September 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @babywiik that’s awesome! I am in Hungary so maybe one time zone away! It sounds like we have similar situations. My husband is from here and will likely be translating for me. Today we made our first appointment with a doctor who speaks English so it feels like such a win! 
  • My stepgrandmother who just passed last year (at age 98, although it was COVID-related) was from Hungary.  I miss her.... "Kimber-lik dahlink, how aaaarrrrrrre you?"
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • Hi! My name’s Rachael, living in central VA with my husband of 3 years. This is our first so we’re learning a lot and definitely excited.

Due date? September 22nd (unofficial). I’m also a September baby so it’ll be interesting to see how close to my birthday they land!

How did you find out? I actually had COVID during the first several weeks, so I’m pretty sure that masked some of the symptoms, but what it didn’t keep me from noticing were breasts that were sore WAY earlier and longer than usual. Convinced myself to wait until the second day of what should have been my period before testing. That line came up clear and quick!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I have a year old Australian Shepherd who has kept me busy and active even when I don’t feel like it LOL. We joke it’s been great training for a toddler. I work as a video editor. Both of us love hiking, cooking, and strategy board games.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’ve had textbook timing on all the symptoms as far as I can tell, and boy is “morning” sickness a thing right now! (All the other ladies working in an office without a private room, I feel ya) For me, it’s pretty much all day feeling bad, but I’m keeping liquids & food down so I can’t complain. Emotionally, excited for the baby and also ready for the first trimester to finish up already.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Haha hard to say since nothing sounds good currently! I think my old self would have chosen pizza or taco salad. 
  • edited February 2022
    Introduce yourself:

Hi I am 29 and hubs and I are expecting our first child

Due date: September 12, 2022

How did you find out?

I took a clear blue digital a day after my expected period. I’m never late so I knew something was up.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

We have a loved 7 year old Doberman that acts like he is our only child. (Mainly because I spoil him. He’s a sweetie)
    I like to watch YouTube videos, label things with my Cricut machine, crochet and knit, and binge watch shows.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I am Excited! Our first appointment was in the beginning of February and it was a dream. We were both excited and like okay well this is real! We are having a baby. Just extremely grateful. Now symptoms have been interesting they have seemed to stop except for fatigue. I wake up tired. Over the 5 weeks of us knowing I have have had, cramping, sore breast, breast size has increased, vivid dreams, mood swings (pray for my sweet husband) craving cheese and salty savory things, headaches were horrible in week 4-7. Also I had slight nausea week 6-7 but only when I ate too fast or got excited talking about something. I didn’t mind the rare moments I felt slight nausea because I took it as reassurance that baby was doing well. Oh and I still urinate about 3-5 times a night. The newest thing is that I can not stand the smell of fries cooking even if it’s in the air fryer but I love the taste of fries still so idk what that’s about.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.

If I could eat one thing omg, one is so limited lol it would probably be something cheesy like a pasta with a lot of Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
  • @mschmitt14 Your cookie sounds like it was adorable!
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Introduce yourself: Tiffany Blake! 

Due date?: Sept 17, 2022

How did you find out?: Had my yearly sinus infection. But, this time it came with extreme fatigue + dizziness. Totally thought I had Covid.. ended up testing positive with child instead! 

Tell us about yourself: 26. Married to my highschool sweetheart since 2017. He is a firefighter. I run a cottage law bakery. We have two pups. 10 nieces + nephews. This will be our first child. We're very outdoorsy + active!

How are you feeling? On + off headaches and nausea. For the most part, fatigue has declined + energy has picked up. I'm sleeping better + longer. First appt + ultrasound under our belt. All in all, feeling pretty good! The hardest part has been learning a new relationship with food - as my Dr has terrified me of gaining too much weight during pregnancy. Recently lost 40 lbs... So struggling with the idea of gaining that back. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.: 
    BLTs - they're SO good! 
  • Hi! I’m Jordan, 30 and a first timer! 
    Due- 9/24/22
    We found out a few weeks ago! I had just ordered sushi to bring to a movie night with friends. Ran upstairs to take a pregnancy test, certain it would be negative, so I could have a a beer. And we’ll here we are, no sushi, no beer. 

About me- Im 30, a science teacher, and married to the best person I ever met. We recently moved from New York City to a mountain town in the Adirondacks. I love to run and see and would love to hear about other moms who are running through pregnancy. I’ve mostly held back now because of the icy roads. I’m afraid of falling! 

How am I feeling- I actually feel pretty good. Definitely forging a new weird relationship with food. I have constant discomfort/ low level nausea. I think it’s more related to my constipation than morning sickness. Exhausted all the time. But despite the physical symptoms I have a renewed sort of energy/ focus around work and grad school. 

One food I could eat forever? A delicious juicy orange!
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hey! I’m Kaci. I live in Arkansas and teach kindergarten.

Due date? September 24

How did you find out? Pregnancy test out of the blue … no reason to test m, just did.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am married and we have one 3.5 year old boy together. I teach kindergarten and honestly love it. It’s hard some days but very rewarding.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) my first appointment is Wednesday Feb. 16. I’m excited but nervous as we have had a missed MC before.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. I’d have to say oatmeal with cinnamon, honey, and peanut butter.
  • Hi, my name is Allyson. I live in Southern California. With my husband. First time parents!!

My due date is, Sept. 19th

It's funny how I found out. A girlfriend of mine thought she was pregnant and needed to take one but she was nervous so I took one with her. We were on a video call and flipped them at the same time and mine had two lines and hers didn't.

Umm well, my husband and I moved out of our parent's house about a year ago, got married, and not living with our two best friends. I currently don't work but I'm in school, I'm trying to get my general education done. My husband works at local pep boys. We are young, so this is our first child. We don't have any pets currently but we would like to get a dog eventually. Our roommate currently has a cat, and he's been so loving towards me.

I'm a little overwhelmed with this being my first pregnancy and all. Other then that I'm doing good. Morning sickness is hell. I've gone for my first appointment and just waiting to see when I can go in for an ultrasound.

I just had some white cheddar cheez-its last night and that was heaven with a chocolate peanut butter milkshake. I think I'll be good. 
  • Hello Lovely Ladies! 

My name is Brianna, I am 25 years old and I am pregnant with my first baby! 

Due date? 
    September 15

How did you find out?
    I had very sore boobs that wouldn’t go away so I took about 3 pregnancy tests and all were positive. It was then confirmed by a blood test. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This is my first baby. I live with my fiancé and our 5 month old puppy Rudy. I love to spend time with family and friends 😁

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    I have no morning sickness (thankfully!) I still have sore breasts and crazy mood swings! I am very worried about finances but I know I have the support of my family and everything will work out on the end! 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    I could eat sushi for the rest of my life 😂
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi everyone, I’m Megan, I’m 38 and I live in Canada with my partner who is 42. This is our first child. 

Due date?
    September 1 just confirmed. Ive been reading all your stories but didn’t make a username till now. 

How did you find out?
    We were TTC for about 4 months and I was doing ovulation tests in November and December, so I knew it was possible and wanted to test the day after my period was due to be sure and not get an early negative. Which ended up being Christmas morning! I tested early when I had to get up to pee and then woke him to let him know the news. So then I also knew I could not have any wine with Christmas dinner which was good! Then I tested again the next day and then a week later to few certain. Got a blood test around week 6. Finally got in for a dating ultrasound this week as there is a baby boom around here and it’s hard to get appointments! I managed to get in with midwives which is a covered service we have here and I’m excited about that and they are great. 

We have a 8 month old kitten and no previous kids. We both work in software and luckily work from home now as many companies moved to remote here since the pandemic started. I love movies, hanging out on the deck, and travelling all over the world. We hope the baby will want to be a traveler too when it’s ready! 

At first it didn’t quite feel real and was strange but more symptoms kicked in days after I tested (already had sore boobs before but get those when I get my period too). Boobs insanely sore still and I need to wear a bra to sleep, nausea, strong gag reflex, migraines a few times, some food aversions. 
    I haven’t been sick in the morning usually - more afternoons and before bed. Had to get a snack schedule really quick to keep nausea under control but was manageable while working from home with time for breaks and snacks easily so I can’t complain too much! The nausea is starting to reduce as I am in week 11 now but shows up randomly sometimes. Starting to feel more excited and telling more family and friends now! 

I think it would be really good fresh made pasta with a beautiful sauce - like cacio e pepe or something rich and yummy. 
  • Introduce yourself:
    I'm Anastasia, 31, Texan living in cold Indiana.

Due date?
    September 17

How did you find out?
    I took ovulation medication (PCOS), peed on many an ovulation test and then pregnancy tests. Knew the first day I possibly could have. We got pregnant the first attempt!

Married less than a year to my partner of 5 years. He has been incredibly supportive during our fertility trials. 4 cats (glad to be off box duty!). I am a programmer so getting up and moving around has been an obstacle. I enjoy crafting, playing Switch, and studying Japanese in my free time.

