June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    CourtJack said:
    Also, we currently have 9 stickies.
    The average amount on the other '16 BMBs is 7.

How do you mobile bumpies handle it?? I'm annoyed just using my desk top.

I know. How do we get stuff UNstickied?????
    ^ Yes, this question! We only need maybe 2! 

I think we're ok to unsticky the miscarriage sticky. For some reason I can't tag bump admin here - can someone else?
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin- can we please reduce the number of stickies on our page? Thank you!
    Yes please!!!!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes on stickies and annoying shower posts!
  • Options
    Getting back to Trump.  This is a picture of him with his lips replacing his eyes.  And he looks exactly the same.  

And then this.  I feel exactly this way.  And it scares the crap out of me (not literally....but I wish it did)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    PBear93 said:
    And then this.  I feel exactly this way.  And it scares the crap out of me (not literally....but I wish it did)

A small part of me still believes he's doing this all on purpose to remind everyone why history is important to remember.  If I tell myself that it's all an act enough times, that totally makes it true right?  It just seems like he's making a total mockery of the entire system and this is the only way my brain can rationalize it. 
  • Options
    @PBear93 I just saw your signature for the first time (been on mobile lately) and I am extremely uncomfortable
  • Options
    I am already so tired of politics I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep until it's over. I'm aware it's important and it effects the future and all of that I'm just not ready for another 8 months of this, especially the Facebook wars that have been going on  
  • Options
    PBear93 said:

A small part of me still believes he's doing this all on purpose to remind everyone why history is important to remember.  If I tell myself that it's all an act enough times, that totally makes it true right?  It just seems like he's making a total mockery of the entire system and this is the only way my brain can rationalize it. 
    I hope he is.  But I really don't think he is. I think his ego is too big to do this for show.  

• Options
    RE the UO on people with chronic medical issues.

I have to disagree with you on the "why do people with chronic medical issues bring children into this world" because I do think that a chronic medical issue should not prohibit a woman from bearing children.  Please correct me if I am not associating the connection correctly.

However, people that are NOT financially stable and think they NEED to rely on the financial support of other people to support their children?  That drives me bonkers.  Anyone that cannot afford the bare essentials for their children should definitely think twice about bringing a life into this world.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    I'm frustrated with my main client right now so I'm trying to branch out and find more freelance income. Submitted a blog post to scarymommy today and I was so nervous sending it in I'm actually shaking, haha. Need to pull myself together!

I am bummed that the auto-response I got back said that the woman who goes through and approves submissions is on mat leave until "Mid-March" so I'm assuming there's a backlog and I won't hear back for at least a month. Boo. 
  • Options

I'm frustrated with my main client right now so I'm trying to branch out and find more freelance income. Submitted a blog post to scarymommy today and I was so nervous sending it in I'm actually shaking, haha. Need to pull myself together!

I am bummed that the auto-response I got back said that the woman who goes through and approves submissions is on mat leave until "Mid-March" so I'm assuming there's a backlog and I won't hear back for at least a month. Boo. 

Dammit! I hope you get on the blog! What was your topic??
  • Options
    Anyone have an online babies r us coupon code?  
  • Options
    NicknShan said:

I have to disagree with you on the "why do people with chronic medical issues bring children into this world" because I do think that a chronic medical issue should not prohibit a woman from bearing children.  Please correct me if I am not associating the connection correctly.

However, people that are NOT financially stable and think they NEED to rely on the financial support of other people to support their children?  That drives me bonkers.  Anyone that cannot afford the bare essentials for their children should definitely think twice about bringing a life into this world.
    The chronic medical issues thing really depends on how they deal with it.  If they claim they can't do things that are entirely essential to caring for a child due to their condition and have no plan in place for how they will address the issue when a baby comes, then I agree that they really should be rethinking adding a child to the mix.  If they have a legitimate game plan, then by all means, procreate away, it's all in the attitude towards the problem.
    Yes, great additional text!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Options
    NicknShan said:

The bolded is totally the part I agree with.  And then the additional by whichever wise lady mentioned the "no plan in place" part. 
  • Options

@PBear93 Your siggy is cracking me up, at first glance I thought she was standing in front of a painting of corn dogs!!
  • Options
    @gray51015, someone else thought it looked like sausages.  We must be hungry pregnant ladies.  

• Options
    PBear93 said:
    @gray51015, someone else thought it looked like sausages.  We must be hungry pregnant ladies.  
    omg, it's not sausages!?
  • Options
    PBear93PBear93 member
    edited March 2016
    PBear93 said:
    omg, it's not sausages!?
    I think it's cat tails (at least that's what I always called them)

and if you were trying to be sarcastic--I apologize.  I'm really bad at detecting sarcasm, even in actual speech.  I just take everything literally.  

• Options
    TunieBeeTunieBee member
    edited March 2016
    NicknShan said:

The chronic medical issues thing really depends on how they deal with it.  If they claim they can't do things that are entirely essential to caring for a child due to their condition and have no plan in place for how they will address the issue when a baby comes, then I agree that they really should be rethinking adding a child to the mix.  If they have a legitimate game plan, then by all means, procreate away, it's all in the attitude towards the problem.
    Yes, this is exactly what I mean. Like I said initially, I would never want to deny motherhood to anyone and I also understand a lot of these issues wax and wane. What I don't understand is how if you are mostly dependent on others yourself and your condition is so unmanaged you can't get out of bed, take care of your dog, cook a meal or go to the grocery store, how are you going to care for a child? If you have resources, family, support, finances, nanny, etc. and/or have strategies to manage then I think it's a totally different story! 

• Options
    PBear93 said:
    PBear93 said:
    omg, it's not sausages!?

and if you were trying to be sarcastic--I apologize.  I'm really bad at detecting sarcasm, even in actual speech.  I just take everything literally.  
    I totally thought it was sausages until I saw your comment and realized it was cat tails, haha. In fact, at first I thought it was not even a painting, but literally just giant sausages hanging from the ceiling.
  • Options
    PBear93 said:
    PBear93 said:
    omg, it's not sausages!?

I saw cat tails after maybe my second look.. the ladybug made me realize it wasn't, in fact, a corn dog. I still can't help but grin when I see it though.
  • Options
    @Emztron500 cant wait to read that article!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's been iffy for awhile, but I officially feel like I'm playing a risky game in a horror movie whenever I attempt to shave in the shower. Freddy Kruger would struggle less, I'm sure of it. 
    My poor, poor H...

Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    It's been iffy for awhile, but I officially feel like I'm playing a risky game in a horror movie whenever I attempt to shave in the shower. Freddy Kruger would struggle less, I'm sure of it. 
    My poor, poor H...

Right there with ya. I feel like Edward Scissorhands whenever I try and shave. Especially my vag. Last time I tried I actually cut myself. Needless to say, I may either have to go full amazon woman, start getting waxed or have H help me out.
  • Options
    My poor, poor H...

Right there with ya. I feel like Edward Scissorhands whenever I try and shave. Especially my vag. Last time I tried I actually cut myself. Needless to say, I may either have to go full amazon woman, start getting waxed or have H help me out.
    Let it grow girls, soooo much easier.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @mrsschmity, he is a very smart man. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"