September 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• clenia-d3108clenia-d3108 member
    edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Clenia, I’m 29 from New Orleans, LA.

Due date? 9/9/2022

How did you find out? This is my second baby, my period wasn’t even late yet and I just knew🤣 I was slightly nauseous and my boobs hurt like crazy.

Tell us about yourself: I’m a nurse in an ob/gyn office so thankfully I have loads of experience with pregnancy. I have one daughter from a previous relationship who is 6 years old. I’m recently engaged (this December) and right as I started wedding planning I found I was pregnant.

How are you feeling? I’m very happy!! We have been trying for about a year to get pregnant, but decided to wait until after our wedding (which was planned for October 2022). As soon as we decided to postpone, of course that’s when I ended up pregnant 🥰

GTKY Fun fact: if I could only eat one food it would obviously be, tacos.
  • @theblondebump what kind of business?

@foreveronyourside my house is constantly a mess even with periodically paying a housekeeper to come in.  Tell me more about the fly lady stuff!

@blanket_girl what kind of research?

@rmorgan1202 what grade(s)?

@kelly_belly_101 Two elderly queer therapy type people?  Clearly we are designed to be bffs.  Also, what is a simulation technologist?

@oyindamola2020 what part of New York?  I did my undergrad in Buffalo.

@whitta1015 I briefly lived in Greenville as a child and my mom and I go to MB nearly every year at Labor Day (if this one is sticky, probably not this year though!)

@meowtilda Due date buddies!

@ree2929 Star Wars is ok, but it's no Star Trek!  (*runs and hides*)
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• Loading the player...
  • edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi, my name is Jill, I’m 28, and live in NorCal

Due date? September 8 (conceived through IVF so pretty sure)

How did you find out? Blood test at IVF clinic

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I are pregnant with our first, but we have our one fur baby Odin (a blue heeler). I work for the state and my husband works in finance. I like to hike and take Odin on long walks.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Feeling a little excited but also anxious until we get a little further a long. Still waiting on one final blood test. But otherwise sore boob, nauseous, and a little moody.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    If I could eat one thing forever it would be my husbands homemade pizza! He’s a pizza connoisseur.
  • Introduce yourself: hi my name is Ali and I’m 30 years old and live in Colorado. Just got married in September.

Due date? No official date yet but the apps are saying September 3.

How did you find out? It was supposed to be my time of the month and my husband asked “oh wait isn’t it supposed to be now?” So I went and took a test and it was positive. I took like 3 or more after that just to make sure lol. But my husband said he had a feeling on Christmas that I was. Guess he was right.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    This is my first pregnancy and first child. We do have a chocolate lab, named Boone, who is our original baby. I am a 911 dispatcher - we handle police, fire, and ems. So pretty busy. I like to play board games with friends, paddleboard, and hang out with friends and family. Husband and I just got married in September but have been together for almost 6 years.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    First appointment is January 27. So a little ways off. Symptoms are only cramping, sore breasts, and some fatigue. I am feeling nervous. This is my first everything and I didn’t expect to get pregnant so quickly. I thought we would be trying for a little while. Husband is excited though.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    Oh man probably tacos! Or maybe just Mexican food. All delicious.
  • edited January 2022
    @beezja Where are you from in Central PA? I’m also from Central PA!
  • > Introduce yourself: Christa, almost 36, from Western NY
    >
    > Due date? According to the apps, Sept 1
    >
    > How did you find out? We got married in Oct and stopped trying not to conceive, so I pay attention in the 2 week window. I just felt really odd this time. I tested Dec 23 and got 2 positives. Was able to get bloodwork to confirm the same day.
    >
    > Tell us about yourself: I have an almost 10yo daughter. I raised her as a single mom, zero involvement from the father, until I met my spouse. My spouse and I own and operate 6 insurance offices, 5 in NY 1 in FL.
    >
    > How are you feeling? First appt Jan 25. I am excited to do pregnancy with a partner this time. My first one was sad and scary and very lonely. This is my spouse’s first (bio) child and I think he’s still a little in shock and overwhelmed. I am feeling way worse this time than I EVER did with my daughter. Sick, exhausted, emotional, sore breasts.
    >
    > GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. This is the worst question, food is my love language. My husband and I both love cooking, my sister is a chef….I don’t think I can answer.
  • @kboydbowman - fun! I live more towards the Sumter/Florence area! My dad has a place in north myrtle so we go down there quite a bit throughout the year. 

