July 2016 Moms

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• @backbypopulardemand yes! It's awful. I asked my doctor about it at the last visit and she said totally normal, especially on the right hip side. Hope yours starts to feel better soon! 
  • Yeah I pretty much dread trying to get out of bed or roll over. I have to lay there and mentally prepare myself for the pain. Then proceed to limp pitifully to wherever I'm going. It made me very grumpy this morning.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Add me to the period like cramps.  I will get 3 or 4 in a row then nothing for 6 plus  hours. 
    And they hurt, like take my breathe away. 
  • Has anyone not had BH yet? I'm trying to decide if I should be happy that I'm not going through them yet or if I should be mad that my body isn't preparing my uterus for the storm that's about to hit us...
  • Has anyone not had BH yet? I'm trying to decide if I should be happy that I'm not going through them yet or if I should be mad that my body isn't preparing my uterus for the storm that's about to hit us...
    Yeah, I think quite a few of us are experiencing them. How many weeks are you?
  • @cupcakebugx3 with my first they were so mild they were barely even noticeable, if at all, I can notice my BH contractions much more now. You're probably having them and just not aware of it.
  • I've moved to sleeping on the basement couch because of the getting out if bed problem.  I was sad at first cuz my bed is super comfy plus I miss cuddling with my husband but the couch allows me to easily roll off with not much effort so that wins out.  @stellaluna14@winnie1122
    I had them 2nd tri but haven't noticed any since beginning of 3rd tri, which I thought was odd. Probably not a big deal.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
  • I'm 32 weeks. I'm not worried yet since I still have some time but I also want to make sure my body is prepared =) 
  • @cupcakebugx3 chances are you are having some and just don't feel them. I feel some of mine for sure, but last time I was getting measured by my midwife she had to wait because she said I was having a contraction and I couldn't feel anything unless I actually touched my belly, then it felt really hard. 
  • @cupcakebugx3 chances are you are having some and just don't feel them. I feel some of mine for sure, but last time I was getting measured by my midwife she had to wait because she said I was having a contraction and I couldn't feel anything unless I actually touched my belly, then it felt really hard. 
    That's good to know! I haven't been concerned about it but this is definitely my first pregnancy so I didn't know when to expect them. I figured that if it was something to be concerned about my doctor would have mentioned something last week when I told her I didn't think I had experienced any yet. 
  • @cupcakebugx3 I feel the same as you - I have no idea if I'm having them or not. The odd sensations I feel seem like contractions but then when I read about what BH contractions feel like, I start doubting myself. I've consoled myself by thinking I'm probably having them and just have no idea. Your body knows what to do!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • @cupcakebugx3 this is my first pregnancy also, and I didn't think I was having any Braxton hicks either then I was getting monitored at the hospital for contractions last week and she kept pointing out the Braxton hicks I was having (and I couldn't even tell) now that she's pointed them out if I am relaxing at home I can feel them a tiny bit, but my guess your probably having them you just don't know it. 

Im with the pelvic pain vagina jab/ stabbing pain! I've had it since 25 weeks but it's getting worse on the daily ESPECIALLY in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get out of bed to pee. My doctor says its normal, blah! 
  • lizhurtlizhurt member
    I have always been a fast walker (long legs + general impatience), and now I can only waddle slowly and it's killing me. Also my feet picked this past week to finally get fat, right when I was looking for shoes for my baby shower. Needless to say, that was not a fun process and I wound up saying f*ck it and buying a size up. 

Also, I am in the not having/feeling Braxton Hicks department. I keep thinking they are probably happening but I just don't feel them or know what I am feeling.
  • @cupcakebugx3 I thought I wasn't having any either. This week (33 weeks) is the first week I have been able to really tell I am and I still don't feel them, but they're super visible and I can touch them and tell from the outside. I'll see the baby's feet and elbows poking out in different spots while laying down, then the whole belly will well up into a hard ball and all his little pokes disappear for a minute. Then when the BH is over I can see his little pokes again. Try not to worry- you're probably having them and just lucky enough that they aren't uncomfortable. Keep an eye out though! You might be able to figure out you're having them other ways.
    I haven't had any either as far as I know. 
  • @schaze I believe it does. I just bought a special scrub brush so I can scrub all the walls.  What is wrong with me?! 
  • austinjl said:
    I've moved to sleeping on the basement couch because of the getting out if bed problem.  I was sad at first cuz my bed is super comfy plus I miss cuddling with my husband but the couch allows me to easily roll off with not much effort so that wins out.
    I sleep on the living room couch at least 3 nights a week.  I don't on the weekends because I feel bad not sleeping with my husband, but man, between the 3 pillows and two fleece blankets I use, the couch is heaven.  So much easier to roll out of too haha
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am not usually allergic to poison ivy but last time I was pregnant I got a little patch on my leg, which was one of the indicators in early pregnancy that I knew something was amiss. 

