April 2017 Moms
Options

Baby Names

Re: Baby Names

• Options
    @reauxyourboat, I LOVE both Emilia & Avery! If we didn't already have a girl name picked out one of those might be on at least my idea list - hubby would probably veto both. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have another girl name to add to our list, Eloise. Girl names are so much easier for us to agree on, so I really hope one of these kiddos is a girl for our sake!  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We just found out it's a boy so that helps narrow things down.  I like Matthew (Matt/Matty) and Connor but DH isn't sure yet.  DS is Jacob.
  • Options
    @NESeattlite LOVE Matthew, so under appreciated! I was supposed to be one if I was a boy and I've always loved it. 
  • Options

Matthew is a great name, (my hubby's name :P)

We are also having a boy and now we are starting to narrow it down:

Miles and Hayden seem to be the top 2. I also like Colin but my hubby doesn't.

My DD likes Brendan and her new made up name Forken :D  

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Love all the baby names being shared! So fun to hear everyone's ideas. Right now we are liking Emmett Jackson or Delaney Adrienne. We wanted to have some family significance, so we have picked middle names to represent special people. Jack is my husband's brother who he adores, and Adrian is my husband's middle name. We still have two trimesters to go, so things could change :smile:
  • Options
    The worst reaction we got to DS being named Isaac Copper was that my best friends fiance got pissed that we "stole" his baby boy name. Its a popular name though, and my SO and I came up with it at the exact same time! How could we not use it? It gave me chills.

We had originally agreed to stick with the girl name we picked last time around: Ashlynn Isabella... But now I'm not sure. 

Right now I only like one boys name: Wesley. Might be a phase. Might be stuck in my head from childhood star trek marathons. I just love that name. 
  • Options
    We have a few for each...

Girls: Penelope Jane, Claire Elise, or Elsie Rose

Boys: Cameron Joseph, Parker Joseph, Callen Joseph 

I'm so torn...I want something unique without being weird or too trendy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @elgie I LOVE Elsie! 
  • Options
    @elgie I LOVE Elsie! 
    That is my favorite too! It's DH's great grandmas name which makes it even more special! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @elgie , I love Claire Elise! If we didn't already have a girls name picked out, Claire definitely would be on my list. Elise is my sister's name so I am partial to it too! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My girls names are Heidi Bridget and Margot 
    my boys names are Colton Elliot Jamison and grant. 

I'm just not head over heels for any of them honestly. But they're all contenders. My husband feels the same way. 
  • Options
    @elgie those are some great strong names! I love Claire Elise too! It's great for a little girl and also and she enters the adult world! You boy names are great also! 
  • Options
    @abbythebigdiehl I hope one starts to jump out and you and your husband find one you love! You have some great options on your list. Elliot is especially precious! 
  • Options
    Yay! I can finally post on here. Baby is a BOY and he's getting a family name from both of my husband's sides... Similar to maybe, Franklin Stacy Bxxxxx. My issue is I've never wanted to use either name as his "goes by" name, so is it silly to use something close? For the sake of that made up name, the nick name would be something like Francis. (All of these are NMS but I'm weird about Internet stalkers.)

Two other votes for the nickname is the official FN has a really awful obvious nickname, comparable to Franny in the above scenario. Also, my girls both have six letter names and so would the "goes by" name and I am OCD about things like that! 

Please help me with my crazy. 
  • Options
    @herewegrow Since you asked, yes it is silly. I really oppose giving kids a first name you don't actually intend on using. I can only imagine how annoying that would be for the kid. But your post is kind of confusing. Are you saying the nickname would be a diminutive of the first name? If so, that's fine. But if it's something disconnected from the first name, just no. And now that I read it for the third time, I think my first instinct was right. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    Yeah I don't understand either @herewegrow if you don't like either name, why use them? I get that it's a family name- but maybe do a first name that you like, and want to use, and a middle name that is from the family?
  • Options
    The "goes by" name is a nickname of the first name, sorry, my post was super confusing. It's not like we will name him John and call him Eli
  • Options
    @herewegrow As long as its a nickname of the first name, then, I think that's fine. 

