July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 6/6 Randoms

Re: Week of 6/6 Randoms

• Options
    @Heathereaddy hells to the yeah!!!! Major accomplishment! Hopefully you can take a bit of time to relax before the little one comes now! 
  • Options
    Congrats @Heathereaddy !!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I am so hoping I make it to the weekend before my due date so I can get a pedicure. Nothing sounds as phenomenal right now. I'm like you, I've had maybe 3 pedicures because I'm SUPER ticklish and they get to be kind of awkward when you're kicking your feet out on accident. 
  • Options
    Has anyone else had their fundal height be much larger than the number of weeks they are? Mine had been 1 week ahead this entire time and now it's 3 weeks ahead! I am a little concerned as I went in feeling like something wasn't right. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see what's up but some good thoughts/vibes would be appreciated.

Congrats @Heathereaddy ! That's awesome:)
  • Options
    Congrats @heathereaddy how exciting!!!! 
  • Options
    @Puddles03Mine was like 3 weeks ahead once and when I went back it was only 1 week ahead. My doctor said it was probably off bc of the positioning of the baby. Hope everything goes well tomorrow! 
  • Options
    @Puddles03 Mine was ahead two weeks ago and behind this week. It could just be baby's positioning. But hopefully your US will put your mind at rest!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @Puddles03 My fundal height was 5 weeks ahead at 28 weeks. The baby was transverse though. They were going to schedule me for an additional growth ultrasound, but then he turned and I've been measuring right on track since then. Could be positioning- try not to freak out too much. I'm sure they'll let you know if there's reason to be worried.
  • Options

@puddles03 I measured 5 weeks ahead last appointment. They weren't concerned. I've got a funny, long torso so he's just super spread out.

I hope that everything is ok, but I'm pretty sure it's just an estimate and it will be fine :)

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• Options
    @Puddles03 I measured on track until my 32 week appt. My Dr wasn't concerned I measured short due to the baby most likely settling toward "the out route" as she put it.
  • Options
    @Puddles03 I agree on the position affecting Fundal height. One week I was measuring 3 weeks ahead on one side and a week behind on the other because baby was shoved up into a corner all weird. My midwife was not concerned. Ever since then I've measured right on track. 
  • Options
    @Puddles03  Yes, I've been measuring ahead. At 30 weeks, my midwife said I was measuring ahead and a growth ultrasound was ordered for my 32w checkup. That ultrasound  at 32 weeks measured LO at 35 weeks. At my 34 week appointment, just last week, my fundal height was measuring at 38 weeks. Next week when I go for my 36 week checkup I have another growth ultrasound to do to check on LO's size again. 

Not really sure what to say that would make you feel better, because I've been anxious this entire time that LO will come early (this is #2 for me). Hopefully you will get a better understanding of what is going on after a growth scan - good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you all, this is my second and with my first I measured right on for every one except the 40 week where I measured small, they sent me directly to an ultrasound and from there to be induced because of low fluids. So having to be sent and having the opposite issue freaks me out a bit but I am glad other people have been through this with no adverse effects, it really does help to settle my nerves. My last experience with 3rd trimester ultrasounds was awful to say the least!
  • Options
    eymieymi member
    I've been lurking for awhile now too - and when I downloaded the app and tried to register it turned out I'd registered YEARS ago, never used it and didn't remember. Probably looking for conception/fertility info. Finally starting to make myself comfortable here and I didn't realize how much I needed an outlet like this! 38 days and counting!
  • Options
    @Puddles03 Mine has been too and my doctor is not concerned at all. My guy has been pretty big on his growth scans so imagine that's part of it
  • Options
    @eymi - Welcome!
  • Options
    Anyone else big on documentaries? Any suggestions? I have a running list of things to watch on Netflix and would love any recommendations. I've loved: The Champions, How to Die in Oregon, The Hunting Ground, and Dear Zachary. 
  • Options
    DH is contemplating a job change and just sent me info on the position he's going to apply for. He's hated the atmosphere at work lately, and I think it could be a good move. Is it selfish that I'm curious what the new job would mean as far as our current drop-off/pick-up schedule for daycare? Sometimes my job can be really inflexible, especially during our busiest times.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    ktomorrowktomorrow member
    edited June 2016
    @theshannondee if you haven't yet seen "Babies" now is the time. I know you can rent it on Amazon, but not sure about Netflix.

edited to add: @jwittwer not selfish, just very smart. Much better to ID less glamorous issues with new job potential now than when he's started and stressed with that!
  • Options
    @theshannondee my husband and I love a good documentary. We love all the Ken Burns ones, especially Jazz. I also never tire of watching Cosmos. The last documentary we started was a series called Human Planet that was really interesting! 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 Ken Burns is the best! His doc on Huey Long is fantastic.
  • Options
    NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited June 2016
    @theshannondee The Mask You Live In is phenomenal and thought provoking. The bureaucratic bullshit in How to Survive a Plague will anger you a la 'Making a Murderer'. Being Ginger is lighthearted and hilarious. 

Eta: Killing Them Safely will also make you see red. 
  • Options
    @ktomorrow I have seen that but its worth another watch I think!
    @stellaluna14 Ohh I have seen things about Human Planet, I will add that to the list! Thanks!
  • Options
    @Nerdchild I'll add those. I never finished Making a Murderer...I should give that another shot too. Hubby is a ginger so we will have to watch that!
  • Options
    @Nerdchild how have I not heard of Being Ginger? I'm a ginger! This will be remedied.
  • Options
    NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited June 2016
    @theshannondee My husband and I couldn't finish 'Making a Murderer', he got way too upset. I don't know how you got through 'The Champions'. Dogs are a soft spot for me, and we have a pit-type rescue dog. I'm not prepared to test my pregnancy hormones. 

@ktomorrow It's mostly a whimsical dating saga for a red haired guy (and comes across a little Amelie-esque, which is terrific), but he gets into the abuse he suffered from peers, teachers, and strangers growing up, which is heartbreaking. 
  • Options
    Sorry, two more: 'Welcome to Leith' (neo-Nazi troglodytes try to take over a small town) and Sugar Coated (about sugar, obv.)
  • Options
    @theshannondee another vote for anything Ken Burns here. DH and I really enjoy his stuff! I'm also a huge fan of anything David Attenborough: Blue Planet, Life, Africa, Planet Earth.. we love our nature documentaries too!
  • Options
    @theshannondee I just watched "Autism in Love" on Netflix - a documentary that follows several adults that have varying degrees of autism and how they have dealt with dating/marriage. It's quick, just over an hour.
  • Options
    @theshannondee the jinx is the best documentary I have seen in a while. It will make your blood run cold. I felt sick from it for a few days. But in a good way. 
  • Options
    Lurking for several months, due July 5th with baby girl. In regards to the measuring, I've been measuring consistently 1 week ahead the entire pregnancy, including my 20 week ultrasound but recently over the last 6 weeks I have now been measuring 1 week behind my due date.....the doctor has me scheduled for an ultrasound next week prior to my appointment to check things out. It sounds like she isn't to concerned, given my appointment is next week but I am nervous. Any others have experience with this?
  • Options
    @laura091314 I do know that the measurements they take during ultrasounds and during the fundal height measurements are estimates that are not totally accurate.  My doc says they might do a growth scan to check if I were measuring 2+ weeks ahead or behind. Measuring 1 week ahead or behind is probably within the error limits of their measuring, so no, I would not be worried about that at all especially if doc is not worried.
  • Options
    Oooh thanks for the new recs! I did watch The Jinx. That was a whole new level of creepy but the others are new to me!
  • Options
    @laura091314 what she said. Basically every measurement is an estimate. From what I've read on the bump from others experiences, there were ladies who were so concerned about their baby measuring way behind, only buying preemie outfits and come to find out, baby comes out 9lbs and only fits 0-3 months! I read this a while back in a thread asking about what size clothes to buy for baby.