July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 7/2

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/2

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy 4th everyone! I hope you all stayed cool today (and all this week, ugh). I've just been lurking the past couple of weeks but wanted to pop on and give a big fat congratulations on the new babies being announced. Such sweet little angels! 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 love those thread ideas!
    @wildtot sorry you are having a difficult day and for your loss :( hugs mama

Congrats @julianne0 and @BrittG13
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Ugh I just got up to pee after being asleep a couple hours and when I got up from the toilet I felt a small gush of fluid down my leg and totally had the dreaded “was that pee, discharge, or amniotic fluid??” Moment. Still not entirely sure but guessing it was pee. Guess I’ll see if I feel anything with my next bathroom trip in a couple hours, but of course now I have heartburn and it’s keeping me awake. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Good for you mama for trying to get a handle on it so quickly and rationally. That's so hard to do. Good luck juggling at the appointment! 
    Micah      <3 10/2015
  • Options
    @zande2016 I hope it was something, I know you wanna get things rolling! @lindsayleigh1989 awesome job getting a handle on everything so quick! The self talk and what have you is so hard with the hormones but your meds will kick in soon! I found that just knowing it would be easier eventually helped me as I waited for my Zoloft to kick in a few weeks ago.

I am so so so so so tired right now guys, I slept like a log. Fell asleep during Harry Potter last night and could barely peel myself off the couch for night time routines! Didn't even pretend to read a book after I got to bed and was out like a light. I got out of bed first because DH hasn't been sleeping well with the heat so trying to give him a few days of being the sleep in person, but I am ready to lay back down on the couch, lol. My body feels like I did an intense workout and I just laid in teh sun all day. Definitely calls for a low key day at the library and maybe a small dog walk since its not already 80 outside right now, lol.
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 hugs to you and so glad you're already trying to stay ahead of the ppa/ppd. You sound good from your post, tho, if that counts for anything.

Afm, I can't wait for this afternoon (OB appt)!! Also, it's still hot and I wish we could bring a baby pool into our office so sit in all day. Being at home in the hot weather isn't bad because our A/C works and we have the pool, but the office is on the 2nd floor in a non-air conditioned building with window units in my bosses' offices that kind of do the job for all of us...kind of don't. Whatever. I have a desk job so I just sit all day if I choose to and leave the fan on me. Gotta finish some projects today and I will feel good about having a baby this weekend, if she decides to show up. Or, I have another easy week next week. I am working until I go into labor...hopefully while at work because that's a good story haha

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    Second random: DH is being so obnoxious right now. I just realized I work Saturday am and have a haircut appt that same day, basically at the same time. I am scheduled for a bang trim, eyebrow wax, and haircut but don't need the haircut so was asking DH if he wanted to take it. He kept saying no adamantly yesterday before I realized I worked, and I was like why are you being so ridiculous about this. Basically, I think he already new I had a hair appt and had to work at the same time and that he would have to take DS with him which would be hard for a full on hair cut, but didn't say anything to me. I just had an epiphany about it out loud and he was like, "Yep, you work and have a haircut." And I'm like, if you knew this whole time but it was apparent that I did not know, why did you not remind me? And if you didn't know, why are you making it sound like you did because now I am annoyed with you!
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @SmashJam ugh I would be so pissed at DH if he did that!
  • Options
    @SmashJam wtf is with that?? Sorry you have to miss your appt tho. That stinks.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @SmashJam Ugh. So frustrating. Why do men have zero common sense sometimes! Lol. 
    Micah      <3 10/2015
  • Options
    @SmashJam that is irritating! My H will do things kinda like that. Obviously I’m not understanding something and he’s just letting me look more and more stupid until I realize it. Grr! 

Ive been lurking a lot because I’m kind of over life I think. And I have zero energy. And it’s hot. But I’m thinking a lot about you ladies and love titting my support! 

