July 2016 Moms
Options

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• Options
    @TxTeacher91 I have been so thirsty too!! I didn't know if this was a normal symptom or just my body playing a cruel joke on me by making me have to pee every 5 minutes. 
  • Options
    ktomorrowktomorrow member
    edited May 2016
    @TxTeacher91 I get ridiculously thirsty for days every time baby girl's goin through a growth spurt. I may or may not have fantasized about an IV for water at night on those days. 

Edited because autocorrect failed...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @winnie1122 it's actually coconut water with strawberry, apple and lemon  :# I can mainly only taste the strawberry though. It's from Wal Mart in the produce section with the other individual serving juices and it is DELICIOUS. 

@arhodes6 Me too, I could literally go every five minutes, but I've been trying to make it at least 20 -_- 
  • Options
    Anybody else getting subtle clicking noises from their belly? It initially freaked me out but I saw how common it was when I googled it. All of the "possible reasons" websites listed sounded like a bunch of bs. It literally sounds like when my bones click except I'm staying still so I know it's not me, and it's literally coming from my belly.
  • Options
    @victoria98  I haven't heard it very often, but I have experienced it 3 or 4 times so far and each time it makes me completely freeze because I don't know what it is. I have terrible wrists so I recognize that click, but it sounded right near where LO is so it kinda freaked me out. Doesn't seem to have effected him in any way either, he is still wiggly as always, so maybe its out pelvic/hip bones adjusting?
  • Options
    @victoria98 yes!! I actually thought I was going crazy. Glad to know others have heard this as well! 
  • Options
    I stretched my hamstrings, (back of the leg), every day, and it DID help. 
  • Options
    So I shouldn't be alarmed if it feels like my cervix is being pried open if it's not accompanied by regular contractions? 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I get that feeling every once in awhile too. I will probably mention it at my doctor's appointment tomorrow.
  • Options
    I have a doctors appt tomorrow too! I am going to mention it. My sister even said she thinks I should ask for them to check me just in case. Couldn't hurt right? She's had 4 kids so I tend to trust her opinion, lol. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 and @LadyFleck we can be in the body/cervix ripped in half club together I'm walking like I've been riding a horse all day which is barely because I want to cry with every step.

ive also given up trying to sit up on my own either husband helps pull my whale self up or I just roll until i reach the floor or edge of couch or bed like blueberry girl from Willy Wanka.

does anyone else's stomach just feel so so heavy? 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 and @LadyFleck we can be in the body/cervix ripped in half club together I'm walking like I've been riding a horse all day which is barely because I want to cry with every step.

ive also given up trying to sit up on my own either husband helps pull my whale self up or I just roll until i reach the floor or edge of couch or bed like blueberry girl from Willy Wanka.

