Options

Introductions

Re: Introductions

• Options
    edited November 2021
    @ginevere Due date and food twins! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @creativesoul63 I was just going to say that! Amazing. I also have a DD born in 2020, so that's wild 😆 
  • Options
    Hi @joellelamb Welcome to the group! I think there are a couple of us 🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦 here! 

• Options
    @joellelamb @rubyrose_0919 another Canadian here! Definitely a few of us here 😊
  • Options
    @appleblossom88 hurray another WI member! We have a handful in this BMB. Welcome!
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 thanks for the welcome! Nice to see some others from the North Woods!
  • Options
    @appleblossom88 welcome! I also love hiking. We live in the mountains in Vermont and I enjoy hiking even in the winter. So I'm looking forward to doing that to stay active this winter. It's usually the most peaceful time because there are fewer people out on the trails, and it's easier to see birds. And also you need snowshoes or microspikes for the snow and ice, which deters the fair-weather hikers. So awesome that you have 40 acres!
  • Options
    @zinnia19 we are also in Vermont! We just moved here from New Hampshire last year and we are still trying to figure out what is around us haha. I miss hiking, I knew all the mountains and trails in NH
  • Options
    @jellie603 Awesome! I've lived here about 10 years now and I love it. Lots of outdoor opportunities, great local food and farms, and no billboards! Haha. Yeah it takes time to get to know a place and the trails. But I've found that there are so many great places to hike in VT, no matter where you are! There are some good books out there, like the Long Trail Guide and 50 Hikes in Vermont. 
  • Options
    @zinnia19 I’ve always wanted to go to Vermont! It looks stunning. Winter hiking is a favorite for me too. It’s so quiet and peaceful and the views are so different with the trees all bare. I love snowshoeing! We have lots of public land nearby and after hunting season, I really want to do some off trail exploring. We don’t have that steep of slopes that I’ve needed micro spikes here yet though! 
  • Options
    Hi I am a new mommie, exicted to be a part of this forum!
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy I’m so sorry for the journey you have been on but I’m happy you’re here with us now. Crossing everything that you get your rainbow baby 🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy welcome! you absolutely belong here! Pregnancy is just one aspect of motherhood. And it looks different for every couple. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. That sounds so challenging. Hoping everything goes well. 
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy Welcome mama! I’m so sorry, what a long journey you have been on. I think you definitely belong, and if I remember correctly you aren’t the only one who has done something like this ❤️ You could also invite your friend who is pregnant to join with you if that would be ok with you! But either way, I’m glad to have you 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy welcome! I am getting back into knitting and crocheting! For Halloween, I made my oldest a crochet crown and then weaved yarn into it for hair so she could be Ariel the little mermaid. I’m working on finger knitting a blanket right now. I can’t wait to get it done. Then (maybe, haha) I’ll make a baby blanket for this baby.

@harmank91 peanut butter ice cream? That sounds amazing! I’m going to have to look for some!
  • Options
    velvetblue88velvetblue88 member
    edited November 2021
    Introduce Yourself: Lesley
    Due date
    ? 7/22/22

How did you find out? Pregnancy test on first day of missed period. My boobs were sore, and I was crampy, so I really thought I was about to get my period. I did not get my period, though. 😆

Tell us about yourself: I'm 38, 2 cats, 1 dog, 1 husband. Been trying for a couple of years. Had a consultation for financing IVF with a RE on Nov 2, but then SURPRISE! BFP on 11/10. Also, I'm referring to my passenger as a "her" until I learn otherwise. I come from a family of 4 girls, and I have 7 nieces, no nephews. 😁

How are you feeling? Super nervous. Saw the first images today, and she's 6w2-3d. 
    ***TW!!***

Suffered a loss 2+ yrs ago  around 9.5 weeks, so I have hope that this time she'll stay.

GTKY Fun fact: Could be pregnancy brain, or not, but I want spaghetti. Lots of spaghetti. 😆
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons, more than anything I’m getting really good food recs from this thread!!
  • Options
    @harmank91 Hiii I’m in the DMV! :)
  • Options
    @sacha0088 I saw midwives for my first 3 pregnancies and they don’t do the first appointment until 12 weeks. I wonder if it’s a midwife thing
  • Options
    harmank91harmank91 member
    edited November 2021
    @creativesoul63 we should totally connect!
  • Options
    @harmank91 Sure! I sent you a PM.
  • Options
    Hi All!

Introduce yourself- my name is Katie and I have been TTC for a year, we did IVF and this is our second transfer. So grateful and nervous!

Due date- 7/31

Tell us about yourself- I’m 32 and live in LA with my husband and my golden doodle. 

How are you feeling- I am feeling so excited and nervous! I have been feeling slight cramping and sore boobs, last week I had some spotting. I actually had more spotting today- thick dark brown- fingers crossed all is ok!! We had two betas - 375 (9 days post transfer) and 1200 (12 days post transfer) and our first ultra sound next week. We might get in early because of the spotting will continue to monitor!

Fun fact- I would eat think pizza with prosciutto and lots of cheese everyday!

so nice to be here and to support one another! Sending good vibes to all!
  • Options

Introduce yourself: Hey there! I'm a mama in her mid 30s with a 4.5 year old girl. My life has changed drastically since she was born, and now I'm so excited about this next adventure. 

Due date? July 25th, although I delivered 3 weeks early last time.

How did you find out? It took me 4 years to get pregnant with my first child. I ended up taking letrozole and conceived on the 3rd cycle. Knowing that my boyfriend and I decided to start fertility testing next year. Well - we stopped being careful and got a great surprise. I felt like crap one day and realized I should have already gotten my period (something I've tracked like a crazy person for all but the last 2 months). Took a test and bam!

Tell us about yourself I never know what to say here. I have a really sarcastic terrible sense of humor, so sorry in advance. I work from home, have 2 dogs and watch other dogs as a side business. My daughter is wild and crazy, and too much fun. Divorced from her dad, and have been with my boyfriend for the last couple years. 

How are you feeling? Tired, yucky, happy. First appt is Dec 20th.

GTKY Fun fact: Nachos. For sure nachos. 

😊

34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.

• Options
    Also - I clearly forgot my old signature was still on this 🤦 let me go fix that right now..
    Second a great surprise.

• Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I'm Glo 29 FTM. Was told this year I was most like infertile because we had been together 13 years and it never happened and we weren't being safe. I started fertility testing so I started to believe It wasn't going to happen naturally. 

Due date? July 17 

How did you find out? I went to Mexico and on Nov 10 i felt a sharp pain in my belly, made a joke after searching up round ligament and how it's related to pregnancy. My husband said maybe you're pregnant first thing I did when I got back home Nov 12 took a test, negative. Saturday i start feeling weird, don't think anything of it just feel different i ran out of home test so i ordered a digital and the pink dye test. Sunday Nov 14 I get home from work at 3:30am and was craving a cup of noodles soup not unusual started eating and it felt like I was eating a salt block. The thought sunk in more, maybe I'm pregnant but no it was negative? Amazon delivers the tests later that day I've taken so many test at this point I don't want to look or stare at it and while I'm waiting i realized I'm 7 days late kid you not i felt like I was in an alternative universe when i saw the word pregnant my first reaction was to call out to my husband to come see ❤️ he said don't get to excited this has happened before so we confirmed Monday Nov 15 via HCG test came out at 19. I had to go retest a few more times because my doctor wanted to make sure is growing properly. I baby is growing as it's supposed to i got to do 4 HCG tests it's great seeing the numbers multiply. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?) I work in renewable energy, I'm married to my highschool sweetheart. I love to spend time at home with my niece and nephew that were my foster babies for 3 1/2 years now they're back with mom, that really opened the desire more to have my own kids. I loved being a mom to them during that time. 

How are you feeling? Very little to no symptoms, I'm happy about that because my periods kill me so experiencing pregnancy with minimal symptoms has been great!!! Week 7 starting to get a little more tired. 

GTKY Fun fact: I have uterus didelphys ( two uterus, two cervixes, two or 1 vagina still haven't confirmed just found out in April after a false positive ( or chemical pregnancy) not sure which one. 
  • Options
    @glomommy Welcome! I'm an MA in an OB office and I was so confused when one of the doctors did 2 paps and labeled them left and right. This was within my first couple months of starting and one of my coworkers explained to me what didelphys is. 
  • Options
    Introduce yourself: Hi! I’m Julz. 34 year old mom of 3 and attorney. Originally from NYC but recently moved to South Jersey.

Due date? 7/15 is my guess but I’ll know more after my ultrasound next week

How did you find out? I felt off and I just knew. I got a faint positive and then faint the next morning. Ended up having an appointment for a pap that day and I told them I got a positive test result but then I tested negative on their test in the office. I asked for beta draws. They did a beta draw and it showed I was super early. I wasn’t feeling too confident though with TW….
    two previous loses and that the tests were showing up so light. But then the beta more than doubled. We did two more draws. One in two days and then one a week after that and my levels look great. 

We weren’t trying but also weren’t not trying. I was pretty sure I wanted a 4th and so we sorta left it up to chance. 

Tell us about yourself (Other children/pets? Job? Things you like to do? Spouse/partner?)
    I have three kids, my son is 6, middle daughter is 3 and my youngest was born during the start of the pandemic in June 2020 and is one and a half. My husband and I both own our own businesses and worked from home even pre-pandemic. I landed a big client and started with them the week I found out I was pregnant so I’m really nervous about them finding out eventually since I know I’m not going to be able to hide it long being my 4th.

How are you feeling? (First appointment? Any symptoms? Emotionally?) I honestly feel awful. My boobs are really sore and I’m still nursing my youngest so it hurts so bad. I’m exhausted. And my morning sickness is so bad. I’m having a hard time keeping any fluids down and my insurance company is giving me a hard time covering Bonjesta which is the only thing that helped with my 3rd. I’m taking benedryl and b6 but it’s really not helping as much as I need it to. 

Emotionally I’m anxious. I’m anxious that things aren’t going to go well but also nervous they will and that holy crap, I’m going to have 4 kids. A few people know already and the response has honestly been a little upsetting. My mom was really negative about it and it really has messed with my head a lot. 😭 I know we’re going to get a lot of judgement.

But I’m also and mostly thrilled. I love being a mom and honestly I’ve never felt more powerful than in childbirth. 

GTKY Fun fact: Tell us what you would choose if you could only eat one thing forever 
    I honestly can’t answer this question right now because I just puked. 😂🤢😩
  • Options
    julzy said:

Emotionally I’m anxious. I’m anxious that things aren’t going to go well but also nervous they will and that holy crap, I’m going to have 4 kids. A few people know already and the response has honestly been a little upsetting. My mom was really negative about it and it really has messed with my head a lot. 😭 I know we’re going to get a lot of judgement.
    I'm sorry the responses haven't been great. That always sucks. Want me to prank call her? I'm pretty good at it. 😂❤️
    Second a great surprise.