• Introduce yourself: Hello! I am 35yo living in Quebec with my husband. We got married Dec 2021:) First time parents:)

Due date? September 15,2022

How did you find out? Found out yesterday afternoon, couldn’t wait a few more days for my missed period and used the clear blue home test. Going to tell hubby the news tonight:) 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am a teacher. I love to travel, read, play board games, cook and garden. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Had a headache a few days ago, feel sliiightly nauseated. Emotionally, I am so happy. And so excited to tell my husband:)

GTKY Fun fact: Eat the same thing forever hmm… tacos. 
  • chellelin-34chellelin-34 member
    edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hello! I am 34yo, live in Austin TX and married 12 years this April. 

Due date? August 28, 2022 (likely it’ll be a sept baby as last 2/3 were a few days later and also haven’t had an us yet to confirm)

How did you find out? I was a few days late on 12/20 and getting nervous so I ran and grabbed a pt and was shocked when when it immediately came up positive! We were not planning at all! My husband was on meds that should not have allowed us to get pregnant. In fact it took 6mo of him being off them to conceive our third child.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I have an 8, 5 and 2yo. 2 girls 1 boy. I’m a sahm mom and also homeschool. My husband is a paramedic so his hours are all over the place.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) still processing but accepting the idea of 4 children more and more lol. It’s just always been hard since we don’t live near our families. But this baby is still loved and a blessing! Have my first appt at a birthing center on 2/2. Excited and nervous to make sure everything’s ok as I have experienced a MC before. As far as symptoms, sore boobs, nauseous and tired.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.….. SUSHI! 
  • ** lurking ** 

@chellelin-34 I’m so glad to see you’re found a home on September’s board and you seem to have no issues with the set up and guidelines here. Everybody from August wishes you a happy time here on the bump and a happy and healthy 9 months. 
  • @chellelin-34 I’m confused by the wow. I just wished you a good time on the bump and a happy and healthy 9 months. You should say wow to yourself for creating hostility on our board then coming to September and following the same rules you refused to in our group. Like I said prior. We all wish you the best and are VERY happy you found a home in September. 
  • @wigglyicecream while your original intentions may have been good, your tone comes across as incredibly passive aggressive and dismissive, much like a Southern "bless your heart." You said what you felt you needed to say, now leave it at that.
    Current pregnancy -

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• @kboydbowman thank you for pointing it out. It was only my intent to point out to her the missteps. She was in our group encouraging one off posts and telling people who weren’t following guidelines to “do what they wanted” then comes here and had no issues doing exactly what was asked an expected of her in august. Felt like it was on the same
    lines of doing a dirty delete so I called it out. I’m also confident she doesn’t need you to come to her rescue since she was quite argumentative in our board. I’ll leave now, and a very sincere happy and healthy 9 months to all in September 22. 
  • edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: Im 31, live in Florida

Due date? 09/08/22 First time Mom! (not confirmed yet, waiting on blood results)

How did you find out? We started TTC towards the tail end of my fertility window so didnt think it could work this week. Bought a whole bunch of OPKs (easy@home) and started to get ready for january to start being serious about TTC.  tested negative before jumping on a plane to see my mom (had sore breasts during the TWW), brought some to my moms house and tested again on 12/27 after my belly was super bloated- BFP!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I work in paediatrics

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) occasional nausea (which is mitigated by increase in water intake and eating smaller but more frequent meals)

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. If I could eat one thing forever, it would be pasta! 
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, My name is L.A. I am 33 y/o and this is my first baby. My husband and I just got married in November, so while not a honeymoon baby, pretty close.

Due date? September 6, which will hopefully be confirmed at the doctor next week.

How did you find out? I’d had a back ache for days, and honestly thought that meant my period was about to start. Some routine labs got me thinking I was actually late, so ran out and grabbed a test, which was positive, as were the following three 😝

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I just got married in November. He has a seven year daughter, who’s awesome, and this will be my first. We also have 2 cats and a senior dog. I’m a social worker and work full time for my school district and part time as a therapist. When I have free time, which isn’t often, I like to bake.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I sobbed at a Disney movie last weekend, much to my husband’s amusement and step daughter’s confusion. Other than a persistent lower back ache, though, pretty minimal as far as complaints go.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever…Pasta!
  • shebbycatshebbycat member
    edited January 2022
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Kelley, I’m 34 and I live in Washington, DC.

Due date? 9/7 first ultrasound to confirm won’t be until 19 Feb. Really excited to be going to the midwife practice at the hospital in our neighborhood that has birthing rooms with hot tubs. First delivery was in another state.

How did you find out? Many Pregmate tests.
    (Had a bunch from 2019 when the quality was apparently still good enough to show a line a few days before missed period.) TTC since November. .

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I live with my husband, daughter born 1 September 2019, and two cats named Smedley and Dan. We like to go bike riding around the city and our daughter rides in a burley trailer (except I’m not a fan during the cold months). My husband also recently decided to start learning French, and I have been helping him with that in the evenings.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) feeling nauseated- not terrible but here and there throughout the day. Only at week five so bracing for the worst.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. My favorite soup- not really sure what it is called lol, but it has navy beans and roasted cabbage. I just find soup so warm and comforting and I can eat it no matter how sick I feel. It also really bothers me when people don’t eat the broth (my husband all the time).
  • Introduce yourself: Hi Everyone and congratulations on your pregnancies! I’m Jamie. I’m 33 and currently a nomad with a home base in Seattle.

Due date? I would guess around 9/2 by my calculations. I haven’t seen the doctor yet.

How did you find out? I knew something was different when my hormones felt super intense this menstrual cycle. Faint positive 8 days before the first day of my next period. It was a surprise!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m married and have an 8 year old wheaten terrier. This is my first pregnancy. I run my own business right now and was a teacher for 7 years before that.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Mild cramping, cravings, and not too much nausea yet. Super tired and out of breath easily. I‘ve always been sensitive to hormonal changes and am feeling a little nervous about what’s coming around week 6.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Anything Thai!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! I'm Jordan, I'm 27 and my hubby and I just moved outside of DC

Due date? Sept 10, 2022, Not yet doctor confirmed

How did you find out? Because of my PCOS, we have struggled with infertility for a while. I was on Chlomid this cycle with an ovulation trigger shot. I found out through an at home test, but confirmed through two blood tests.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) We have an adorable pup named Nova! She's a Samoyed, almost 2 years old.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) We've been trying for a while, and infertility is such a hard thing to go through. The treatments left me feeling so down on myself and we experienced a lot of disappointment. I am over the moon excited to finally be pregnant. Feeling some nipple sensitivity, and I have to pee frequently. Otherwise I feel normal.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Chocolate, for sure ❤️
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! My name is Sun from NYC and 33 years old.

Due date?: 9/15/21 (confirmed as I had to go see my dr as soon as I got a first positive test)

How did you find out?: Started tracking using easy@home tests since 7 DPO and got a faint line on 10 DPO. Got a BFP on NYE!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?): I work in finance at a College and we have a 5 year old cat. My husband and I met over a decade ago through mutual friends and finally got together (after a push from our friends) 6 years ago. My husband and I got married back in September (although on paper we have been married since 2020 due to our original date being postponed).

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?): lots of burping and bloating so far and very sore boobs. I had a laparoscopic myomectomy back in April to take out fairly large fibroids that was affecting my fertility so am facing this with a lot of optimism and cautiousness. When they first discovered the fibroids, the first doctor I went told me in a somewhat disconnected way that due to the size, I may need to get a hysterectomy. I was beside myself at this news but after some research and finding a good surgeon from recommendations, we successfully had the surgery. Due to the size and incision on the uterus, I will most likely have a c-section at 37 weeks. I’ve been feeling anxious and due to my neurotic side, can’t stop reading about all the possible things that can go wrong.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.: Korean food! And pizza.
  • Hello, I am Kelly. I just moved from New York to North Carolina. I'm 44.

EDD September 7th, 2022.

I had been trying since I met my husband - 3 rounds of IVF, 1 failed donor egg attempt with my sister, and now an embryo transfer from an anonymous donor. 1 miscarriage in November 2020 - I got pregnant between cycles the usual way, but no heartbeat at 6 weeks. Hopefully this girl (we did genetic testing so I know) will run the gamut for us.

I have two dogs and three cats. Normally I am a hiker and love camping, though right now I'm supposed to do as little as possible. :) 

My blood work has been good so far, and waiting on an update later today. I had some spotting yesterday for a few minutes and I know that's not unusual but now I am scrutinizing myself for any signs of anything. I have been very fatigued. Some slight twinges of nausea but nothing significant yet. First ultrasound is next week Friday the 14th. 

If I could only eat one thing forever, it would probably be chicken noodle soup. :)
  • magnolia209magnolia209 member
    edited January 2022
    Hi Everyone! Congrats September 2022 Moms! 

I’m Erin. I live in Los Angeles. I will say LA and this will confuse the person here named L.A. and the person here from the state of LA! Sorry in advance! I’m 38. 

I’m due September 14. 

I have been having irregular cycles for the past 6 months but for no apparent reason. But, I’ve been feeling sore boobs every month before getting my period. So I wasn’t really sure. But, my period was late, my boobs were extra sore. I took a test and took another. BFPs right away! 

I have a 3 year old boy (I was in the Sept. 18 BMB). Get this: his birthday is September 15! His due date was September 14! I can’t believe I have the same due date! Hopefully they will be closer to a week apart. That seems workable. I really hope they don’t end up with the exact same birthday! But whatever. I’m just happy. 

I work in Continuing Education. Things are crazy right now with the pandemic and going back and forth with remote vs. in-person instruction. But, very happily, I’ve been working from home the whole time and will continue to do so at least until July. My husband and I have been married for 4.5 years. He has his own business (Music Industry related) that he runs from our home. It’s great to both work from home. My son goes to preschool. We love the preschool, but obviously Covid is an issue right now. He just went back today after a long exhausting quarantine. So, yeah, peeing on a stick first thing in the morning when you have a 3 year old clinging to you. Didn’t happen. It was really hard to find time just to take the test between working and entertaining him. But we got through and will continue to get through. 

I’m feeling very calm honestly. There is a lot to freak out about (OMG how are we going to afford childcare for both is top of my list!). But, ever since I had my first and got completely blindsided by the whole experience, I knew there was a lot I’d like to do differently if I had the chance to do this again. I want to be more in the moment and take much better care of myself this time around. With my son, I’ve learned to stop rushing time forward. I want to enjoy the pregnancy and really prepare for how hard this will be. I know now! Having a newborn is so hard! But having a child is amazing. I’m also so excited to see my son become a big brother. This is really cool. And, for those who already have more than one, I could use some advise about how to get my toddler to stop kneeing and elbowing me in the belly and boobs (accidentally of course! He’s just being a little monkey!). 

Food - Thai food is my favorite.

• @magnolia209

We're due date buddies and we're close geographically - I'm about 3 hours from you in Tulare!
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman Hi! Yay due date buddies! I can’t believe I have the same due date as last time. I’m so glad it’s a Wednesday. Having a due date on a Friday or the weekend is annoying! 

