September 2022 Moms

Introductions

14567810»

Re: Introductions

• @runsonanxiety hi!!! Wow, what coincidences! How are you feeling about puppy’s reaction to the baby? Our pup, Pepper, is so attached to me, I’m feeling nervous about how she will do when the baby arrives. Vizsla’s are so sensitive, I don’t want to throw her out of whack on top of all the other new things we’re about to experience! Are you feeling better now that you’re out of the first tri? I’ve noticed in the last week or so I’m feeling much better and I am sooo grateful!
  • @knottie I actually checked with my vet at our annual appointment a couple of weeks ago. He said just set the baby things up early and slowly so the dog has time to get used to it. I’m not sure that’s really gonna help a ton, but it probably won’t hurt!
  • Loading the player...
  • @knottie, I think I’m more worried about my Maple copping an attitude about not getting my full attention anymore LOL. V’s are very pack oriented so I think Pepper and Maple will be ok after some time! I am also feeling so much better now out of the first tri! :)
  • @runsonanxiety haha I’m worried about the attitude too. I hope they’ll do well! Pepper was almost Maple :) but now that we know her personality she is definitely…spicy lol
    @laj0217 that’s a good idea!! I heard recently to play a recording of a baby crying and give them a pb Kong or lickimat during the crying to create a more positive association. Who knows if that’s a real thing though!
  • @kate1122922 ohh, haven’t heard that one but definitely trying it now!
  • For anyone looking to prepare dog(s) for babies, a few resources that might help:
    1. https://open.spotify.com/album/4naP9gpt0Y4TdBR59zLXW0 is a Spotify soundtrack with baby noises
    2. https://www.dogwise.com/sounds-good-audio-cd-babies/ is a CD with baby noises
    3. https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/care/preparing-your-dog-for-a-newborn-baby/ has some great tips!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• I'm sharing this from something I posted over on the question thread quite a while ago. We did a ton of preparation with a professional before baby in order to get our dog ready, and it paid off.

My pup (who died of cancer last June) was also rescued from a horrible situation. He was a woman's dog and she was abused by her husband. The husband also abused the pup, and he nipped the husband one day, so they surrendered him. He was a woman's dog through and through, and it took my husband several years to earn a good level of trust with him. 

We worked with a behaviorist with him for several years. We agreed to take him in and handle any difficulties he may have, so we had to manage his issues before baby arrived. The behaviorist taught us many methods, and one of the critical ones was keeping a barrier between the baby and the dog (for us this looked like a gate around the living room that kept him out so we could have her with us without fear of him doing anything).

In the year and a half of her being here and him being alive, not once did he snap at her. It was a two-way street of her learning to respect animals and him learning to be around children. It was constant management, and I won't pretend it was easy or not stressful. But once she came into awareness of self around a year old, they were able to be in the same room with zero issues (but always supervising and managing any bad behavior by either one).

We managed him with training and medication for anxiety, and lots of love and attention (this was key, because you can't just ignore him once the baby arrives or you'll make things significantly worse). Please believe me when I say it's totally worth it, but be prepared to work really hard to get to a good spot.

Both kids and pets are difficult in different ways, but if you love your pet and want to keep him in your life, you'll need to work on this. Good luck! Any questions, please feel free to reach out. 💛
    DD 10/2019
  • Introduce yourself: Hello, my name is Nika. 
    Im 31yrs old. Married for 5yrs

Due date? September 12 2022

How did you find out? I found out because I didn’t get my period. I always keep track on period tracker and I was 4 days late so decided to take a pregnancy test and it came out positive!

Tell us about yourself: I have a 3 yer old she will also be 4 in September. I had a miscarriage last year. But I’m so grateful that I got my rainbow baby. I have 2 pugs. I work for a program called think together for elementary school. I love it! I am also a marketing manager for Crumb. At crumb we sell protein donuts which are gluten Free and keto Friendly we also have a vegan option. Check us out on Instagram @Crumb_Protein_Doughnuts or online website Crumb.Shop
    I work 2 jobs and I enjoy doing them both!

Things you like to do? I love to create things on my cricut maker. Enjoy doing puzzles and coloring with my daughter. I love to read. 

How are you feeling? I have been feeling nauseous through out my pregnancy from day one to the point where I wasn’t able to keep food down. My doctor prescribed me vitamin B6 which has been helping me a lot. I am currently 19 weeks pregnant.  

GTKY Fun fact: If I could only eat one thing forever, I would eat only PB&J sandwiches with the crust off.  
  • Welcome, Madison!! 
  • Welcome Madison! How do you feel about crocheting or knitting your baby girl a blanket? Crocheting has been one of the ways I sit down for a while and not feel bored. It’s very relaxing and I get to enjoy my thoughts and sometime listen to a podcast or binge a show while feeling productive because my baby will get to be warm by the efforts. 
  • kbk2022kbk2022 member
    Hi All, I’m Katie 39 years old. This is my first pregnancy and we are having a boy.

Due date? September 26th

How did you find out? I found out at urgent care with bronchitis. I was already 7.5 weeks pregnant. I had had covid mid January and thought my cycle being off was tied to that. Boy was I wrong!

Tell us about yourself: I’m newly married as of October. My husband and I recently moved to Orange County, CA. It has been fun to explore a new area neither of us have lived in.

How are you feeling? I’m feeling excited to be pregnant and mostly good. By the end of the day I’m feeling tiered especially the 3 days a week I go into the office. I’m on a hybrid work schedule. I also feel nervous since this is my first pregnancy and I have had covid and bronchitis while pregnant. All tests look good but I still worry. I am also allergic to Gluten so I am nervous that my baby will have an issue with it since I can’t expose him to it in utero.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Gluten Free Mac and Cheese!
  • Welcome kbk!
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kbk2022 I also had covid, at 13 weeks. So far, I haven't heard of any major concerns that come from having covid while pregnant. These later variants seem to affect the throat more than the lungs and not being able to breathe properly is/was a major concern.
  • @kbk2022 Welcome! Thankfully (or not?) celiac is an autoimmune disorder, so exposure to gluten in utero would likely not have made that big a difference if he inherits it from you. Also, it is much more likely in females than males, so his odds are way better for being able to eat it than my girl’s odds. My mom and I are both celiac, so my baby girl… ugh, I hope she inherits her father’s intestines. 
    I have to ask because I’m obsessed, do they have Canyon Bakehouse bread where you are? It’s become my absolute favorite for mass-produced GF bread. 
  • Hi, Im Elizabeth. im new here.
  • Welcome Elizabeth. Please introduce yourself, you can find the format in pretty much everyone else's introduction posts
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kbk2022 welcome! I also had COVID in mid-January - I thought I had missed a period because I was sick. I called my GP to ask for a round of blood tests because I had been feeling sick and exhausted ever since getting COVID, and everything came back normal except the pregnancy test. :P
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• kbk2022kbk2022 member
    @kboydbowman thank you for the welcome!

@babywiik that is true, none of my dr. were too concerned. I guess the bright side is baby K will have some good antibodies.

@pangolindrome thank you so much for this information! That does make me feel a lot better. I was surprised how little information my Dr.s (I switched partway thru) could provide. Crossing my fingers for your girl. We do have canyon Bakehouse bread at Whole Foods. I love the brand too but don’t get it as regularly as I’d like to. It’s crazy I haven’t craved carbs in so long but it seems like that’s all I really want now!
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited May 2022
    @kbk2022 I think it makes a difference that Sweden has such a high incidence of celiacs. From the time I was like... 11 or something, I went to annual camps for celiac kids and we learned a lot, got to enjoy eating everything that was there, talked about our health issues, and had lots of fun activities
  • Hello all friend, How are you?
  • @kbk2022 I had covid at 22/23 weeks. I just had an appointment with my provider and they said that if you have had covid before the 20 week ultrasound they aren't doing much follow up but because I had it after my ultrasound they are doing an additional scan to make sure baby's growth is still on track. :)
  • kbk2022kbk2022 member
    @mamamoomoo12 thank you! That’s good to hear. I’m 23 weeks pregnant and just tested positive again for covid today. I have a call into my dr. I’m so bummed because we have been so careful but went to a wedding 2 weeks ago. My husband who didn’t get it when I had it in January got it last week. I tested again today after some symptoms and now I’m positive.   :(
  • ntroduce yourself:
    Hello everyone 😇, my name is Katherine, or “Kat” for short, I live in Seattle,WA.

Due date?
    I am due September 28,2022.

How did you find out?
    We began trying around winter 2021, and obsessively was testing constantly. Then we gave up and come January 2022 I started feeling hungrier than normal. Then I went to the dollar store picked up several pregnancy tests, and all said positive! Yay 😁

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I have a boy, and he is 4 yrsold. No pets at the moment. But have kept a dog and fish avidly before. I am an Early Childhood Teacher, but have been on maternity leave for the past month due to SI joint/Sciatica pain.

How are you feeling? Moody, hungry, and pain on my left side. This is will be my second pregnancy 🤰🏻 but first time experiencing the nerve pain. Any tips out there?? Constipated occasionally not often.
    First appointment? I found out I was 4 weeks along, yay! We went home with a baby shrimp 🍤 fetus picture. Any symptoms? I was hungrier than normal around mid January, which made me want to test.
    Emotionally? I feel super sensitive! Also at the first trimester I felt an influx of femininity the opposite from when I had my son. I wanted on a spree of wanting to wear heels a lot. Anyone else can relate? I’m sure it was due to hormonal regulation or irregular regulation.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. If I could eat one thing forever, it would be Watermelon. I am constantly craving and killing tons of Watermelon anytime and any day!
  • @eek0612 hey! I'm from southwest WA (live overseas now) and am also an ECE teacher. Or I was before I had my daughter and became a stay at home mom. Now I'm an ECE mom😜 I highly recommend Mommastrong for any and all pain. She has lots of videos of how to get the pain to leave as well as prevent it from coming. My sciatic has calmed WAY down since I started following her recommendations. 
  • Hello! My name is Emily. I’m a little late to the discussion board here, but better late than never! I’m 30 weeks today, so it is starting to feel VERY real!

Due date: EDD is September 8

How did you find out? 

My period was late, but I’ve been known to have an irregular period here and there, so it was the really sore breasts (for weeks) that tipped me off something was different this time around. Took a test and it was positive, then confirmed it with the doctor!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

I’m 29, live in the Chicagoland area and currently work as a paralegal for a law firm. I have a wonderful husband, 3 dogs and a cat. We have no other children and I’m excited to be expanding our family in just a few short months. We like to go on hikes with the dogs, and travel when we can. I enjoy reading and crafting, but lately have only really had energy to binge watch some of our favorite shows and movies during downtime.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

Like I said above, 30 weeks today, so well past the first appointment! Emotionally, I’m feeling excited, happy and nervous with the looming reality that my life is going to change forever in September. I’ve been experiencing typical third trimester symptoms: return of fatigue, swollen/puffy hands feet and ankles, some pelvic pain and sore back if I’m standing too long. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.

This is a hard one for me, but probably guacamole! I love a good guacamole!
  • Welcome, Emily! What kind of crafts do you like? 
  • maple1422 said:
    Welcome, Emily! What kind of crafts do you like? 
    I like to knit and paint! And I live photography (if you want to call that a craft). But I can get in to anything creative, really, it’s fun!
  • @ecstrentz Have you knit anything for baby yet?