October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 7/5

Re: Randoms 7/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For those having issues sleeping here are two ways to try! https://www.facebook.com/BabyCenter/videos/10155809520561298/
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @SweetSweetTooth If only DH would be so willing to get up in the middle of the night and get me 6 pillows LOL
    I basically sleep like the #2 back sleeper except without the arm pillows, but maybe I will try that as sometimes my hands fall a sleep.
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    I don't even own that many pillows!?
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @SawyerRichardson I'm using my body pillow folded behind me with two other pillows (one for under my back and one for my head.) it give me enough support but flexibility to move and get comfy in a position.
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    Well its official. My poor pup is allergic to the outside. He's now on allergy shots after testing positive for almost everything.... He's like his momma.

• Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @sammierose464 Oh no! Poor pup! Must be awful to be allergic to the outside. Hopefully the shots will help
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016

• Options
    @sammierose464 so sorry for your pup (and for you having to help him manage that)  :(
  • Options
    It's good we don't really have any trees in our yard or our neighbors. But now I know why he's so bad in spring 
  • Options
    jynjer91 said:
    I’m impatiently waiting for someone to piss me off today. I’m not in a bad mood but I just feel aggressive and need to snap at someone!! Can we get a drive by or something?
    I went off on the chase lady yesterday because they royally screwed up my card. She wasn't helpful in the least bit and kept repeating things I already knew.
  • Options
    @sammierose464 Aww, poor Loki! I had no idea that dogs could be allergic to grass. Hope the allergy shots help him out!
  • Options
    I feel so late to the party today!! 
    I love looking into other bmbs for announcements! I actively lurk through September on when I get all caught up here too.
     @jynjer91 that was me yesterday. I want pissed off but I was super irritable and was ready to go!
  • Options
    @sammierose464 - Poor thing!  Looks like he is allergic to the indoors too!
  • Options
    @jemmerjams totally makes me want to check my registries and see if anything else has been purchased!!
  • Options
    I'm just glad he's not allergic to the cat. Thankfully we have hard wood in most of the house so it's a bit easier to get everything up. 
  • Options
    Catching up here, and hoping to be more active

@mytrueloves and @jennybean80 hoping babies stay put for a little longer!  Crossables crossed for you guys.

@KFrob You never know how they will react.  We took the full bed out of the guest room on the fourth and last night our 2 year old was crying because she wanted to sleep in the guest room on the mattress pad that I left on the floor, she kept saying my bed my room.  So I was like hmmm we should speed this along a bit she seems ready to move.  We just have to move some furniture around.

Also I just wanted to say I really enjoyed the cryptic pregnancy thread.  That was at the height of when we were trying to conceive so I recognized a lot of the names and they were a very snarky crew :D
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    @kfrob big creepy internet hugs <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
  • Options
    @sammierose464 we had a financial moment here too.  We just started using You Need A Budget and it has been awesome.  It took a little bit to set it up and I did it before reading the book, so had a lot of adjustments to make after, but it has helped so much already and we haven’t been using it for long.  It helps track all the little expenses that are easy to forget so you can see exactly how much you’re spending on everything, especially if you use the app. They have a promo where you can try the first month for free too, so if you try it and hate it you aren’t out any money. The convenience of having everything imported automatically and having the app on your phone makes the cost worth it IMO.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use You Need a Budget too...have been (off and on) for about a year. Our expenses have been so weird because we moved across the country last year, but it was mostly reimbursed by a corporate relocation and then we have put a lot into my business recently (but have basically made it all back...fingers crossed that continues). But it has really helped us get a handle on how much we spent on eating & drinking out, and it's really encouraged us to make smarter decisions there.

We also use credit cards a lot because we like getting points (but we don't carry balances), so I don't like how it counts our CC payments as expenses when it counts all the charges as expenses anyway...I feel like it's always saying we're out of money when we aren't. But I still like it for tracking the categories and I feel like I'm getting a better handle on how to use it.

One thing it's helped us change is the fella's propensity to always have $200 of cash on him at all times. He has the app on his phone, but he's terrible about entering in transactions, so we've just agreed that he won't use much cash anymore, unless we're in a specific situation where he needs it (like vacation at a place where we tip the valets and hotel staff every day). That has helped a lot. I swear he used to take $200 out every two weeks or so, and I never knew where it went. 
  • Options
    @melbo444 I think you just might be using the app a bit incorrectly.  When you put the money into the budget for something, say groceries, and then buy the groceries with the credit card and record the transaction, the app takes that money out of your available funds on the groceries line and adds it automatically to the payment of the credit card.  You don’t need to also put that money in the budget for the credit card because you already budgeted for it.  The credit card budget line is more for if you need to pay more on the card, either because of a balance that you’re trying to get rid of or because you’ve been floating on the card from month to month.
  • Options
    If anyone's interested this bathing suit is fantastic! Looks good nonmaternity, but I get so many compliments on it right now! I got a size 8 and was a 2 before (but I've also already gained 21lbs that have gone directly to my butt and thighs lol) it's on sale for $50 with free shipping :) 

https://m.macys.com/shop/product/lauren-ralph-lauren-tummy-control-ruched-halter-one-piece-swimsuit?ID=757922&amp;CategoryID=8699&amp;swatchColor=Sky Blue#fn=sp=1&spc=170&ruleId=78&kws=Ralph lauren swim&searchPass=exactMultiMatch&slotId=4
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    That is a really cute suit @hellopartyof5!
  • Options
    Cute! I might need to get a new one before the end of summer because my chest keeps growing.  Confused about the Black Friday sale part though... I know stores are letting seasons be about a week long, but I missed the part where Black Friday is moving to July!

(BTW, Target has back to school sales on their website already. I can’t remember where we were talking about fall, but I saw it and immediately thought of you guys).