September 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms Thread: March Edition!

Re: Randoms Thread: March Edition!

• Options
    @AmMcc12 sorry to hear this, good luck with everything...
  • Options
    Today is my mom's 4th anniversary of being in heaven. I feel numb. I miss her so much and just wish I could share this experience with her. I know she's with me but not the same. I'm thankful I have 2 women in my life now who are like my mom and speak words  of wisdom,kindness and love. Can't wait I see her again. I'm so happy and joyous for the baby growing inside me...ashes for beauty...life lots and lots of sweet precious life....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @tbearlion , my Mom died about a year ago. This has been so hard without her. She was so excited when I was pregnant with my first. She called every day to check in. 

No one loves you like your Mama. 

I also have a couple of women who were her friends and mean well, but they're pretty busy with their own families. I feel really alone. 

I wish we didn't have to lose the people we love. It's hard for us left behind. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @AmMcc12, that is a really hard thing to go through, especially watching your grandfather go through this with the woman he loves so much. I hope your visit goes well, if you are still planning the visit for this weekend. It's so hard to watch someone go through dementia/alzheimer's, my grandmother is in the beginning stages and some days it's really tough. Big hugs! 
  • Options
    Ohh ew some of my kids at MDO bring lunchables and they gross me out!! 

And am I the only one whose baby won't have a nursery? He/she will share our room for at least 6 months and then share with either big sister or brother until we get a new house with more bedrooms. I will miss decorating for it, but makes it easier to go team green. 
    No you're not the only one- we have a one bedroom apartment, so our baby will be in with us until we either rearrange the apartment and give up our room to them- making our living room our room and the front room our living room, or until we find a bigger place (or at least one with a second small bedroom). We are on a lease until November. The problem we have is, we just moved here in November and we love it so much! But we still have to tell the landlord, so who knows- maybe they won't want kids in the place so we may have to move again. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally catching up after being on telling everyone our news duty for the last few days!!!

@TNgoldengirl @Sporty1216 & @KarenBeth714 I'm right there with you all- one bedroom apartment so baby's with us. My latest random concern is what to do about my husband's alarm in the morning if the baby's in the room with us. His alarm is set for 4:45 a.m. and he usually hits snooze once or twice. No way that will fly with an infant in the room. How do people get around that? Our couch is not comfy for sleeping, and doesn't pull out- so we may have to get creative. :/

We had our 12 week scan a couple of days ago and decided to start telling more people since it went great. The baby would not sit still! We're so in for it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @AmMcc12. Thinking of you and your family during this time. <3 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary       

• Options
    @AmMcc12  I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, it is a really difficult thing to go through. My Husband's grandmother was diagnosed with dementia a year ago just after her husband passed away, it was really painful for everyone around, now she still lives at home and her three kids help pay for a full time caretaker six days a week and they take care of her on Sundays. 

There is nothing that makes this diagnosis more easy, but you should really spend time with her while you can. And it's okay to cry.
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    @SarahMConnors  yea we have similar issues- Either we move out dressers out of the bedroom and squeeze baby in there and put those out in the hallway, or baby in the hallway corner area. Have a lot of arranging to do. But I have a question about the landlord- isn't is illegal for them to kick you out bc they don't want a kid there? 
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 It is illegal for a landlord to evict you because of your children or expected children, but it not illegal to evict a family that has children.  You can definitely fight an eviction on the grounds of violating the Fair Housing laws preventing discrimination based on familial status, but if the landlord has another legal and viable reason for eviction, you might still lose.  Not sure if you're asking for specific reasons or just to be aware, but if you think there is a reason for concern, I'd look into getting help from a legal professional who can advise on your specific case/state/etc!
    https://http//www.nationalfairhousing.org/Portals/33/PSAs/brochures/Fair%20Housing%20for%20Families%20Brochure.PDF
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Oh - thanks @Jabreen I don't have an issue, I was asking bc of the previous post... I would imagine if your landlord tried to evict you for some other ridiculous reason all of a sudden while you are expecting, you would have a case on your hands.
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 sending you love and hugs

• Options
    Finally catching up after being on telling everyone our news duty for the last few days!!!

@TNgoldengirl @Sporty1216 & @KarenBeth714 I'm right there with you all- one bedroom apartment so baby's with us. My latest random concern is what to do about my husband's alarm in the morning if the baby's in the room with us. His alarm is set for 4:45 a.m. and he usually hits snooze once or twice. No way that will fly with an infant in the room. How do people get around that? Our couch is not comfy for sleeping, and doesn't pull out- so we may have to get creative. :/

We had our 12 week scan a couple of days ago and decided to start telling more people since it went great. The baby would not sit still! We're so in for it! 

...... I didn't even think of that. My husband's goes off around 4. Sometimes he wakes up before it goes off but sometimes he doesn't ... Crap!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

• Options
    @AnnaS930 I finished You Before Me. I definitely should've finished it when I was home alone. My poor DH and dog have no idea what to do with me right now. 
  • Options
    I just scrubbed out our bathtub for about ten minutes and now I'm absolutely exhausted. Oy!

• Options
    Our baby is down the hall but my husband worked at 4am throughout the first few months of his life and still does a 5 am  (wakes at 4) at least once a week. White noise near crib can block out a surprising amount of noise. We both wear fitbits which can sync with a phone alarm and vibrate on your wrist instead of being audible. Like I said.. emmetts room is down the hall 10 feet from ours but does ok with noise.

That being said, we were never silent when E went to bed. We try to be more quiet but wanted him to be able to sleep in most conditions and he does (except at daycare.
     Things are way too noisy/fun there for anything more than a half hour nap)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Maine caucus results: bernie wins, beating hillary almost 2-1. 
    And now I know that a caucus takes an hour not 5 minutes, but my son was so good! Whew!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaS930 said:
    Our baby is down the hall but my husband worked at 4am throughout the first few months of his life and still does a 5 am  (wakes at 4) at least once a week. White noise near crib can block out a surprising amount of noise. We both wear fitbits which can sync with a phone alarm and vibrate on your wrist instead of being audible. Like I said.. emmetts room is down the hall 10 feet from ours but does ok with noise.

That being said, we were never silent when E went to bed. We try to be more quiet but wanted him to be able to sleep in most conditions and he does (except at daycare.
     Things are way too noisy/fun there for anything more than a half hour nap)
    I second the noise machine! That will help a lot. Those early days are always a blur to me, looking back, but we had each baby in our room for 6+ months and it was rarely an issue. 

• Options
    @SarahMConnors our DS always slept through DH's alarm! It never bothered him. And he isn't a particularly good or heavy sleeper! So there is a chance it may not even be an issue. But the white noise machine is a good idea. It did help my son sleep better once we transitioned him to his crib and it would help drown out the alarm noise. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH's alarm never bothered my DD either. She was in our room in a PnP until 5 months, and we never had any issues. He uses the alarm on his phone and keeps it on his nightstand, and DD was next to my side of the bed, so it wasn't going off right next to her. I agree a white noise machine could help if you are finding it to be an issue. 

• Options
    @AnnaS930 I'm so jealous of people thay get to be pregnant with someone they are close to! With my first, I found out I was pregnant the day my first nephew was born and my other SIL found out she was pregnant a couple weeks after DD was born. So our babies are close in age, but no joint pregnancies. We were the first of our friends to have a baby, too, and still are the only ones.

• Options
    @camichael84 - I was jealous of the pregnant friends last time around too! Last time, my husband's friend and his wife were due 6 weeks after us.. I actually only met his wife after both of our boys had arrived and we've gotten together a handful of times over the past year - but didn't get to share the pregnancy at all.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 that is so exciting!! How fun for you
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • Options
    @TNgoldengirl OH NO!!! hahahahah. That's really unfortunate but also hilarious. Leave it to a husband to only be half listening and turn a compliment into an insult! ALTHOUGH, it shouldn't be an insult, rock that bump!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 hahah yeah I laughed about it but then punched him in the arm. I think my bump at the time was mostly food-induced lol. 

• Options
    @TNgoldengirl I'm having the opposite problem with my DH. This weekend I asked him if he thought I was showing yet, and he says I look the same as always. I've lost weight, and there is still a noticeable roundness to my belly that I can't suck in. I know I'm not imagining it, and now I think DH always sees me as looking this way.

Also... according to the new reports, Peyton's announcing his retirement today. Going to attempt not to cry and fail miserably. And will cry even harder if he doesn't retire a Colt.

• Options
    @camichael84 noo I'd chalk it up to them just being completely oblivious! This was the first time mine had said or noticed it. Then he realized on our trips in May I would have a good sized bump (22ish weeks) and got to thinking about that!

And I knowww... :,-( bittersweet moment! We will miss him for sure but I'm happy for him! I will probably cry too..I hope I pick up the channel it comes on and can watch live. I told MH he will have to join me in cheering for Eli now. 

• Options
    I guess I feel like if you announce on Sunday that you will announce your retirement on Monday - then you just did, and don't need a press conference. It's great for his fans, but all of these athletes who announce announcements are just ridiculous to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
     @AmMcc12 I'm sorry to hear about this, sending internet hugs.  I hope telling them went well.
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 He didn't announce anything yesterday. Press got wind of it, and it took off, as happens with media.

@TNgoldengirl I'm going to try to catch it live, too. Your husband can cheer for Luck now. :wink: 

• Options
    jhems776jhems776 member
    edited March 2016
    So H and I "babysat" on Saturday from 11pm to 2am.  The baby didn't wake up at all and the dog actually stayed on her bed the whole night too.  I will never do it this late again though, we actually went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 10pm to go over there, also their place was freezing (64 degrees).  I was so tired all day yesterday and didn't do any of the errands I needed to do.

On Sat morning we went to this in-home day care agency/contractor parent info meeting.  I am warming up to the idea and have in my mind what would be acceptable.  If I could find someone who is only watches 3 infants I would love that but do not want one person watching five kids ages infant to five. I am also pretty sure our 8 year run of sharing a car will be ending and we will have to buy a second car to make daycare work.
  • Options
    jhems776 said:
    So H and I "babysat" on Saturday from 11pm to 2am.  The baby didn't wake up at all and the dog actually stayed on her bed the whole night too.  I will never do it this late again though, we actually went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 10pm to go over there, also their place was freezing (64 degrees).  I was so tired all day yesterday and didn't do any of the errands I needed to do.

On Sat morning we went to this in-home day care agency/contractor parent info meeting.  I am warming up to the idea and have in my mind what would be acceptable.  If I could find someone who is only watches 3 infants I would love that but do not want one person watching five kids ages infant to five. I am also pretty sure our 8 year run of sharing a car will be ending and we will have to buy a second car to make daycare work.
    I'm super impressed you made it 8 years.  I don't think I could make it one week without being super irritated.  Do you guys work together?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jhems776 Getting a second car will change your entire life. My husband I shared a car for 11 years. When our daughter started kindergarten last year, we FINALLY got a second car and I can't ever go back. We're just going to have to make two car payments and a daycare payment work when this baby comes.

• Options
    Just catching up after being off TB all weekend...

@AmMcc12 So sorry to hear; my grandfather was also diagnosed with pretty advanced Alzheimer's last year.  My family has had a tough time with it so I know what you're going through.  Stay strong.  I'll be thinking of you and your family!

@TNgoldengirl Careful punching your DH in the arm...  I did the same this weekend (for pretty much the same reason as you, no less!) and DD saw me.  She then insisted that I tell Daddy sorry and give him a hug because "hitting is mean."  Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just told a co-worker (also a good friend) that, if she stole another crouton from my salad, I would eat her. Nope, not hungry at all. Except ALL. THE. TIME.

@JennM205 - That's too funny about your DD. I love it! DS and DD totally call me out when I do things like that or when I use the words dumb or stupid...."Mom! You used a bad word!"

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    @diagonalley  We have always lived in a place H has been able to walk to work and have always lived in a really walk-able area.  For the last three years we have lived in the DC and within a half mile of the rail.  I think now we will need to move away from a rail stop for cheaper rent and better parking :/  .
  • Options
    @AmMcc12 that sounds like a wonderful result of you telling them your news. Sometimes a little ray of sunshine really helps us see the good in life, even in the toughest of times.
    Pregnancy Ticker