July 2022 Moms

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• @moreamoozzarella thanks for the laugh! I so needed it. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • @glomommy wow! You just found out in April? That must have been surprising!

• Loading the player...
  • @julzy I’m so sorry that you are getting negative reactions! That is very upsetting. I’m glad you joined us here. We are all happy for you ❀️
  • @julzy you really can’t win with how many and what kinds you have. I’m sorry your family isn’t just as excited for this baby as they were for the first.Β 

one and done and you get told they’ll be lonely.Β 
    If you don’t have one of each gender it’s always β€œaren’t you trying for the other one??” 
    and anything past two is β€œdo you know how that works?” β€œHow can you afford all those kids” β€œyou have your hands full!!” 

If they’re too close people think you’re insane. If they’re too far apart people think you’re insane!!Β 

And everyone seems hung up on whether the baby was planned or not.Β 

We got a lack luster response to this baby too (#3).Β 
    My MIL asked me how I’m going to afford all the birthdays so close together (all July due date babies). And then she FLIPPED OUT to my husband about how three kids is too much and we’re going to be overwhelmed and how can we even afford this and what are we even doing.Β 
    My FIL decided he had to ask if this baby was planned before he could say congratulations. Yes, my first was an accidental honeymoon baby. Ish. We weren’t not trying all that hard. But NO that is not some excuse to act like an entitled arse for the rest of the grandchildren mr. β€œmy only biological child was an accident.”

anyways….Β 
    If you want this baby and love this baby then WHO CARES! I know every mama here is happy for you and you should be happy too.Β 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • glomommyglomommy member
    edited December 2021
    @stardustskies It was only found via ultrasound in my pap smear you're only able to see one cervix the other one is hiding? I'm still learning about my body. I'm excited to see how this will be pregnant , but I'm hoping they everything goes smooth. They mentioned high risk pregnancy during the fertility treatments but I am a strong believer it can also be A normal pregnancy not a lot of data on my body so will see.Β 
  • katy5787katy5787 member
    edited December 2021
    Introduce yourself: Katy

Due date? Likely 7/25/22 based on last period (going to OB for dating ultrasound in 1.5 weeks)

How did you find out? Urine test

Tell us about yourself. Β I'm 34 and my husband is 37. Β We have been together for 11 years. Β I'm a pediatric dentist. Β We have 1 son who is 12 months old and we live in Northern CA.

How are you feeling? Feeling excited for baby #2! Β Looking forward to my first OB visit!
  • Introduce yourself: Hi, I’m Jessica. I’m 33 and this is my second kiddo, daughter was born in May of 2016. My partner is 37.Β 

Due date? July 22 (for now! First appt is the 16th)

How did you find out? We were ttc since May, and since my partner is 37 we were getting to the point where we were going to get everything checked out. I have been having very irregular periods which also made things tough. On Nov 6 I got what I initially interpreted as my period a week early, and we were kinda sad. But then it stopped. I started testing about five days later and got negatives and just resigned myself to it being a weird period. Two weeks later the Flo app, that I had plugged the spotty period into, suggested I test, and since we were planning to visit a brewery that weekend I did out of caution, and got a bright pink line!

Tell us about yourself: We have a daughter, two cats and eight chickens and a red tail hawk. We live on the coast in Georgia. I’m a childbirth and sex educator and my partner is a naturalist. We enjoy hiking and gardening and birding.Β 

How are you feeling? The morning sickness and aversions hit me HARD this week. I feel like I’m playing frogger trying to avoid the smells or tastes that will trigger me. Other symptoms have been very sore boobs and mild fatigue and mood swings πŸ˜‚

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever: grilled cheese and tomato soup
  • @jmelear I also love gardening, hiking and birding! My hubby and I got really into birding last year, he's become skilled at bird photography. He has spent so much money on zoom lenses, more than I care to even know πŸ˜† How cool that you have a red tailed hawk! Was it injured in the wild?Β 
  • elsalee26elsalee26 member
    edited December 2021
    Introduce yourself: Hi I’m Elsa

Due date 7/4

How did you find out? Was feeling cranky and wanted a glass of wine, decided to take a test first and it was positive

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    my husband and I live in central Illinois with an elderly cat and dog. We got married in the spring and have been TTC since September. We both love to travel and he’s Brazilian, so looking forward to a return to international travel with a little one in tow someday

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) so so tired all the time, also frustrated that my clinic won’t see me til 12 weeks. I’ve been so nervous about mc in the first tri and would really appreciate some reassurance in the form of a pregnancy confirmation - even just bloodwork!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Pad Thai all day
  • @elsalee26 hi and congratulations!! I’m in central Illinois too!Β 
  • Hi neighbor!! :)
  • jmelearjmelear member
    edited December 2021
    @zinnia19 He’s not a rehab bird, my partner is a falconer and trains them to hunt. So cool that you guys are also hikers and birders! It tends to extend the hikes sometimes though πŸ˜‚
  • @jmelear whoa that's amazing! Yes definitely, we usually have to choose whether it will be a hike or a birding walk. Very different pace for each 😁
  • @elsalee26 & @sunshineandlemons I grew up in Central Illinois so I am very familiar with the acres of cornfields as far as the eye can see! Which is pretty much how I describe the state to everyone here in Vermont (who have no idea where IL is, and call it Iowa or Indiana). πŸ˜†
  • That’s awesome @zinnia19! Β I love the sweet smell of the air from the corn in the summer. I lived in STL for a few years and when I’d come back home, that was one of my favorite things.Β 
  • That’s awesome, @zinnia19! I’m from NH originally so that’s pretty much how I describe it to my family and friends back home too πŸ˜‚
  • @mountainmama546 we’ve been calling ours β€œnugget” too! ☺️

Welcome!
  • @malloryballory Congratulations!!Β 
    34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.

• @appleblossom88 So jealous of your 40 acres! We just moved to 3 acres in Wisconsin's Northwoods and we're using up every bit of it. πŸ˜…Β 

@julzy Don't worry about it, people will always judge you for your number of kids no matter the situation. I have two girls, my oldest daughter is turning 10 the week of my due date, and my youngest is almost 8 months old. I'm sure there will be a lot of surprise when people find out. I think strangers probably think my oldest is from a previous marriage or something, they always ask if our youngest is her sister. I've been with my husband for 13 years, we're just weirdos starting our lives over in our 30's after being destined to be early empty nesters.Β 
  • letsgoxletsgox member
    edited December 2021
    @julzy I have 4 and some people just don’t know what to say… and should probably just keep it to themselves. No matter the number, there are always comments.
    Β #1 when are you going to have another?
    Β #2 good! You have one of each, now you can be done!
    #3 you can’t stop at an uneven number!
    Β #4 don’t you know how this happens? Don’t you own a TV?Β 

I’m currently pregnant with twins, and I’m dreading telling people even though we are excited. It sucks.Β 

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15 Β NOV siggy challenge:Β 

• ntroduce yourself: Hi, I’m Courtney

Due date? July 17

How did you find out? I…took a pregnancy test.

Tell us about yourself I’m 40 and this is my first pregnancy. We made the appointment to get started on IVF then found out-surprise!-I was already pregnant naturally.
    H and I live outside of Portland, Oregon and I’m an airline pilot

How are you feeling? Very surreal. Nausea throughout the day managed by small meals, lots of water and exercise. Portland is very grey and rainy for several months so getting enough sunshine has been the biggest struggle. As I’m high risk, my OBGYN had me taken off work (I normally fly around the world for extended periods of time to places where access to adequate medical care isn’t always guaranteed). Not working and being in social isolation is taking a bit of a toll but I’m catching up on a lot of Netflix and reading haha

GTKY Fun fact: Unable. It’s a cross between a very thin pizza margarita and fish tacos from taco maria in Costa Mesa, California…but also crackers and cheese and juicy PEARS. Cooked vegetables make me
    Want to vomit so I subscribe to Daily Harvest meal delivery to disguise my vegetables I. Something more palatable
  • @knottie7bec309debc47b35 sounds like you and I have similar stories. I am 38, and I had a consultation with an IVF person November 2nd to start IVF in January, but then I found out I was pregnant November 10th naturally. Funny how that happens sometimes. πŸ˜† Also, you might want to change your username to something a little easier, and maybe more meaningful, for people to find & tag you.
  • That’s wonderful! So happy for you guys!! Yeah, in my profile, I have the username I created but in the posts, it keeps showing up as this default one. I’ll contact the admin…
  • @pdxav8rx The new username is there now. ☺️
  • Introduce yourself: Hi from Michigan!Β 

Due date? July 25

How did you find out? Pregnancy test

Tell us about yourself This is our rainbow baby after quite the storm

How are you feeling? Feeling better as we near the end of the first trimesterΒ 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Cheese!Β 
  • Introduce yourself:
    Hi! I’m kelci :)

Due date?
    7/2/22

How did you find out?
    Lost track with of my cycle between all the fall activities and realized I was a liiiiiittle more than 3 days late (more like 2 weeks lol)

Tell us about yourself:
    married with 2 kids (b5,b2) and one pupperoni. Work as a reviewer for SNAP to ensure the program is working accurately.😴 sorry for the snoozefest! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment?Β Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    feeling great now that I’ve hit 13 weeks! That first tri is always so tiring! Feeling emotionally better since I was able to tell everyone at Christmas ❀️

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    chocolate mint. Hands down. It’s a necessity.

• We’re due date buddies! Congrats on the new lo!
  • *lurking*

@LJMoon6 you sneaky son of a gun! That's where you've been hiding! So happy for you! Xoxo.Β 
    MYΒ CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testingΒ 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH.Β 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB;Β 3Β euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB;Β 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering...Β 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; πŸ‘¦πŸΌ born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername Hi friend! I felt bad for sneaking away! But my participation was so spotty over the past year it didn’t feel right posting an announcement. I’ve been lurking and rooting you all on from over here! I’m so excited for your FET in April, but I bet you’ll be a special unicorn and get KU before then πŸ˜‰

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• mamaheather7mamaheather7 member
    edited December 2021
    Hey! I am a mama to 6 kids . 3 boys and 3 girls, and currently pregnant with my 7th! I was very nauseous from week 6-8 and started feeling less sick around my 9th week. I am due July 22. And if I could only have 1 food forever, I would choose French fries or tacos!