July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 6/6 Randoms

Re: Week of 6/6 Randoms

• Options
    I'll jump on the chiropractic train. I've been seeing one weekly since 25 weeks or so. She adjusts my back while I lay on pregnancy pillows and then she does my neck while I lay on my back or sit in a chair. The first appointment was longer because she did a full body assessment, but now they're about 10 minutes. It has completely eliminated my SI pain, and I could barely walk when I went to see her. It's been amazing. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 I think I've heard my SIL's "horrible" L+D story about 8 times.  She ended up with an unplanned C-section due to the baby being breech (doctors think she turned during labor), but it certainly wasn't life or death emergency.  It's annoying and every time she starts talking about it my MIL interrupts her and tells her to shut up.  I know people just want to connect and I think a lot of times they forget how they were feeling prior to labor.  But still, STFU.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    @theshannondee seriously tearing up reading that! Lol ugh these damn hormones! 
  • Options
    @megstervt hahaha haha that's great! I'm sure if I was a couple more weeks along then I'd be looking like I'm over it, too! Although I may not look it yet, I sure as hell feel it! 
  • Options
    So I have a coworker that had her baby a few days after Mother's Day. I just saw her a couple days ago and asked how she was doing and if it was all worth it. She said, "Honestly, no! Labor sucked, recovery sucked, and now I just have to take care of it." OMG I didn't even know what to say!
    Holy PPD, Batman....
  • Options
    @megstervt Netflix 'The Mask You Live In'. ;)
  • Options
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @CarbAddict I've seen a chiro since January for sciatica pain. Just as others said, they use a table which you will face down on, with the middle raised up. Even when the middle is dropped when the dr does the adjustments, your stomach will never touch the table. Because of the pain and the area mine is in, my dr also uses an impact machine (it's like something that hits the spot over and over again) - not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it helps me. Everytime I go, when I get up from the table I notice a big difference. 

Good luck at your appointment!
  • Options
    Ladies thank you for the input on the chiropractor!!  I just got back and it went well, I left feeling optimistic baby will turn.
  • Options
    ktomorrowktomorrow member
    edited June 2016
    @schaze I'm getting DH board books that are about fathers (plus a splurge gift because obvi won't splurge on each other again for a long time with LO to splurge on!). I like the look of Ten, Nine, Eight, Mister Seahorse, Papa Please Get the Moon for Me, and Baby Dance.

edited because the bump ate half my post!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I liked reading all your thoughts and perspectives.  My husband is a great man and will be a great role model along with his dad and my dad.  I'm confident my son will have positive role models around him which isn't something I could say in past relationships like many of you.  It's daunting to think about the responsibility of raising this tiny person to not only just not be a shit head, but to be a genuinely good person with the character we hope for him.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    ktomorrow said:
    I am hypnotized by the flashing glasses of @HenchBytch that even show in the mini icon when love titing a post *insert meme of the Jungle Book snake here
    It's a gif! You can do it, too. :)
    "I still think I am the greatest."
     - Kanye West

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ktomorrow said:
    I am hypnotized by the flashing glasses of @HenchBytch that even show in the mini icon when love titing a post *insert meme of the Jungle Book snake here
    It's a gif! You can do it, too. :)
    I honestly hadn't realized you could have a gif avatar until you did it, @HenchBytch. Small points for TB there.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations