July 2018 Moms
Options

Weekday Randoms 2/12-2/16

Re: Weekday Randoms 2/12-2/16

• Options
    Will do in the morning.. tx
  • Options
    Alright, I will thanks.. Just recently joined so I'm trying to figure things out on here.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 its not different for android. It sucks I'm assuming for the same reason it does for Apple users- because you can't see notifications so you just have to read through all the threads with the yellow next to them but I'm on the app often and its not horrible to navigate. 
  • Options
    Hope everyone feels better soon! This cold season has been the worst!!!

@lindsayleigh1989 I have android and notice that there are times the pinned posts do not stay put, other times, they are where they should be. Although the drive-bys make me want to yell, "READ THE RULES", I find helping, especially the ftm, gives a better opportunity to show them that we want them to participate however there are guidelines to abide by. The drive-bys that are obviously trolls, I'm all for QFP and meme time. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    please tell me someone else is having the random puking 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 No :/ hope that stops real soon. I've had a pretty boring pregnancy so far. How long has it been going on?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I pretty much only use the app too (also an Apple user). And reallllyy aren’t you reading the name of the threads as you’re scrolling through to find the one you want to be irritating in? The **read first** doesn’t make you think, “hmmmm, maybe I should read this first?” 
  • Options
    @gspmom21 off and on for the last few weeks but it doesn't feel like the flu because it comes on so random and suddenly

• Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 I'm with you on both random drive-bys AND the random puking! I'm so sick of throwing up! I was good for a few days and then last night, throwing up my dinner...pure spaghetti with some sauce and no other liquid. The shit kept getting stuck in my throat. At least there wasn't any toilet water splashing back in my face this time. Yay...

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 That sucks about the puking, hope that ends for you soon. Yay for the great anatomy scan and baby girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and speaking of the using the bump app for forums... Is it actually working for your Android users? When I try Community through the app is just shows me a pineapple and says try again later... For weeks. I've resorted to the mobile website instead. Either way, they both navigate the same way if you realize that there is a dedicated bump month club board. Think maybe some of these drive-bys aren't going that far? The bump likes to feature random threads before you even click into a particular board and maybe that's where people stop and get confused about the rest of the threads?

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 that is crazy that it has done that for you. Also I forgot the bump does that but you can't just post discussions from seeing those threads can you? I feel like they would have to go looking for the proper month board and then decide to post a thread. 

I do think that if you looked up other pregnancy forums first this is literally the only one (of the ones I have been to) where we have a community and rules for posting. I can't even deal with the other ones I have looked at because its all random people posting random pictures and questions! I don't even know where to start or how to find answers if I did post a question! So sometimes I agree that a little redirection is needed in a nice way because people really don't bother to "read this first" lol and understand this isn't like all the others. Everyone who answers usually does a really good job mentioning that nicely. 
  • Options
    @flockofmoosen3 ugh flashback to the last time I ate Five Guys (thanks to that talk we all had a few weeks ago) and got sick later and that stuff gets so stuck in your throat when it comes back up, ugh.

@lindsayleigh1989 I hope it stops soon!
  • Options
    @mamamecha I love five guys... But not while pregnant. Well, maybe their fries would be good... With lots of water!

• Options
    I can't with the drive bys. I also tend to not address them because I personally don't think it's rocket science to navigate this community, though I understand it can get glitchy. 
  • Options
    I can't with TB app. I'm team mobile browser and computer browser all the way. 

Sometimes I'm nice to drive-bys, sometimes I'm down for a good flaming. Depends on the day and my mood  :D

@lindsayleigh1989 Oh no! I'm so sorry about the puking!!! Sending your stomach some calm, pepto-bismol vibes
  • Options
    So many drive bys lately. I don’t get it! 

@beanship totally depends on my mood too. I try to be nice, or at least have it read neutral, but when they get sassy all bets are off. 
  • Options
    dang it I was hoping this was semi normal and someone else could relate haha oh well and glad the rest of you are puke free! 

