June 2019 Moms

The craving thread

Re: The craving thread

• I’m really craving sour candy, apple juice, fruit, and ketchup. But fruit of any kind gives me heartburn. And the rest create excess mucus which triggers my gag reflex and causes me to throw up. So I can’t have it. Currently I’m craving a big juicy burger from this restaurant in town. I wish we had postmates or uber eats! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @antera23 burgers are my favorite. Could eat them every day
  • @canuckbaby I am so jealous right now. I do have strawberries but definitely no cake in the house. :'(
  • @marijaa333 cake was on sale so i baked one today lol. Still need to make my pie
  • I had a bag of apples I needed to use up, so I made a few pints of pie filling and canned it this afternoon (mostly in half-pint jars for individual desserts, and made another jar of crumble topping so I can have homemade apple crisp in the microwave whenever I want it). Took all my self-control not to pop one of them open as soon as they were done sealing. Tried a twist on my old recipe (because apparently cornstarch isn't recommended for canning anymore? but the roads are crappy so I didn't want to go get a different thickener) and man is it good.
  • @canuckbaby I want strawberry shortcake so bad now! 
  • @canuckbaby
    Oh baby! Yes! Chips. For the Americans like french fries but much thicker. Never had them over there the right way.
    With Chicken Salt and as much vinegar I can get on them without making a sopping mess. 
  • I'm also all about the Orange Juice right now. Give me the all the 100% OJ.
  • Add me to the OJ train! 
  • OJ and oranges for me too.and way more milk than i normally drink... which is hit and miss on agreeing with me lol @011sammie017 and @wearyfuzzball
  • I'd be interested to see if we all end up with babies the same sex. If those old wives tales hold any truth in them @canuckbaby @wearyfuzzball

• @canuckbaby SAME on the milk too! Before I was pregnant I was exclusively drinking almond milk. Now I can't stand almond milk but drink lots of regular milk. It's so weird.

And that would be an interesting test @011sammie017
  • OJ is amazing.....and I randomly started craving pickles and glasses of ice cold milk. I can devour big orange bell peppers (the sweet ones) like they are apples. But I am still completely turned off by candy and most desserts. I couldn't eat any turkey on Thanksgiving even though it was cooked to perfection. I literally can't stomach any meat other than beef lately (no chicken, turkey, or pork). I was like that with my daughter too, and my OB told me back then it was probably my body craving the iron in the beef. Although I was able to stomach chili that had beef and turkey meat mixed in it.  
  • I have had tons of aversions up until this point, and now I think I got a craving. It wasn’t super strong, but I definitely really wanted Pepsi for a few days. I’m not a big Pepsi person, but all other sodas tasted bland compared to Pepsi.
  • I bought a giant slice of carrot cake with cream cheese dressing at a bakery today. @canuckbaby made me do it with that photo above.
  • @marijaa333 tasty posted a video on Facebook with a bunch of pies *drool*
  • I finally want something two days in a row! I am craving a tuna sandwich from this local sandwich place, with extra lettuce and mustard on sourdough. It’s not an unusual craving becuase I want it when I’m not pregnant lol. 
  • I craved tuna with my second like literally tuna was all I wanted
  • I just literally stuffed my face with a loaded blt and cajun fries...and for the first time I didn't feel sick after filling up my belly. And it was soooo gooood lol 
  • Rueben sandwiches with sauerkraut and Russian dressing.
  • @BlondePeanut isn’t that the best feeling! 
  • @antera23 It really was! I was so satisfying 

• These darn typos are killing me. Mobile bumping doesn't work so well...lol
  • It's in the 30's today, so I decided what better for dinner than some warm tomato soup....so good. Still having chicken aversions so chicken noodle is a no go. I paired it with a Jamaican beef patty. It is nice to be able to start enjoying food again. Still getting some MS, but yesterday and today I have actually been able to eat and not feel gross afterward 
  • I have the Pioneer Woman on for background noise while I work and she's making French onion soup right now. OMG WANT. And somehow I doubt that the can of Progresso in my pantry is going to live up to what was on my screen...
  • My cravings are so fleeting I can’t even pin them down- sushi or raw tuna from bonefish, tomato soup, chicken nuggets. Cold veggie sub. I’m just sitting at my desk day dreaming and not going to the kitchen. When I get down there I just look at the fridge and shrug. I also want Thai and Pho. HALP
  • I had some tamales a few weeks ago with hot Cheetos in the masa, covered in nacho cheese, and more hot Cheetos and they were pretty amazing.

I can only handle chicken if it’s shredded, but I wouldn’t say no to Chick-fil-A right now. Wanting enchiladas, quesadillas, tamales. And Korean tteokbokki with ramen and cheese (it’s dense chewy rice cakes almost like super chewy gnocchi, in a sweet, spicy, chili sauce.) i’m watching my sodium and don’t need any of these things. 

Can’t get enough raspberries, cucumbers, Envy apples, cheddar cheese, cottage cheese.

A bagel shop near our house makes the best green olive cream cheese - yesterday I had a sesame bagel with green olive cream cheese, their fresh turkey they roast in house and slice fresh, with garlic kosher dills dipped in spicy brown mustard on the side.  
  • I am now dreaming about food. I just woke up salivating over this dip my friend makes. Despite hating the two ingredients it’s named after: Egg and Olive. Is it weird to get in touch with someone who doesn’t know you’re pregnant and invite them over and make them bring you dip? Lol
  • My other BMB was discussing cheesesteaks and now I have to have one. We’re going for lunch. 
  • I suddenly want sweet all the time. I always have cereal and a small bowl of berries in the morning and I've been sprinkling sugar on both this week, which is something I've never done before. 

• @AshleighDB I'm in the same boat! I never really enjoy sweets, but find myself wanting them all of the time now. Especially ice cream and popsicles.
  • Hamentashen cookies. DH brought some home from the bakery yesterday and now they're all I can think about. We are still out west visiting family (until tomorrow) and they were not as good as the ones we get at home, so I'm craving the "real" ones. I am considering making Linzer cookies but it's just not the same.
  • A random one from work last night... I saw a can of V8 and had to have it! It was so good!!! I’ll probably get another one tonight. I’m normally a chip person but I’ve been getting pretzels lately. The Rold Gold ones... so salty and crunchy! Mac and cheese has been a huge one too, with extra cheese and hot sauce on top 😋
  • I have never been so excited for a salad as i am right now

• I’m craving pizza bagels right now 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93 That sounds amazing...I haven't had a pizza bagel in forever...or tostinos pizza bites...

• @BlondePeanut I really think im
    gonna make them for dinner. I just have to go get cheese, I have everything else. 

Which reminds me of an odd phenomenon. I think im
    adulting wrong or something. I basically start over at the beginning of each week with groceries. Like I have pretty much no food in the house by Friday. And other people seem to just HAVE all this stuff lying around to cook and I don’t. Do I meal
    prep TOO much? Do I just not make enough things that share ingredients? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I’m so relieved I can now read this thread without gagging. 

First real “craving” has been smartfood popcorn. I bought 100 calorie bags to try and keep it contained but I ended up combining two bags into one this weekend because it wasn’t enough. 
  • I need someone to follow me around and smack the soda and sweets out of my hands! Seriously. I stopped drinking soda YEARS ago but for some reason now am back addicted on the coca cola...