@lindsayleigh1989 I’m glad you’re being proactive about your mental health! You will totally rock the dr appointment today! It’s always a little tricky with more than one but you can do it! 
  • Options
    @smashjam nope it was definitely just more pee coming out, or TMI maybe some semen from earlier. But then when I got back into bed I was having BH and cramps every few mins and was waiting to see if they regulated but I guess they didn't because I fell asleep. Then this morning I had diarrhea twice and was like maybe today's the day! But let's be honest I probably just had too many hot dogs yesterday. Re your H, mine totally does shit like that all the time. So obnoxious. Is this your first day at the new job? 

@hillbillywife I feel the same way - no energy and over life. I'm not even due for another week and seriously have so much respect for women who go to 42 weeks because I'm dying here. 

@lindsayleigh1989 I hope the meds help and everything settles soon! I had baby blues with my son and for 2 weeks I cried every night and then one day it just went away. Those hormones can do crazy things. Hugs! 
  • Options
    Last night I went to bed freshly showered on clean sheets in clean jammies and looking forward to a good night's sleep... 2 year old was up every hour until 3 am... 4 year old was up coughing at 530. Gave him his meds and brought him to bed with bed... Barfed all over me and my clean sheets. Ugh.. 
  • Options
    @wildtot sorry for your loss, and sorry your husband is acting clueless. I really do hope he starts to straighten out soon. I read a lot of your posts and it reminds me so much of my husband's antics.

The swelling in my hands and feet is seriously out of control. My feet look like balloons and the tops hurt so badly, like the skin is going to start tearing. My last pregnancy was nothing like this towards the end... I am actually looking forward to sleeplessness over this pain :( I can't even put regular shoes on anymore, or socks for that matter.

Meanwhile my husband keeps trying to one up me anytime I say that I am hurting. He has to try and convince me that he us just so much worse off. If he needs something he sends me off to get it, whether it's two feet away or if it requires a trip to the store. The difference is, his issues could have been helped months ago through physical therapy and/or surgery which he elected not to do either. Now he is talking about finally getting the surgery now that the baby is due :/
  • Options
    @cseley321 I am down to one pair of ugly shoes because of swelling! I can’t wait to throw them away and never look at them again! also, my DH waited on knee surgery after DS was born. Why do men drag their feet on getting things done?
  • Options
    @chaser61 that is exactly what my husband is looking to have done, freaking knee surgery. Yeah, let me tell you how excited I am at the prospect of having to take care of a newborn, a toddler, and him at the same time. I told him back when I first got through the 1st trimester that he needs to do it soon....
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 lol poop explosion. I remember having one with DS and shot out like 5’! Hope the meds make you feel better! I start my anxiety meds today. 
    Trying to catch up on here, it’s been a couple exhausting days.
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    Ugh....I have had zero productivity on work work today. I'm stuck in this cycle of sitting down to getting something done for work and then finding something to do around the house. I guess I'll go down to the French Bakery down the street after lunch. I did that Monday morning and I was super productive. I guess this will have to be my strategy for the next few weeks.
  • Options
    +1 to swelling, being uncomfortable, being over it ALL. Getting texts every day asking on progress is really starting to piss me off.
     I woke up yesterday from a nap to texts that Ayesha Curry had her baby..she’s like 3 weeks early. I legit cried at the jealousy and the feeling of being pregnant forever. Spent the rest of the day bouncing on an exercise ball. 
    I did wake up this morning to the fact DH did all the dishes we had left out last night before he went to work. Sweet sweet man. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    @wildtot sorry for your loss and DH being a speedy TW on top of it
    @cseley321 was the uptick in swelling sudden? might want to give nurse line a call :-/ I read a stupid clickbait article this week about 20 things pregnant women still think are safe - complete trash - and one was wearing flipflops is dangerous because they have no support and are slippery - um nothing else fits you TW and even if I loosen my sneaks all the way, who's going to tie them for me!?

+1 for husband pissing me off - 2 days in a row he makes passive aggressive comments about DD needing something while sitting there playing a stupid game on his phone... I was asleep/couldn't hear her, but guess who had to get up and take care of her because he's "in the middle of something"? It's a phone game, dude, not brain surgery.  Then today I was supposed to have a crazy day of meetings and he pisses me off at 830 with a honey-do list of all this shit he wants to make sure I talk to the GC about and make sure I call the stone people again and get that scheduled asap - DUDE, get out of my face or email the guy on your phone while you poop.  He decided Tuesday night that we should get a wine fridge for me - after the cabinets are all in and electrical was done weeks ago.  I told him it was too late and he gives me shit about obviously I don't want one that badly because I won't even ask the contractor and he was just doing it for me since he doesn't even drink wine.  Well he's totally acting like the love child of both our mom's right now and i want to punch him in the balls.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @cseley321 Ugh I am in the same-ish boat with DH and the one upping on hurting. Although now at least if I give him a look when he is complaining he says "of course nothing compared to you". His knee has been hurting him for almost 2 years and he finally went to an orthopedist who diagnosed him and he needs surgery which will put him out of commission for a few weeks in terms of putting weight on that leg. Due to the timing of everything he won't do it until after the baby is born which is fine, as long as he gets it done so that he can be back on his feet by the time I'm done with Maternity Leave. I'm fine having to handle it, but having to deal with it when I have to go back to work and rely on him for Daycare dropoffs and a more active baby while working full time will be a bit much.
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 I need to steal that first pic and just reply to everyone with it. I’ve basically put myself in confinement...successfully too. Didn’t go to any parties or see any family yesterday. It was glorious. 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.

• Options
    I just met with my midwife and told her about my 3 lbs of water weight suddenly gained and she was not concerned. She just said to drink more water. Not that I am advocating not to get checked but the increase can be normal too. My heart rate and baby’s were just fine.

@rachelsogo I am with you. My mom thinks it is funny to say “did that baby come yet?” I finally said that the question was going to get annoying considering I could go to August 1. I feel bad being a little snappy. My coworker keeps asking how I am feeling and saying that there is no way I will be that late. How does she know?!? I mean, I wouldn’t complain if baby came tomorrow but I have zero signs of labor and my due date is not until the 19th. I am trying to figure out a nice way to tell her to shut it.
  • Options
    @rachelsogo we didn't go to any parties either but I totally would love some space from DH and DD too - she slimed me with her head cold so I'm sitting here with my throat on complete fire despite having no tonsils and miserable AF and hating everyone.  There's family cookouts the next two weekends and I keep trying to send DH and DD without me - no way I'm going, but it would be a couple hours of peace.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No joke, I've been getting approximately 5 or 6 calls/texts from everyone and their mom each day for the last couple weeks.  Even my own brother can't stop checking in.  My SIL, who has two kids, texted me some "tips" to get things going.  Because I haven't been googling the crap out of this myself for the last month.
  • Options
    So maybe I'm being super b****y here but my mom is seriously on my last nerve right now. 
    A little back story: My bio mom was crap when I was growing up.. she threw me out at 14 years old and the lady that took me in is who I call mom and consider my mom because she was there for me in every way my bio mom never was. My bio mom is super jealous of the relationship I have with the lady I consider my mom, and in bad moments I've reminded her why that relationship is the way it is. When my DS was born 6 years ago she was so angry I wouldn't let her in the delivery room with DH and myself that she chose to basically forfeit a relationship with her grandson. I don't beg people to be in my kids lives, and in all honesty it's my job to protect my son from the hurt I know she is capable of. So I never pushed a relationship and kept the door open at her own request. I never pushed the relationship nor tried to plan things out of fear my son would wind up hurt. My mom is super close with her other 2 grandsons and takes them often to do things.

FF to now.  We just had the first girl on both sides of the family and now my mom wants to play super mom and I feel like it's because it's the first girl. Shes calling me every day, asking to stop by every other day, what can I help with etc. I'm so annoyed.. I feel like she means well but it's so unfair to my son and while he doesn't even realize it seriously breaks my heart. I have asked her why all of a sudden shes interested and she said she regrets not being there for DS in the same way. I constantly remind her there's no score to settle and she gets mad thinking i feel that way. I'm used to her being an absent mother so maybe that's why I'm so annoyed, idk but I truly feel like it's mostly because the baby is a girl she issuddently interested and it kills me.

** didn't see a BF thread lol
  • Options
    @gingerbride26 nah it started around 34 weeks. Last week my OB actually sent me to the hospital for an US on my legs to check for clots because they are so ridiculously large.
  • Options
    Yup I’m not even due for a week and my office manager has been texting me every single day: any news? Just checking in. Baby yet? Ughhh shut up! I can’t just ignore her since I’m still working but I literally just respond “still pregnant” now. Efffff offff. 
  • Options
    @zande2016 Does that person think you would respond back with, “yes I am in labor or oh yes, pushing the baby out right now but I am happy to email you back any time.” It always feels like people are trying to get into your personal business.

@kbernal2021 I don’t have experience with what you are going through but I would be skeptical too. Your DS will be wondering why that woman is in his sisters life but never his. I don’t think they are old enough at 6 to understand these situations. I would say take all the time to think it over. 
  • Options
    nimmlenimmle member
    @zande2016 Ugh I know what you mean with the coworkers. I feel like every 2 seconds it's like "heeyyyyy, so how's working from home?" "What's going on?" "How Ya feeling?" "Feeling anything yet?" I just want be like - Bitch, I'm still 3 weeks away from due date. Chillllllll.
  • Options
    kbernal2021 I don't think you are being a B - hell even someone I was on the BEST terms with I wouldn't want calling every day and over every other day right after new baby!  I have a strained relationship with my mother and get a bit sensitive about how she treats DD (only 2 right now); if DS isn't noticing it, I wouldn't bring attention to it and try to just go with it - but honestly not sure If i could do that myself.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    SmashJamSmashJam member
    edited July 2018
    @kbernal2021 I am sorry you are so frustrated with her! That's a hard situation. Maybe start with something small and inconsequential she could help with and see if she comes through? That might help you figure out if she's in it for the right reasons or just gonna be a flake? I dunno. Hugs to you!

Big hugs to all the miserable mommas who are overdue/close to overdue/just over it. I haven't hit that stage yet but I'm sure I will and I know you you feel! We're all almost there!

My son and I went to the library today. He needed to go potty, went in, got himself on the toilet with no stool, and told me to get out. Peed, flushed, washed and pulled his pants up and opened the door. Guess he doesn't need me anymore! *cue tears lol

ETA: a local bar just advertised their own local brand of CBD oil is available to be added to draft beers for $3. Is that even safe? CBD in beer? I guess there isn't any THC since that's DEFINITELY not legal here but still. Seems odd?

Since there wasn't any bitchfest thread I'll bitch too! In spoiler about my bro.

My bro has been kicked out of his apartment he shares iwth his wife and daughter by his wife and she is going to file for legal separation sometime this week. He's been staying at my dad's and yesterday she called my dad because my bro was drunk and being an asshole and was like, "I don't want him here, I'm kicking him out, he has to stay with you from now on come get him." He did. This morning my dad texted her and was like, " Hey, dropping him off on my way to work" She said, "No, he's not welcome here, I work all day and Kid is asleep." My dad says, "You can't do that until legal separation" and she was like, "i'm filing today." and he said, "it doesn't happen that fast." And she was basically like IDGAF don't bring him here. My dad drops him off anyway and just leaves without saying anything. THen my dad calls me and was like, "she's confusing I didn't know she didn't want him there and for him to move out!" And then my SIL sends me screen shots of their convo (how i have the text of the convo from above) and his like, this is pretty clear. So I tell my dad "Dude, get him out of there when you get off owrk, grab his stuff and don't ever take him back there." He was finally like, ok ok I will but come on! Get it together dad! THen my bro is like, "I deserve a conversation with you instead of you just blocking me out." And I was like, no, no you do not, you earn the convesation I have nothing to say to you after you threatened to ruin my life with federal prison (not happening). And so the drama continues....He no call/no showed at work yesterday so now he has no job.