September 2022 Moms

Introductions

Hello and welcome to the September 2022 BMB!

Introduce yourself:

Due date?

How did you find out?

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
DD 10/2019

Re: Introductions

• Loading the player...
  • Introduce yourself: Randi

Due date? Sept 6, 2022- my oldest sons bday

How did you find out? Took an at home test one day before my period was due

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) 2 boys- 5&2, husband, I like working out and hoping that stays throughout pregnancy. Full time job.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) feeling good! Haven’t made my first appt yet

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Pizza for sure 😂
  • satkinson1551satkinson1551 member
    edited December 2021
    Introduce yourself:

Hi, I am Sarah! I am 31 years old and this is my first pregnancy. My husband and I have been TTC for a few years now 🤗 (woot woot!)

Due date?

September 5 (but not doc confirmed, yet)

How did you find out?

At home test (several), and just had confirmatory blood draw yesterday.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)

This will be our first child; my husband, Ryan, and I have been married since 2016 but we have been together since 2005 and we have a dog named Lily. I am an attorney who loves to run, bake, and craft.

I am nervous, excited, and overwhelmed!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.

If I could only eat one thing forever, it would be "breakfast foods"--eggs, bacon, potatoes, & toast 🤤
  • Introduce yourself:

My name is Ally, I love baking, spending time outdoors, and trying new things

Due date?

September 7th (unofficially)

How did you find out?

Yesterday morning, pregnancy test at home, 1 day before my expected period. I had a weird feeling, and decided to take a test. Cried 3 times lol

I’ll be a first time mom! I work in real estate, my husband is an architect. We met on a blind date almost 6 years ago, married 3.5 and TTC for 5 months.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)

I’m SO EXCITED! A little nervous of course but mostly so happy, grateful and ready for this next chapter!

Anything on the dessert menu
  • Can those that have a username that begins with “knottie” please update it? You will have to log out and then log back in again!
  • Hi all! My name is Cyrielle and I’m so excited to be here!

Due date: Sept 7…ish. Doctors appointment January 27 to confirm

How did you find out? I started feeling tired and in general icky a few days before Christmas. I took a test Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and they were positive!

Tell us about yourself: my husband and I are both 30 years old and live in the suburbs of Chicago. This will be our first baby. We’re very excited but as equally nervous and anxious! We love to travel, read, and eat yummy food :)

How are you feeling: tired! Occasionally I’ll feel slightly nauseous but besides that I feel ok.

Fun fact: one food for the rest of my life, anything with carbs!
  • Introduce yourself: 

Due date?
    ~9/3 but not confirmed yet.

How did you find out? 
    Took test Christmas Eve followed up with 2 more over the last week! 

Tell us about yourself
    Been with Hubby 8 years. We love traveling, gardening & cooking! 

How are you feeling? 
    So far so good! Had our first positive in Sep but ended up being chemical pregnancy. Overall, a little uneasy feeling and loss of appetite. Just made it longer than last time so starting to feel a little more excited & less anxious.

I’d have to say a good steak! 
  • Introduce yourself: Stacey 37 y/o Active Duty Gunner's Mate in the US Navy. I robbed the cradle and married a 30 y/o. Our first child! Woo-Hoo

Due date: 05 SEPT 22 

How did you find out: Urine test x 100 

Tell us about yourself: Active Duty Gunner's Mate in the US Navy. I robbed the cradle and married a 30 y/o whom I met in Japan. Our first child! Woo-Hoo. He's in school (BS in Environmental Science), and I was previously a dental hygienist before I decided to work on weapons for the military. Hobbies are: firearms, hunting, cooking, fishing, and camping. 

How are you feeling? Still can't believe it's real, I feel like I'm having endless menstrual cramps, bloating. That's about it right now!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever: Buffalo chicken as long as bleu cheese comes with it!  
  • Introduce yourself: I am Brittany, 25 years old from Idaho!