Breasts were incredibly sore though that has mostly subsided. Nausea and issues with food but no vomiting. Had a previous miscarriage earlier in, so I have no idea what my body is or isn't supposed to be doing. Decrease in nausea and breast tenderness has me worried but staying positive.
    First appt for viability scan was Jan 27th, got to see the bean and hear their heartbeat. History appt today, next scan March 3.

Currently, sweet potato! 
  • Introduce yourself: 
    Hi! My name is Emma. I’m 29yrs old and pregnant with my first baby!

Due date?
    September 21st

How did you find out?
    We had been trying and tracking for a few months so as soon as my period was one day late I took a test- positive! So we’ve known since about 4wks. 

I have been married just over a year to a man I’ve been with for 8yrs. We met online(eharmony) before online dating was a thing. I am a dog walker so most of my days are spent outside. I have two dogs and two cats. 

Just had my 8wk appt. today! Feeling ruins excited and still a little like wtf this is so crazy. The ultrasound tech pointed out the heartbeat and I literally told her that’s insane hahaha. Such a weird feeling seeing that little gummy bear on the screen. No major symptoms, fatigue and some nausea but overall feeling good. Felling like the first trimester is death waiting to tell people and keeping it a secret. 

Pancakes are my kryptonite. 
  • x0morgannax0morganna member
    edited February 2022
    Hi, my name is Morgan! I’m 30 years old and this is my first pregnancy. 

Due date? September 12th

How did you find out? EPT test on 1/10/22! 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This is my first pregnancy. I’m a psychotherapist specializing in sex therapy. I love Marvel movies, baseball, and writing fiction. I have been married to my husband since 2018. :)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I am 10 weeks along and have my first ultrasound tomorrow. I’m very nervous. My symptoms have been very mild and have subsided for the most part over the past week or so which is part of what is making me nervous. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Sushi! I miss it. 😭
  • Hi @x0morganna I'm a psychologist specializing in gender, sexuality, and corrections. :) Nice to see fellow MH professionals.
    Current pregnancy -

• Hi @x0morganna I'm a psychologist specializing in gender, sexuality, and corrections. :) Nice to see fellow MH professionals.
    Yaaaas love to see it!
  • Introduce yourself: I’m Jessica, 37 and my first child. 

Due date? 9/2

How did you find out? Pregnancy test 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) two sweet girl cats, lovely husband, love to work out and read

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) tired. I am so tired. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. I just threw up so I can’t think about food right now. :)
  • Hello everyone! I’m Paige and I turn 28 on Monday :)

My estimated due date is September 22, my first appointment is in a couple of days for confirmation.

I grew up with PCOS/endo and every doctor I saw for laparoscopic procedures told me there’s no way my eggs would survive after long (and this is when I was 16) and with no pregnancy scares I thought I was definitely infertile. My boyfriend jokingly talked at my belly one day when I wasn’t feeling well after a donut (my favorite food ever), figured it was PMS stuff but then I had a dream I was chasing twins around the house and decided to get a test that day. I took 3 at home tests the day I was due for my period.

I have a dog who just turned a year and just finished nursing school - starting my first RN job at the end of the month! Very excited but the most nervous. And in the horrible habit (from school) of googling symptoms/abnormalities which I’m working on lol. My partner is amazing, has been so helpful and even got expectant dad books he’s been reading.

I was scared to tell him since it was so early but when I did he was so happy and has been excited since. I wanted to do something cute but we decided to do the cute stuff for the grandparents/aunts and uncles.

I’m feeling SCARED more than anything and very nervous for my first appointment. Hoping this is a viable pregnancy and nervous to put any bad juju out there right now. My boobs have been so weird like grossly sensitive nipples and they’re already sitting funky. The NAUSEA omg I thought it would never end but recently I’ve been getting more food down so I’m happy. First appointment is this Thursday the 17th so wish me luck!

A food I could eat forever is steak!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi everyone!! I'm Tiffany and this is my first pregnancy.

Due date? I'm 8+0 today. The Bump tells me my due date is September 27.

How did you find out? Coffee made me feel sick (and I live for coffee!) and food that I usually like made my stomach turn. It was several days before my first missed period but I decided to take a test anyway because the aversion to coffee/food was strange.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a wonderful dog and the spouse is ok also, I guess. All kidding aside, my spouse has been really great and is just over the moon about the pregnancy. He keeps asking me if I'm craving anything so that he could make a run. So far, I haven't had a single craving. We'll see how long this lasts!

