July 2022 Moms
Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Options
    Introduce yourself: Hey y'all!

Due date? 7/13

How did you find out? I took a test at 13 DPO because I couldn't wait any longer. I didn't tell my husband I was taking it, so I called him into the bathroom saying that I needed his help because something was wrong with the sink. I had already set the positive test on the faucet, and as it dawned on him he said "oh sh*t" :D  He said "oh f*ck" with our first (who was a bit less planned) so I'm seeing this as an improvement :D  But he's very excited!

Tell us about yourself: I'm 34 and my husband is 37. We've been together for 15 years and married for 7. We have a 4-year-old daughter who is the perfect mix of sweet, feisty, and clever. (H would probably call her conniving ;) but she's much sweeter to me.) I'm a professor and H is an engineering technician. We're bike commuters, and I love all things true crime/mystery (podcasts, novels, etc.). I don't have much time for hobbies, but I do like crafting/sewing when I can find the time!

How are you feeling? Nervous but excited. We didn't intend for this big of an age gap between kids, but it took a long time for us to feel slightly ready to go for #2 for...lots of reasons. But here we are so far! No symptoms yet. Just called to set up my first OB appointment, which isn't until 12/21 :o  No idea how I'm going to wait that long!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Any combination of chocolate and peanut butter (Reese's Cups preferred). Oooh or Froot Loops!
  • Options
    @sjb2215 @inthewoods23 I’m a Wisconsinite too! Used to live in the central part of the state, but we moved to the northwoods last year. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @thegeekymom nice! We vacation with DH's family for a week every summer up in the northwoods. Which is always towards the middle of July aka basically when I'm due so this is going to get interesting 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @thegeekymom @inthewoods23 nice! We also try to head up north during the summer as well. We'll see if it happens next summer!
  • Options
    Hey girls! 😁

Due date? July 4th ( or I guess 4th of July but I’m 🇨🇦 Lol)

How did you find out? We were actively trying. I had heartburn one night (never happens to me) and had a hunch and took a test for the heck of it in the morning and got a positive at 9DPO.

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I’m 35, my husband and I have been together since we were 17 but dated 10 years before marriage. We have a 3 year old son who is our world. We didn’t intend on such an age gap but the pandemic happened, my business suffered through the lockdowns and the time just didn’t feel right until now.
    We live in the country, I spend my time growing large vegetable and flower gardens, keeping chickens and honeybees and I’m an avid reader.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    My nausea started this week 5. I had my first HcG draw yesterday and my numbers were really high. Nervous I could be expecting multiples but should have a dating ultrasound next week.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.
    Pasta….what can I say? I have Italian background lol 😊

Look forward to being on this journey with you all!
  • Options
    @Chanyrae77 love that you have bees and chickens. I want to add bees to our homestead, but I think we have way too many bears. 

@sjb2215 @inthewoods23 So funny that you both vacation up here. I totally recommend coming up here in fall, it’s the best time everything is gorgeous. Where do you normally vacation? We’re a 15 minute drive from Rhinelander, but always going to the touristy towns (Minocqua, Eagle River, Lake Tomahawk etc) for dinner and things like that. 

• Options
    Hi everyone! 🙂

Due Date: July 1st

How did you find out? My husband was telling me for two days, “I want a second baby.”, and I was a few days late, so I tested right before bed and bam! Pregnant. How do men seem to know? 😂 Really thankful it happened easily. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I’m 32 years old and my husband and I just got married in June. We have an 8 month old son together. We really wanted our second to be close in age with our son, so we are so happy! 

I was on this forum for March 2021 and I’m still close with the girls that were there, so I decided to join this one too. 🙂

I work for Amazon and my department is extremely physical. I know any doctor would tell me heck no, so I’m trying to work on getting an accommodation or switch departments for now.

For fun my husband and I love to take road trips and just be outdoors. I also like to crochet (when I’m in the mood and have patience 🤣) and play ukulele. 

How are you feeling? I’ve had almost no symptoms whatsoever which is so weird, because the first time I had a lot. Feeling great. My first appt is on the 12th. We are sooooo excited! 

• Options
    Yay I can finally post
    Introduce yourself: Hi y'all! First time mama and super nervous.

Due date? 7/4/22

How did you find out? Weve been TTC for the past 2 years so have been keeping up with ovulation and testing at the end of each cycle. Got a faint line, tested 3 days later, and got a solid line. Went to general doctor and they confirmed with a blood test. It's still kinda surreal to me.

