October 2017 Moms
Options

The Official Name Thread

Re: The Official Name Thread

• Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 I looooooove Elena. DH was like "meh" like with every other girl's name. Party pooper.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bluejeanbabi05 Umm... The Vampire Diaries is my jam. Haha. I didn't even read the books and only started watching the show a few years ago. It's my guilty teen-drama pleasure show.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    I don't know if you have watched any of the spin-off series The Originals, but I was trying to get DH on board with Freya for awhile too. No shame. ;)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Great show ;) DH side eyes me when I watch it, but he watches shows like "locked up abroad" and "I almost got away with it" so I ignore the looks.

• Options
    Our girl name has always been Kay just plain ol Kay, and I love it so much. Not sure about boys I have been leaning towards Shepard "Shep"and DH likes August "Gus". I guess we would flip a coin.
  • Options
    We will probably have a boy since we cannot seem to agree on anything there.  DH wants Arthur, which I really don't like as a first name.  I can compromise as a middle name.  I like Julian, Jude, and Jack for boys but all I get is a "meh" from those.  We will hopefully come up with something soon.  

My great grandmother and DH's grandmother are both named Ruby, so I'm pushing for that for a girl's name  DH's other grandmother was Claire, so I think Ruby Claire sounds great.  I really like naming kids after people for some reason.  
  • Options
    hippiegirl884hippiegirl884 member
    edited March 2017
    Ds1 is Sean 
    ds 2 is  Deaglan 

if this one is a girl we are thinking
    mavis 
    ellise 
    probably some more but those are top 2

if it's another boy we are kinda running out of names lol! Plus there were some boys born in the family within the last couple years that took some options. so far we are considering (keeping with the Irish names)
    rowan
    cathal (KA-hal) 

*edit because my phone hates me 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @acnd08 I love those names! They sound so elegant and unique.
  • Options
    @canonmom413 love the name Brynn! I may add that to my list!

We both like the name Gwen for a girl. I love the name Henley, but Dh doesn't :(
    We will probably go with Elizabeth for a middle name. 

Boys are tough! We like Scott, Jack, Hank, but nothing that we love so we will keep thinking. Won't find out until 20 weeks though so plenty of time!

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited March 2017
    @Uhlease13 it fit my DD so perfectly. Funny story with her name. Heard it back on MTV real world Las Vegas. Liked it ever since. The girl was a fire cracker. When DD 1 was in preschool, word got out we were naming DD2 Brynn. Her director said " super cute. We had a little girl a few years ago who was a wild child. So adorable but , wow. Wild! ".  Well . Low and behold it must come with the name, because I have a super cute spitfire myself ! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    I'm jealous of everyone's lists! I can't get DH to even humor discussing names till we know the baby's sex. 
  • Options
    @sdarling2010 my DS is a IV too!  we ended up calling him a nickname too because i am not a fan of the given name. i think liam is a great choice and absolutely related to his name. we tried to find nicknames for 4 and there really arent any. we almost called him dru (short for quadruple) but just couldnt bring ourselves to do it :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @beezeemarie my name is Colette so I agree, it's a pretty great name! 

I have a list of names going on my phone but I don't love any of them!! DD is Nora and I loved it from the first time I saw it and luckily DH agreed. I feel like this baby won't have a name until the very end! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure we're either Nicholas or Mackenzie over here.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @asickles98 I have a friend whose son is "Uriah" (Your-Eye-Ah). I think they named him after an MMA fighter lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sjohns08 my girls are both 5 letters. Not intentional back then. But now with #3 , I feel like he/she can't be odd one out either. Hence my list lol 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    DS is William John

If this is another boy, we'll probably pull from what was left on our list from ds: Thomas, James or Timothy. 

A girl is a little tougher. We were team green last time, but had zero girls names picked out. SO would like Laura to be part of the name somehow, after his grandmother. I like Charlotte, Margaret and Elyse but SO hates all of them. He likes Alexandra, but I don't. 
  • Options
    @canonmom413 We realized after our son that we had all first names starting with a vowel, hence Isla (hate how the capital i looks like a lowercase l) for our fourth.  It wasn't intentional, we were watching Fringe when I suggested Olivia, Hubby got to name the second one, third was a non negotiable name (knew since I was 15 that his first boy would be given this name).

I will tell hubby the name as soon as he gets back from dinner with his best friend.
  • Options
    @yasandson there are so many beautiful muslim/Arab names with deep meaning. DH is Indian but we're both catholic (surprisingly he was not Hindu). Most kids in his family have Christian names and people don't understand how an Indian can have an American name, not realizing they're  actually biblical names. I totally hear ya, some can be harsh to people of a certain origin. Naming a child is so special and your name choices both sound perfect :) I wish every person and child can live in a world where racism does not exist. 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Options
    @lola4411 I'm so glad someone else understands! I don't completely dislike the name, but it's not my fave by any means. Liam is a good compromise! Thanks for confirming it makes sense, phew! I was trying to come up with nicknames for IV too, and you're right, there aren't any! 

Being limited by the family name for a boy, I have found so many others I like! Go figure! 
  • Options
    @yasandson there are so many beautiful muslim/Arab names with deep meaning. DH is Indian but we're both catholic (surprisingly he was not Hindu). Most kids in his family have Christian names and people don't understand how an Indian can have an American name, not realizing they're  actually biblical names. I totally hear ya, some can be harsh to people of a certain origin. Naming a child is so special and your name choices both sound perfect :) I wish every person and child can live in a world where racism does not exist. 

Stuck in a box! Right there with you on that wish mama!... Thank you! 
    Ismael (son of Abraham) and Ilyas (Elias/Elijah) are prophets in some religion, and have great stories...  We just chose the two most easy going (less arab sounding lol). 

• Options
    @yasandson Working in OB for a long time, I have heard every name under the sun. I happen to think Muslim/Arab names are beautiful! As are the babies! :wink: I like both choices, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Ismael. 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    acnd08 said:
    @yasandson Working in OB for a long time, I have heard every name under the sun. I happen to think Muslim/Arab names are beautiful! As are the babies! :wink: I like both choices, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Ismael. 
    thank youuuuu !!  <3
  • Options
    We agree on nothing. So DD1 (Bethany Joy) was something we had come up with when we were dating and we both agreed 100% no looking back. DD2 there was a little bit of back and forth but we settled on Hannah Grace (which I've loved since high school). We have never once agreed on a boy name so thankfully we only have girls so far....but DH is refusing to even discuss it until we have a gender but so far says he doesn't like the majority of the names I throw at him. If it were up to me a girl would be Lily Rose (because I feel like it goes really well with the other two) and a boy would be Alexander James. 

• Options
    @sdarling2010  I grew up with a kid who was a IV and he went by Ivy or I-V ( don't actually know how he spelled it) For the longest time we didn't even know that wasn't his name.