Charlotte has been attached to the boob for the past... well, since she was born. She was 5 lbs 13 oz at birth - 10 days ago - and is now 6 lbs 6 oz, so I must be doing something right, but my poor poor nipples. Currently air drying them

• Options
  • Options
    I think DS2 is in a growth spurt because he's nursing a lot today. Also DS1 was running a fever all day which made him cranky. I hope DS2 goes back to sleep fast after nursing.

• Options

I'm up...think im having contractions but not sure. I've been told I would know so I'm up just waiting to see if things pick up. Today was technically my first day of maternity leave but my boss called me in out of desperation.

I thought I would know for sure too. They were pretty frequent when I was laying down. I just got up and made a grilled cheese sandwich and I have pressure still but they're not as consistent. This is confusing and I don't know when I should call my midwife.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah, when my contractions started, I wasn't sure it was the real deal. They were exactly 5 min apart like clockwork, but more uncomfortable than painful. By a few hours later they were 3 min apart and quite uncomfortable but definitely still manageable. Went to L&D and got sent home at 3cm and 80%. Within two hours the contractions became absolutely torture, like in the movies, and I no longer had any illusions of an unmedicated birth, went back to L&D begging for epidural, which was absolutely the best decision I've ever made. I couldn't stop telling everyone how much I loved my epidural.

Bottom line: despite having a ton of BH since about 22 weeks, when it was the real deal, I knew it.
  • Options
    I think I just dreamed about having painful contractions. I'm up now trying to figure out if they were real or not. I'm due Sunday and losing my mind!
  • Options
    Also, if DS doesn't figure out how to go more than 1.5-2 hours between feeding, I'm going to lose it. I don't think growth spurts last 5 days.... Mama needs some sleep!
  • Options
    zoegirlTX said:

and i'm here...lol

started having some mild cx last night that were def. different than BH.  Fell asleep around 11, but have been up since about midnight.  Tried the couch, tried dozing off between them- they were about 10 min apart.  Kicked hubby out of bed & just came downstairs- feels much better to be up and moving around rather than lying in bed.

Just ate a can of spaghetti O's & about to watch pretty little liars.  Hoping I'm not awake for nothign & this is the real deal....
    I hope yiu enjoyed your spaghetti o's... my grilled cheese at 2 am was amazing. I just woke up. Went back to sleep maybe 230 ish. Just had two relatively strong waves so I'm laying here waiting to time the next couple.

• Options
    It's 5am and I'm up for our 2nd feeding as hubby is snoring away! At least he gave pump bottle for 9 feeding, so after I pumped at 8, I could sleep till 1. Glad she's doing well and going 3-4 hours at night but after 2 weeks of ebf, I need a break already!

• Options
    Good luck to everyone who might be in labour!!

The only reason I have gotten any sleep at all tonight is because I accidentally fell asleep while holding LO. I feel awful but it was two glorious hours. Every time I try to put him in his crib today he starts grunting and complaining. So. Tired.
  • Options

DS has been up for three hours. Most of it has been spent screaming. I'm about to lose my mind.

I hope he stops soon for you! I couldn't imagine that at this hour.

• Options

FINALLY! There may be a God after all!

I hope he stays asleep and let's you get some rest!
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    I'm awake for two reasons. Moms a jerk face and won't go to bed but insists on being asleep on the couch I sleep on, OB appointment later this morning. And two, almost all day past two days getting pains I can only describe as "stabbing" pains around where I assume my cervix is, wth is up with that? :( bags under my eyes are awful I'm so tired.
  • Options
    Ugh I had some period like cramps that were coming at intervals of 6 min apart so I thought maybe it was finally my time.... but no they went away
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"