And yay CA! Did you call down here the fun part of Cali? I guess it is, but LA can be both great and obnoxious! 
  • @magnolia209 Anywhere that's not Republican hell is the fun part of Cali.  Lots of anti-vax, anti-mask Trumpers around here, unfortunately. :(
    Current pregnancy -

• @kboydbowman Ugh. That’s awful. Yes, for Covid safety, I’m thrilled to be in such a strict place. But we are still having crazy issues with it just because there are so many people here! Stay safe up there! ❤️

• @magnolia209 thats how I introduce myself 😂 I’m LA, like the city Los Angeles. Too funny.
  • @magnolia209 my first two had due dates a day apart. 5/29/18 and 5/28/20

Their birthdays are exactly a week apart 5/22/18 and 5/29/20. 
  • @jhysmath That’s what I’m hoping for! 🤣
  • @laj0217 Amazing! Is that short for something? Did you ever see the show OA? That was her name, OA. So interesting! 
  • @laj0217 Amazing! Is that short for something? Did you ever see the show OA? That was her name, OA. So interesting! 
    It’s one of those southern double names, short for Laurel Anne. All the oldest daughters in my family get a double name with Anne as the middle. Never saw that show, I’ll have to Google it!
  • venustigervenustiger member
    edited January 2022
    Hello, I'm Cici.  I'm turning 30 this year, I've been engaged for about a year now and this is my first time being pregnant. 

I found out I was pregnant New year's eve morning. Over Christmas holidays I had missed my period and didn't want to drink champagne 🍾 if there was a chance I was pregnant. The test was positive and I informed my spouse that evening after work. The next business day I set up an appointment with the doctor for blood work and what not. 🥰
  • @Fluffy1187 I am so cold too! Thanks for saying this, makes me so much better!! 
  • @carrotstick2121 what part of NC?  I grew up in Greensboro, went to high school in Durham, and lived just north of Fayettenam for nearly 10 years before I moved out of state.
    Current pregnancy -

• edited January 2022
    Hello! I’m Danielle! I am 30 and married for 6 years. We have a 4 year old bouncy curled, red headed, sassy girl-Addi. We are happy to be expecting our 2nd soon!

Due date? If I calculated correctly September 6th, but that is not confirmed by the doctor yet.

How did you find out? Hubs realized I was late (not abnormal it has happened a few times with stress from work and life—I’m a teacher.) however he said he just felt different about it and I took 3 test with all immediate positives. No 5 minute waits needed ha!

How are you feeling? My first appointment is later this month, so nervous and excited to finally get everything checked out. I haven’t been sleeping well at all, so that is been super fun. Trying to still stay active and move, but feeling extra sore from the tossing and turning all night. Anyone else? Whew!

GTKY Fun fact: if I could eat one thing for the rest of my life….hmmm probably tacos!
  • Introduce yourself:

Due date? I *think* around September 13th!

How did you find out? Took a test one morning after having to take my husband to work.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’m a high school math teacher, my husband is a nurse manager in an ICU, and we have a 6yo son and 19mo daughter! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I’m feeling anxious & cautiously optimistic! First appointment is January 25th— I should be around 7 weeks then. Only symptoms are rhinitis & just today some swelling in my varicose vein— it always gets swollen &
    painful during pregnancy & then with my daughter the swelling stopped before we even got home from the hospital. Our bodies are crazy!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Probably would choose pizza!! I love a simple pepperoni 😋
  • @elle-0409 Congrats! Fx for a sticky baby! I love what you said about enjoying the F out of the pregnancy. I also have 1 kid (3 years, 3 months) and this will likely be my last pregnancy. 
  • edited January 2022
    Hi, @elle-0409! 👋🏻 So many fingers and toes crossed for sticky beans across the board! 
    DD 10/2019
  • @magnolia209 Yes! Let's love these pregnancies so hard. <3
    @trapperkeeper87 Hi!! I love that we're here together. <3
    TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing