July 2016 Moms
Options

May Symptoms Thread

Re: May Symptoms Thread

• Options
    @Backbypopulardemand ugh the sciatica is awful, so wines it feels like I'm stuck in one position and can't move without breaking something. I did get some relief, even if just for awhile, when I got on my hands and knees and did cat/cow in the shower with the water hitting my low back. 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand definitely try an Epsom Salt bath. I got sciatica pain before pregnancy a lot since I work with little kids and am constantly leaning over tiny tables. The Epsom salt baths always helped to ease the muscles enough that I could at least relax with minimal pain for the rest of the evening. Also, one of those contour pillows between the knees at night helps a ton. I toss and turn a lot at night so it doesn't stay with me the whole night but usually I fall asleep with it and when I go to move my back is no longer sore. It keeps the hips aligned well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is hot today, and I'm a raving b-word. I feel awful for everyone who has to be around me. I feel terrible about it. I just want to sit on the couch with a huge glass of ice water and a fan, and some books. 

It's hard to mama when you're pregnant. 
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    Nausea is back with a vengeance today. I'm trying to make myself small things to eat to see if it helps but dry heaving and food prep suck. 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I had intense hip and leg pain (not sure about sciatica) with my first pregnancy, and it felt like I'd never be back to normal. Take heart...after that baby comes out and you recover, most of the pregnancy sickness, aches, and pains become distant memory. The sickness was gone immediately upon birth, even, and I was sick all three trimesters. There's a bright light at the end of this long tunnel! ;)
  • Options
    I'm tired AND restless AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!
  • Options
    austinjl said:
    I'm tired AND restless AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!
    This is me right now.  Just organized my shower gifts and wore myself out.  But there is so much more to do!

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    I can't take this heat and it's only may!
  • Options
    @Weville I feel your pain. I've had to be on medication the whole pregnancy to be able to function. Hope you get some nausea free days soon.  
  • Options
    I feel like the pregnancy adds one degree to the heat for every pound I've gained. Ufda. It says it's low 80's, but I'm sure it's well into the 100's! 
  • Options
    @Tatiana616 I feel that. My poor husband keeps having to put a sweater on at night because I crank the fan up. And I'm in my underwear. Last night I asked him to put in our window AC this weekend so I can really cool down. 
  • Options
    I feel gross today. Almost like I have a hangover without having drank anything. Hardly seems fair 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 I feel like that when I'm too tired! I seriously stop making sense and I can't stay awake. I feel all gross no matter how much water I drink. I fell asleep mid conversation with someone. I was talking about ponies. No recollection of what I was saying. When I feel like that it's my cue to go the f to sleep. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Two words: Fire hips

My goodness I've never felt joint pain like this in my life. It makes it extremely difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep. My poor husband has to deal with my constant trashung.
  • Options
    Kid is chilling in my ribs today, ouch. Been pushing him down all day, he must think it's a game because he scoots right back up. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Kid is chilling in my ribs today, ouch. Been pushing him down all day, he must think it's a game because he scoots right back up. 
    Mine lives there 24/7. I try to push him down but he is stubborn! My right side looks totally deformed because there is a giant lump all the time. The only relief I get is from laying on my left side at night. 
  • Options
    I can't stop my peanut m&m craving! Ahhhhhhh
  • Options
    am0987am0987 member
    TMI but... I had a wicked case of diarrhea last night! I was also kind of nauseous so I t was one of those situations where I wasn't sure which end it was going to come out of. So glamorous.

On the bright side I hear that diarrhea can be an indicator for impending labor? I'm 35 weeks so ideally LO needs to cook a little longer but I wouldn't be sad if he came a little early. 
  • Options
    My feet are killing me. My back and hips are achy. My body just feels like it's going to fall apart any day now. Sooo uncomfortable! But I do still love feeling baby roll around in there. Until she's shoved up in my ribs.
  • Options
    jennyleigh16jennyleigh16 member
    edited May 2016
    @schaze My massage did wonders for my hips and lower back. I think we don't realize how compressed and tight that area is until it's loosened up. If you have a place nearby that does prenatal massages I highly recommend it. I promise it will help! 
  • Options
    I have this weird sort of bulge on the top of my bump. It's right between my ribs and it's squishy to the touch. Doesn't hurt at all. Is it my totally squished stomach? DH is trying to convince me its my liver. 
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    @schaze Getting in a pool today totally did wonders for all my aches, as well getting a massage is always incredible
  • Options
    I thought I'd have a few weeks left of I swollen ankles/legs/feet, but here I am at almost 34 weeks and am thinking I need to get some compression socks. It's uncomfortable!
  • Options
    @jlmartinez517 right there with you!!! The more hot it gets the worse my feet get. My toes look like little Vienna sausages. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I have been doing Epsom salt baths and some prenatal yoga. I do more of my PT exercises. I think I'm at the just got to suck it up and deal point of pregnancy uncomfortability :) I will definitely keep up the Epsom soaks and try and do more yoga though ! 
  • Options
    35w3d and the first of the stretch marks just showed up. Damnit all to hell!
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I have stretch marks on my stretch marks from my first pregnancy. Just what I want! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 Last time I was free and clear until 38 weeks and then they blew up. I was hoping for the same this time but I found them hiding under the belly (while doing some really weird mirror contortionism yesterday). 
  • Options
    WevilleWeville member
    I am also on team foot balloon this weekend. I totally underestimated how huge they could get in the heat 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I can't even remember when mine showed up. But they are all over. It looks like a tiger mauled the lower half of my belly. It's very glamorous ;) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I totally made the mistake of looking at my underbelly with a mirror last week! Now I'm scarred for life (no pun intended). Looks like I'll have one marvelously striped FUPA when this is all over.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I can't even remember when mine showed up. But they are all over. It looks like a tiger mauled the lower half of my belly. It's very glamorous ;) 
    Same. My mom said the purpleness would go away eventually, but all the little stretch marks I already had from growth spurts never faded....so I don't have much hope for my poor tiger belly. Oh well.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck Same here. I've had them on the underside of my boobs for a couple months but thought I was free and clear on my belly until I caught sight of some this week under my belly button. I was so hoping I'd magically escape them. 
  • Options
    allthingscozyallthingscozy member
    edited May 2016
    The constant peeing. How can I be peeing that much when i have not drank anything for hours ?! 
  • Options
    Morning sickness is back with a vengeance today. 3 times and counting  :s
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand I'm with you regarding the constant peeing. I swear I'm up close to 10 times a night. The one morning I got up at 2:45 to go pee and went back to bed. The next time I woke up to go I was in excruciating pain like I hadn't gone for hours. I looked at my phone when I went back to bed and it said 3:17. A little over 30 minutes!? I couldn't believe it.
  • Options
    My right back/flank is killing me.
  • Options
    I feel like punching everyone today. Symptom?
  • Options
    I feel like lifting my legs up to put on pants or shorts is like lifting 100lb sausages. Her head has gone down and it's so heavy to lift my legs now lol. Also my patients are p*ssing me off more than usual. Sometimes I just wanna tell them to stuff it or choke ... lol only a couple more weeks left I keep telling my self.