February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• Loading the player...
  • Just catching up on this thread this morning! I give all of you props for watching The Walking Dead. I watched the first few seasons with my husband but I was having the most grusome nightmares from it so I had to stop. I can't even imagine what they would be like now paired with my insanely vivid pregnancy dreams!

Also for the nursery, I've started to get the itch to get it started. I told my husband I want the big stuff done by the end of the year, knowing his work schedule plus I won't feel as good come January/February. Hoping to at least start clearing the room out and painting in October!
  • +1 for TWD board! It makes me anxious thinking about who will die in the season opener! I'm so glad it's almost October!
  • Quick question: no one wears panty hose anymore, right? I'm going to Hubs' grandpa's funeral today and I don't need panty hose-- right?

Grandpa was a 98 y old veteran and it is a graveside service if that matters...
  • Quick question: no one wears panty hose anymore, right? I'm going to Hubs' grandpa's funeral today and I don't need panty hose-- right?

How's the weather? I would if it's chilly. That or tights. But I don't think they're required for propriety's sake. 
  • @Gretchypoo no not necessary at all. I wore stockings to one, but because it was 40 degrees out and freezing.

Nope, not required anymore, I only wear it when it is cold out.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @Gretchypoo - totally agree. Not required, but if it is cold outside you may want some tights. I opt for knitted ones on the rare occasion I do wear tights, or plain colored leggings. 

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited September 2016
    Quick question: no one wears panty hose anymore, right? I'm going to Hubs' grandpa's funeral today and I don't need panty hose-- right?

I see a lot of people who don't wear hose to a funeral, and a bunch of ladies here don't think it's important, but I'm on the other end. I do tend to take the old people's point of view on this subject. I feel like funerals are a time to pull them out. I recently wore this to a funeral... I bought this for a Christmas party last year and sent the pic to my mil for hose color suggestion. To the funeral I had on the black panty hose, and a black shrug. 

Edit: also a thought. Some people down dress a bit more, so I guess the panty hose, is really a matter on what your wearing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 are you wearing thigh highs??  :o
    edited September 2016
    @MommaBean no, I wear the ones that go clear up... in that picture I had to squeeze the other legs between my thighs to keep them from falling down lol I just don't have a normal pic of that outfit. (Well I have a couple pics from the party, but didn't feel like cropping out husband) That was only taken to get an opinion on the black or nude ones lol 

I hate thigh highs (unless in the bedroom  ;) ) they squeeze in all the wrong places and I constantly pull them up. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a fun weekend other than not sleeping well. We spent the weekend at my IL's house and Saturday was spent grocery shopping and making freezer meals with my 2 SIL's. The dogs had fun running around the big backyard. And Sunday we went to our old church to see everybody :) and yes, there was much belly rubbing. I really didn't want this weekend to end :(
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I vote no hose but I don't think you can go wrong either way. 

I found my nursery inspiration.. but instead of the light blue color I will do mint. And as far as the FTM baby shopping I would stick to basics until you know what works/doesn't work for your kiddo. And it USED!!! There's a list out there of stuff to get used vs recommended  new.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

edited September 2016
    @Gretchypoo since he's a veteran, they will most likely be doing a service that includes a rifle party as well as having the flag delivered to a family member by another veteran. Not sure if that has any impact on your decision either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @poetryandoceans

@perrasucia I loled at festivus.

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Ugh. On the topic of paints looking grey, but being a different color. I totally f-d up our nursery paint. I was stupid and over confident and thought "I don't need to buy the paint sample to put on the wall, I know this paint is the right color". Wrong. What I thought was a light grey, is light grey on the little sample card, and looks grey on the top of the paint can....is totally purple. It's one of those things where in some lights it looks grey, but in tohers it looks purple, and the light in our nursery is making it look purple. Going to buy some new bulbs and try "white light" instead of the yellow light we currently have to see if that helps. Ugh. I want to kick myself.
    I did that with DD! I wanted light grey, and it ended up looking blue on the walls and I had to paint it all over again :( such a bummer!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We haven't done anything with our "nursery" yet, but our 3rd bedroom is on the main level and the other 2 are upstairs. We've decided, since our master is huge, to give baby the nook in our room for the time being, and hope to move before we need more space. I do feel like it's a good chance to redo our room though. I want new bedding that will at least coordinate with baby bedding. Our room is gray already, so I'm thinking navy, white, and coral?
  • I wear them in the winter. But, I will only wear black opaque. And only with a dress or something, not under pants.  50 degrees is my yes or no marker! I generally avoid dresses in the winter, so I've done this like 4 times in the past 10 years! 
  • I wear panythose occasionally!  Although only thigh highs with garter or corset situation for fancy events.
  • I don't wear panty hose everytime I put on a dress, but certain times require them in my opinion. Fancy company parties, funerals, cold weather, and anytime the old people will outnumber the young people. lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I couldn't tell you the last time I wore panty hose. A loooooong long time ago.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kswiger06 said:
    I don't wear panty hose everytime I put on a dress, but certain times require them in my opinion. Fancy company parties, funerals, cold weather, and anytime the old people will outnumber the young people. lol 
    Just out of curiosity to the bolded- why?

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Because old people are judgy and expect you to wear them. You're just not proper if you don't, so says my 75 year old boss.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol not at all
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I often like something under a dress (usually cute tights, sometimes hose) because it flattens out my belly! (Pre-preg, obviously). Legs are bare when the weather is decent, though. 

Ps @LivingLaVidaGinger you're hot!