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I'm exhausted all day, everyday. I have the usual pregnancy symptoms (e.g., constipation, insomnia, sore breasts, nausea, etc.) and I'm anxiously waiting for my 12-week ultrasound. I had very severe menstrual-like cramps with some light spotting at four weeks. Because of this, I had an ultrasound at 4 weeks, 5 weeks, and 6 weeks. Things looked normal at 6 weeks so the doctor told me I didn't need to come back again until Week 10 (but I had some scheduling issues so I'll be going in at 12 weeks). This forum has helped me so much during the earlier weeks and continues to provide so much information and reassurance for my symptoms and anxiety. Thank you!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Right now, I can't imagine eating anything forever because all food feel so unappetizing. Perhaps pre/post-pregnancy, I might say chocolates.
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! Name is Raquel - 29 years old. Pensacola, FL - married for 2 years and first time being pregnant!

Due date?
    9/14/2022

How did you find out?
    My husband and I have been trying for 5 months, had a salpingectomy done in December and got pregnant my next ovulation! So two days before my missed period I took a test and it was positive. Took many more just to make sure!

I have a golden retriever/yellow lab mix named Ruger we rescued him 3 years ago and he is almost 4. I’ve been in medical sales for the last 4 years. I enjoy working out and cooking!

First appt was 8wk on feb 2. I had symptoms early on starting week 4 - sore breasts, fatigue, heightened sense of smell. Currently I am 9wk 6 days and the last week I’ve had a headache every single day which is miserable. Food aversions at an all time high - as soon as I find something I like to eat I can’t eat it anymore after a few times.

Chipotle is my life
  • Hello hello! 

Due date: Sept 30th but we are having triplets (what?!!!) so more likely sometime in August. 

How did you find out? We did IVF and couldn’t wait until the scheduled blood test so we did an at home test and it was positive even at 3 weeks 4 days. Confirmed the happy results with the blood test a couple of days later. 

Tell us about yourself: we have a 19 month old daughter who is our everything! I’m mostly a stay at home mom but I also teach dance 2 nights a week. I also love, love, love reading. 

How are you feeling? Feeling very nauseous and tired. Emotionally I’m equal parts nervous and excited. But overall I’m feeling oh so grateful 🤍

GTKY Fun fact: Forever food - Potatoes in all of their delicious forms!!! 

• i'm Solana, but after moving to a predominantly caucasian/non-hispanic/non-ethnic area my name got americanized to Sunny. i'm 24, turning 25 in April. i got married at 19 to my high school sweetheart whom i had been dating since i was about 14. we had our first child by unofficial surrogate when i was 20 and we decided our next one will be one i gave birth to despite my fertility issues.

my due date is September 23rd but i'm planning on having a c-section so the birth date will definitely be earlier than that. 

i found out i was pregnant because i was 2 weeks late for my period. i had been late before so i didn't want to get my hopes up but i took a test anyway and it came up positive. i called our daughter up and had her run down with the test to my spouse shouting "i'm gonna be a big sister!". it was the anniversary of the day he proposed to me. 

i'm a stay at home parent with a 4 year old daughter who was born almost exactly 20 years apart from me. we plan on moving to Colorado from Vermont when the new baby is about a year old so moving will be a little easier. my spouse is a delivery driver for a furniture and appliance company. i'm the child of Cuban immigrants. 

i'm mainly just tired all the time and hungry. i also feel like i have a cold. i'm high risk so i was told to keep activity to a minimum.
  • Hi @theaddamsfamily welcome! What is an “unofficial surrogate”?
  • Hello and welcome to the September 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself:
    I’m Anna and I’ll be 30 in April 😬

Due date? 
    According to my cycle I’m due 9/15

How did you find out?
    My husband started teasing me (which we do literally all the time) and I started crying. My period was “late” for 2 days and while this had been a normal occurrence for the past couple of months the heightened emotions were not. He asked me what was wrong and I told him he was mean and that’s when I knew I had to go out and get a test 🤣.

I have 3 boys (12, 7, & 5). I’ve been with my husband for 12 years and we’ve been married for 9 years. 

Tired. Always tired. My favorite foods are no longer my favorites because of how nauseous they make me 🥴. I swear my symptoms are way worse than they were with my 3 boys. 

Ramen. I’m talking about real ramen, not that freeze dried stuff. 
  • Hi I’m Alexis, I’m 30, married for 3 years and this is my first pregnancy! We’ve been trying to conceive since July of 2020.

