April 2014 Moms
Options

Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

Re: Longest Thread EVER! (aka Random Thoughts Thread )

• Options
    Whew! DH just got home and asked if I'd done my pregnancy exercises I'm supposed to start doing every day. Nope! Of course I'd forgotten. So I start doing them, and my body feels so weird now! I haven't exercised other than walking since finding out I was pregnant, which is unusual for me, and I had no idea how different trying to start things now would feel! Most of the exercises I have to do are yoga-based, which I thought would be easy for me. I can't even hold a boat-pose any more with my big ol' pregnant belly! Glad I'm starting now, because my old plan of trying to start squatting again while contracting was obviously not going to work. Yeouch!
    i'm reminding DH to remind me regularly.... :)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Red sauce = Heart burn city!
    No more spaghetti until May. [-X
  • Options
    saige1121saige1121 member
    edited January 2014
    Today while wating for my Dr. I saw that a child was named KingSli.

Eta: wrong smiley :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Oh.. And I know it's winter, but if you are anywhere that has Blue Bell ice cream the Happy Tracks is amazing!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm afraid my baby is going to be born looking like a raisin with as much as I'm using this heating pad on my back...
  • Options
    So my kids name fail the "mug' or "pencil" test.... Montasia, Soleil, and LO (Zaniyah). I'll never find items with these names on them....lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    Mamamonzo said:

The belly is so tight and heavy tonight... :((

Mine too. More than usual tonight. Feels like I can't breathe and it's going to split right open.
  • Options
    Vinny424 said:
    So my kids name fail the "mug' or "pencil" test.... Montasia, Soleil, and LO (Zaniyah). I'll never find items with these names on them....lol. 
    Part of this test come from years of my nana buying me second hand stuff at yard sales or at the flea market that sort of had my name on it your names are different buying you were to name your baby Robert and decided Robbertt was a good way of spelling it I'd think it silly
    Half the time I can't find mine..... Natasha...lol

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

Mamamonzo said:

The belly is so tight and heavy tonight... :((

Mine too. More than usual tonight. Feels like I can't breathe and it's going to split right open.
    Growth spurt? My kid is already a porker! He needs to chill!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I feel ya! I think she's trying to tear me in half! And I know it won't stop any time soon :( RLP is kicking my ass. It hurts worse than ever before.
  • Options
    I left my straightener on two days in a row.  :-S
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    So I've been kind of AWOL today trying to figure out unemployment shit and go grocery shopping.  Story time... the housewives in my town are total cunts.  This woman was standing directly in front of the Progresso soups (which were a steal at 10/$11) and when I went to reach for one she totally bumped into me!  And then just stared at me waiting for ME to apologize.  What the actual fuck?  I was wearing my gigantic winter coat because I didn't have the foresight to wear a bra today, but come on, even if someone isn't pregnant, why wouldn't you apologize for bumping into them?

I got four plastic bins of pre-preg clothes packed up for DH to take down to storage, laundry card reloaded for tomorrow, about four bags worth of groceries, and taxes estimated.  Strangely, I feel WAY more accomplished than the four financial plans I would've closed at work today! My apartment is slowly becoming a home again--we moved so quickly after the wedding that we have a room of boxes and no pictures on the walls yet.
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    I'm having a really hard time with the waiting. I'm torturing myself with the what-ifs and literally felt like crying all day. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to make it until next Friday. It's just, I feel like I thought we were in the clear for stuff like this after getting though all the blood tests and NT scan with no issues...I feel like now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop at any time and I"m having a hard time getting excited about baby shower plans etc.It makes me feel horrible because I want to be excited but I'm just so worried....
    :( ((hugs))
  • Options
    @avila329 I don't blame you at all for having a hard time, hon. It's a hard situation. I'm sorry it's stealing your joy right now.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    aviola329 said:
    I'm having a really hard time with the waiting. I'm torturing myself with the what-ifs and literally felt like crying all day. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to make it until next Friday. It's just, I feel like I thought we were in the clear for stuff like this after getting though all the blood tests and NT scan with no issues...I feel like now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop at any time and I"m having a hard time getting excited about baby shower plans etc.It makes me feel horrible because I want to be excited but I'm just so worried....
    I'm sorry. :( Is there any chance of the results coming in sooner or is next Friday set in stone? I hope that the results provide you with some relief at the end of the long wait.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Was researching for a paper in my Health Economics and ran across this neat fact:

On December 27, 1933, America’s first “Blue Cross Baby” was born in Durham, North Carolina. The entire cost of her delivery and her mother’s 10-day hospital stay totaled $60.

Can I go back in time to have this LO and return with her!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    J&NL said:
    Ugh - I do that all the time, and I can't blame baby brain on it since I did it before I was preggers too!

• Options
    J&NL said:
    Ugh - I do that all the time, and I can't blame baby brain on it since I did it before I was preggers too!
    I never do this! I am usually really ocd about checking to make sure it's turned off but I guess I've been extra scatter brained lately. Scary! I'm glad I didn't burn the house down. 
  • Options
    @aviola329, you are in my thoughts and prayers. limbo is a horrible place to be.
  • Options
    @aviola329, I am so so sorry. I couldn't imagine. Hugs!

@biggerinreallife, CONGRATULATIONS! that's huge!
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    J&NLJ&NL member
    edited January 2014
    Yay or nay for a baby shower dress? 

also, which color is better?

eta: it's also a brunch.
  • Options
    J&NL said:
    Yay or nay for a baby shower dress? 

also, which color is better?

eta: it's also a brunch.
    I saw that one when I was looking. Really cute! I'm just too cheap to spend that much on a dress. I think I like the gray though, then spice it up with some cute jewelry. The red is pretty too...

• Options
    @J&L I like it! I like the grey. The oxblood is a little overwhelming and I normally like red. 
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Options
    Mamamonzo said:

Sweet baby Jesus do I miss sleeping on my stomach.

Possibly stupid question-sometimes I accidentally 'flamingo' sleep...half on my stomach, half on my side, one leg brought up close to me and the other straight down. The baby usually wakes me up, kicking and wriggling until I move. Should I be avoiding this position? I feel like I'm crushing it and it's like 'OH GAWD GET OFF ME HEIFER' and I get momentarily worried when I wake up.

I sleep the same way... Do you prop a pillow under you?
    Me three! I find myself to be super comfortable in this position.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

OK, opinions. I know, vaccinations, UGH. TDAP is not normally given here to mothers in their third trimester. My midwife said she had never heard of it being done. They have at most one case a year here, but, part of me just wants to get it anyway to be extra safe. Should I just ask for it at my next appointment?? When do you guys normally get it??

I got mine today @ my 28 week appt. My doc said anytime between 28-36 weeks is ideal for giving passive immunity to the baby.
    Anniversary
    RTT badgeDSCN1111  Isla
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    So apparently that chick on Aug14 who offended the ENTIRE bump with her anti-IVF post started a "Sorry not sorry. Can we just get over this?" thread. Whew. THAT did not go over well.

• Options
    So apparently that chick on Aug14 who offended the ENTIRE bump with her anti-IVF post started a "Sorry not sorry. Can we just get over this?" thread. Whew. THAT did not go over well.

SMH. Some people never learn their lesson.
  • Options
    Whine. Waking up to pee and drink water=also having a coughing fit, not being able to catch my breath, RLP, waking LO up so he is kicking for days, heartburn, super sore throat, water feels like icy death on super sore throat, tums tastes ok but makes me want more water, cold air hitting my skin hurts, my sleeping hubs wants to cuddle and he's roasting me, and now I can't get back to sleep.

I am going to cut every sick person at my work. Fuck this coming down with the plague noise. :((
  • Options
    aviola329 said:

So here's a more random thought from me...I still have a big ol bruise on my ass from my rhogam shot....seriously?

Eta: your support means the world. I will update as soon as I get more information. In the meantime, thanks for putting up with me.

We are all here for you, sweet lady.. Vent away! Keeping you in my thoughts, I can't imagine what a wreck I would be in your shoes, what ifs are my worst enemy. And a sore bum from a shot is insult to injury.. So not fair!
  • Options

Wow.....some people do not know when to stop. Do you think she is MUD? I mean who would honestly keep bating people with rude or idiotic posts? I do not get it.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"