does anyone else's stomach just feel so so heavy? 
    I do. My stomach feels heavy all the time and it hurts so bad. Even more so when I'm trying to sit up or if I'm lying on my side 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand ugh yes. Just basic maneuvering is such a bitch right now. And the belly is so heavy! I think I'll just live in the tub now. 
  • Options
    My belly and pelvic bone kill too. It is at the worst at night when I turn and getting up if I've sat for awhile is terrible. I could use a cane during those moments! I asked my doc about it last week and he said he hears it all the time and it's very normal. The last couple days the RLP under my belly has chilled a little so it's been nice. I guess baby girl had quite the growth spurt the last couple weeks because that ligament pain was no joke. Hang in there ladies!! 
  • Options
    @schaze Doctor was not concerned with increase in BH or the stabbing cervical pain. He said as soon as they are coordinated or accompanied with other signs of labor it's nothing to worry about. He didn't even check me even though the nurse thought he'd want to. Meh. I have another appt in a week if anything changes. 
  • Options
    Racso12Racso12 member
    I just had to google butt cramps. Anyone else have this issue? It's just on one side. Pain is too strong of a word. But it definitely doesn't feel good. It's more of a twinge but it stops me from continuing to walk, got down the stairs, etc. until it subsides and it is not continuous. It's been on and off for the last couple days. I tried having my husband massage it but it didn't work.  And I can't localize the exact spot through massage either. 
  • Options
    Racso12 said:
    I just had to google butt cramps. Anyone else have this issue? It's just on one side. Pain is too strong of a word. But it definitely doesn't feel good. It's more of a twinge but it stops me from continuing to walk, got down the stairs, etc. until it subsides and it is not continuous. It's been on and off for the last couple days. I tried having my husband massage it but it didn't work.  And I can't localize the exact spot through massage either. 
    Sciatic nerve pain ? 
  • Options
    Racso12Racso12 member
    @HMcDade1 That's what I initially thought but the sensation doesn't shoot down my leg. I don't know a ton about sciatic nerve pain but I always assumed that was more of a shooting pain than discomfort in one spot. I could be wrong!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure one of the babies is kicking me in the colon or bowels cause I'm getting weird pains, doesn't really hurt just feels weird but it more in the back than the front so that's all I can think.  Also sometimes will get a pain right where my leg meets my belly, thinking its just my body getting ready for labor.  I'll probably ask my dr about it this week.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    Interesting and scary morning. Got ready for work as usual and on my way driving there started getting sweaty and felt faint. Was terrified since I was driving so I pulled over, hazzards on, blasted the A/C and dialed 911! Just kept breathing deep breaths. Once dispatch was on the phone I kept breathing I started feeling better. Ambulance arrived but by that time I had already felt better. They took my vitals and all was normal. I didn't want to go to the ER because I felt fine. I went to work and have been drinking water like no ones biz!
    I have no idea what this episode was. I made an appointment with my primary later this afternoon for this. I have no known aliments and only take my prenatal, biotin and a low dose of generic prozac. I hope I get an answer although I read early on it could be a surge in hormones and this is normal. NORMAL? That was terrifying!!!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kellz14kellz14 member
    @Jodi1980 Scary!!! Something similar happened to me about 2 months ago.  I got heart palpitations and felt light headed and faint just out of nowhere. Luckily I was working from home that day and so was my husband. So I basically just got on the floor and put my head down in an attempt not to pass out - and yelled out to MH for help.  I recovered a few minutes later and felt OK enough to sit up.  But felt shaky for the rest of the morning. I told my OB about it (I happen to have an appt with her the next day) but she just said I should go see my primary care Dr and ask him about it....  I never did - but I never had another episode since then. Crazy! Hope it's nothing for you, but see your Dr!!
  • Options
    thanks @kellz14 Glad to hear that you were ok after your ordeal! I go in at 2:40pm so I hope doc can figure out whats the deal. I feel fine now (of course) so that doesn't make finding what was wrong earlier any easier but better to be in good health for me and baby than going through that crap again! 
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SerpicaSerpica member
    @Jodi1980 @kellz14 I had an episode like that in the 2nd trimester. Fortunately I was at a doctor's office (good timing) so they had a nurse check me out, I got time to rest and drink up. My OB mentioned that sudden drops in BP happen during pregnancy, and that it's not a major source of concern unless it happens recurrently. I do think it must have been particularly scary having it happen while you were driving, I'm sorry you had to deal with that! It did help me to be really vigilant about fluids, regular food intake, and also regular activity levels (not too little but also not too much - I had my episode the day after I walked for way too long). 
  • Options
    Racso12 said:
    Sounds like what I've been going thru- SI joint pain. Its not a constant "pain" but its a lot of discomfort. At times its a shooting pain depending on how my hips are. Didn't get better until I had a chiropractor readjust me, but it's like night and day. No kind of massage will help it, I tried. 
  • Options
    My ankles are disappearing and my feet are achy...even in the morning when I've been off them!!!  
  • Options
    SerpicaSerpica member
    @austinjl if this is swelling-related (sounds like it) I highly recommend compression socks! Although it's annoying to be wearing tight socks especially as the weather gets nicer they have pretty much solved my swelling issues... Not the achiness though, that I continue to harass my partner for feet massages :smile: 

• Options
    I'm also wearing compression socks and they make a huge difference! They are awfully hot, especially under pants/leggings but wearing them under maxis has been okay for me thus far. 
  • Options
    @jodi1980 that feeling happens to me frequently when I'm at work first thing in the morning. Putting my head between my knees or lying on my left side helps it and it goes away completely after 10-15 minutes. My doctor thinks it's related to blood pressure but could be blood sugar too. Did your primary have any input?
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 are you feeling better now? That sounds so scary!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @jodi1980 - my doc thought dehydration too. I was drinking 2 liters of water a day but increased it to 3 liters and cut out all coffee (even my half caff). It helps and I actually don't feel like I'm ready to float away! Hope your symptoms don't come back! 
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 I'm glad you're feeling better! That sounds so scary. 
  • Options
    @sboston06 I am thoroughly impressed that you can get your head between your knees! 
  • Options
    @Jodi1980 UGH that was me yesterday. Underboob sweat is a whole other beast first thing in the morning.
  • Options
    So exhausted. I was really lightheaded about 45 minutes ago but not sure if it's from being over tired or baby is causing it. I have a dr appointment today so I'll be asking them
  • Options
    @Schmooie730 hope everything is okay with you and baby!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker