July 2016 Moms

What's for dinner?

Re: What's for dinner?

• Leftover extra cheese and mushroom pizza. YUM. 
  • I made sesame chicken, white rice, and edamame. It's all gone!

• Loading the player...
  • Chicken nachos and a rootbeer float. I could skip dinner honestly. 
  • Tonight we are having pork and sauerkraut sliders with Swiss cheese, whole grain mustard, and oven roasted herbed potato wedges. 
  • Made chicken breasts seasoned and breaded in cornmeal then panfried in butter, then simmered in chicken broth. Salad. Mashed potatoes for everyone, except me, I had a sweet potato. 
  • Salmon filets, mashed potatoes, giant salad. 
  • Last night DH made salmon burgers - they were amazing! Tonight we're having thai peanut chicken wraps. Yummmm
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Tonight I'm trying this recipe. Hope it's as tasty as the picture looks. 

• All these dinners are making me jealous. I cannot wait for the moving to be over. Two more days and I'm making a monster dinner in a new kitchen
  • Lemon butter chicken over pasta with asparagus. Not a light meal, but filling and delicious.
  • Roasted ham and coleslaw!
  • Baked breaded cod, Kansas blend rice & roasted asparagus. Absolutely delicious!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Unstuffed cabbage soup with yak. Its pretty tastey and surprisingly lean
  • @stellaluna14 same here. Apparently there is a boxing match tonight. My husband's buddies are coming... With pizza. They know the way to the pregnant lady's heart. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• I had a frozen French bread pizza since real pizza makes me sick right now :( but I'm actually cooking tomorrow. Spaghetti with ground turkey, and "homemade" sauce, aka... I add tons of garlic, carrots, celery, onion, and the ground turkey. 
  • Made the lazy lady's version of this the other night: 
    https://www.carlsbadcravings.com/honey-coconut-cashew-chicken-stir-fry/

It's AMAZING. I skipped marinating, skipped toasting coconut flakes and cashews, even skipped the sriracha too, and it was still incredibly tasty. I used the rest of the coconut milk to make the rice too. So so good!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Me: 34 / DH: 35
    Married: Halloween 2010
    DS: February 2014
  • lolomommy1lolomommy1 member
    edited April 2016
    We had pepperoni pizza and bbq chicken salad, and now a Hershey bar.  Tonight I said fuck it. It was a long day.
  • Tostadas and Spanish rice yum! Homemade rice & beans. I fried the corn tortillas and cut some up and made chips. 
  • Last night was Honey Nut Cheerios with vanilla soy milk. Very classy.
    Tonight I kicked it up a notch with a crockpot full of potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and seasoned chicken thighs. I'm all about a meal that I can make at 9am and forget about until dinner. 
  • DH just came back from a work trip to Philly so he is determined to replicated the Philly cheesesteak he had there. TomorrowI'm making salmon blts because I want all the bacon but feel like I should be healthy too. I'm  having a hard time cooking after Tuesday because I am so tired after work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• AAAG13 said:
    DH just came back from a work trip to Philly so he is determined to replicated the Philly cheesesteak he had there. TomorrowI'm making salmon blts because I want all the bacon but feel like I should be healthy too. I'm  having a hard time cooking after Tuesday because I am so tired after work. 
    Not real unless you use canned cheese whiz :) 

• Also amazing over elbow pasta as a fake version of mac and cheese.  Just a thought.
  • Baked spaghetti here!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @PinkLady2015 we did in fact use that! It took me forever to find it at the store! I could put cheese wiz on so many foods! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Tonight I made a red curry with shrimp, cabbage, onions, oyster mushrooms, carrots, and Korean chili powder served over rice with kimchi on the side. Happy tummy. 
  • Half a steak and cheese sub that sucked and a small caesar salad which was good. 
  • I had pho last night (takeout) and it was awesome.  I've got crock pot herb chicken and veggies going at home as I type this. going to be good.
  • @LDSJM123 haha no crack in this recipe! And by "herb" I mean parsley, etc... crack or not though it is a very easy recipe to follow: place chicken and raw vegetables in crock pot with seasoning packet and some water.
  • 2 bean sloppy joes! I've made these a number of times and a much healthier alternative than man-wich!  :)
    https://www.acouplecooks.com/two-bean-sloppy-joes/

jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WevilleWeville member
    edited April 2016
    I made cashew chicken stir fry for lunch. That was delicious 
  • Grilled cheese and vegetable soup, because it's cold and rainy AGAIN in Pittsburgh blahhh
  • Today is the MN Twins home opener, so it will be whatever new items they've added that sound delicious!!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• @jwittwer I look forward to trying the new foods at the stadium every year too! I'm going to a game the end of May there you'll have to let me know what is good! Tonight we had grilled jalapeño pineapple brats with grilled mushrooms, tomatoes, and asparagus! It was delicious and made me excited for Summer time food! 
    Anniversary
  • We had an early dinner of baked salmon and asparagus. Then DH asked if I'd be opposed to having a second dinner of steak. No, I will not turn down a delicious steak! So steak and potatoes at 9 pm it is.
  • Stouffers mac and cheese, all to myself (Hey, everything else I had today was either a fruit or a vegetable, I deserve this!)