April 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    I knew a girl Parker, her older sister was Paisley. I don't mind it but I think it's going to be a trendy name on a girl. 
  • Options
    teamla-2teamla-2 member
    edited November 2016
    I personally might not do Parker for a girl twin if the other girl has a more traditionally female name. I have twins and we know a lot of sets, and one in particular I can think of has a really feminine name and a unisex name and people always assume the unisex one is a boy, which she finds frustrating since her sister doesn't have that issue. 

Having things be "even" can be important. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @super_sam03 Max is a good name!  ;)
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    It's still early but we're tossing around ideas. I have been a name nerd my entire life, but my husband def has not, so it takes some work.

We know it's a girl and have two boys already. I was leaning toward Isla, which he also likes, and I have some Scottish ancestors from Islay ("eye-la") so it seemed promising. But, my cousin's cousin (sounds distant but isn't really, it's close enough we'd both come up in conversation easily and it might be confusing, though we only see him maybe every 3-4 years) just chose that for their new baby.

Other top options right now:

Alice
    Clara
    Lydia

We'll see!

• Options
    @java1982 I love Max and Miles for twin boys! Both names are darling and even cuter when you put them together!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @HGRich I love the name Micah for a girl. I actually thought it was a girl's name until I was older, because growing up I knew 2 female Micah's and had never met a male one! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Now that we know LO is a boy it is exciting to talk more seriously about names.  Our front runner is Wyatt James but we are going to try and not officially decide until he is here.  Close favorites behind Wyatt are Hudson, Carter, Cooper, and Parker.  It will be so challenging to not decide!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I love the name Wyatt. It is on my list of names as well, but DH thinks it's "too white."  :# 
  • Options
    Thanks for everyone's input! This is our 2nd set of twins so its definitely not our first rodeo! Lol Our first set were 2 boys, so trying to choose girls names seems foreign to me! Maybe we'll be blessed with one of each and not even have to worry about it. Either way, I appreciate your thoughts and comments!
  • Options

@wagnerw Parker is on our boy list too...so obviously I love that!

@java1982 Second set of twins?! Wow!! So much fun headed your way!! Will you be finding out the gender or waiting?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    teamla-2teamla-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @java1982 Second set?! We worried about that scenario for us, lol. (Well, my hubby wanted it!). Our twins are boys too and we knew pretty early and didn't get into girl names together so I'm having the same issue with new territory...
  • Options
    @elgie  Yes, second set! It was very much a surprise for us! We are blessed, but stressed! We found out the sexes with our first set, so my husband gave in so that I could get my way and be surprised this time around. We won't be finding out! So exciting!

@teamla  It's so strange thinking about girls names, isn't it?? I feel like such a pro a picking out boys names, but because we aren't finding out choosing 4 names is a must. Definitely super difficult though!!
  • Options
    We are having a boy and DH is absolutely ADAMANT on naming him after him.....Jordan Matthew.  It created WW3 in our house, in the car, restaurants, anywhere multiple times.  I finally said fine BUT I refuse to let anyone call him Junior. I personally just can't stand it lol. I know it's silly, but it's hard for me.  We have had a girl name picked out we both agreed on for the last 9 years.  Emery Brielle.  I literally feel like I'm mourning a daughter I won't have and the name I'll never have, then settling for what hubby wants as a boy name.  So much that it brought me to tears in the middle of Outback explaining to him why I was upset. It's just frustrating.  Then on top of it all, DH wants to change his last name!!!!  His mother gave him her last name at birth instead of the biological dad's last name to be spiteful. So now I feel like I'm settling for a boy name I don't want and having to give my child a last name that means nothing to me and change my last name again.  SO.MANY.CHANGES.  Once DH saw how upset I was in Outback he decides to tell me we don't have to name the baby Jordan....now that we already announced to the world his name will be Jordan. He really doesn't want to change it, he was just trying to be nice in the moment. Ugh. Sorry for the rant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Nolegirl1185 How frustrating! That's so many name changes!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are having a girl and naming her Landrey Lee
  • Options
    We're having another boy and I had applied all my energy to compiling a girl list, which is now worthless. Naming a baby with a teacher is like...uhh.......I don't even have a good analogy to describe it. DH will like a name and immediately change his mind once I start to get attached to it. We've actually decided to make a name suggestion box for DH to keep at school for student suggestions. Out of 170 students maybe we'll actually get a couple fresh, new ideas (and a whole lot of junky joke names, too. lol)
    This. I'm pretty sure this is why DH vetoes almost all of the names I suggest (middle school band directing for 6 years so he's had a lot of stinkers, ha!)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We're having another boy and I had applied all my energy to compiling a girl list, which is now worthless. Naming a baby with a teacher is like...uhh.......I don't even have a good analogy to describe it. DH will like a name and immediately change his mind once I start to get attached to it. We've actually decided to make a name suggestion box for DH to keep at school for student suggestions. Out of 170 students maybe we'll actually get a couple fresh, new ideas (and a whole lot of junky joke names, too. lol)

As a teacher I can totally sympathize with your DH...I had a name both DH and I loved and I have a kid in my class this year with that name and he has totally ruined it. It's a nightmare really!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @schef070911 my husband also teaches band :) He did 4 years elementary and is in his 2nd year at a high school.
  • Options
    @HGRich I have a niece named Micah. It fits her so well! I don't think it's too masculine at all.
  • Options
    So I had a GREAT list of girl names but just found out it's a boy yesterday, so now I am brainstorming boy names and it is so hard! DH and I have decided to each come up with a list of names and then sit down and discuss them all at once, which I think is a good idea. I am pretty much set on the middle name though, which is good - we will be using my dad's first name (Lewis). He passed away when I was 13. I was going back and forth on it because DH's middle name is the same but spelled differently (Louis) so I thought it might get confusing, but middle names are used so rarely I think it will be alright.

Some first names I am tossing around are Cameron, Connor, Dylan, Shane, and Kyle. I also really like the name Nate, but not sure if I like Nathan, so I am debating if it's weird to just go with the nickname. I feel the same way about Alex and Sam - really like the nicknames but don't love Alexander or Samuel. My full name is Katherine but growing up I ONLY went by Katie and I wished my mom had just named me Katie, so maybe our son will feel the same!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@kitkat8387 I love your names! My favorite are Dylan, Connor, and Cameron...all sound great with Lewis!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kitkat8387 I love Connor - but my DS2 is Conor so I might be biased ;) 
  • Options
    @HGRich I'm sure you will come up with some great ideas! Some of my favorite girl names were Michelle, Alice, Kara, Elise, Faye, Abbie, Shannon, and Kelly. Hoping I get to use one of them next time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @HGRich we have girl names out the wazoo...but boys? He shall remain nameless ;)

My top 3 girls names were Elsie, Audrey, and Claire...I would have had trouble narrowing it down anyway...it's better to have a nameless boy lol!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @kitkat8387 DS is just Max. I didn't like any of the longer versions. I think going with the nickname is perfectly fine!

@HGRich My girls name was Adelaide. Not using it now. Not sure if we will ever get to.
  • Options
    @kitkat8387 I have the same issue with Nate. DH suggested it but I'd only want to call him Nate, not Nathan or Nathaniel. It's still on the list but I don't know...
  • Options
    Thoughts on Martin? I love the nn Marty so no issue there. I'm just not sure if it's an odd name to pick since it's not a family name, just one I randomly selected?
  • Options
    @lovelongdog06 why would a random name be odd?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    It just sounds to me like one of those names that would be someone's grandfather or uncle or something.
  • Options
    @lovelongdog06 I think Martin is a great name. I like that it sounds sort of old-fashioned, which is why it sounds like it would be a family name, but I think that's fine. Plus, Marty is such a cute nickname. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lovelongdog06 I know three adult Martins (two of whom are in their mid-30s). I think it's a solid name that will transition well from childhood into adulthood. My cousin gave her son a super old man name that isn't a family name (no shade; I love old-fashioned names) and I will admit, I wondered a bit at first where the heck she and her husband pulled those names from, but to my mind, Martin isn't *that* unusual/old-fashioned.
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • Options
    @Dannylion24 I just LOVE Eden. Beautiful. 

@kitkat8387 I'm married to a Nathaniel who goes by Nate so I'm partial but I love the name. I think you can totally go either way if you know you plan to use the nickname. I know DH is happy to have a more formal name for paperwork and certificates but literally no one in the world calls him anything but Nate. Plus you get the added benefit of the Nate the Great books :)

What do you moms feel about some, but not not every child being named for someone? DD is named after her great-grandmother. If we have another girl, she'd be named after my late grandmother. But if we have boys, they will be named after....famous people we admire. Is that weird? We're so stuck on a boy's name because of this. Our girls names have such deep meaning for us. Boys names, we're like, "oh, that sounds nice." 

Also, I'm very tempted to stop being Team Green because if we don't get to name a child after my grandma, I feel like I'll need a bit of time to be sad about that (last baby for us). 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @cafedisco could you do a male version of grandmother's name if it's a boy? e.g. George for Georgia? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker