July 2016 Moms

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• @Hmcdade1 im drooling. I love that kind of food. :)
    LDSJM123
  • TM14TM14 member
    edited April 2016
    Crockpot chili for dinner =) It's so simple and delicious. 

• Loading the player...
  • Veggie dogs with bacon and salad
  • Tonight its just me so I'm having black bean and sweet potato quesadillas. 

Anyone have an awesome recipe/method/mixins for hamburger patties? I've been craving a really flavorful, juicy, grilled burger. I'd love something tried and true. 
    elenabrent
  • Still out of town for work, meaning another night of eating out. Can't wait for a home-cooked meal on Friday....
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• I'm alone and grumpy so I ate banana nut muffins for dinner. No shame. 
    mamafox14deuxbouledoguesLDSJM123
  • @LDSJM123 this is a little late, but adding Worcestershire sauce, cheese crumbles, and chopped fresh garlic to a patty makes a hell of a burger. Plus salt and pepper. 

Wevillemamafox14LDSJM123HMcDade1
  • @elenabrent  Thanks! I decided to combine a few things from different recipes I liked. Worceshire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, grated onion (for the juice and flavor), and after its made into patties, a pat of butter tucked into the middle that keeps it juicy while it cooks. Topped with aged cheddar. Delicious! I also made sure to get an 80/20 chuck. Also helps add flavor and keep them juicy. 
    elenabrentmamafox14
  • Why do I always choose this thread to browse when I'm hungry never ends well for me 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

elenabrentLDSJM123
  • Man now I want blue cheese burgers with bacon and jalapenos. YUM. 
    maddmamaLDSJM123
  • Red pepper quinoa with garlic wine marinated grilled chicken, tossed with an avocado and tomato chunks. Delicious. 
    HMcDade1jlmartinez517
  • DH and I went to visit his mom on the Cape and all I wanted was a lobster. Of course the place we went to was out of lobster :( I'm hoping this baby loves seafood as much as I do!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
    rakel88
  • rakel88rakel88 member
    @sboston06 ughh I could so go for a good Cape Cod lobster roll... I moved away from MA about a year and a half ago, and I miss that soooo much.
    sboston06
  • Here is another simple weeknight dinner I made last night  that turned out well. I used pork chops instead of chicken. 

https://eatathomecooks.com/tag/sheet-pan-dinner/

Jodi1980mamafox14
  • I'm making these tonight: spicy chicken shawarma pita sandwiches with tabbouleh.

Spicy Chicken Shawarma Recipes

mamafox14LDSJM123
  • Recipe please @rnyland1
  • https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-chicken-shawarma. The tabbouleh is from a box so all I have to do is add some fresh tomatoes and parsley to that.
    LDSJM123
  • Last night was Cajun roasted whole chicken with roasted broccoli and green onion smashed red potatoes. 

For tonight I made an asparagus, kale, and sweet Italian sausage Stromboli with fresh mozzarella, ricotta, and whole wheat dough. 

Our CSA started Saturday and boy have I missed it! 
    Jodi1980holly142
  • @LDSJM123 I wish I lived with you. Everything you post always sounds divine.
    jjtrufflesLDSJM123
  • Last night was toooooo hot to make anything warm. So I made penne pasta salad with tuna, Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, heirloom tomatoes, grilled asparagus, parmasan, and greens from the garden. Tasty and refreshing. 
    rakel88LDSJM123deuxbouledoguesNerdchild
  • left overs hotdogs, burgers, chicken, pasta salad and fruit...if it's a reason to be lazy and not cook/grill, i'm so there!  ;)
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    LDSJM123
  • @LDSJM123 I wish I lived with you. Everything you post always sounds divine.
    You can come visit anytime you like! Cooking and my garden are about my only hobbies, so I have fun creating things and making nice meals. 
    Jodi1980deuxbouledoguesmamafox14
  • @LDSJM123 Does your H help you at all with dinner prep and clean-up?  I used to love cooking, but now I just can't do it anymore since I'm so exhausted and DH doesn't hardly ever want to lift a finger around here and help with dinner prep and cleanup. So it's frozen food/fast food all the time now for the past couple of weeks. Sad. I imagine it will stay that way until. . . .who knows, but probably a while since we'll have a newborn and everything :/
  • rnyland1 said:
    @LDSJM123 Does your H help you at all with dinner prep and clean-up?  I used to love cooking, but now I just can't do it anymore since I'm so exhausted and DH doesn't hardly ever want to lift a finger around here and help with dinner prep and cleanup. So it's frozen food/fast food all the time now for the past couple of weeks. Sad. I imagine it will stay that way until. . . .who knows, but probably a while since we'll have a newborn and everything :/

I wish he was home to help! But 95% of cooking is all me. He works a very demanding job (12-14 hour days). So he isn't home for dinner most nights. So I just clean as I go and then after dinner it's mostly just loading the plates/silverware in the dishwasher and maybe washing a pot or two. My daughter (9) and I just take care of our own dishes and we swap who gets to do the last pan or two. Since getting pregnant, I will say my husband has done a nice job of unloading the dishwasher when he notices it's clean and full on the nights he gets home a decent hour or on Sunday's when he's home. 
    Jodi1980
  • Do you take advantage of the crockpot? @rnyland1
  • rnyland1rnyland1 member
    edited June 2016
    @LDSJM123 Sometimes but not as much as I should. This pregnancy is really kicking my butt this time.
  • I have a ton of 5 ingredient "dump" crock recipes if you're interested? Just about zero prep just dump the stuff in and go. @rnyland1
    rnyland1Kellyj103jwittwer
  • @LDSJM123 yeah that sounds great! Feel free to PM me :) thanks!
    LDSJM123
  • @LDSJM123 oooh can you please send those to me too? I love your posts and I really need to get on this but I'm a terrible cook and I get overwhelmed. I would love some dump crockpot recipes to try. Thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

LDSJM123
  • Just got to work, will send out messages late tonight or tomorrow :)
  • @LDSJM123 This Sunday, I plan to put my pins to use and take 4-5 hours, hoping I can stand that long, and make my frozen & crockpot meals! I'll let you know if I survive!  :D
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

holly142LDSJM123
  • @LDSJM123  please feel free to send me the crock pot info as well. I'm a sucker for anything and everything crock pot related!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

LDSJM123
  • @sboston06 what great tips! I like the frozen onions because who likes to chop and cry?! The one lady I pinned from is so organized as she made the grocery list separate with all measurements for each recipe. I plan to do bake and freeze as well as crock pot meals. DH has work Sunday so I plan to do this alone but like you suggested plan to have done most of the grocery shopping done Friday after work since Saturday we have a graduation party to attend.
    We also try to purchase chicken wholesale and split it with the n-laws when it's a good price! We don't have a chest freezer either but have the side by side fridge freezer so I plan on cramming as much as I can in there!  
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

LDSJM123sboston06
  • @Jodi1980 this past Saturday I spent 3 1/2 hours making 18 freezer meals. That was start to finish! I used www.iamthatlady.com - she provides all the instruction and shopping list, super organized, all 18 meals at once type of thing. I've done two
    different crockpot dump meal plans by her and the meals are really tasty! Highly recommend (you do have spend about $8 for the printable paperwork, but well worth it!) 
    LDSJM123Jodi1980sboston06