July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 6/6 Randoms

1234568»

Re: Week of 6/6 Randoms

• Options
    Just sat in my backyard with a glass of ice water and my feet in the kiddie pool. It was glorious. I highly recommend it if the weather is nice for any of you ladies. 
  • Options
    am0987am0987 member
    Cervical checks are so painful. I feel like such a weenie.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    am0987 said:
    Cervical checks are so painful. I feel like such a weenie.
    Mine was pretty awful. My cervix is apparently "way up there" too, so that added to the fun. 
  • Options
    I had my first cervical check @ 35 weeks and I swear it hurt, felt like a wuss. Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Thinking of you @theshannondee .  Hopefully things will start progressing a little quicker! 

My cervical checks are painful also.... but one good thing is so far I am dilated more than I ever was with DS(until my induction obviously).  It's only 1cm but at least she is doing something! 
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    HeathereaddyHeathereaddy member
    edited June 2016
    Add me to the list of those with painful cervical checks. I had my first one last week and ouch! I kept thinking how am I gonna give birth when this has me crawling up the table lol. 
  • Options
    Yes the weeks are sooo crawling by! Ready to go into labor, but I don't want him to come early either!
  • Options
    I don't know how I'm going to make it through the summer. Today was 97 with a heat index if 102. I've head a headache from the heat all day and I'm miserable. Been sitting under a fan eating Popsicles and chugging water all day. I think three days this week is supposed to be over 100. Not excited 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can y'all verify my knowledge on Tdap? I need to get it every pregnancy but my husband and family only need to get it every 10 years? Is this correct? Everyone got it when my first was born 5 years ago - just want to make sure they are all in the clear still! Thanks!
  • Options
    Up until this weekend the weeks have been flying by, this weekend however was the longest ever. I didn't realize how many body parts could be so uncomfortable at once
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand ugh yes, fucking CRAWLING. 

@carolynpetite my understanding of the current recommendation is within the last two years for those in close contact with a newborn because while the tdap booster is good for 10 years, is much less effective over time. 
  • Options
    @carolynpetite I asked my doctor and they do it every pregnancy (DD is still under 2). She said DH did not need it again though since he got it last time. I'm not sure how often they recommend it though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Snuggling my darling boy a little longer these nights. I'm so excited to welcome his sister, but also so aware that my time with just one "baby" to love on is almost over. Might be a little emotional about it. 
  • Options
    eymieymi member
    Weville said:
     I didn't realize how many body parts could be so uncomfortable at once
    This. FH said this morning he could've used an extra 7 hours of sleep.. I would have taken just being able to get comfortable enough to sleep for a couple of hours at a time. (But I do get to try again after he goes to work.)
  • Options
    Can y'all verify my knowledge on Tdap? I need to get it every pregnancy but my husband and family only need to get it every 10 years? Is this correct? Everyone got it when my first was born 5 years ago - just want to make sure they are all in the clear still! Thanks!
    Carolyn, the recommendation is for anyone in close proximity to not rely on the pertussis part of the TDAP for more than five years, as it gradually loses its efficacy and isn't considered reliable at five years. The tetanus portion of the TDAP is effective for ten years.