• Options
    So, Matthew as a name may be out, depending on how this storm goes....
  • Options
    @shaunessa Nice! I love the name. I have never had any regrets on naming him Max. To me, it's a really strong name. Plus it's short and sweet so he's having no issues writing his name in preschool.  :D I honestly couldn't imagine him with any other name.
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @shaunessa I love the name Max but that's my cousins dogs name and I think it'd be weird if I used it :(
  • Options
    My step moms cats name is Max and I still used it!  :D Sometimes we have to clarify our stories with "Max the cat" or "Max the baby/kid/boy"
  • Options
    nwshaynwshay member
    edited October 2016
    So right now these are our top contenders: 

Girls:
    Isla Jayne (my mom's middle name is jayne) 
    Henley Aren (I know the spelling is weird for Aren. My MIL gave birth to twins that passed away, Andrew and aren)

Boys:

Sawyer Aksel or Sawyer Lee (Aksel for our Norwegian heritage, Lee is my husbands middle name)
    We also love Lukas. Aren't sure what the middle name would be yet.

Edited for a typo. It's morning

• Options
    @SDSwenson I LOVE the name Isla!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@SDSwenson

I love Isla and Lukas.

But my DH said no  to both :( Isla I'm not heart broken about since we are having a boy, but I wish Lucas (we'd spell it with a c) was an option :(

• Options
    Oh man @MrsBakes that sucks! We have had a hard time agreeing on names too!
  • Options
    Macy and Cooper are the name of my dogs! Sometimes I think, "oh maybe I should have held off on those for kids..."
  • Options
    @karamg35 your dogs got good names!
  • Options
    cafedisco said:
    @cagedisco Same problem!! Five years ago I was all set on Henry. Now with a kid in preschool, we pass by the cubbies and see Henry P., Henry S., Henry B., etc. It was the only one we agreed on. Argh.
    Right?  And I've loved it since I was a little girl and had a crush on Prince Harry for years :P  I know people say it doesn't matter if it's populer. However, my name is really unique and I've always loved being the only one at school with my name. It would make me sad if a kid had to go by a different name or with an initial. 

But old fashioned boys names are sooooo "in" right now!  Do you have any good backups I can steal?  :)
    Some friends of mine just had a baby and named him Harrison, but call him Harry.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • Options
    So now we are indeed having a boy. He is just not going to have a name. I don't like any boys names anymore.
    I wonder what SSA does if you choose not to name your kid : )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Okay, need some opinions...we won't know the sex of the baby for another month (and I am pretty sure it's a girl) but if the doctor shocks me (that's how sure I feel) and says it's a boy I am torn on a name. It's a family name...my mother's maiden name...and I like it...but I am not sure if it's too different..

Burke Anthony (insert very generic last name ;))

What do you think? Too weird? Cute?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @elgie I kind of like it. I used my mothers maiden name as a middle name for DS and it has since gained popularity as a first name. I also have tossed around the idea of using my maiden name as a first or middle name if this one is a boy as well,
  • Options
    @ladameperdue if you have a hospital birth, I heard they won't let you take the baby home until it has a name now

@elgie I like Burke. Different but not weird. 

• Options
    @catem07 Interesting.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @elgie I like Burke!  That's a solid name and definitely not too weird IMO!

@ladameperdue I was curious because I remember in MN it being an option to leave it blank.  I just checked and it varies by state.  Some will give you more time (I guess in MN we had 45 days), but some require it before you leave the hospital. Do you have any names on a short list even?  We are still stuck on boys names too.  A lot we like but not that we LOVE.
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @elgie I like it! Burke is unique without being too out there, and even better with family significance! 
  • Options
    @cafedisco
    Same! There are some I like and are "fine" but feel guilty because I LOVED my daughter's entire name. Mostly classic names (that everyone else seems to love, ha) e.g. Henry, Theodore (Theo), but trying to see if some others less-heard-around-the-playground like Albert or Arthur will grow on me. What else do you like besides Henry?

Pregnancy Ticker