June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

14567810»

Re: The craving thread

• This thread is making me so hungry. 
  • I must have a Chic Fil A chicken biscuit with cheese and bacon... But my hubby took my keys by accident so now I'm stranded with no biscuits.... I actually cried about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I want an old fashioned. There are a lot of mocktails out there that can fake the taste of a lot of things, but there is NOTHING without alcohol that tastes like bourbon and I want one SO BAD. A little bit of wine while KU is one thing, but hard alcohol (and drinks made entirely of said alcohol) is a little different so I think I'm SOL on this one for the next six months, which right now is super sad news.
  • I polished off the leftovers from my sister's birthday ice cream cake that was in the freezer. And I didn't even ask my DH if he wanted any. All I feel like eating is ice cream and I'm close to the point of not caring.
  • @ki1244 Ugh I miss bourbon so much! I had a sip of my mom’s bourbon drink last weekend and wanted to just down the whole thing so badly. 
  • I have these strong cravings for things like chicken burritos and subway. I used to love them but now when I get them they don’t taste the same. It’s very disappointing lol. 
  • Those Doritos that are buffalo/ranch. Omg they are good.

And oranges.
  • Oranges here too, still. But a new one has emerged over the past week:

Cherry pie. I don't know where I came up with it but I can't seem to find it anywhere. All I want for Christmas is cherry pie.
  • Mmmmmm an ice cap and chocolate dip donut from tims....

• @canuckbaby I am so eternally jealous of you right now. Two of my all time faves.
  • @wearyfuzzball i dont love ice caps but lately mmmm with chocolate milk. The location by our house makes them so good. Full and not over mixed 
  • @canuckbaby that chocolate dip is just missing custard in the middle :p Tim's Boston creams are my weakness...
  • @marijaa333 oh yeah boston creams are the best but this location is hit and miss on them
  • @canuckbaby i greatly respect that you research individual donut type quality by location 👌
  • Tomato soup lately. Which DH likes to tease me about and ask how my ketchup and flour is...because apparently ingredient wise that is basically what it is. I don't care though. I make it nice and warm and drink it down. It is very satisfying. And all the potatoes...mashed or baked. I ate more mashed potatoes on Christmas than I did the other food. I also ate potato salad and I usually hate it, but it was good. So I am a newfound potato addict I guess. Over the past week I have turned into a ravenous animal that just can't stop eating. It is a nice change from being so sick to my stomach that I have to force myself to eat.  
  • I was craving salad so bad I just made homemade salad dressing because I didn’t have any 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 what kind of dressing? 

I havent been craving anything lately and I have been awful with eating and drinking. 
  • Salads have been my thing lately too. I got a crispy chicken bacon ranch salad late last night on my way home from work...and it was so good. I usually don't care for ranch either
  • @canuckbaby It was borderline made up because I don’t have a ton of stuff just laying around 😂 it was like “maple mustard” or something? I googled easy salad dressings and this was the one I had the closest stuff to. It was maple syrup (I used agave because it’s what I had), Dijon mustard (regular, again all I had) olive oil, lemon juice (omitted because I didn’t have it) and garlic powder. It was actually really good though, but I’m sure the real version would be better. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 that sounds fun. I have a honey mustard recipe thats similar. Mmmm
  • oddly enough salads are the only things I crave not that I can always eat them because one bite makes me sick but it's the only thing that sounds remotely appetizing 
  • Went to get guacamole the other day and wound up with a mislabeled container -- it was supposed to be mild and it is LOADED with jalapenos. Best mistake ever, though, because it is soooooo good. I'm eating it for breakfast right now.
  • @ki1244 the Whole Foods near us does this all the time with guac. I love spicy food but they truly overdo it, and then label it "mild." I think someone in the back is playing a practical joke on the customers.
  • All the cheese and gravy goodness
  • Had a basketball game this afterbnoon. At halftime went wandering the concourse and wound up with a basket of chicken tenders and fries. Seemed good at the moment but now after downing the whole thing, I feel like Ron Burgundy... 🤢