July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/2

123457»

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/2

• @d_marie_23 Sorry you received less than favorable news. FWIW My dad and one of my bros share a bday because my mom had to be induced, and they always had fun sharing celebrations.

@kbernal2021 ugh, what a nightmare. Exactly the scenario I want to avoid. I'm nervous enough as it is, and a bunch of intrusive family would just make it so much worse!
  • Loading the player...
  • ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited July 2018
    @d_marie_23 that’s so crazy. I found out our baby boy dropped to the 6th percentile for weight today as well! They’re inducing me tonight though. 

Good luck with your induction! 
  • @noideawhatshesdoing you will do great mama! Good vibes your way as you get ready to finally meet your LO, and that you have a quick and easy delivery!

@d_marie_23 & @ashbub714 FWIW my baby girl showed 47% my entire pregnancy and was born at 6th percentile for her gestation age.  She is tiny but healthy. They monitored her blood sugars for the first 24 hours and all came back well. She avoided any time in the NICU as well. Hope this eases your mind a little after receiving your news today 
  • sm05-2sm05-2 member
    Congratulations @acunamatada and good luck @ashbub714!

Sorry to be so behind in the thread, but I am wishing everyone well!
  • Congrats @acunamatada!!

Thank you ladies! 

@kbernal2021 that does help ease my mind some! I’m glad your baby girl is fine despite her size!
  • @zande2016 I forgot about the eggplant parmesan! What about that makes you go into labor, I cant remember.
  • I know I’ve been virtually silent the last couple weeks but I’ve been keeping up and I need to bitch for a second (and no I didn’t get my ice cream last night- I ate it as lunch dessert today instead) 

Anyways, my bff had a baby in April and she’s making me irritable. She had her baby early and then went on to say how she’s just “so glad” that she didn’t have to wait until her baby was actually due, knowing full well that I was at least a week late with both of mine. And now that I’m 39 weeks I’m officially pregnant longer than she was and she said “I can just imagine how uncomfortable it is to be pregnant at this point.” Like wth I’m like 4 days more pregnant than you were.. AND she literally won the baby lottery. Has had exactly zero issues (which, yes I don’t wish a difficult or ill baby on anyone), but my parenthood journey has been like riding a bike with square wheels and it’s irritating that her worst days are my easiest days. 
  • @smashjam I actually have no idea, I tried googling to see if there was something in eggplant that does it, but all I could find is it might stimulate the intestines. So basically it makes you poop? Lol I’m sure it’s an old wives tale but it’s one of my favorite foods so I figured why not. 

@hillbillywife I’m sorry you’re dealing with an insensitive friend. I’m right there with you with one of my friends. At this point in pregnancy it’s really best if all our friends and family would just shut up and bring us ice cream and clean our houses. As my husband has learned at
    this point.

• @zande2016 thanks! I agree! I have a huge sink full of dishes that someone needs to rake care of and I keep hoping that it’s not me! I don’t think I’ll get so lucky.. 

also FX you go into labor tonight after that successful mucous plug loss! Lol
  • stillcozystillcozy member
    edited July 2018
    @acunamatada congrats!!
    @ashbub714 thinking of you! praying you have an easy and smooth induction!

Also you ladies are seriously the best!  He didn't apologize but I think he realized what a dick he was being and ended uo being more nice. It is mainly because his brother is here. i swear they both revert back into selfish self centered high schoolers when they are together. MIL has been amazing she brought food for every meal to make! She also has helped a ton and every night offers to watch the kiddos so dh and I can either go out briefly or go for a walk. It has been so nice.  

I'm thinking of those of you still pregnant those last few weeks are hell but you are close and can do it!! 

for mama's with babies already how is your pp bleeding? I am still gushing a few times a day. I don't remember ever doing that with dd1 but i din't remember much except I bled for at least a month off and on if not longer.  I think I'm overdoing it though. I'm not soaking pads or anythinf but I think I'm still in the pregnancy mindset of blood being a danger sign. 

@hillbillywife um yeah that would drive me insane! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• omg, I'm 35 years old and still embarrassed by my mother. We were out to dinner and she started talking about cervix checks and MP and all sorts of otherwise not dinner conversation. I shut it down pretty quickly by reminding her other people at the restaurant don't want to hear about these things while trying to enjoy their nachos. Left to use the restroom and on my way back could hear her asking DH about my cervix check on Tuesday from 3 tables away.  And it was a loud place, we intentionally took her to a local dance hall/saloon because it's hard to talk in there and I knew she'd try to ask. She has zero boundaries.  

@hillbillywife I second what @chaser61 said, seems like your friend totes has it covered and should come clean your house for you.
  • @lindsayleigh1989 I'm 10 days out and my bleeding has slowed way down. Its following the same trend it did with my first. The dr told me to watch my bleeding for signs of overdoing it though. They said the bleeding can be sporadic but if its slowing down and changing color and then all of a sudden its picked up and turned red again then you are probably doing too much. I have felt pretty good as far as recovery goes and decided to try to sweep & mop today on top of taking my son for his haircut and a trip to the store and while I felt fine my bleeding picked up quite a bit and I realized I likely overdid it. 

• @zande2016 I googled it and its the herbs and garlic! The eggplant parm part was because of a place called Scalinis in GA I think. I guess oregano, basil and garlic are all supplements to avoid during pregnancy because they irritate the uterus. So I guess keep eating super flavorful italian food and it might irritate the ute?

@lindsayleigh1989 I'm glad he realized he was being ridiculous. My DH and his bro act like goofy high schoolers around each other too. Sometimes its cute and funny and sometimes its very obnoxious.
  • My dog is the most annoying thing in my life atm. No, u can't come up on the couch, stop begging!

And, I have to clean my house today. It's a disaster. But I also don't have much motivation to actually do the work myself. 

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Thanks for all the reassurance, ladie. All your kind words definitely helped to settle some nerves. 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @zande2016 omg now i want eggplan parm so bad... i make an awesome one but have no kitchen...MIL makes a good one...but so not driving the 45 min there just for eggplant....though....

@hillbillywife oh no i will totally go there - i have in rage moments wished tough labors or babies on insufferable pregnant people before, in a karma sort of way.  Of course not major complications or ill babies, but there is a special circle of hell for mom shamers and insensitive TW who should know better.  Total believer in karma coming back to bite you.  It actually happened to a friend of mine - my entire pregnancy with DD she called to "compare" and was so happy to be winning with her practically symptom free pregnancy, then when it came to labor hers was a rough induction, mine was an easy induction, and she's never called me again 2 years later.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker