February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• Options
    MLRocha said:
    Also creepy - men trying to discuss breast feeding with me.  I understand your wife may have been a champion milk producer, but I don't really want to talk teats with anyone other than DH and my doctors.
    This doesn't bother me. 
  • Options
    Um yeah, @LivingLaVidaGinger, completely inappropriate now! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Very curious why mid 30s is the target.  If we all waited until that time many of us would have issues requiring more assistance to get pregnant.  Also curious if this was a judgement of you- as in do you fit his appropriate time or not.  Bogus regardless.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    blush64blush64 member
    edited September 2016
    So a student came up to me today and asked me if I was pregnant. When I said yes, he responded with "I think it's better for the female body physically to wait until mid 30's to start having children." 

Like. Wtf. There's nothing wrong with having babies in your 20s 30s 40s. It's none of his business how it affects me physically. 
    I find this so odd. It's none of his business and what reason could he possibly have? I mean financially perhaps he could say a person may be better able in their 30s but for the female body? Why would he think a body in their early 20s wouldn't be the best idea. Having done it before my 20s and in my early-mid 30s, and now my very late 30s I can honestly say earlier was so much easier for me. Easier in every way including after giving birth. Pregnancies are all different but our bodies do bounce back easier when we are younger.(generally speaking) 

I would really dislike that he said that. I don't think women should be commenting on other people either but at least in this situation a woman could say in her experience it was easier younger/older. (not that it will mean anything for anyone else)

EDIT I just want to add that I don't think people can't be financially stable in their 20s.
  • Options
    if I would have had my shit together at 23, I would have loved to start having kids that young. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    That guy needs punched. Also, he's got no clue! I was early 20s with my other 2 pregnancies, and I'm 30 this time around, and it's hell already! Bless you women that are in the 30s and 40s! My body feels about 80 most days of this pregnancy!  :D
  • Options
    if I would have had my shit together at 23, I would have loved to start having kids that young. 
    ugh this is not me at all.. I was still traveling the world then
  • Options
    @perrasucia +1 to that. Husband and I basically started @ 22 and 23 by traveling, gutting our house, and having a good ol' time. Now we're to kids stage at about 30, which I like for us. I guess the alternative is to get the high-demand kid years out of the way earlier and have your good ol' time in your 50s :)
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone doing a teal pumpkin this year for Halloween? 

I think we're going to start it and offer both candy and toys.  DH was thinking of just toys but I think the option should be there if kids want candy.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options

I think we're going to start it and offer both candy and toys.  DH was thinking of just toys but I think the option should be there if kids want candy.
    I plan to! I also plan to offer both. We get a ton of trick or treaters so it would be tough to stock enough toys. 
  • Options
    We don't get ANY trick or treaters in our neighborhood. 
  • Options

I plan to! I also plan to offer both. We get a ton of trick or treaters so it would be tough to stock enough toys. 
    Costco has playdough which I thought was cool.  I tend to give toys to young trick or treators as well as people who request them because I'm the sugar police :P
  • Options
    Lol that Playlist thread has me entertained. I didn't realize people do that. 

Oh yeah @yogadevil I sent you a PM. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited September 2016
    I have a question to get some opinions, but I feel like it's kind of heavy. If people are responding, I don't want it to weigh down randoms. If I started a thread, it would feel strange because it's something that I'm not sure will relate to others right now... where should I put it?

ETA: it is baby name related though
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I say you just start another thread.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    @kswiger06 you could also put it in the names thread!
  • Options
    I just saw the edit, I also think the names thread would be appropriate.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• Options
    @kswiger06 if it's a specific topic I'd say start a new thread :smile: otherwise Randoms is always a good call, idk how closely others follow the Names thread (personally I let the responses pile up a bit before I read them all at once)
  • Options
    Ok thanks I'll put it in the names thread then :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I posted it in the names thread... it's out of here now @PerraSucia :p
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    But to change onto a different topic, we were talking about The walking dead the other day, did any of you get into Fear the walking dead? I'm still catching up through season 2. I feel like it's harder to get into it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I only watched about 4 or 5 episodes of the first season. I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
  • Options
    fear the walking dead was so terrible it was pretty much impossible to watch.. like even the production value was low, there was a scene where you can see the mic shadow while someone's talking and they were like "meh close enough!"
  • Options
    fear the walking dead was so terrible it was pretty much impossible to watch.. like even the production value was low, there was a scene where you can see the mic shadow while someone's talking and they were like "meh close enough!"
    Lol that's so funny! I wish I caught the mic shadow. I started thinking I'm the only one not feeling this show. My parents and sister would watch anything, so they are all for it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    But to change onto a different topic, we were talking about The walking dead the other day, did any of you get into Fear the walking dead? I'm still catching up through season 2. I feel like it's harder to get into it.
    I'm watching, mostly because I thought it was going to be amazing and it's just been subpar.

Understandably, I compare it to the original and I shouldn't because they aren't the same.  Now I force myself to watch because I can't not know what happens.  And I'm hoping at some point, maybe they will tie the two shows together somehow.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    @BumpasaurusRex I do the same thing! Lol I do it with movies, TV shows, books. If I start it, I feel a need to finish it, lol and I am hoping that the 2 shows get tied together somehow too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @srscott3 omg that is hilarious-- jealous you guys have Trudeau :-)
  • Options
    @srscott3I read that story to my husband and we both agreed we really wanted to be a fly on the wall for that to see your prof's reaction(we're Canadian too BTW). Totally priceless I'll bet. However, I find it amazing he would go off on a tangent when only 4 people out of a class of about 150 raised their hands. I mean if it were half or even a quarter the class I could understand a bit more, but he seems awfully passionate about such a small number. I mean I get that small numbers add up, but still; it seems excessive.
  • Options
    srscott3srscott3 member
    edited September 2016
    BeckS13 said:
    @srscott3I read that story to my husband and we both agreed we really wanted to be a fly on the wall for that to see your prof's reaction(we're Canadian too BTW). Totally priceless I'll bet. However, I find it amazing he would go off on a tangent when only 4 people out of a class of about 150 raised their hands. I mean if it were half or even a quarter the class I could understand a bit more, but he seems awfully passionate about such a small number. I mean I get that small numbers add up, but still; it seems excessive.

It's law school. And it was an advanced constitutional law class. Soooo....yea. Excessive. And passionate :p 

edit to add that the guy has tenure. So he goes off on rants a lot about his personal beliefs
  • Options
    @srscott3 I loled at your comment! That teacher has no business lecturing the tiny minority not voting. 
    Also props for being in law school! It takes a strong person to get through that program. My friend studies law and she's having a really hard time with it. Keep fighting the good fight!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@grapeskittles4lyfe Do you know roughly what season/episode that Daniel Tiger is?  My kids seem to be getting it pretty good, but I feel like the more exposure they have the better and they really like Daniel Tiger.
    @silvercamaro77

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Daniel_Tiger's_Neighborhood_episodes#Season_3_.282016-Present.29

It says here Season 2, Episodes 201, 202, 203. Hope that helps!

The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019