October 2018 Moms

Randoms 7/5

DS  12-1-2014
DD 10-29-2016
#3 due 10-13-2018

Re: Randoms 7/5

• Loading the player...
  • I liked the support of the KT tape, but my skin was too sensitive for it. I already have stretch marks all over so taking it off hurt like a bitch.
  • @sammierose464 Oh great. Now I don’t want to take it off! Maybe I’ll wait until I shower and hope the warm water helps? I didn’t even think about all the new glorious peach fuzz on my stomach. This might end up being a bitch. 
  • Yay: My mom found my Hypnobabies home study course and dropped it off to me!

BOO: All of it is there except the birth partner guide and the company no longer replaces individual parts of the course and also no longer sells them either. And I can't find a used copy on eBay or a download online. So I'd have to spend $150 on a whole new home study course just to get that one booklet that I need. WTF.
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • lest12lest12 member
    OT - I did not get a chance to watch The Handmaid's Tale with all of the 4th of July activities yesterday, and it is KILLING me not to go online and read spoilers right now.

image        image

• edited July 2018
    @lest12 I finally watched it this morning! I was dying not watching it yesterday!
  • lest12lest12 member
    @sawyerrichardson - ah I can't wait!  It's been such an emotional rollercoaster this season. 

image        image

• I won't even ask wtf that means. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• HoosOnFirstHoosOnFirst member
    edited July 2018
    (Forget I posted, I responded to the wrong thing)
  • I just spent the past hour having BH contractions every 2 minutes...slowing down now, but that was a bit nerve wracking
  • ***If anyone is using KT tape on their bellies, make sure to use baby oil to remove it**** - I just learned the hard way. I taped it yesterday and it was fine, although I sweat so much thats probably why. Today I ripped my skin off my belly. 

Ouch.
  • Ohh good call on the baby oil.
  • @kiwi2628 - I hope everything is going okay and the BH have finally stopped. 

@krzyriver - You’re welcome. B)
  • That thread was pretty good. I didn't venture to the site though
  • Haha now I have to go read it...
  • Damnit now I have to read the site too.

@sammierose464 stop at Motherhood!
  • @kiwi2628 glad everything is okay!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kiwi2628 tell me more about this tape. How do j use it? What is it for? I am so uncomfortable the last few days! 
  • @estellegetty its physio tape that is used to help alleviate some of the strain put on the muscles. I was/am doing it specifically because I think I have diastasis recti, but here is a website that I found that has a nice explanation of how to tape, although my belly bandit is getting delivered today, so I may not need to do it once it comes.

https://diaryofafitmommy.com/how-to-prevent-diastasis-recti-during-pregnancy/#

• Thanks @kiwi2628! I will look up the belly bandit also. I just feel so much pressure everywhere...like I’m extremely full. I can’t really explain it. But it is soooooo not cute or fun and I’m pretty sure my family is done with me complaining this week. So glad this started happening AFTER we returned from vacation though. Let me know how you like the belly bandit! 
  • So did anyone notice at the bottom of that page it said that all women on “I didn’t know I was pregnant” had cryptic pregnancies? I only watched that show a handful of times, but I clearly remember several women who didn’t know they were pregnant because they got pregnant before their period came back and had Irish Twin type closeness in age...just in case we did one more reason to eye roll at this.
  • chyviechyvie member
    @cdepperschmidt my friend at the age of 16 didn't know she was pregnant until she was 5 or 6 months. She was a larger girl and didn't gain a lot of weight or a real bump. Also at that age she didn't know her body well and her periods were irregular. So it DOES happen but I find it very hard to believe you can't know you are pregnant as a grown women and this "cryptic" pregnancy stuff is just BS. There is no way you can be pregnant for 7 years!!!
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• My friend (who is a manager at Applebee's) told me a story of a woman who went into the bathroom during her shift at Applebee's and they were yelling at her to get back to work. She kept saying she couldn't move she was in so much pain. She was in labor. Had no idea she was pregnant... And it wasn't her first kid!
  • edited July 2018
    @chyvie I totally believe people dont know their pregnant! I know that happens all the time. I just thought it was silly that they would call that an example of “cryptic pregnancy”. 

ETA to add. I was trying to point out that if a women gets pregnant before she realizes her cycle returns after the birth of a previous child like I saw on that show, that’s just a normal length pregnancy.