October 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 7/5

Re: Randoms 7/5

• Options
    @mytrueloves how are you feeling otherwise??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited July 2018
    @jennybean80 glad you’re doing well and the docs called you off early. Sounds like you’re in good hands!

@mytrueloves sounds like a productive appt. How do you like the new provider?
  • Options
    @mytrueloves - Ugh about the bed rest, but I’m glad your new provider seems on top of things!
  • Options
    chyviechyvie member
    @jennybean80 and @mytrueloves
    Take it easy and I hope those babies stay on the inside for as long as they can. 
    Me 33 DH 41
    TTC since 2016
    Due: October 12, 2018

• Options
    Sounds like they're taking the necessary precautions to keep you and baby healthy!! 
  • Options
    @jennybean80 glad they are taking precautions! 
  • Options
    @jennybean80 glad you’re taking it easy! Hope baby stays inside for a good long while!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, apparently I’m still trying to figure out how to parent a fur baby. (If you’re still eating dinner don’t proceed) I was walking by my male German shepherd and look down and he has a full on erection. He sticks out a lot but this was completely different. I look and there’s also a wet puddle on the floor under him which seems to have originated around the groin area- at the time assuming he peed which is so unlike him. I scream for my husband to come over because I’m thinking he has some sort of infection because it’s so swollen. My husband tries to get him to stand up and walk to make sure he is ok. He just kind of looked out of it. Eventually gets up and my husband walks him outside where he laid down again. I’m basically in tears becaus he seems out of it and must be in pain because he didn’t want to walk. I’m about ready to jump in the car to go to the emergency vet. I go outside and pet him and he lets me rub his belly and he has gone back to normal down there, despite being all wet over his stomach. I tempted him with his toy and he got up and ran around for it. By this point he seems ok and we’re putting together he must have had a wet dream?!?!? He seems fine now, sleeping but that’s normal for this time of night. Boy dogs are full of surprises...
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 I would call the vet on Monday just to be sure. Could be the start of something more serious and you might kick yourself later if you never asked. We have a male dog and never had that happen. He is neutered. He has shown his red rocket but never has it swollen or stayed out very long. 
  • Options
    rabtaido1214rabtaido1214 member
    edited July 2018
    @SweetSweetTooth we will definitely keep an eye on him today and see if there’s any sign of abnormal activity down there. From when innoticed it was probably only that was for 2-3 minutes, but now sure how long before hand. The kicker is ny husband JUST had him at the vet yesterday morning for an unrelated paw thing, which didn’t end up being anything major. The vet was new to us and was really feeling him up all over and he got his rectal temp taken for the first time I’ve ever heard of for him so maybe he was having dreams about that. Really hope I don’t ever see that again!
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 my son didn’t have vernix all over him when he came out. I’m guessing because he was late. IDK the weirdest thing about him was his cone head...
  • Options
    @rabtaido1214 @cdepperschmidt Bernox is more common prior to the due date (preemies have a super thick layer). As the pregnancy progresses more of the cervix get rubbed off baby or absorbed into the skin. Post-dates babies have basically none (maybe a bit in their armpits or groin creases) and their skin starts peeling on their hands and feet because the cervix is gone. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone from around the Chicago area and going or considering going to the Chicago baby show? www.chicagobabyshow.com wasn't sure if it was worth going to. 
  • Options
    So parent magazine had an article in today's daily email about Pre-E. I didn't realize that PCOS ups my chances... 
  • Options
    So parent magazine had an article in today's daily email about Pre-E. I didn't realize that PCOS ups my chances... 
    Wow.  I didn’t realize that.  
  • Options
    hellopartyof5hellopartyof5 member
    edited July 2018
    I've gone into nesting craziness and didns huge purge of my closet. Why I kept so many uncomfortable shoes, I'm really not sure. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    @hellopartyof5 I have been getting that way. I went to put stuff away in my underwear drawers and be ended up organizing them and tossing stuff.
  • Options
    Regarding not having any baby experience, that was me with my first baby. It's not too hard to figure out. The first few months it's just boobs and sleep and crying and the occasional milk puke. If you have lots of love, support from loved ones, some common sense, and a smart phone you'll survive.
    This cracked me up!

It totally needs to be on “essential baby gear” lists, but I have never seen it there before!
  • Options
    @jweber4747 omg just at the July BMB. That’s made everything so real and terrifying lol. Ahhh
  • Options
    This is the first full month of DH being on his new salary from his change in jobs, I'm realizing just how much I need to tighten our belts. (he's getting roughly $400 less a month) Especially after our vacation. I'm really hoping some OT will present itself soon, but it's a catch-22. We want to file for a child support adjustment, but they take 2 months of check stubs and include OT. So we want to be conscious of not doing too much OT before we file (after baby comes). I guess it'll stop me from buying too much baby stuff we don't really need.