July 2016 Moms

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• Making spicy miso ramen with marinated beef and soft boiled eggs. 
  • Out at a Mexican restaurant—chicken tostadas
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We're having pizza and watching basketball. It's been a long day!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Easter leftovers tonight: baked ham, sauerkraut, black eyed peas, mashed potatoes, and King's Hawaiian bread. yummy.
  • Pork loin, roasted sweet potatoes, something with apples and brussel sprouts with bacon 
  • Today is DH's birthday so I'm making his favorite: Enchilada Lasagna (it's an Alton Brown recipe). I wanted to make him his favorite strawberry rhubarb pie but no stores around here are carrying rhubarb yet :(  I'm really sad!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • @sboston06 Enchilada lasagna sounds to die for!
  • If DH feels better, I'm hoping to make a one pot Hawaiian pasta dish.  Otherwise, it's going to be hotdogs on the George Foreman. 
  • @sboston06 - that's such a good recipe! it's really hard to go back to jarred/canned sauce after having that. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 34 / DH: 35
    Married: Halloween 2010
    DS: February 2014
  • Using left over chicken to make chicken tacos. Mmm I can't wait. I hope it's actually good ... 
  • NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited March 2016
    I had a one of the mini turkey pot pies I made with the holiday birds. 

My husband is on a weird diet and had chicken breast, sweet potato, and brocolli (all plain, bleck). 

Edit:words
  • We had chicken piccata with angel hair pasta and roasted broccoli. For dessert I had angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream - everything was delicious!
    Me: 33  DH: 31
    Married: 8/9/2010
    3 Furbabies - Kumo, Mal, and Lynx!
    Started TTC August 2014
    BFP #1 - 12/16/14 EDD 8/22/15 - MMC and D&C 1/23/15
    BFP #2 - 7/10/15 EDD 3/20/16- chemical pregnancy, ended 7/16/15
    BFP #3 - 11/12/15 EDD 7/21/16 - wishing and hoping for a sticky little bean!

July'16 BMB May Siggy Challenge - Star Wars:

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Velveeta nacho bake :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I begged my husband to bring home veggie pineapple fried rice and spring rolls from our fav Thai place...and I was full after 1/4 of it and my stomach felt like a balloon :( so disappointing! 
  • @jlmartinez517 gas medicine has made a world of difference I still get full fast but I don't have as much discomfort 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I just ate a burrito the size of my head. Excuse me while I sink into this coma. 
    That sounds amazing 
  • Cuban sandwiches tonight: sliced boar's head ham (leftover from Easter), swiss cheese, dill pickles, and mustard grilled on my George Foreman to perfection :)
  • rnyland1 said:
    Cuban sandwiches tonight: sliced boar's head ham (leftover from Easter), swiss cheese, dill pickles, and mustard grilled on my George Foreman to perfection :)
    STAHP. Cubans are my weakness.
  • @ButterMyBiscuit I wish I also had pork roast to make it truly authentic. What kind of bread should I use?
  • rnyland1 said:
    @ButterMyBiscuit I wish I also had pork roast to make it truly authentic. What kind of bread should I use?
    If you can't get Cuban bread, try ciabatta or panini bread.
  • Thanks @Lindsayleigh1989 def think it was partially the sodium that caused my belly to inflate like that, since I don't really eat salty foods often. But have noticed the gas and constipation returning this week...fun!
  • BLTs and "Mexican" taco pasta salad.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Tonight it's baked macaroni & cheese!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • My husband made to die for burgers tonight. 
  • Tacos. Always tacos. 
  • It's my turn to make dinner tonight... and we're having bean and cheese burritos only because I'm too tired to come up with a real meal.  :#
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Cheeseburgers, green beans, and corn
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Began sausages with peppers and onions, salad, and all the tots a person could ask for. 
  • @blissylissy86 Give me some of your tots!
  • I'm just on here trolling for ideas for dinner!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • so im making salmon with wild rice and green beans tonight.  I love salmon but the real inspiration was finding out I gained 5 pounds in only 3 weeks.  So here's to healthy eating!
  • We are down to the nitty gritty in our pantry/fridge. I need to go grocery shopping but the nearest Kroger is HUGE and making a trip there is very tiring/takes forever. So it looks like homemade chicken salad (with fancy canned chicken!) and ramen noodles for dinner tonight.  If it were up to my husband we'd eat fast food or pizza every night but yeah. . .I'm sure that's how we'll be living once the baby is actually here, so I'd like to delay that as long as possible.

• @LDSJM123 Those look scrumptious!
  • @LDSJM123 Those look scrumptious!
    They are so easy to make too! I love that they taste exotic and slightly Guarmet with minimal effort. @ButterMyBiscuit
  • @MrsRo731 if you remember the name will you post?? That would be nice to try!
  • @chels0120 - Will do!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016