February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• I am team open door, but now that I am going to have a son when he gets older I will have to close the door. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • We're an open door kinda family. The kids always decide the minute I sit down that they absolutely NEED something, it's just easier to have the door open. We also only have one bathroom so there is usually someone in there pooping while I'm taking a shower in the morning. 
    Married 5/29/09
    DS 8/10/2010 8lbs 6oz
    DD 11/28/2012 8lbs 7oz
    It's a Girl! Due 2/5/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • It doesn't matter if I shut the door to pee, my kid opens it.  There is no privacy in my house. 

Also my lunch was terrible and I'm going to smell like garlic for the rest of my life. 
  • I always kept the door closed and locked and no one was ever allowed in. Even when I was home alone the door was closed and locked. My daughter does not usually allow me to go alone anymore and if I am in there alone she needs to know the door is unlocked. 

I don't use the washroom in front of my husband. He would but I requested that he keep the door closed. Farting happens, we try to do it elsewhere but it's not a big deal.

• DH and I will pee with the door open, but we'll poo with the door closed and locked. We have trust issues.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can pee anywhere, in front of anyone. 
    No shame. 
    Ditto. In college I was really good at the public pee. Also, I have no poop shame. In public restrooms? No problem. At a friend's house? no problem. Port-a-potty? No problem.

We leave our door open for pee but I'm trying to get Hubs to close it for poo. I am sad this policy will have to change when we have growing kids.
  • I'm a total oddball here. I've never peed in front of my husband in 8 years.. I don't think I'd be able to. FTM so who knows, but I really don't think I am capable of peeing while someone is watching me, including my spawn. I even have a hard time if I go the same time as a girlfriend and she tries to chat with me. When I used to babysit little kids I'd make sure they were in a safe place (crib, room with only safe toys, etc.), lock the door, and go as quick as I could. I'd love it if that worked with my own kids, but again, FTM.
  • I have used the bathroom with my kid on my tit. 
    That's a must. 
  • I am super picky about the bathroom. Out of necessity I've peed maybe twice while my husband was in the shower, (we've been living together 11 years)  but I stared at the curtains to make sure he never peeked, and made him promise not to lol. The only time I ever leave a door open to pee is when I get up in the middle of the night to go, and my husband is at work. The upstairs bathroom has a pocket/sliding door, so it's quieter to just go with it open, than slide it shut while the kids are sleeping. My husband also always closes the door. And I'm a super shy pooper, I can only poo if everyone is busy and there is noise in the house. I literally sneak away and hope nobody notices. But just this last week I took a poo upstairs and go figure my husband came up to see what I was doing. When I opened the door he said did you just take a crap? Lol and as far as my husband knows, I don't fart. Lol but he has no shame in farting anytime, any place. My pregnancy senses can't handle his stinky farts and I gag until it clears  :|
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Question that may sound dumb, do we still do AW Wednesday that isn't US pictures? I may just miss it completely. Or it falls into the weekly randoms. I think it'd be fun to do a combined AW/GTKY Wednesday. I saw one board do a facilitated gtky/aw like one week was pet pics, another was favorite baby buy so far, etc. I just like posting pictures and being AW okay. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have peed and poo'd soooo many times with my daughter ON MY LAP. it just comes with the territory of having kids I think. Especially around the age of two when they are super clingy. DH and I pee in front of each other all the time and that doesn't even slightly bother me!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ok guys sorry to change our bathroom topic but I need to rant to someone. You may or may not remember one of my Monday Bitchfests was about my friend who expected me to still attend her Vegas Bachelorette party on Memorial Day Weekend next year. I already hinted over a month ago I probably couldn't attend and she wouldn't hear any of it. Well she just texted for preliminary headcount and I told her I can't commit right now. And the conversation did not go well. She basically tried to tell me I could afford it even though I'll be off work and my husband is currently still looking for a new job. That's not even getting into the subject of having a newborn, breastfeeding, etc. Ugh! Why are these things so complicated?!
  • lfrank12 said:
    Ok guys sorry to change our bathroom topic but I need to rant to someone. You may or may not remember one of my Monday Bitchfests was about my friend who expected me to still attend her Vegas Bachelorette party on Memorial Day Weekend next year. I already hinted over a month ago I probably couldn't attend and she wouldn't hear any of it. Well she just texted for preliminary headcount and I told her I can't commit right now. And the conversation did not go well. She basically tried to tell me I could afford it even though I'll be off work and my husband is currently still looking for a new job. That's not even getting into the subject of having a newborn, breastfeeding, etc. Ugh! Why are these things so complicated?!
    Gah that sucks. Maybe you just need to respond and say I'm sorry but I just can't do it. 
  • @homemake I did and she still wasn't happy. At this point I've stopped responding because there is nothing else I can say that will change her opinions
  • @lfrank12 Ugh that's uncomfortable I'm sorry. 
  • lfrank12 said:
    @homemake I did and she still wasn't happy. At this point I've stopped responding because there is nothing else I can say that will change her opinions
    I agree, you need to continue to stand her ground. It's not on you to make her understand, you've given her your reasons for not committing.  It's up to her to handle that.

I'm sorry she's reacting this way.  I hope she comes around.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • edited September 2016
    On the bathroom front, I've also gone to the bathroom with a baby on my lap, in the middle of breastfeeding.  I remember one specific time when DS had just latched on, had my letdown, and then I suddenly realized how bad I had to pee.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • @lfrank12 your friend is being a serious douch. Who is she to say what you can and can't afford? Unless she's paying for it, she should STFU. Either way, even if she did pay for it, you have responsibilities that you don't want to give up.  She totally sounds like she doesn't respect you.  Maybe I'm being harsh but I don't think you're going to stay friends with this one for too long. Talk about selfiah. 

• Question that may sound dumb, do we still do AW Wednesday that isn't US pictures? I may just miss it completely. Or it falls into the weekly randoms. I think it'd be fun to do a combined AW/GTKY Wednesday. I saw one board do a facilitated gtky/aw like one week was pet pics, another was favorite baby buy so far, etc. I just like posting pictures and being AW okay. 
    We had AW Wednesday awhile back...I tried to bring it back, but nobody wanted to AW themselves except the catfish sooooooo...I didn't continue it the following week. By all means if you'd like to start it up, be our guest! 

@lfrank12 ugh, those situations are never fun to deal with. Hopefully after this initial non commitment, she calms her tits and will see more clearly. It may be better to handle over phone call instead of text too. Text may be the root of all evil. 
  • Hey @AfKash  I had a random question for you, but I put it in a private message
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 we are bathroom twins. Your post I could have literally written myself, even the husband catching me and making fun of me!! I don't know why it bothers me so much! 
  • I'm sorry, I have to go back to the 'not farting in front of your husband' thing. Seriously, how did you ladies keep that up once you got knocked up? There is no stopping my ass these days. My husband thinks it is hilARIOUS. 

I don't fart in front of my students, but that is through sheer force of will, classes are only 65 minutes long, and because I can leave the classroom. I spend far too much time with my husband to worry about it. 
    Yes since getting pregnant there has been no way to avoid it! I've given up
  • I'm lactose intolerant. My husband just has to live with my farts. But like @Spicyweiner mine don't smell usually. My husband's farts should be considered germ warfare.
  • I have not been gassy at all! I feel bloated and burp occasionally but that's it! 
  • I'm sorry, I have to go back to the 'not farting in front of your husband' thing. Seriously, how did you ladies keep that up once you got knocked up? There is no stopping my ass these days. My husband thinks it is hilARIOUS. 

I don't fart in front of my students, but that is through sheer force of will, classes are only 65 minutes long, and because I can leave the classroom. I spend far too much time with my husband to worry about it. 
    I don't seem to have any different gas problems. I'm not more farty than normal. And I had an extremely embarrassing moment in grade school. We were sitting on the gym floor, and I let out a fart. Everyone within 15 ft of me heard it and of course everyone right next to me said "It was her!!", as they pointed. I learned at an incredibly young age to keep it together in there lol my husband tells me if I don't let it out I'll explode, but I just say, well I haven't so far haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fourPsinapod thanks for doing all that work, updating the spreadsheet. It's so exciting to see mine say Team Blue!! I was like EEEEEEE!!!!!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah I'm team able to pee anywhere in front of anyone. I don't love pooping in front of my H so I try to avoid it, but it's happened and vice versa. Oh well, whatever. Honestly, the more comfortable I can feel with him about anything and everything, the more attracted to him I seem to become. I don't have to feel vulnerable or embarrassed in front of him ever.

Also, we only have one bathroom so... yeah. I couldn't believe the bathroom conversation a while back where so many people couldn't fathom having to live with only one bathroom. I don't know what it's like to have more than one and while I'm sure it's great, it's really not the end of the world having only one. 

My sister (who is the most modest person I know and still has yet to fart in front of her fiancé) loved this- I used to test guys out by randomly farting in front of them one day to see how they would react. Asshole reaction, yeah see ya. Able to laugh it off and have a sense of humor about it, keeper. Such high standards I set lol Do I sit there and purposely let them rip, no I don't. If I need to though because my stomach hurts or something (or being pregnant and gassy as all hell,) I need to know someone with whom I'm spending the rest of my life with  is going to be cool with that. My mom would be so ashamed to hear me say this, she would find it to be incredibly inappropriate lol 

And with kids, once they get into the toddler stage, it's just easier to let them in versus listening to them scream and body slam themselves against the door until you do. Modesty is hard to come by as a mom (at least in regards to this.) 
  • Same here - I haven't been more gassy since being pregnant. I'm also just used to keeping it in at all times - I can't imagine just letting it fly anywhere, at work, in front of friends, or my husband. I fart in the bathroom - that's it!