September 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @lilienne I’ve attempted to change my username twice now and it just doesn’t seem to want to!
  • @knottie6109126c916f622a theBump's interface isn't the easiest...your best bet is to log out of all but one device/window/browser/etc., then make the change, then log out on the remaining instance, then log back in. You can also email community@thebump.com if it really just isn't working, and someone there can help you. (If you do that, they recommend sending a few user name options in case your first choice is already taken.)
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself: Hello :) I am 22 years old from New York and a first time mom to be

Due date? September 5th 2022 ❤️

How did you find out? Took a test week after missed period. Was definitely surprise but excited

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

Will be a first time mom. My fiancé and I have two cat babies and we like to hike and be outdoors and sometimes take our cats with us

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

Feeling amazing now that we made it to the second trimester. First trimester wasn’t too bad but nauseous just about everyday for a few weeks
  • Hello fellow September mamas!

I am new to the group and new to mama hood. This is my first pregnancy after trying for 15 months being off birth control. I am 31 years old and live in Missouri with my husband. We will have been married for 5 years this September. We got pregnant right before starting fertility treatment so it truly felt like such a miracle. Plus I recently learned I have PCOS which makes sense now since it was harder for us. I also have several chronic illnesses like POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), MCAS (mast cell activation syndrome), sleep apnea, chronic migraine, and some other stuff as well. I had to go off many of my helpful meds for this pregnancy so it has been rough symptom wise. But I am overjoyed by our situation and am forever grateful!

Due date? Baby is due September 10th :) and we are waiting to find out the gender until birth.

How did you find out? I had been waiting for my next period to come so we could potentially move forward with fertility treatment and the second day I tested, I got a super faint line! ☺️

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) We have one remaining cat (almost 19 years old - from my childhood) and no other children. My husband and I recently made a documentary on POTS and I am now building a remote business for myself that I can sustain remotely while managing my chronic illnesses and being a mama. In my free time and when I have the energy, I love to paint, take walks in nature, journal, sing, and dance.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) it’s been a rocky first couple of months. My main symptoms have been nausea, vomiting, dizziness, periodic fatigue, blood pooling, near syncopal episodes, headaches, migraine, food aversions, hyper sense of smell, sore breasts, and trouble sleeping due to belly aching at night. Emotionally, I am doing great and I honestly don’t feel like I’ve had any pregnancy hormone mood swings. I am just so thankful we got pregnant and that we have a baby on the way! 🙏🏼 We have already had four ultrasounds and several appointments due to this being a slightly higher risk pregnancy with my other conditions. But baby’s growth is great so far and things are looking good at this point!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Pasta with extra virgin olive oil, fresh mozzarella, garlic, and some sort of veggie. 😋
  • @ashleyrippentrop I just listened to a birth hour episode about a mom with POTS and how pregnancy can exasperate that. I'm sorry you have to go through that. 
  • @csardaszz Welcome! I'm in SC...I think I'm the only one. haha and also have chickens! :)
  • @csardaszz congrats on the twins! I am a fraternal twin, and were supposed to be the last child 😅 

do twins run in your family? 

My midwife said she wouldn’t be able to tell twins by the Doppler but I guess you are a few weeks ahead so that probably makes a big difference! I am still waiting for a dating scan at 12 and 4🥲
  • @aaj1821 So cool that you’re a twin!
    I don’t know of any twins in my family. After telling his grandmother the news, MH learned that there are a bunch of twins in his family.
    My midwife said she was wondering because I measured ahead last month, and even more this month. She put the doppler on one side of my belly and immediately found the heartbeat, then moved it to the other side and got an equally strong heartbeat there, too.
    Are you hoping for twins?
  • pangolindromepangolindrome member
    edited March 2022
    @csardaszz I’m not a twin but I wasn’t supposed to be here, so best of success and well wishes from One Determined Existence. Might be TMI and not to brag, but I fought my way through a condom. I was actually hoping we would have twins because then I wouldn’t need to be pregnant again for a sibling, haha.
    I am really sorry you are feeling lonely and very happy you are here. This feels like a great group of ladies to hang with.
  • @pangolindrome I’m picturing a sperm with a little sword fighting its way through a condom! 😂
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I’m happy to be here.
  • A rocket launcher would be more exciting.  

Both my brother and I were diaphragm babies.

FYI, @csardaszz you are totally welcome here, but in case you want to double dip, the July group is also reasonably active, and with twins there's actually a decent chance you'll end up delivering in July.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @csardaszz my husband is hoping but I am content with just one babe! And twins would have to be on your side because it’s all to do with you releasing eggies!
  • My cousin has a condom /birth control / plan B baby.... In both of my last bmb groups there were iud babies. Lots of babies surprising moms lol 
  • @kboydbowman Thank you! ☺️

@aaj1821 I’m 36, so I just assumed I’m extra eggy. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Introduce yourself- I’m Sarah, 28, and I live in VA. 

Due date- September 20th

How did you find out- Two days late so I tested. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a stay at home mom to our almost 4 year old daughter and we have two beagles. My husband and I have been married for 9 years, going on 10 this year. We experienced an
    ectopic and MMC in 2020 so we are feeling extremely blessed with this pregnancy. We’re so excited our girl is finally going to be a big sister! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’ve had several appointments since finding out. We have our 14 week check up tomorrow. The first trimester was pretty rough so I’m thankful we’ve made it to the second trimester finally. Just feeling tired for the most part. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Chipotle 
  • Hi, I’m Kelly, and I’m 35 years old.

Due date?
    September 27

How did you find out?
    Noticed I was late and took a test.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I am a teacher, first kid, and I have a partner.

Great! Done being nauseous for i w.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    Bagel and lox with capers
  • Introduce yourself: Midwest mom of two! My youngest is 10 and we just decided we weren’t ready to be done having kiddos. Starting all over again!

Due date? Sep 5th

How did you find out? Testing right before Christmas 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) two kids two dogs one husband. We like to camp and hunt. I also do alterations part time. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) finally feeling better but this sure is different in our 30s than it was in our 20s! Emotionally… ok but it is definitely more complicated after a loss. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Rib eye steak. 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Kayla - 30 years old. Married just over two years and this will be our first! We are both super excited!

Due date? September 10th

How did you find out? Pregnancy test

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This will be our first child. We are both analysts and work full time. We typically like to do things outdoors like hiking and kayaking. We are also really big into traveling and just overall creating memories and experiences. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Had a variety of symptoms. The most notable that I can say I had and never heard of being a symptom is dandruff. Never really had it before, but it is super annoying now. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Definitely pizza. Probably supreme. Yum!
  • @kgoodwi8 Welcome!!! 
    About the dandruff, I am guessing your body may have become more sensitive to substances. If you use shampoo with sodium laureth sulfate, I will strongly suggest trying one without. It caused all my scalp issues as a teen and I’m still allergic. If you use shampoo without it, then… I am of no help.
  • Trying to see if my name is fixed
  • @conlarnieson Appears that it is :)
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Hello and welcome to the September 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself: Hello I’m Briana, I am 28 will be 29 April 10th

Due date? September 26

How did you find out? I found out after I was three days late we took a test on my boyfriend birthday. 

I have a daughter that’s 6 and will be 7 April 11th . I work in the health field. I like to dance and draw. I knew my partner since high school.

I’ve been feeling exhausted always getting sick losing weight but the baby is fine though. Already had about 7 appointments because I had 2 miscarriages before but everything is going well with the baby currently 14 weeks. I’m very moody and mean sometimes I don’t mean it but I’m stressed because of me always being sick.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. I would choose seafood if I could eat one thing forever.
  • @bobbsx3 Welcome! Another Seattle Gal! 
  • @bobbsx3 welcome! You and I have similar stories in some ways - I had COVID in mid-January and didn't realize I was pregnant until I asked my doctor if the constant nausea might be a symptom of long COVID. He ran some tests and the only abnormal one was HCG.

Sorry to hear about the empty sac, that sounds stressful and a little sad. I'm glad you're feeling better these days!
    First time mom-to-be, due 9/25/22

Some complicated chromosomal stuff going on - our fingers are crossed, but this may not go according to plan!

• So I thought I already did this, but someone told me to introduce myself so I'm guessing my pregnancy brain won again

Introduce yourself: I'm Jenny from MI

Due date? Sept 29

How did you find out? I was late for my period and took a test

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have a two year old girl and 3 dogs and 1 cat. I am a social worker at a community mental health. I supervise the program (that I built) for involuntary Outpatient consumer treatment. I like to watch TV, take walks when it's not too hot or cold outside, be in nature. I have a husband, we've been married 12 years.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I'm fine now.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. That's a hard question. I like a lot of different kinds of food. Maybe Italian food?
  • Hey y’all

My name is Charita.

My due date is September 29th.

Our baby was conceived via IVF so I found out after a Beta HCG blood test at the fertility clinic.

I am married to a wonderful husband. This is my second marriage. We got married in Dec 2020 in the middle of the pandemic. We had to get married in our apartment with only our officiant and two witnesses (Well 3 witnesses is you count my 12 year old Yorkie, Jack Russell terrier, Washington). I work as an educator at a nonprofit. I like to read, write, and sing.

Even though I’m in my second trimester, I’m still dealing with pretty bad morning sickness. Emotionally I’m feeling pretty well, just still anxious that something will go wrong. However all indications say that the baby is healthy. I’m having a boy. We’re very excited. Looking forward to connecting with all of you.

I’m not sure what I would eat for the rest of my life because I don’t have a favorite food, but now that my doctor says I can only have sushi once a month, I want it all the time. Salmon avocado rolls!
  • Hello, I’m Alicia. I’m 34 and this is my second pregnancy. I did a SneekPeak test and says it’s a girl, so hope that’s accurate! 

Due date is September 27 
    *fun fact* my son’s bday is September 24

I’ve been married to my husband for 9 years, we have a beautiful home in Washington and parents to a 7 year old son. Our son is a lot of fun and has a lot of energy, loves playing sports and art and math. I enjoy true crime podcasts, trying new restaurants, peloton, and spending time with friends and family.

How am I feeling? Now that I’m in my second trimester I’m feeling a lot better. Working on finding a comfortable position to sleep.

If I could eat one thing forever it would be tacos. 
  • @aliciasims24 what part of WA are you from? I grew up in southwest WA, a little north of Vancouver. We've also got 2 others in this group who are in Seattle.
  • Introduce yourself: my name is Cassie! Married august 2020! We live in Montana!

Due date? Sept 5th (Labor day!)

How did you find out? Took a test before NYE!

Tell us about yourself I’m a dental hygienist for the VA. Grew up in Montana but recently moved back after living in Boise Idaho for 6 years! We have a lab that’s 4! This is our second pregnancy, lost our little girl last July after being 16 1/2 weeks along. Still haven’t announced outside of our close family/friends. I’ll be 18 weeks tomorrow with a healthy baby!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Probably Kirkland brand thin crust pepperoni pizza 😜
  • Introduce yourself: Hello! I'm Nikki. I'm 32, married and just moved to the Coachella Valley with my husband and dog.

Due date? September 2nd!

How did you find out? We've been trying for many years, so I usually take a pregnancy test frequently. My period happened to be a couple days late and I decided to take one and it was positive! My husband ran to the store and bought 2 more tests. We took 3 in total all positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I love to read YA & Romance Novels (Any ACOTAR fans??). I also am a big gamer and have been a Twitch streamer for about 5 years. We have a white boxer named Sam who is the sweetest boy in world. My husband and I recently relocated to the Coachella Valley from Oregon to be closer to family and also to work full time at law firm, I'm an Executive Assistant and he's the IT Manager.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) My first OB appointment was pretty traumatic tbh. They thought bc of my high hcg levels that I had a molar pregnancy. They were wrong, thankfully and I'm now almost 19 weeks with my first child! The first trimester had me puking all the time but I'm feeling a ton better now.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Burgers! I'm obsessed.
  • @nikkiduh I'm sorry you went through that, but I did too. That with US they wanted me to terminate my second pregnancy. I got a second opinion and my daughter will be 2 soon. 
  • jhysmath said:
    @nikkiduh I'm sorry you went through that, but I did too. That with US they wanted me to terminate my second pregnancy. I got a second opinion and my daughter will be 2 soon. 
    Im so glad you got a second opinion!!

• I’m due September 29.

Found out in January the day before I tested positive with Covid🤦🏾‍♀️

I’m an educator and a STM. My son just turned 9 so I feel like a FTM.

I’m very excited, but SUPER stressed because of tons of major life changes happening at one time.

GTKY Fun fact: I would eat soup for the rest of my life if I could have different varieties.
  • Introduce yourself: I'm Kate from Georgia

Due date? September 22

How did you find out? I felt off so I took a test a few days before my missed period but it was negative. For whatever reason I just put the test back in the box in the cabinet and left it. A few days later I remembered it was there and went to throw it away. I looked at the test and - two lines! I was suspicious/googled and read about evaporation lines so I waited until the next morning to take another test. Another positive! I was shocked.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I have been together almost 6 years and married for 1.5. This is our first baby but don’t tell our vizsla puppy I said that. I’m a teacher and in my spare time I like to read and do calligraphy.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) The first 15 weeks were really hard. Lots of nausea/vomiting - I had to go get several rounds of IV fluids. Pregnancy has been harder than I expected honestly but I’m starting to feel better.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Blueberry waffles from Waffle House!
  • runsonanxietyrunsonanxiety member
    edited April 2022
    @knottie6ceadd6947ee8bee welcome! I’m also a FTM, with a 2year old (baby) Vizsla! I’m due the day before you, and also had a terrible first trimester. Sounds like we have a lot in common!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi All, My name is Misty. Our due date is 9/19/22. We found out with an at home pregnancy test. My husband and I have been married for 12 years and have two amazing boys 7yo and 5yo. I wanted more children but he wasn’t sure…until one morning he told me “well, I guess if we’re going to have another one we might as well start trying!” We were pregnant 2 months later. I am a division manager for a home health company. I am a bit nervous this go around because I am older but the baby is healthy and that’s what matters. I am from New Mexico so what I could eat every day is red chilie and potatoes.