October 2017 Moms

The Official Name Thread

Re: The Official Name Thread

• emgem819 said:
    So tonight I printed two copies of @carries2018's suggestion of top 1000 ss names of 2015 and DH and I both went through and circled our favs!  Here's what the consensus gives us:

girls:
    Avery
    Elena
    Livia
    Peyton
    Jocelyn

boys:
    Austin
    Logan
    Carter
    Colton

We are having twins and know one of them is a girl but don't know the others sex yet.  DH would love them to be same lettered if different sexes: so both Avery and Austin or Livia and Logan.  Anyone have any favs from our list?  

Thanks ladies!
    Livia and Logan. I personally would scratch Avery, Peyton and Carter.... Carter is too popular for my liking and the other sound a bit trendy.Other suggestions...

Jocelyn and Jonas, Jude, Joel, Jake

Austin and Allison (Allie)
  • @emgem819 I like Avery and Austin! I'm not a huge fan of Livia. It just seems like an incomplete version of Olivia. But it's not horrible- if you like Livia and Logan (LOVE Logan) better then roll with it.  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @dumbledoredies, @Knottie1447173547 , and @yenrec.  I appreciate you weighing in on those names.  Such a tough choice but maybe we'll have to just sleep on it for awhile and see where we land!  :)
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 if they are both girls i like Peyton and Jocelyn. i like how they both end in an "n" sound and the "e" and the "y" in both makes it feel balanced. for your boy/girl mix i like both options! sort of leaning towards avery and austin.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • I love Livia or just livie or even liv. I'm all about naming your kid what you're actually going to call them.  Not a huge fan of nicknames.  My neice is Olivia and I don't think we've ever actually called her that.  I cross off names that have a risk of nicknames..but that's just me!!
  • For a girl we are thinking either Wren (no middle name yet) or Rory Meg - meg as a middle name after my sister.  For a boy we are definitely naming him Lincoln Michael (Michael after my husband).   I get so nervous though because there are a bunch of friends having babies a few weeks to a month ahead of us and I'm so scared it will get taken.. I will be so sad :( 
  • dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited April 2017
    We've spent about 2 minutes discussing names, but so far my top choices are Lacy/Lacey with the middle name Jean or Elaine (both have family significance) and Adam with the middle name Daniel (DHs name). Our DD is Clara Mae. ETA middle names
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • @dogperson11, my DS is Adam. And I've been trying desperately to convince DH to name our baby (if it's a girl) Clara Mae!!! He doesn't like the name Clara though :( I love it!!!
  • @EMakowski i LOVE Lauren! i wanted it, but we already have a Leah so it was too close. plus we have a 4 letter theme going on i can't break on #3.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • @clanbuchanan15 My name is Kelly, but I also went to high school with a guy named Kelly. No one ever thought twice about it. If you like it for a boy, go for it!
  • EMakowski said:
    We have narrowed it down to 1 of each gender , however I am not sold that I love the girls name. 

Lauren or John.  

John after my dad and DH dad. 

We have a Makenna and Emma already so if we have a 3rd girl I wanted another name ending in A. 

I loved Amelia and Charlotte but my hubby turned down every name i liked.  I am secretly hoping for a boy because I would LOVE LOVE to name a child after my dad. 
    Lauren is a great name! Speaking from experience! I've only run into 4 other Laurens in my whole life. So I feel unique but also, nobody has trouble pronouncing or spelling it. It is the perfect middle! 
  • @ksf13 I really like those two together. Some of it might depend on the last name -- maybe if your last name is one syllable, a longer middle name might sound better? 
  • @winterecho  I love Xavier! I really wanted to use Isabella at one point but our last name is Sweet and my husband said the names together sounded like a question. Sweet is surprisingly hard to put names with. 

• KSweet said:
    @Knottie1447173547 We have a girl Avery (Avery Bronwyn) and we still love the name. I hear it's popular but we've only run into two others in her nine years. 
    I loved Avery and I loved Harper for a girl last time.  I wanted to do them together, Avery Harper, but just couldn't bring myself to it because of Grey's Anatomy.  I still love Avery and may use it if this is a girl to keep the A names going.
  • @mrs_fogue  Our first three kids have A names.....Alexander (would have been Alexandra if a girl), Avalon, and then Avery. Some people were genuinely annoyed with us when we named number four Eva instead of Ava, lol
  • @KSweet that's been my internal debate lately is do we stick with the A's or not.  My OCD just wouldn't allow us to stray once the tradition is started. 
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @KSweet Thank you! Our last name is two syllables, so I really feel like Claire still works. I'm going to try my hardest to get him to come around haha. I've decided I won't worry too much about convincing him until we find out for sure if baby is a boy or girl. ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We officially found out yesterday we are having a GIRL!! So of course we had decided on a boys name but not a girls so trying to look into girls names now.
    What we have:

Madelaine May (this is my husbands favourite so far)

Madelaine Margaret (my Grandmas name, but worried its all too long)

Maisie Margaret

Millie May/Margaret

Rosabel May

Audrey May/Margaret (I always wnted a girl called Audrey but my husband HATES it so I think im out of luck here :neutral: )

I have no idea why I seem to graduate towards M names...
  • I recently started liking the name Ezra. It's unique but DH doesn't like it. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • @Ninak I like the first two you mentioned, they both sound beautiful!!

@Maksim's Mom I thinks Ezra is an awesome name!! It caught my eye too but we are sticking with "M"s. 
  • Ezra is a family name for DH but it's also his brother's name (they all have family names) so we wouldn't use it. I love the name.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • I recently started liking the name Ezra. It's unique but DH doesn't like it. 
    I have a cousin who named her son Ezra, I like it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My son's name is Payton Xander. I have no idea what we will do for this one. I loved the name Harper when I was pg with DS, but it became ridiculously popular, still a possible middle name though because I love it. I loved the name Elijah but DH nixed it last pg and now we can't have a Payton and Eli haha, I also like Jacob but DH said it's too basic.  

• @nbcarlson Hahah I feel your pain — we have an Eli and love the name Peyton but can't use it either! 
  • If this baby is a boy I'd like to name him after my dad somehow. His name is Darrin (middle name is Barney and that's a no go). But hubby have vetoed Darrin and Arron and Jarron. Any suggestions?  
    It will probably be a girl though because we already have 3 so I'm starting to think that's all we make. Haha
  • @Ninak - I love Maisie! It was on my list but DH gave me the side eye. Soooooo guess it's off 

@Maksim's Mom I wanted Ezra, too, but DH knows enough about my guilty pleasure TV that he was not about to name a kid a character on Pretty Little Liars :smile: So there goes Aria, too. Boooooo
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn my DH didn't love it either
  • @natleilynn sorry the rest of my post disappeared! I meant to go on to say when I suggested  Maisie he looked at me and said he has literally never heard it before
  • @natleilynn OMG another PLL fan! Such a guilty pleasure. The pilot totally got me hooked. I love aria but Ezra is so cool...the name of course ;)
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • @Ninak that's why I loved it - it's simple but not common. I don't want a complicated name but I don't my kid to be 1 of 15 kids with the same name in school, either. Men. :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Maksim's Mom it's literally the only show I watch regularly. I don't feel like the last few seasons have been quite as good, but I'm so far invested at this point, I have to find out who all these A's are. I've read so many conspiracy theories and I don't know if there is any outcome that will not be a disappointment. I'm actually kind of hoping one of the liars is Uber A. There's some convincing theories out there that it's Aria. I feel like that's enough of a twist that I wouldn't be disappointed in the finale.

NEXT WEEK!!

Back to the names - I think Ezra is an awesome name. We haven't fully agreed on a boy name yet so I'm keeping it on the list. We may have to negotiate at some point so maybe I can use it as a bargaining chip :smile:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I went to high school with a guy named kelly and he got made fun of alot...but we also had several girls in our class named kelly.  I don't think it's as popular anymore so probably won't be much of an issue.  I feel like a lot more names are becoming gender neutral  (i.e Avery)