Now I have a lovely patch of poison ivy at the top of my stomach right under my bra, trailing down the front of my bump. Nothing worse than poison ivy rift where your baby sticks her butt all the time. TORTURE!
  • I'm having a Rough day. I have random anxiety today. I can't shake it and I really just want to go home and go to bed. Couple that with the horrid shortness of breath and my abilities and patience is quite small today. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @samantha1206 Sounds like a good enough reason to go home sick for the day. 
  • foxa319foxa319 member
    My cholestasis itching is out of control, last night I had to put ice packs on my feet to numb them to stop from itching. It's getting to the point where it's affecting my daytime/ work life now and I just can't seem to get it together. I had cholestasis with ds but it's more severe this time and the symptoms are worse. I'm being induced on June 12th since my liver is being such an a hole! 26 days... I can make it! 
  • I had to go back to the doc to drop off my pee bucket. My blood pressure went from 140/90 yesterday to 154/92 today. I am the queen of scary low blood pressure normally so that sucks its crazy high now. I have to go back again on Friday once they know my protein count and will test my blood pressure again to determine preeclampsia. I sort of feel emotional about it all, besides worrying about little dude. I am such a planner that this "lets wait and see" approach is really hard for me to swallow. Pity party for one!
  • @theshannondee stay brave mama! Thoughts are with you!
  • WevilleWeville member
    @theshannondee I hope everything comes back okay
  • @theshannondee I can sympathize with you on that, i'm usually a planner as well. Hang in there! Hopefully, Friday you will for sure get answers and have a plan going! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• @theshannondee I am a total planner too, that would drive me crazy! Hopefully you get answers soon!!
  • Sorry @theshannondee ! Hopefully your blood pressure starts to go down. Yeah, the wait and see part is hard, but once you get past blood pressure and pre-eclampsia "wait and see" then you will be stuck in the "when will my water break and when will I go into labor" wait and see stress!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Awww. Good luck to you and I'm sending positive vibes your way @theshannondee
  • To all those suffering with horrific nighttime heartburn... ever since I got a wedge pillow to sleep on I haven't woken up choking on stomach acid. I highly recommend getting one! I bought this one: https://www.relaxtheback.com/sleep/bed-wedges/contoursleep-side-sleeper-bed-wedge.html
  • The last two nights consisted of me waking up at 3am not being able to go back to sleep.  It's like my body is trying to prep me for motherhood.  Not fun when you're trying to get as much sleep as possible before babies come!!!

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Besides still randomly vomiting every couple of days, I have an unquenchable thirst. I always try to drink a lot of water, but yesterday I drank 5-6 bottles of water and still went to bed thirsty. I didn't want to have to pee 50 times in the night so I cut myself off. I had dreams all night long about going to Sonic and ordering Route 44 sized unsweet teas  :D Currently downing strawberry juice. 
  • I've been sleeping on my right side more than my left because as soon as I turn over to my left side, I immediately feel like I have to pee. It's like that position puts more pressure on my bladder or something. I get that the left side is the best for sleeping but it's so darn uncomfortable there's no way I could stay like that all night.

• @TxTeacher91
    Me too with the thirst.  I had that this weekend.  I know I drank like 7 bottles myself and still didn't feel like I'd had enough.  Drives me crazy. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Besides still randomly vomiting every couple of days, I have an unquenchable thirst. I always try to drink a lot of water, but yesterday I drank 5-6 bottles of water and still went to bed thirsty. I didn't want to have to pee 50 times in the night so I cut myself off. I had dreams all night long about going to Sonic and ordering Route 44 sized unsweet teas  :D Currently downing strawberry juice. 
    Also so thirsty all the time...and where do you find strawberry juice?! That sounds amazing! New mission: find strawberry juice and drink all of it. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15