Due date? September 7th, not confirmed by a doctor yet :)

How did you find out? Lots of pregnancy tests!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I’ve been married for 2.5 years, run an office at a university. I love reading and playing the piano

How are you feeling? first appointment is coming up in January. Only symptoms so far are slight fatigue (could be since I have had a cold though), and some cramps that are definitely implantation cramps. I am nervous about an early miscarriage, trying not to totally freak myself out and overthink everything jaja

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Steak and fries 😋😋
  • Introduce yourself :  hi I'm Jackie. 

Due date? September 9th?

How did you find out? After avoiding the thought I was pregnant since I missed my period on Tuesday, I took an opk today on a whim to decide if I should go but a pregnancy test as I was all out. The opk had 1 dark line but I couldn't remember if that was the test line or control line so I had to took that up. It was the test line and it was clearly dark and I've already ovulated so I figured I'd sneak to the store to buy a test. Walked around the store making sure I didn't know anyone (small town life) didn't do I picked up the test and went to check out, as I get to the check out, or school nurse walks up to me and stays talking to me, so I faked looking for Christmas candy and did another loop. Came home debated waiting until morning so if it was blank I didn't have to think about whether or not to buy another one (damn store tests are expensive) decided I couldn't wait and peed on it. The darkest test I've seen I tested at 8dpo with both my daughter's and got faint lines so testing at 14 dpo was different. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) my husband and I have been married for 4.5 years we have 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old daughters. We've been together for 15 years. I'll be 35 this month and he'll be 47 next month. We've been trying since April with no luck, I finally gave up tracking ovulation because I didn't think it was working (perfect time each month since April and nothing). My daughter's I conceived in 2 months of trying so I was getting frustrated. 

Both my husband and I are math teachers. I teach high school and he teaches middle school. We're in a small rural town. Though it's larger than the one we lived in for a decade before covid. 

I enjoy gardening, and researching things in interested in to death. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) have not told my husband or anyone never mind and appointment 😂. I'm really excited though I know I need to tone it down a bunch we had some early trimester complications I'll write about in a TW here 
    My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks due to a blighted ovum. My second pregnancy I went in around 6 weeks with spotting and there was no heart beat. They did a blood draw and my beta weren't doubling so I was told to prepare for another miscarriage. I went back the following week after and they found a heart beat when I asked for another US though they also saw something (assumed fibroid) that had to be watched. I had gestational diabetes and a breech baby egg this pregnancy.

My third pregnancy I went in at 8 weeks for my US and we see the heart beat and I'm so excited, then the OB says very nonchalantly "looks like a molar pregnancy I want you to go get blood draws done now and a gain tomorrow" my first blood draw comes back really high. He days this is inductive of a molar pregnancy but we'll check numbers. Next blood draw comes back 20k lower. He calls to tell me that I need to come in. He tells me with drop in numbers I will miscarry soon but because it's molar I should schedule a dnc for the next day. I asked if he was sure (as my Dr Google research did not see molar when I looked at my US) he said he's 99% sure but would send my scans to a larger hospital. I scheduled the dnc and drive the 1.5 hours home alone bawling. About 30 minutes from home he calls me back and says the big hospital would like to see me before I have the dnc. I call them and figure really why bother. My husband can't go to the appointment I booked so I had to change it and push it off for 2 weeks against their judgement. We see a mfm and get a 4d US, they decide definitely not a molar pregnancy, but could be an acardiac twin (even more rare and could kill the twin that's alive) in my research I found there is a genetic test that can be done for molar (according to first ob they can only test the dnc material to decide if it was molar) mfn agreed to test that also came back negative. Mfm scheduled a few more high risk USs and whatever they were seeing was gone by the 3rd one. I went on to deliver a pandemic baby that was just about 10 lbs (I passed my glucose test this time but huge baby). 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. I think I would choose pizza because there are so many variations and they're all yummy. 
  • Hi I’m Cameron! I’m 28 and recently married (10/22/21). My husband and I were going to wait a year before trying, but our plans changed after I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I began to fear putting off having children in case I experienced the worst, so I wanted to try ASAP. We got pregnant on our first try and I couldn’t be more excited!