Tell us about yourself: I'm 36, DH is 41, and this will be our 1st! We've been married 12 years and have 2 pups, a corgi/bassest/Aussie that's 13yrs and a derpy Chihuahua that's 5 yrs. I currently teach various classes/age groups online and sometimes get to do character entertainment parties where I get to be a princess for a day. I enjoy reading, crafting, and hiking. I'm not a fan of the beach (it's the sand), give me the mountains any day. 😊

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) My first prenatal will be Dec. 2nd. Only symptom so far is sore breasts. I haven't really had any nausea, currently 5 weeks/5 days, so that makes me a nervous. Emotionally I'm doing ok, trying not to get too excited and just take it one day at a time.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. I'd probably have to go with pizza. 🍕

Hi other first time moms! 👋🤱
    @weezyfbaby1003
    @mama_misa

Hi due date buddies! 🗓️👋
    @Chanyrae77
    @babywiik
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Introduce yourself: FTM so this is all new to me! Nobody knows besides DH, excited for when we decide to tell family. 

Due date? 7/4/2022

How did you find out? Actively trying. Was a day late 11 DPO so I took a test. Couldn’t believe I got my BFP!

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) This is my first pregnancy. DH and I have a dog & cat. In my spare time I like to hike, cook, and bake. I work in the alcohol industry so keeping this under wraps is going to be tricky before I am ready to tell work 😅

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) First appointment is the day after Thanksgiving. So excited! I’ve been really thirsty, have to pee all the time, and can smell everything haha. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tacos. Or Pizza. Or Thai food. I love food 🤣
  • Options
    @xvividash I love to play the ukulele too!
  • Options
    @thegeekymom we ventured up north a little to the Wausau area to see the colors and they were gorgeous! Would love to do a fall cabin on a lake weekend in the next couple years. As far as summer spots, we've been to minoqua and eagle river. Last summer were near Hayward.
  • Options
    @zwink1 yes girl!! Welcome!

@thegeekymom we go to three lakes. It's become a tradition to visit lake tomahawk for snowshoe baseball one of the days and spend another in Minaqua at the zoo. We did the zip lining once too. That's super fun
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Hi I’m Suzie!

Due date? 7/12/21

How did you find out? HPT - this was our second month trying so I wasn’t even sure I was back to a regular cycle yet but thought I was late. Only had one test at the house and it gave me an error message. Had to go to 2 more stores to find one and by then it was mid morning and DH was at work but I took it anyway and texted him the good news. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) DH and I have been together for 15 years and married for 10 of them. We’ve got 2 girls - 4 and 1 y/o. I was active on the Jan 18 board with @sjb2215
    I work in agriculture and do a fair amount of travel for work. I enjoy playing the piano (not that it’s possible with toddlers in the house), singing in a chorus/choir, counted cross stitch and watching comedies like Letterkenny. We are also suuuuper tight with DH’s family - his brothers & their wives are our closest friends so we spend a lot of time together. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) Really really good! My first telltale sign was heartburn and since then it’s just been other little things that give me moments of “Yep, totally had to deal with that minor detail during the last 2 pregnancies.” With DD2, I remember being tired and having food aversions in the 1st Tri but not with DD1 and not now. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Ugh such a hard choice! I think I’d have to say Mexican food! 
  • Options
    @twentythree19 just here to say I freaking love your username 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 thank you! 😊 That part of Monsters Inc cracks me up every time!
  • Options
    Hey all!  I look forward to getting to know you and wish you all healthy pregnancies!

Due date? 7/19

How did you find out? We had been trying. I tested at 9 DPO and it was negative. Tested yesterday at 10 DPO and it was positive.

My husband and I live in Illinois and have been together for 16 years, but only married about 3. We just weren’t in any hurry. After our first was born, we just eloped haha!

We have two daughters- one is 5 and the other will be two later this month. ***TW- we had a loss in July at 8 weeks. It was my first miscarriage and was hard for me.End TW*** We also have a 9 year old beagle who is the sweetest dog.

I work for a large insurance company as a business development analyst.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) No appointment yet but since I’m older(36) and for the reason I mentioned above, my doctor will get me in soon to begin monitoring blood work. Since I found out so early, I don’t really have any symptoms other than exhaustion and already waking up to pee in the middle of the night.

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever.

Beef and noodles with homemade noodles. Not sure if this is a Midwest dish or not but it is sooooooo good. 
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin can we get this thread stickied? Thank you
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons we’re in the same state! And since you work for a large insurance firm, I wouldn’t be super surprised if we live pretty close to each other…
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons now I really want some beef and noodles! 😊
  • Options
    @L1C4gal that’s awesome!!
    @lalasprinkles haha they’re the best!
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: 

Due date? July 3

How did you find out? I work with young children and their families day to day and after seeing one particular little, I found myself driving to a drug store to buy a test. Gut feeling was right and two positive lines showed up ever so boldly. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) 2 kiddos currently, girl and boy. I work in the social work field doing home visiting for low income families. My husband and I have been together 6 years just this past Halloween! Weekends is the time we get all together and just hanging out playing inside or outside with the kids is what we do. 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I feel yucky. I don’t know how else to explain it. My daughter I had aversions to literally the kitchen. I couldn’t step foot in there without gagging. My son I ate completely fine. This babe, I get nauseous when I’m thirsty or hungry and sometimes after I eat or drink too. But I also only ever want Mexican food. None of my pregnancies resembled each other at all.  

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever. Currently, tacos with hot sauce. All time fav though Mac n cheese. 😂 these hormones though. 
  • Options
    Hi there! 

Due date? July 15th(ish). I'm not entirely sure.

How did you find out? It's been a hectic month and I realized, I probably should have gotten my period, but hadn't. I took an expired test from my previous pregnancy and it came back positive. So I went and bought a non-expired test and that was also positive. I realize now that I actually probably jumped the gun and took the first test too early because I can't count.

Tell us about yourself? I'm 37 (and part of the geriatric pregnancy club for the second time!) and my husband is about to be 38. We've been married for a little over 7 years. We live in CA with our two little boys and doggy, and this will be our third baby. Our other two were born Sept 2016 and June 2020. I work in marketing for a large international commercial real estate firm and freelance with smaller residential real estate firms on the side.

How are you feeling? Feeling a whirlwind of emotions. My grandmother, whom I was extremely close with, passed away 5 days before I found out I was pregnant. My two boys are her only great-grandbabies she would always tell me they were her entire world, so I am incredibly sad she will not get to know this baby.

On the other hand, I am excited because both of my previous kids took a while to conceive with religious charting and planning. This time, I had my IUD pulled out less than a month ago. My husband and I tried exactly one time all month, with no planning at all and this somehow worked. We were second-guessing having a third for a LONG time and the fact that this happened so quickly feels like it's meant to be and/or that my Grandma is looking out for us.

GTKY Fun fact: Why is this question so hard? I'm just going to go with bread since things like pretzels and donuts can also be considered bread too, right?
  • Options
    @lilaros big hugs to you! my grandma who i was very close with and always looked out for me died a few days before finding out about our current pregnancy. I actually went to her funeral the same day I found out I was pregnant.  She loved seeing pictures and videos of my other little one
  • Options
    Hello to all our FTMs! It's a wild ride for sure! 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @runnergirl2018 @lilaros sorry to hear about the losses of your grandmothers - I too just lost my grandma a few weeks ago, about 2 weeks before we found out we were pregnant. ❤️
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi everyone! Nice to meet you!

Due date: July 14

How did you find out: We have been trying since June (anyone else feel like they were lied to in high school sex ed). One Friday about a week after ovulation and baby dance, I just felt weird. So the next morning I took a test even though I felt like it was too early. Two pinks lines. I kept getting positives- must have tested a million times that day thinking it was wrong. Then Monday I called my pcp and asked for a blood test. Sure enough- hCG was high. :)

Tell us about yourself: husband and I are both attorneys. We got married in Halloween of last year. I’m 30. He is 34. We have a 10 year old blind basset hound and a 2 year old bloodhound.

How are you feeling: My nipples hurt. I’m exhausted all the time. Before this I had the worst insomnia. Now I’m sleeping for like 12 hours straight and want a nap about 2 pm. Emotionally- I feel like it hasn’t quite sunk in yet.

Fun fact- Olive Garden breadsticks
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    *lurking from Feb 2022 bmb*

@inthewoods23 DUUUDEEEE!!! so excited for you!!! I just saw your post in ttgp and had to track you down! DS was like why did you say "YES!" haha Wishing you the happiest healthiest 9 months possible and so many wishes that this is your THB! I feel you so hard on that OH shi* oh Fuc* feeling because we did the exact same. So happy for you. didnt want to be triggering in ttgp so i had to follow you over here for my reply .💕
  • Options
    @photographerwife surprise!! haha thank you! Hopefully we are on a different track this time around. I'll be more at ease tomorrow after a phone call from the reproductive immunologist.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
     Hi everyone! 

Due date? 7/1

How did you find out? I found out on my birthday, 9 DPO. I had the lightest line ever, but after 2.5 years POAS, I knew a faint positive when I saw one. This was also my first round of Letrozole. I have PCOS and needed fertility assistance with my first child too (Clomid). 

Tell us about yourself: This is my attempt at baby #2. I have a 6 year old daughter who is the reason I so desperately want another. I've been married for 8 years and together with my spouse for 10 years. I had a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy in 2019 and have been paranoid ever since. One of my best friends is actually a woman I met on the Bump in 2015! We have our 6yo's, live in different cities and are both trying for our second. I'm a working mom and currently attending Graduate School to be a teacher one day! 

How are you feeling? Nervous and so happy. I've been spotting a little this week, which scares me. But during my ectopic, I didn't spot at all, so I have faith that spotting doesn't indicate doom. I hope. We wont tell our daughter until the anatomy scan because she was so bummed about our loss in 2019. She really wants to be a big sister!

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever: PIZZA. I love pizza. I'm vegetarian (since 2008) and all those varieties of veggies and cheeses on pizza slay me.
  • Options
    Hi, I’m Caitlin!

Due date?

How did you find out?
    - On a visit to my sisters house, was CERTAIN I was not, but took a test to be sure and was so pleasantly surprised!

- no pets, one nearly 2 year old! Working PT. All the things I personally like to do are on LOA for…years to come probably 😅. But knitting, baking, yoga, scribbling, and traveling.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?)
    - got first big wave of nausea today. That didn’t happen last time! And so incredibly hungry 😅. That definitely happened. First appt is Dec 13!

- sushi seems like a not so exciting answer, but it’s true. That and toast. I practically live on toast.
  • Options
    @bumpedup LOL, i hear you on the toast! Just had a conversation about how toast can never get boring because of all the jelly options :-) Also, last pregnancy I ate toast literally every day and some days more than once!
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi, I can’t believe I am here.. my husband and I have been tfas for almost 8 years… so it’s kind of surreal. 

My name is Frances I am 32… DH is 35

Due date? According to my LMP July 20

How did you find out? I am very impatient and tested at 10 dpo and got a squinter… tests are slowly getting darker. 

my husband and I were really young parents so we have a daughter who will be 13 in Feb who has been begging for a sibling since she was 4… we have two cats and we are adding a golden doodle to our family at the beginning of December.. so excited! 

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I am going to call my dr on Monday to set up an appt.. I am feeling like this isn’t real.. I was starting to feel like I didn’t deserve this. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever 
    hmmm… probably spaghetti it’s my fave. And now at 8:45 am I am hungry for spaghetti haha 
  • Options
    Due date is 07/19/22! I just signed up but I've been lurking for some time lol

My name is Alexa, I've got 5 year old twin boys and a 4 year old girl. So this will be my fourth and final baby, and also the only baby I have that was planned! Haha
    We also have a kitty named Echo and two shih tzu mix angels named Barney and Frankenstein. I'm a big gamer and a big reader!

I am very very excited. And also nervous. My first appointment is for December 10th and I'll be anxious right up until I hear a heartbeat.

I would eat mashed potatoes until I threw up and then I'd just make more and eat em again tbh. But every pregnancy I also crave beef in any form so

Steaks!

I hope I can make some due date buddies!
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention this is my partners first and only baby so he is OVER THE MOON.
  • Options
    @doggokitto we are due date buddies! 😁
  • Options
    @francesgs How exciting! I was also the kid who begged for a baby sibling my entire life, and my parents finally had one (an oops :D) when I was 13! It was the most exciting thing in the world to me and I loved being his "other mom" <3 I'm actually the middle child--my parents had my older brother when they were really young too (another oops :D). And crazy to think that my "baby" brother just turned 21 this week. Anyways, all that to say: I'm so happy for you all AND your daughter! <3