February 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• Options
    I do wear pantyhose to funerals, but definitely don't think it's mandatory. I don't wear them any other time, except the rare winter dress occasion. 
  • Options
    @MommaBean lol thanks! That was about a month before I got pregnant though. Now I look like a trash can...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Why are maternity scrubs so expensive?  Also if I have zero interaction with patients in a clinical setting why do I need to wear said maternity scrubs?

Also +1 for wearing stockings, but only in the fall/winter.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This thread is cracking me up today! I probably
    look ridiculous to passers-by as I laugh out loud all by myself  :D
  • Options
    @MommaBean lol thanks! That was about a month before I got pregnant though. Now I look like a trash can...
    PSHHH I've seen your HDBD
  • Options
    This is really random, but I just found out (this morning) that Hanson is releasing another Christmas album. I've been a Hanson fanatic forever and absolutely LOVE their first xmas album. (And Christmas music in general). 
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger Just saying, you have really nice legs and you should probably never cover them up again.

@ljane I love hanson too! Not a fanatic but I know a lot of their music. 
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Thank you @homemake! I will throw out my pantyhose posthaste! I totally didn't mean to AW myself all over the randoms thread. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The last funeral I went to was for a wonderful person...total free spirit who wouldn't have given a rat's arse what anyone was wearing, nevermind if there was pantyhose under it.  I say, think of who you are honoring/remembering and whether they'd care about your leg coverings.  If they wouldn't care, do whatever makes you feel best & if anyone gives you a hard time just tell them you'll pray for them and move along. 
  • Options
    @scifichick09 Ooooh noooooo I'm sorry to hear that! We had tested out this colour in a smaller space in our house, so we knew what we were getting into, but greys are so tricky for that. I have about 15 paint samples in the basement from our first attempt. Because they're never just grey.

What happens when you put other colours in the room? I feel like the muted tones in grey paints can often be "pulled" one way or another. That, plus a different light bulb, might save you. If nothing else, you'll probably only need one coat to go over top, if you find a similarly saturated grey with a different undertone...
  • Options
    @yogadevil So this discussion was 900 hours ago, but I love the mobile. I probably have 14 felted mobiles saved on Etsy, several of which are from back in the years when we were TTC. I keep on trying to justify them to myself with the fact that we're not buying any furniture for that room. Maybe I can re-purpose it into several Christmas ornaments after the baby is done being indifferent to it...
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Being sick and having a crazy toddler is the worst. We're flying home in two days and I need to pack but instead I'm baking cookies and watching Netflix. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @poetryandoceans We're going to put the crib together today and toss the bedding in and see what that does. I'm hoping, like you said, that a change in lighting and adding our nursery colors to the room will fix the issue. I'll post a pic in the nursery thread once we've got it together for opinions!

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Finally saw frozen. I cried hard.
    Do you live under a rock?! 
  • Options
    homemake said:
    I've missed some movies with the kids because we didn't have cable for about 10 years!! My son would come home talking about stuff he heard from other kids, or when I would see new kids toys at fast food restaurants I'd look up the movie lol. I've never seen Brave *gasp* ;) and I have no clue what it's about. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    homemake said:
    Yessssss
  • Options
    homemake said:
    I've never seen it either and almost watched it today too.  DD has an Elsa and Ana doll she plays with often but she's never seen the movie. 
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    @Lafreeman21 I love the xmas ornament idea! Those little whales totally need Santa hats
  • Options
    MrsDramaK said:
    Why are maternity scrubs so expensive?  Also if I have zero interaction with patients in a clinical setting why do I need to wear said maternity scrubs?

Also +1 for wearing stockings, but only in the fall/winter.
    I never bought special maternity scrubs when working and pregnant with my son. I just bought larger sizes of cheap unisex ones & it worked! The pants I tied under my (huge) belly. The tops I just wore a maternity tank top underneath if the v neck was too revealing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Please please, don't start talking politics on here.  Husband came home and turned on the debate.  I'm hiding in the bedroom.  It's just too stressful for me right now.  

• Options
    I'm so glad I can't vote. 
  • Options
    Why not? 

• Options
    Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited September 2016
    AfKash said:
    Why not? 
    Because the choices are awful. 
    Eta: reading fail. 
    Im not a citizen. 
  • Options
    AfKash said:
    Why not? 
    Because the choices are awful. 
    Eta: reading fail. 
    Im not a citizen. 
    Lol. Ok.  I don't know why I automatically assumed everyone on here is a citizen. Did I  just reverse discriminate errybody?

• Options
    Sorryained g I haven't been participating as much. DS has been having a tough time lately so I've been pretty focused on that and pretty dr
  • Options
    Drained from dealing with it all. On a lighter note, DD turned 4 this past weekend and loved it. Alright my phone or this website is flipping the F out right now, bout to go to bed I'm done!
  • Options
    I'm just going to leave this here.  From reddit.