• Options
    @rachelsogo pregnancy app catfish 
  • Options
    @rachelsogo I was thinking the same thing
  • Options
    @SmashJam I made those bagels! So good! I think that recipe calls for too much flour though, I think I’ll tweak it next time. 
  • Options
    @lindsayleigh1989 Not sure if it’s normal, but yesterday I woke up to nauseous and with a belly ach *tmi* I was honestly not sure if I was going to poop my pants or throw up. I made it to the toilet and it ended up coming out the other end and I didn’t throw up. But for a solid 5 minutes, I held on to the garbage and sat on the toilet. 
    This was luckily the only instance of this but I’ve definitely still had bouts of nausea in the second tri. I haven’t thrown up this pregnancy though. When I told my husband, his guess was that it was from the ultrasound tech Monday pushing on my belly because he was fine. Who knows. But I hope you feel better soon!!
  • Options
    @paytonpedro oh no not fun!! I have had that same thing though this pregnancy. my OB thought the reason im having issues opposite of constipation is due to having my gallbladder removed a year ago and it can mess with your stomach without

• Options
    @paytonpedro TMI- I learned the hard way that if you have to choose between pooping in the toilet or puking in the toiled ALWAYS choose pooping. Always. Glad it wasn’t both for you, and hopefully it stays an isolated occurrence. 
  • Options
    mamaazimamaazi member
    edited February 2018
    Yayy! That'a awesome.. I can't wait to feel my bub move. FTM so it might be a while still
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Looking at swap groups on FB for a breast pump since I gave both of mine away for free last summer (smart move right?), and this lady is selling her unopened INSURANCE PROVIDED Medela for $125. Wtf, you got it for free, pass on the benefit. I may send her message asking her is she will give it to me for free....

ETA: I don't need it since I got one from a friend (that I hope works). And I won't actually ask this lady...just fantasizing. Still think it's a dick move tho.

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 she still might have had out of pocket expenses if she hadn’t met her deductible yet. Granted with having a delivery in the same year you would most likely meet your deductible, but all depends on your health plan and timing. Not saying that it’s the case in her situation, but I had an out of pocket cost for my insurance provided pump last time. 
  • Options
    True, and she could be in a situation where she needs the $. I get it...maybe I am more mad at myself for donating my pumps when I would need them again so soon, lol. My insurance now says it will only cover a single electric when last time they fully covered a double. 

• Options
    @flockofmoosen3 ugh I hope that isn’t the same with my insurance. I was planning on getting a new pump this time around. I have two old pumps but every time I asked if I could donate them people tell me no one will take them because they’re used. 

Btw when I went to tag you did you know there is a flockofmoosen2? So random!

imageimage

• Options
    ashbub714ashbub714 member
    edited February 2018
    @lindsayleigh1989 that’s so awesome! I can’t wait to feel my first kicks!

I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time this morning! It was so awesome and I’m so pumped! Now just a three week wait to get to see baby again and find out if it’s a boy or girl!!  <3

ETA: I’m seriously considering buying a Doppler now. Hearing baby was so amazing I want to do it all the time!
  • Options
    Ugh, I have a complaint. I am supposed to get paperwork for a blood draw and have not yet. I just called and...they haven't sent it. I can come next week because my ultrasound is the following week, so they said they would send it out today. They call back to tell me I am only scheduled for the first trimester screen. I told them that's not possible, because the midwife and I discussed coming back for the second round of bloodwork. So she checks...my midwife's notes say "Part 1 of sequential" but the paperwork she put in for checked "first trimester screen" so that's why my paperwork never went out. Now they dont' know if I can come back for the sequential, that there might not be enough time, so they are calling me back.  WTF?! this is like the third time I have had to call and remind them about something. Also, can't switch providers because the other option for a place to give birth in this area just announced they are merging their birth center with the hospital I am at now, starting JULY 16. So I am basically stuck here. It is super frustrating. So far the only "+" in the "large hospital birth" column is having a NICU. I'm just so annoyed I've had an experience where now I feel like that's necessary, and I am stuck being just another vagina shooting out a baby at a hospital I'm really starting to dislike, instead of going to the birth center where I have had two beautiful birth experiences and people know me. You know, minus the

.........TW not coming home with a baby part of the second birth END TW

End rant. RAWR.