July 2016 Moms
Options

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• Options
    We are having homemade baked chicken nuggets and roasted broccoli. I have the food preferences of a 1st grader tonight.
  • Options
    Salmon with grapefruit avocado salsa and cilantro lime brown rice. Thank you to the PP about the meal planning app. I downloaded it and I LOVE it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last night was baked salmon filets with butter toasted pine nuts and slivered almonds, rice, stir fired asparagus and oyster mushrooms, steamed broccoli and carrots. Clearly I am starving all the time because I just can't have enough courses...
  • Options
    Chicken tacos... again. Because that's all I want other than cereal. This food aversion thing can end anytime now.
  • Options
    Since I can't feel my face or breathe through my nose, nothing sounds good, so cereal it is!
  • Options
    Husband got back early from the field. We went to Friday's. I'm so full and laying on the couch like a big turd :) 
  • Options
    Slow cooker carnitas we're using for soft tacos. I'm really excited to get home and eat. Not gonna lie.
  • Options
    Second day on the new meal planning app. Not in love with cherry tomatoes but willing to try anything to slow my weight gain a bit. 
  • Options
    spaghetti with Italian sweet chicken meatballs.  It was actually really good.  
  • Options
    New recipe in the crockpot today, honey garlic chicken and vegetables. Looks good, hope it tastes good! Will probably make some mashed potatoes to go with it when I get home.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Husband volunteered Saladworks so Sophie Salad with Lemon Capri Dijon dressing it is!!! SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!  :D
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Eko14Eko14 member
    DH bought me an electric griddle from Christmas. I broke that bad boy out today and made peirogies for the kids. A lighter taste than using a frying pan and way less greasy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    Tonight we made yakisoba noodles stir fried with shitake mushrooms, broccoli, onions, garlic, fresh ginger, and kimchi. Yumyumyum.
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    Tonight we are having burrito bowls. I changed up what I typically do and tonight it's ground turkey cooked, with fire roasted tomatoes, corn, and taco seasoning added. That goes on the bottom of the bowl to be topped with black beans, cheese, Greek yogurt, and avocado. I.e.: whatever taco fixings you love. 
    I totally do the greek yogurt too! Taste JUST LIKE sour cream and way healthier! Good stuff!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

• Options
    Pretty excited about dinner tonight. I bought a cast iron grill pan and weight on Monday in case the weather doesn't cooperate. I used it with chicken yesterday and it was awesome. 
  • Options
    MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited April 2016
    @Julymama2x - I'm happy you like the app; we love it, too. I'm so happy my husband found it. We've had a few misses but for the most part the meals have been excellent and most only take 30 minutes to make!

Edit - I just realized we're also making this recipe tonight!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options
    Tonight is a comfort food family favorite, beef and noodles with green beans. I grew up in farm country bordering the Amish. Where I'm from we have a thing called canned beef. It's a bizarre concept to most, but it's utterly delicious. It's essentially pot roast that had been canned in its own natural juices.

Its just egg noodles, a stick of butter, the beef and it's juices, seasoning salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Just the way my mama and grandma made it.  <3 
  • Options
    I'm glad you posted it! Thank you so much. I couldn't remember which member posted about this. We will have to compare notes in the future on likes/dislikes. 
  • Options
    If it's party size, it counts as a meal, right? 

• Options
    @LDSJM123 I plan on making those Korean tacos this weekend. Stooooked!
  • Options
    You will love them! I was skeptical of the slaw, it seemed too simple, but it's the perfect addition to the tacos. Damn it, now I want tacos. Who am I kidding, I always want tacos. All. The. Tacos. @ButterMyBiscuit
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    You will love them! I was skeptical of the slaw, it seemed too simple, but it's the perfect addition to the tacos. Damn it, now I want tacos. Who am I kidding, I always want tacos. All. The. Tacos. @ButterMyBiscuit
    They were delicious! My husband agreed that the slaw just gives it a little extra something.
  • Options
    I'm far too lazy to cook tonight. Olive Garden to go it is!!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    Date night tonight we went to our favorite small town restaurant. I had the special tonight and it was prime rib with steamed veggies and potatoes soo good! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 can I come live with you and eat all of your food?
    ditto @LDSJM123 you're bringing me back to staten island when this was a sunday ritual with my family...i'm seriously sitting here salivating!   
    jodi
    whitehall, pa

• Options
    @ButterMyBiscuit @Jodi1980   YES! You are welcome anytime! I've always loved entertaining and cooking. Now let me figure out how to explain to my husband that I invited 2 internet strangers over to hang out ;-) HAHAH

Also, didn't you make the tacos @ButterMyBiscuit ? Did you like them? 
  • Options
    LDSJM123 said:
    @ButterMyBiscuit @Jodi1980   YES! You are welcome anytime! I've always loved entertaining and cooking. Now let me figure out how to explain to my husband that I invited 2 internet strangers over to hang out ;-) HAHAH

Also, didn't you make the tacos @ButterMyBiscuit ? Did you like them? 
    yes ma'am. I actually posted about them up there somewhere ^^^. Two thumbs up!
  • Options

We had roasted cauliflower tacos last night with cilantro-lime slaw (thank you Thug Kitchen!!). My husband typically throws a hissy fit whenever I cook something vegetarian/vegan but Thug Kitchen recipes are usually on point and he loved this one! I try to make something meatless about once a week.

• Options
    @noelietrex I have been living on cold quinoa salad with avocado lately. Yum. 
  • Options
    Sweet fire chicken & rice

• Options
    @LDSJM123 I'm drooling about the beef & noodles. That sounds like some good comfort food!
  • Options
    Greek marinated chicken on naan bread with tomatoes feta yogurt sauce and onions! Yum!