Due date: September 7th (not yet confirmed by doc)

How did you find out? We were trying, so I took a pregnancy test right after Christmas. I took a second to be absolutely sure. My husband was with me when we checked the tests

I have a dog and cat. I work at Disney Television Animation in production and my partner works in IT for the school district. I love to garden, play guitar, and plan parties!

Honestly, I’m SOOO excited but I have so much anxiety. I didn’t realize you don’t have this first appt till 8 weeks (my appt is 1/31). I have this irrational fear that someone is going to tell me this isn’t real and I somehow imagined it. I can’t wait to see my baby on ultrasound and have true confirmation.

If I could only eat one thing forever, it would definitely be milk chocolate. Cookie form or maybe chocolate soufflé? Idk I’m a total chocoholic!

• Introduce yourself: Hi! I am Jamie and I am 40 years old.

Due date? Based on my last period, September 13th.

How did you find out? Took a test today (4days before missed period) and it was positive.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I am a single mom (with a non live in partner) to 4 other children. I have 2 girls and 2 boys whose ages range from 5-17.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I am scared to be honest. I was pregnant early in 2020 and had a MC. My due date for that baby was 11/14/2020. My body did not miscarry properly so I had to have surgery. It was the first (and hopefully the last) MC I have ever had and it was devastating. Since I just found out today, I will call the doctor on Monday. Happy New Year to me.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Probably the chicken and broccoli with white rice Chinese meal.
  • Introduce yourself:
    Happy New Year everyone!  Hi, I’m Stephanie 👋

Due date?
    September 2nd (predicted by the app, not confirmed by doctor yet). 

How did you find out?
    Several pregnancy tests 

I’m 33, my husband is 38 and we’re newlyweds! 👰🏼‍♀️🤵🏻‍♂️We were married 3 months ago on Sept 10, 2021. We recently moved from California (born in the Bay Area and lived in San Diego) to Washington state. We love the scenic PNW, sailing and mountains. I work in investments and my husband is a software engineer. We have a Maine Coon kitty named Oakley and she’s 3 years old. 😻😻

I feel good, more tired than usual and slight implementation cramps. Also peeing a lot more and sore breasts. 

Italian style pizza 🍕 and homemade chocolate chip cookies 🍪 
  • @knottie....(Stephanie) I'm originally from Washington state also! Love the PNW! What part do you live in? I grew up about 20 mins Northeast of Vancouver
  • Introduce yourself: Hi! Im Amanda, I am 27yrs old, my husband and I are expecting our 3rd baby.

Due date? Sept 1st. Has not been confirmed by doc

How did you find out? Took at home pregnancy test, called hubby to come home so I could tell him. Confirmed with a blood test that same day.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) Together we have 2 other children both boys. Our oldest is 7 and youngest is 2 they have not been told the news yet. I work for a local winery both behind the bar and also as a sales rep for a portion of our state. We are also grape growers. We also have a Siberian Husky.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Overall feeling pretty okay. Nausea comes and goes, smells are hit or miss. First apt is in a couple weeks. The excitement is real and keeping it a secret for the next couple weeks is super hard!

GTKY Fun fact: I truely couldnt pick just one thing to eat. Currently I wouldnt mind having our fav mexican restaurant each day.
  • Introduce yourself:
    Im Sarah and I’m 32 years old. I have a 4.5 year old little boy and expecting #2. I work in the safety field and my husband is a firefighter. We’ve been together for 14 years (since we were 18!) and married for 6. 

Due date?
    September 2, 2022. My first was born the day before his due date but was BIG so hoping this one comes a little earlier and is a little smaller lol

How did you find out?
    We we’re trying for 4 months and just recovered from COVID, so I wasn’t expecting to get pregnant this month. Took a test the day before my period was due and literally put the test on the counter and started getting ready for work…was very surprised when I looked over and saw the blazing line! 