I believe we’re due September 30th, but will find out more at our first 8 week appointment next week!

I’m a makeup artist in Southern California and absolutely love what I do. My husband and I spend our free time at the beach. I love doing yoga, going for long walks, playing tennis and traveling!

Surprisingly, I’ve been feeling really good with the occasional bout of nausea. I am absolutely exhausted after lunch everyday and feel like I’ve been napping a lot. I’m tracking that I’m 7w5d today and so so excited for my first appointment next week! We’re feeling very relieved that we are able to naturally conceive, as we had met with a fertility specialist who suggested IUI. In November of 2021 I had a sonohysterography, which is an ultrasounds where they send saline into your uterus to see the natural flow and bodily process. They told us afterwards that they see a lot of couples conceive in the following 3 months afterwards naturally due to the saline giving a nice cleanse! Well 2 months after we got our positive!

If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life if my life it’d probably be some type of noodles, pasta, pad Thai, ramen - I can’t decide!
  • Hi! 

I’m M. 

Married to husband for 4 years. Trying to conceive since June of 2020. Did the tubal dye study (hysterosalpingogram) to look for reasons for infertility in August. Seemed to help my fertility (uterus needed a good flushing out?). Had brief pregnancy which ended in miscarriage and D&C in Oct/Nov, and now pregnant for the second time. Due Sept 10. 

Had BFP morning of Dec 31. I wasn’t doing pregnancy tests every month, but I did one of that day to see if it’d be safe to have some cocktails for NYE. The BFP was a much more exciting for us than having some cocktails. :smile:

Im a primary care clinician in MN. Husband and I have two older cats and a 1.5 year old super sweet pit bull/lab/collie mix. My husband gave me the name “momsicle” by using this name when talking to the dog about me -“do you want to help me make waffles for momsicle?!” 😂 I love knitting, gardening, yoga, traveling, and hiking with my husband and dog. 

Feeling all the symptoms except vomiting. Nausea for most of my waking hours, exhaustion/napping as much as I can. Hopeful that being 11 weeks tomorrow means I start feeling better soon. Was initially very anxious about the possibility of another loss, but that anxiety has decreased with time and seeing heartbeat. Had first OB visit at 9w3d and things were going well. My doc showed me the heartbeat via informal ultrasound in the exam room since it was too early to doppler and she’s so busy that my next appt isn’t until 16 weeks (though I have an NT scan at 12 weeks so she was okay with the amount of time between visit). 

Favorite/forever foods would be cold soups. I love gazpacho and this one super tasty Bulgarian soup called Tarator (yogurt, cucumber, walnuts, raw garlic, olive oil, mint/dill… all my favorite flavors 🤤)
  • Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Trish! I have 3 cats and I’m getting married in March! I enjoy watching the Golden girls, or just really anything quiet at home.

Due date? September 10th!

How did you find out? We tried for a month thinking I was infertile like most of my family. But we had a hunch 2022 would be different for us! January 3rd we found out I was pregnant. 🖤

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? This is our first baby! We have 3 cats named Coraline, Carrot, and Cashew! Job? I work at Walmart but I’m currently changing jobs. Things you like to do? I like to stay home with my babies, go swimming, work out, spend time with my fiancé! Spouse/partner?) His name is Ky. And I love him so much.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I heard my babies heartbeat 2 days ago! (10w5d) It was so magical! I cried in front of the doctor.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Easily chicken or potatoes!
  • Hello! I’m Marty, I’m 25 and non-binary (they,them)

My due date is September 21st, I’m in my 9th week

My partner and I decided it’s time for baby number two so I checked with a pee test as soon as my period was late

My first was born May 4th which is funny cuz neither my partner or I like Star Wars, he’s 2 turning 3 this year. I am a stay at home parent while my partner works overnights as a manager.

I’ve been struggling with extreme morning sickness, but I was prescribed a medication to help with that. My first ultrasound is coming up in a few days so I’m super excited to see my little bean.
  • Introduce yourself: Hii everyone! I'm an almost-32 year-old newlywed. I'm also a daughter, a sister, and an NYC public school teacher.

Due date? 9/26/2022

How did you find out? After feeling nauseous for a week and pretty certain that I was pregnant, I took a pregnancy test (or three lol) a couple days after my missed period. 

Tell us about yourself: I love to read, especially romance novels, and I've picked up drawing again recently which is a lifelong hobby I'd stopped doing because life got so busy. I also love cooking and baking and one of the ways I show love and appreciation is by feeding people lol I've been with my husband for over five years but we just had a beautiful wedding in October 2021. This is our second pregnancy.

How are you feeling? So far I've had nausea pretty much all day every day since the symptoms first started. I take it as a good sign though because we learned that we experienced a missed miscarriage last year right after our wedding. That was pretty tough and a little traumatizing since it was also our first pregnancy. At first I was extremely anxious/fearful and it was keeping me from feeling happy and excited about this pregnancy. But with support from my husband, family, these types of spaces and meditation, I'm just taking it one day and appointment at a time. I feel really blessed to have the doctor I have because she's made all of this much smoother and she's been a great support.

GTKY Fun fact: I'd definitely go with tacos! You can have so many combinations and it will always be good!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Ashee, I’m a 28 year old art teacher. My husband and I have been together since we were in high school, married for 1 year, and we are expecting our first baby.

Due date? 9/20/2022

How did you find out? We had to go through fertility treatments (IUIs). We were hyper aware of the timeline. My boobs were sore about 5 days before my clinic’s blood test, so I took a home test and got the faintest faintest positive!

Tell us about yourself: I’m a teacher, I’m a homebody. I’m anxious about this pregnancy, our 3rd IUI gave us this baby but our 2nd IUI was a chemical and that was really sad. I’m constantly worried but feeling better the further along I get.
    I like to paint and make linocuts, I love lazing around with my cats on my days off. I have two cats, Felix and Morty. They are the BEST!

How are you feeling? So thrilled and so scared!! Chemical really threw us for a loop so it’s hard to be completed excited. Physically I think I feel decent, I’ve only puked four times so I’m thankful for that. I somehow sleep a lot but also have trouble sleeping!

GTKY Fun fact: If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, my pregnant brain currently says it’s mac and cheese.
  • @ashking0922
    what's a linocut?
    Current pregnancy -

• Introduce yourself: I'm Dana, I'm 37 and my husband and I have an amazing life and a lot of pets.

Due date? 9/25 by LMP, haven't seen a doctor yet. I'm worried this might not end well, even though I have no reason to worry so far based on symptoms. I'm hoping I'll feel better after the first ultrasound, where we'll know a little more about whether things seem to be progressing normally.

How did you find out? I had been feeling sick to my stomach for weeks, but as my husband and I were told we couldn't have kids I thought it was post-COVID symptoms. I talked to my GP and he ordered a bunch of blood tests just to rule out anything scary. We were both certain I wasn't pregnant, but figured it would be dumb to leave that test out if we were doing others. I was shocked when it came back positive!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) No kids, and not currently working. Ordinarily I ride horses 3-4 times a week, but clearly I'll need to pause that hobby. I used to do a fair amount of knitting, crocheting, and cross stitch and I think I'll try to pick those up again. We have two dogs, two cats, and four chickens. I'm feeling very lucky, the dogs and cats all like kids and I think we'll do just fine.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I feel really sick! My stomach won't settle and there are only a few categories of food I can eat. (Toast, pasta, some fruit, eggs - yes, I'm careful about how cooked they are.) My head hurts. This would be miserable, if I wasn't so excited.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. It's a toss up between eggs benedict (when I'm not pregnant) and macaroni and cheese.
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Introduce yourself: hi I’m Amber - 29 yr old

Due date? September 9th

How did you find out? At home test, we were trying.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) -
    This is my second pregnancy (first was ectopic). I’m an architect. I love to read and go to the park with the pup.

Feeling tired and cautiously optimistic, but we’re now at 11 weeks and it’s starting to feel real. I’ll have my 3rd appointment this week for the NT/NIPT.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever
    Pizza. Always.
  • Hi everybody!! I’m Nicky, happily married for nearly 2 years now 😊 but have been with my husband for 8 years. We are pregnant with our very first!

Due date is September 4th, so same birth month as myself, a nice little birthday gift lol. Currently 12 weeks and feeling all the feels lol.

Last year we went through a molar pregnancy, and got the go ahead to start TTC at the end of November - and low and behold we got pregnant in December! So we are very blessed. Since we were trying, I tested on the day of my missed period and that’s how we found out 😊.

I had my first appointment at 7 weeks where we heard the little one’s heartbeat, and had my second appointment at 11 weeks where we got to see their shape 😆 their heartbeat is 153.

My symptoms have really only been nausea but that seems to be subsiding now. Emotional yes, but have always been a bit of a crybaby 😂.

If I could only eat one thing forever……. Ramen lol
  • Hi Nicky & Welcome! Please be sure to change your username to something we can more easily identify you by!