July 2016 Moms

Week of 6/6 Randoms

Re: Week of 6/6 Randoms

• Two nights ago I woke up from a wonderfully disturbing dream. Pregnancy has given me some bizarre dreams but this was definitely the most difficult to process.

In my dream my best friend was helping me deliver my son, as my husband was out of town. Sadly, my best friend is deceased and his birthday is coming up at the end of June. At that time my husband will also be out of town. I'm not sure if it's a premonition, pregnancy hormones or what but I woke up crying. I guess the positive is that no matter when or how, my friend will be there to help me. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited. What a weird question, like, so what if I am or am not? It's too late now! I just tell everyone I'm mostly excited for my last day of work and then I'll have time to be excited about the baby after that. That shuts my nosy coworkers right up. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I can't stand the excited question. It's by far the most common one I get. Wtf do you think?! No, we're totally unprepared and unready. I'm really hoping to stretch out these months of pregnancy just a little bit longer!!! Idiots. 
  • I hate the excited question too. TBH I'm more nervous than excited but then I feel like a terrible mom-to-be and feel the need to explain my feelings to random people. 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @TiffRox81  um yes I know your pain.. I wanted those SO BADLY for my early July baby but couldn't bite the bullet on the damn price tag. I was shocked! They're so stinking cute I am glad someone bought them at least.
  • @theshannondee The set is 40% off right now! Still spendy for newborn clothes that kid will fit for about a week or so, but I couldn't resist. I'm saving my receipt in case they reduce anymore in the next week!!! 
  • Hahaha, @jennyleigh16!! Love it! I'll keep my fingers crossed you get to use your outfits!!
  • @stellaluna14 lol! "What are we going to do about that?" That's funny
  • am0987am0987 member
    Watching Live with Kelly this morning (because hospital bed rest, thanks a lot pre-e) and Alec Baldwin is cohosting and asking/commenting about Kelly's pregnancies. I just couldn't help but feel awkward for her but she played it off well. It's none of your business how big her boobs were or how large she was! A little disappointed she didn't bitch slap him on national TV. 
  • My SIL just booked a trip to Europe from July 1-15 (I'm due the 20th) I said it's likely she will be gone for the birth and she freaked out saying "well I assumed because your first baby was late this one would be too" not how this works but ok... My MIL who is coming to help out for a month (love her btw) is coming from July 16- August 20... She also can't understand that she may not make it. Which means I may have to call on my brothers girl friend to look after my daughter when I go into labour. Umm I just had a growth U/S and I know they aren't perfect but this baby (head, legs, tummy etc) is measuring two weeks ahead! Sometimes you just have a feeling/intuition when baby will arrive and ultimately them all come on their own schedule!
  • Funny how everyone always has a date they think works for them...
    My family does truck/tractor pulling and my Dad is committed/under contract to run a schedule throughout the summer. It just so happens that the weekend after my due date he needs to be at an event in Tennessee so he shared early on that if I could have the baby the week before - he's off that weekend! lol. Sure Dad, I'll see what I can do!
  • Was talking with my "best friend" on the phone the other day...she just had her baby boy last month. For some reason she kept saying stuff like "I still can't believe you're having another boy! I thought for sure you would have a girl!"  Ok, friend, ...thanks for repeatedly rubbing that in my face. People at work keep bringing this subject up too. I just. can't....I want to punch somebody. Can't wait for this pregnancy to be OVER!
  • Just need to vent....my last day at work was last week, I 100% quit and now am only working my 2nd job at home (online) and will continue to do so after DS makes his arrival. My FT job was super stressful, and I was there for 5 years, and I think now some of my coworkers are realizing some of the crappy situations I cleaned up for people, because now they have to do it. I got texts from 2 coworkers yesterday about separate issues (one was more venting, the other wanted to call me to discuss an issue that is going on)...ummm, I'm not getting paid anymore to stress about that place! Please get used to me no longer being there!!!
  • @puddles03 I'm the one telling everyone this baby will be late like DD was. Haha! I think I'm trying to give myself as much time to mentally prepare as possible. If this baby comes early at all, I will be very surprised and feel like I'm somehow not ready. Not that there's much more I need to actually do.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • eymieymi member
    @rakel88 Fake a smile for NO ONE!!! Everyone who asks me about this pregnancy gets the same response "I'm over it! SO over it!" And all labor questions get the same response "Fear is the mindkiller. Bring it!

Stuck in the box! Everyone's getting the "I'm over it" from me too - paired with a smile if it's a good day, and whatever tf look I feel like if it's not. I've been super lucky that this has been such an easy pregnancy, but I don't want to do it anymore! I'm 35+6 ... I'm excited, I'm anxious, I'm bored, I'm tired, I'm uncomfortable - I'm over it!

• eymi said:
    @rakel88 Fake a smile for NO ONE!!! Everyone who asks me about this pregnancy gets the same response "I'm over it! SO over it!" And all labor questions get the same response "Fear is the mindkiller. Bring it!

Stuck in the box! Everyone's getting the "I'm over it" from me too - paired with a smile if it's a good day, and whatever tf look I feel like if it's not. I've been super lucky that this has been such an easy pregnancy, but I don't want to do it anymore! I'm 35+6 ... I'm excited, I'm anxious, I'm bored, I'm tired, I'm uncomfortable - I'm over it!

I thought for a moment that I was the only who's over it. A couple people at work I've talked to said that I'm selfish for being over my pregnancy or that I need to relax. At least I'm not alone. 
  • Totally over it.  I'm tired, grumpy, and feel icky all the time and I just don't want to do it anymore.  I feel like a kid pouting for ice cream (which by the way I'd love to eat but it makes me feel sick.) I can't muster up the energy to pretend to care anymore.  Someone asks me how I feel I tell them I'm over it.  I've never sugar coated anything before ... so why start now. Plus this weekend brings on the first 100 degrees days and I. just. cant. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love both mine and DH's families. That being said, both sides are a little.. I don't know what the right word is..irritated? that our induction is the weekend that it is. My dad has a big work thing that weekend that ends Sunday night, so he wouldn't be able to get here until Monday. DH's family had planned a big camping trip for that weekend as well. It's only about 45 minutes away, but none of them get service at the lake. We really didn't get much of a choice, my doctor had already scheduled the induction by the time I got to my appointment. My mom is the only one who will likely be there while I'm in labor (which is how I wanted it anyway!) but the others seem a little disappointed that they won't be around. None of them have come outright and said they're upset, but it's just the vibe I'm getting. Oh well, I guess! Baby could have come on her own that weekend, anyway.
  • LadyFleck said:

I came home early from work to work form home and spent 15 minutes in my husband's lap crying bc I just want it to be over. He tried so hard to cheer me up by saying, "We only have a couple of weeks left, honey," to which I replied, "But I have to work and be a mom and a wife AND pregnant that whole time! How am I going to do that???"

Bless my hubby for not laughing directly in my face at how pathetic I must have looked. But I felt like a broken woman at that moment. Not proud, but glad I'm not alone.

Sending you all the non-creepy internet hugs. I want to cry a lot of times just from the wife/mom to toddler/pregnant gig. My heart goes out to you.
  • lucy2113 said:
    Just watched this the other day, and I agree 100% with everything she said, all the way down to the bacne! 
  • @LadyFleck We are so in the same boat right now. I had a crying meltdown this morning talking to my mom on the phone and then again when my husband got home just now. I'm so over this. 
  • DH's dream event is happening 3 weeks and a day from my due date-watch jaws in the lake floating in inner tubes. Is it insane to think I can do this?  It takes place 3 weeks from now and it is looking like 37 weeks = miserable. I so want to do this for him like a last no kid hurrah but am I crazy? My thought was water feels good on our poor overburdened bodies?
  • Do it! I am 37 weeks with no sign of this kid coming. I stayed in water all weekend last week and it was glorious. 
  • @ktomorrow I don't think you're crazy. It's a local event? If so, not like you couldn't be where you need to be in a crunch if anything happened!