We have a 4.5 year old son who we adore. He’s a ball of energy and also the biggest sweetheart when we wants to be. He has asked about a little sibling for a while now so I can’t wait to tell him. We also have an 8 year old boxer dog who is the absolute best. We enjoy traveling, hiking, sports (especially helping with our little guy’s sports teams!), watching movies and doing projects around the house. I also enjoy a good glass of wine which I’ll miss the next 35 weeks lol

A bit nervous. Haven’t scheduled the appointment yet (on the to do list for today) but we’ve decided to switch OB practice and hospitals. Our local hospital where my son was born has been hit bad by COVID and closed its pediatric ER and hasn’t been up to it’s usual quality of care. We’re going to a bigger/better hospital a little further away and my anxiety is hitting hard.

Im going to cheat and say tacos - all the varieties. I could eat tacos everyday. 
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi! I’m Reeshan, 36, from BC, Canada

Due date?
    September 8th, but hasn’t been confirmed by a doctor

How did you find out?
    Found out Jan. 1st, I’d been having a lot of cramping since the 27th, was not even thinking I could be pregnant. So I went to urgent care to try to figure out why I was having such bad period like cramps without any blood and turns out I’m pregnant.

My fiancé and I are getting married on May 4th of this year, it is Star Wars themed. We’re both big geeks. We currently have an 8 y/o cockapoo named Rogue and a 3 or 4 y/o black cat named Neo. I work as a nanny taking care of 4 awesome kids ages 7, 5 2, and 2.

I’m still cramping which has me a bit worried. I’ve had 3 miscarriages in the past and I have uterus duplex bicollis (two separate uteruses and cervixes) which makes things a lot more complicated. So I’m mostly worried and anxious. But I’m also really hopeful that this pregnancy will go well.

ooohhh, probably this mushroom beef stroganoff meal that my mom made when I was a kid and is now one of my favourite meals to make….or tiramisu, so yum!
  • Introduce yourself

Due date? Sept 2

How did you find out? A test haha we were trying to conceive so not a surprise 

Tell us about yourself: I have one toddler and two pugs! I am a married stay at home mama. I am also an artist and used to be an art teacher!

How are you feeling? First appt at the end of January. Super excited! Am having evening morning sickness with this pregnancy haha super fun. Emotionally, I cried at the harry potter reunion (I also am the biggest Harry Potter nerd. Read the books and watch the movies multiple times a year)

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Hmm... sushi haha granted that's a nono while pregnant 😅 soooooo pizza 
  • > @meagan-t said:
    > Hello and welcome to the September 2022 BMB!
    >
    > Introduce yourself
    >
    > Due date? September 5th
    >
    > How did you find out? A test. We were trying to conceive.
    >
    > Tell us about yourself - I am 37. This will be number 4. I have a 9 year old boy, 5 year old girl, and 2 year old boy. I am a Corporate Banker. I love spending time with my family and husband of 15 years. We love going on vacations!
    >
    > How are you feeling? Tired, haha. We just found out myself and my little girl have Covid so I’m sure that does not help. Overall not bad.
    >
    > GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. A big cheeseburger fully dressed and French fries!

• Introduce yourself: My name is Alexandria (I go by Alex mostly). I recently found out that I’m expecting my first child and can’t even describe the amount of joy I have in my heart right now!

Due date? 9/9/22

How did you find out? I was very sick on Christmas Eve while hosting a dinner for my family. Took a test the next day and got the most amazing Christmas present I have ever received. Went to the doctor and received my confirmation a few days later.

Tell us about yourself: I currently manage a domestic violence shelter that takes a lot of my time - so getting a breather while I carry my little one will be nice! While my partner has a daughter from a previous relationship, this will be my first child! We also have two cats and have recently moved into our first home. We can’t wait to start building our family. 😊

How are you feeling? I’m dealing with quite a bit of nausea/vomiting and headaches but I could not be happier. I’ve worked so hard to get to this point!

GTKY Fun fact: I could honestly eat soup everyday for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. I know, I’m weird. 😅
  • edited January 2022
    Oh yeah! Any advice on managing allergies would be greatly appreciated if anyone has ideas. They seem to have gotten so much worse since I got pregnant…
  • meowtildameowtilda member
    edited January 2022
    Oh yeah! Any advice on managing allergies would be greatly appreciated if anyone has ideas. They seem to have gotten so much worse since I got pregnant…
    I don't know if traditional Chinese medicine is available near you, but I've been seeing a TCM doctor since my miscarriage in July, and within about a week my allergies, which have always been extreme and only marginally ever improved with western allergy medicines, were *gone*.
  • Hello everyone! My name is Alexis, and I am a mixed media artist. This is my first pregnancy, and I am so excited to embark on this journey into motherhood.

I am due Sept 6th and love the idea of a fall baby. As I’d been trying to get pregnant, checking fluids temp etc, I had suspicions I was pregnant very early on when I recognized I was peeing more, and had an increased appetite. I took a test on December 21, negative, 23, negative, 25, positive!! The best Christmas gift! I took the test that morning, wrapped it and shared it with my husband that evening. Have taken many more positive tests since.

My husband and I have been together since 2010 and married since 2014. This is our first time trying and being in my 30s I feel very thankful! We also have two cats, Fox, and Bear, a cocker spaniel, Heidi, and a German shepherd, Otto.

No morning sickness yet, fatigue and sore nipples are my primary symptoms.

I have an appointment for 10 week with the additional tests, but am trying to get an earlier appointment just to verify that this pregnancy is off to a good start. I’m feeling happy! Worried about the baby’s health and all the unknowns but generally just happy.

- if I could only eat one thing, it would be rice bowls!!
  • Hi there, my name is Hilary. This is my first pregnancy! I am 38 and my partner is 45. We decided one day last month that it’s time and got pregnant on our first try!

My due date is Sept 8. I am also really excited for a fall baby!

We found out on New Years Day, which seems like a good way to start off a year.

I have a first apt on Thursday with my GP at 5 weeks. Which I was thinking might be a little early but hoping she can refer me to an OBGYN. So far feel really good. Only symptoms are strong sense of smell and overly emotional.

If I could only eat one thing it would be pasta.
  • Introduce yourself:
    Bree, first time mom

Due date?
    Calculations say sept 8th

How did you find out?
    After a PCOS diagnosis 6months after TTC, OB put me on 3 rounds of letrozole/progesterone since I was very irregular… first two months were negative so on the last month my husband + I were convinced we had to move on to fertility clinics. BUT, seems the less pressure paid off and here we are approaching week 5

Tell us about yourself!
    First time parents, so kinda freaking out all around.. wondering how real it is even after many positive tests.. doing a 6week sono to confirm/make sure we are in the clear but can’t help but be thrilled + terrified at the same time.

How are you feeling?
    I’m bloated AF and so hungry, peeing 24/7— but I also just got over COVID actually right after conception so a little nervous about that.. I have no taste or smell so I can’t determine if food aversions or spidy senses apply quite yet! Hopefully that comes back soon. If anyone had COVID during early pregnancy please chime in here!

Wow. Prob Thai food or broccoli pizza
  • Introduce yourself: I'm Andrea, I'm 34 years old and an engineer from New England.

Due date? Sep 12 ( not confirmed yet)

How did you find out? We've been ttc for almost two years now after an ectopic pregnancy in June we started letrozole in November - so was testing with high hopes!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) My husband and I have been married for almost 7 years, we have an almost 3 year old little girl and two cats. I like to cook, knit, and read (in all my spare time haha)

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Pretty overwhelmed, trying to be optimistic but feeling a lot of doubt. Also - super bloated/nauseous, and cold - which i remember from my pregnancy with my daughter - being cold all the time.

Tacos. Obviously.