Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Options
    @fpancone Holden makes me think of Holden caufield. It's not a good association for me...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Having a lot of trouble with a boy name...not surprising since we have 2 boys already...but our list right now is Brantley, Brysen, Gunner, Keegan, Reid, and Sawyer.

Girl names top 2 right now are Brinley and Reese
    Married: 9/19/09
    DS 1: 10/17/10
    DS 2: 6/30/13
    MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
     Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17
  • Options

@fpancone I love the idea of MVP for the initials! It's a cute and subtle way to work something like that in :)

@scorpiomer I love Brysen! Very cute!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ladameperdue it's not old fashioned but we like Robin for a boy (ok, I love it, DH only likes it).  Can't match a middle name with it though.  I also like Abraham quite a bit but I loathe Abe. I feel like boys are more likely to get called a nickname for some reason.
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I struggle with the same thing about nicknames! I like classic names like Daniel and Lucas, but do not like Dan/Danny and Luke. Thats such a toughy! I  had a friend in high school named Jonathan and we called him Jon, and his mom yelled at us in the parking lot one day saying "I did not name my baby Jon. Do not call him that!". So funny, but clearly she had the same issue haha.
  • Options
    I had the opposite issue with Max. I didn't like any of the longer versions of that name (Maxwell, Maximilian, etc) and I knew I would just call him Max, so that's what we named him.
  • Options
    @catem07 Holden also reminds me of Holden Caulfield but I love Catcher in the Rye so it brings no bad associations to me. It reminds my husband of the little kid in American Horror Story Hotel, so I still can't figure out why he likes it LOL! Anyway, likely we won't have to use it since my OB said yesterday she feels pretty sure it's a girl! We will see for sure at the big 20 week ultrasound! Fingers crossed! 

• Options
    I'm cracking up at the notion of not being able to take your own baby home from the hospital without a name.  FALSE.

we have left without a baby name twice now. They give you a timeframe to come back to the birth certificate office at the hospital within- a week each time. Otherwise they send in the birth certificate with Baby Girl Insert-last-name and you have to pay a fee to legally change it. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    As for me, we are having girl #3 so I'm struggling with names DH won't veto. He has vetoed all my favorites. Ugh. He had apparently decided this baby will be named Claire. I Like the name, but I'm not sold and want to consider others. He is totally set on Claire though...

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Options
    I am having a boy and we are really struggling.  Needs to make sense in French too (husband is french).  But a lot of the good names are already taken in the family - Richard, Alexander - I love them, but we dont want to name the baby after someone!  

Also I love Martin, but it is a last name in france so doesnt work.  I also love Robert and DH hates it. 

So far we are considering Theo... Tom/Thomas... I love Christopher (Chris), but DH not convinced... Marc... 
    Middle names will be my husband's name and my Dad's name
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Options
    @MWoodside, I LOVE the name Claire and if we didn't already have a girl's name we were decided on it would definitely be at the top of my list...not sure about DH's tho...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @mylittleirvz, I love Claire, too!  I am just not feeling sure and I don't know if it flows well with our other 2 daughter's names.  I am trying to decide if the flow of a sibset should be a determining factor or not.  I am also the type that needs to lay eyes on my baby before committing 100% to a name.  Before we found out baby was a girl I was dead set on Violet or Fiona, but he vetoed both.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

• Options
    MWoodside said:
    I'm cracking up at the notion of not being able to take your own baby home from the hospital without a name.  FALSE.

we have left without a baby name twice now. They give you a timeframe to come back to the birth certificate office at the hospital within- a week each time. Otherwise they send in the birth certificate with Baby Girl Insert-last-name and you have to pay a fee to legally change it. 
    It is state by state. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Options
    @MWoodside I was not allowed to leave the hospital until we filled out the birth certificate for my daughter. I believe @cafedisco is right it depends on state 
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • Options
    My two DD'''s are Teagan and Annalise. 
    I have a strong feeling this baby is a girl. 
    Names topping my list include Tessa Rose, Mila Shea and Alice Margaret 
    DH is not vetoing tthese as of yet.
    Boy names are 
    Emmet James or James Arthur
  • Options
    @firewife86 love Mila! Great boy names too!
  • Options
    @BabyBlake.04.2017  Yes they do, but our problem is that our last name can also be a first name!  so basically it will be weird for the baby having two names, both of which can be first OR last names.. that's the dilemma.  Latest ideas are Patrick or Thomas... but I keep going back to Theo... my problem with Theo is that my grandparents are hungarian and in Hungary the version for Theodore is Tivadar, and that is a very old fashioned and not particularly cool name there.   this is so tough.. I want the baby to have the best start in names and also to pass the president test :smile:

Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • Options
    @smallanimal I had three typically first names growing up, I never had anyone say anything about it, but was glad to get a more traditionally last name when I got married. 
  • Options
    Our last name is a first name too
  • Options
    @Babyblake.04.2017 My husband is a Daniel and NO ONE calls him Dan. He somehow just skipped that nickname. His mom doesn't like when people shortened names and we're able to keep it Daniel. Same this with his bro. Hes a Philip and I've never heard anyone call him Phil. so it can be done! I love the name Daniel. I'm obviously a little bias. haha
  • Options
    Last night DH suggested (maybe jokingly?) that we change DD's name from Grace Margaret to Margaret Grace (the joke was that her initials would be MGM). I sort of have a secret love for the nickname Maisie for a little girl named Margaret (and I also love the name Margaret), but I hate all the grown-up nicknames and I certainly wouldn't want her to be called Maisie forever. And I don't like Gracie at all, so there isn't a cutesy nickname for Grace. Potentially opening a can of worms here, but thoughts from the peanut gallery?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    @catem07 I like Margaret Grace much better! 
  • Options
    @catem07 you definitely have DS vote for Margaret as a first name. He is STILL suggesting Margaret for a name for the baby even though we found out it is a boy! Also, I like Margaret Grace better.
  • Options
    schef070911schef070911 member
    edited November 2016
    @catem07 My youngest niece's name is Margaret Grace! I love it <3 They were thinking she'd go by Maggie (Simpsons style, haha) but it didn't seem to fit her personality so she goes by her given name.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Love, love, love Margaret and all of its nicknames. Especially Maggie and Greta. DDs middle name is Marguerite.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My niece is due is February, and they are naming her Margaret! They are going to call her Margo, but I like Maggie or Maisie much better. 
  • Options
    Margaret is an absolute classic with so many great nickname possibilities. I'd definitely have it on my list, but my husband is British, and he can't get over the association with Margaret Thatcher.

In that vein, goodness, it is tricky discussing/agreeing on names with some who is from a different country or culture! His associations are so different from mine. Sigh. It would have been so much easier if this baby were a boy...
    Me: 31 DH: 34
    DD1 born 3.2014
    DD2 born 4.2017
  • Options
    We are having the opposite problem. I  have tons of
    great boy names but, can't get it with the girls.
  • Options
    Would love a Potter inspired name.
    I always wanted my DS's middle name to be Sirius.  Found several for a 2nd boy too.
    good luck, can't wait to hear what you decide on.
  • Options
    I teach also and it REALLY makes finding a name a challenge.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    There are some great girls names in Harry Potter once you get past Hermione haha. Wasn't his mom's name Lily? And there was a Luna! I'm sure there are lists with lots of ideas online! 
  • Options
    java1982java1982 member
    edited November 2016
    Thoughts on the name Parker for a girl???  It is growing on me...especially if we can decide on a very feminine middle name to go with it.

We aren't finding out the twins' sex, so we technically need to have 2 boy AND 2 girl names picked out. Oy vey!!! We have a solid boy and girl name, but were thinking that if we could pick a unisex name for the 3rd, we could totally avoid the treacherous road (DH and I don't agree on many names at all!) of trying to find a fourth name.
  • Options
    @java1982 I chose Parker as DS's middle name as it is my grandpa's last name and he had no boys to pass his name down to. A good friend of mine heard the name and asked if she could name her child that (at the time she thought she was having a boy). Of course I have no problem with that! They later found out it was a girl and decided to keep the name Parker, and she does have feminine middle name. I think it's cute! And, to top it all off, baby girl Parker was born on my aforementioned grandpa's birthday.
  • Options
    @java1982 I know a female Parker! I like it. I'm considering Micah for my girl and wondering the same thing about how it's usually a masculine name....
  • Options
    @HGrich I also know a female Micah!
  • Options
    @HGrich, I know of a couple of female Micahs!  @java1982, I think Parker for a girl is cute!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @java1982 I chose Parker as DS's middle name as it is my grandpa's last name and he had no boys to pass his name down to. A good friend of mine heard the name and asked if she could name her child that (at the time she thought she was having a boy). Of course I have no problem with that! They later found out it was a girl and decided to keep the name Parker, and she does have feminine middle name. I think it's cute! And, to top it all off, baby girl Parker was born on my aforementioned grandpa's birthday.

Parker is one of our boy's names...and the rise in popularity of it being used as a girl's name is my only reservation. I don't know why...I love gender neutral names...but mostly for girls.
    BabyFruit Ticker