July 2018 Moms

Weekday Randoms 7/2

Re: Weekday Randoms 7/2

• @kissableviv he might trying to start cluster feeding! I was reading old posts of mine from when DS was born and I wrote about DS doing that at 3 days.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • I’m so exhausted that if my eyes look down at something I immediately begin to close my eyes. It’s discharge day and hope that having my mom here will be a blessing and not have any drama. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @emsnedds I just read your birth story and teared up multiple times.  Congratulations!

I dozed off multiple times during my massage yesterday and once or twice even woke myself because I started to snore.  LOL
  • gingerbride26gingerbride26 member
    edited July 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 OH HELL NO - my actual reaction below.  DH sometimes does the same thing - I was thinking about either doing a vlog of the reality of being home and what we do (including the meltdowns) or writing out a legit list to show him - this is what I do when you aren't here.  Also - I totally would have said "they're your parents, you deal with them" but my MIL makes me ragey so I'm biased.

@SmashJam I was going to ask the same thing as @zande2016.  I do know a lot of women who didn't go back because of daycare costs, but I have heard nanning or nanny sharing can be cost effective - my boss swears by nanny and always throws me shade for putting my kids in daycare.  You need to think too about which job you want to do more if money is equal though. You sounded so excited about the leadership position that I'd hate you to take the library job for equal take-home but reduced satisfaction or future growth once all the kiddos are in school.

AFM I went a bit nuts last night - was screaming at everyone and stress cleaning - DH was looking at me with the eyes of a man staring down a raging rhino. He kept trying to get me to sit down - DD wanted nothing to do with me, house is a mess, nothing is done - so i yelled at him to just let me stress clean like I've wanted to for months. I may get down on hands and knees and scrub that DISGUSTING master bathroom while he's at work so he can't stop me...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MichelleAG05 LOL! Guess I better get my ass in gear on the FMLA paperwork! I'm only 36+3 :-P though the PM in me does admit it would work out way better with the construction timeline if he came Sunday or Tuesday.  Countertop people come Monday for the template and then we have 10 days of downtime waiting for stone fabrication....enough time to have baby and get back home and some semblance of order before finishing work on kitchen!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So my doula just notified me that she is out of town July 13 through the 17th, and I am due on the 19th. She has a back up and I know her. I am sure she will do a good job but I am still a little annoyed.  Maybe I would have preferred her to tell me when I booked her or at least as soon as she knew? Her backup is a midwife/doula that does home births (she has her own business with two other midwives). There is some history between them and the midwives at my birth center. I don’t know much about it but the backup  has made comments about not liking each other... Sounds like some of them worked at my birth center and then left on bad terms. Maybe I should talk to my doula about it to ease my mind.  My husband thinks that they will all be professional and it is a done deal. I started crying...maybe I am just over tired and hormonal.
  • @chaser61 my OB informed me he would be out of town the week prior to my induction, which ended up being the week I spontaneously went into labor. Thinking I would make it to my induction I was fine with that, but the thought of going into labor on my own and him not being my delivering dr made me seriously sad. And then it happened and all I cared about was my baby getting here safely and in the best hands. His practice has several amazing drs and I knew at the end of the day any of them would be great to do the job. The nurses at the hospital reassured me the dr delivering would be just as good as my ob. My baby girl came out with her cord around her neck and the dr was so amazing at keeping DH and I calm through that as well. Try not to stress too much on who will deliver and try to focus on your birth plan and remind your nurses of that so it's the best possible environment for YOU and baby!
  • nimmlenimmle member
    Congrats @acunamatada!! What a cutie!
  • @kbernal2021 You are right, even if they did snap at each other I probably wouldn’t even notice while in labor! 

Congrats @acunamatada I love the cheeks!
  • Congrats @acunamatada!! She’s precious!! 
  • Yay congrats @acunamatada!! @chaser61 I’d be annoyed. You choose a doula based on their experience and a report you build with them, and in my opinion they should tell you before booking of any plans to be out of town around your due date. Also any contract you sign with them should guarantee availability for the 2 weeks before and after your due date. Yes it’s normal and fine to have a backup for emergencies but it’s not right to just plan to be out of town after you already booked them. Not trying to make you feel worse about it, but it seems wrong to me. I’d definitely meet with the back up doula. And maybe read over your contract (if you have one). 
  • Congrats @acunamatada she’s adorable! 

Also @chaser61 I would be upset about your doula not informing you when you confirmed plans with her and hired her. This reminds me of my best friend’s wedding planner who was out for two weeks before her wedding and didn’t tell her until she was already paid in full. Just kind of deceitful. that being said, at this point I would express my disappointment but also stay positive about the plan in place with the backup. You don’t want to get yourself too worked up (although I would be) and just look forward and trust her backup will do a great job. 
  • OMG, my mom needs to stop f-ing telling me to stop working/driving. My work and my commute are not difficult at all. Being home with the kids is way harder. JFC, stop texting me. "Listen to mom" she says. Yeah okay.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • @zande2016 The contract says she is required to find a back up if she becomes unavailable for any reason so the two weeks before and after are not guaranteed in our contract. I didn’t even think to put that in because I assumed she would just tell me when she is unavailable ahead of time. She said she is going to a family reunion so I am curious when that all got planned. I don’t think there is anything I can do besides excepting the backup.
  • congrats @acunamatada!
    @chaser61 while I agree with @kbernal2021 that the dr doesn't matter as much during push-time, I 100% agree with @zande2016 - I've never had a doula but understand this is supposed to be a support person from end to end of labor and on top of that you're PAYING this person to be there.  Totally think she should have been upfront and it's unprofessional to just spring it on you at this point.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @chaser61 ugh I’d also be wondering when that got planned. When I hired my doula she told me flat out she had a vacation planned around my due date, and she made me meet her backup before deciding if I wanted to hire her. Turns out I love both her and her backup and I honestly have no preference of one over the other so I hired them, but you should have that knowledge and option up front. At this point though I’d definitely make the most of it, and meet with the backup so you can get to know her just in case. 
  • @acunamatada congrats! She's adorable! 

@chaser61 I agree I'd be super annoyed because you obviously chose her for a reason and what if you go early? She should have informed you earlier at the very least, but probably should have not booked it until after you went, unless its a crazy family emergency.

@zande2016 @gingerbride26 I am definitely looking into a nanny, although not sure how to do it so I'm gonna talk to the ladies who are nannies at one of the playgroups I go to. I have to either take both or just the library job (both would still give me two days off) because the leadership job would take all my money for daycare at the salary they quoted me. 
  • Congratulations @acunamatada!!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Congratulations @acunamatada, she's gorgeous!
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @flockofmoosen3 ugh time to silence her text thread? Mine called last night in the middle of my rage spiral/stress cleaning and apparently took offense to my tone so I don't figure I'll hear from her again until after baby comes.
    @kbernal2021 I swore I was going to keep a list or start a letter to my daughter of the things I promise not to do when she has kids...think this time I need to start a letter to my future daughter in law
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @smashjam that makes sense...child care is so expensive and stressful, I have to find someone for the Fall for one day a week and I'm already stressed thinking about it. 

@flockofmoosen3 I hear ya on the annoying texts. I just posted the screen shot in the things people say to pregnant women thread, but my friend just complained to me about her PERIOD CRAMPS to "make me  feel better" about not having the baby yet. I almost threw my phone against the wall. 
  • Congratulations @acunamatada !! She’s beautiful! 
  • @zande2016 aw poor her...TRY HAVING PERIOD LIKE CRAMPS AND A WEIGHTY BASKETBALL STRAPPED TO YOUR STOMACH.
  • I’m loosing my patience with H. I asked him multiple times if he wanted breakfast. He kept saying no that he’ll grab something from the complimentary stuff they had outside the nursery. He got an orange juice and chocolate muffin. Now it’s almost 2 pm and he’s complaining about how irritable he is because he’s hungry. As we leave the hospital to the pharmacy he’s driving nuts and complaining about everything. Driving around because he can’t find something he feels like eating. Like seriously be an adult and deal with the consequences. I got my own pains to deal with as he’s driving and just want to get home to lay down and feed baby. I don’t have time for a man baby right now. 
  • Congrats @acunamatada!  She’s so adorable and I love her name!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • nimmlenimmle member
    edited July 2018
    @ashbub714 Wow 3 weeks to tonight? That's a huge change! What was the reasoning if you don't mind my asking?
  • @noideawhatshesdoing I don’t blame you in the tiniest bit for your lie. We are doing the same thing. Only told my mom about our induction scheduled for next week because she’s watching our son. Don’t want family waiting around at the hospital for me to birth, sorry not sorry. Saw family a couple days ago and just said “baby could Come anytime, that’s all we know.” 

Good luck @ashbub714

• @zande2016 at least I'm in good company then! My family is over dramatic and has no sense of boundaries and I'm looking forward to keeping my stress levels down as much as possible. 
  • @nimmle he’s measuring pretty small - only 5lbs 3oz at 37 weeks so they’re concerned my placenta may be fizzling out on giving him nourishment. That was strike one as the doctor put it. Strike two is my BP has been higher. He said since I’m 37 weeks he would rather take him out and address the growth issue than leave him in there and risk something going wrong.
  • Yay for all the babies! Congrats mommys’ 
  • @noideawhatshesdoing totally dont blame you for your lie. I told DH if we ever had another I would not tell anyone if I went into labor or the date I was being induced whichever happened first. Everyone knew my induction date but not the time because they said they would be in the waiting room. When I went into labor on my own at 3 am I only told my FIL because I needed him to pick up DH from the airport, but didn't specify not to relay the information. Well at 6-7 am my entire family was calling ME and asking for updates, and my FIL mother shows up at the hospital and into my delivery room, and my bio mom followed right behind her. I was so aggravated I didn't even talk to them and closed my eyes while they were talking to me. They never got the hint but the nurse asked them to leave after she saw I was irritated.
  • nimmlenimmle member
    @ashbub714 I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck tonight, I hope everything goes smoothly and you can get your baby boy the care he needs!!
  • Congratulations @acunamatada ! She's perfect! 

Just had my growth scan and not so favorable news. Baby Boy dropped to the 6th percentile so we are inducing on Wednesday, which is also husband's birthday. I so badly want to push to Friday, is that terrible? Lol. The 13th is a super sentimental number for my family, it's Friday the 13th which is always lucky for me, and it's also a new moon and DS was born under a full moon so I like that. I'm still trying to process it, though. He's healthy so this shouldn't be freaking me out, but it's really making me so nervous and emotional. Why do I feel so shell shocked? 
    Ziggy       <3 07/2018-08/2018 <3
    Micah      <3 10/2015
    #recurrentpregnancylossawareness
  • @d_marie_23 sorry for the not great news - how does DH feel about having a birthday buddy? I don't think it sounds terrible - if dr's aren't doing the induction earlier can't be emergent!

I just sent the fam off to the in-law's for dinner 45 min away - i plan on laying here, ordering a pizza and either reading a book or re-binging Glee - which all means I'm totally half expecting my water to break as it would be the MOST inopportune time.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ashbub714 I hope all goes smoothly with your induction! And @noideawhatshesdoing no shame in that lie at all! Good luck tomorrow I'm so excited for you! @d_marie_23 sorry for the not so great news! So exciting that you guys all get to meet your littles soon though!