June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    VikingGirl12VikingGirl12 member
    edited March 2016
    @parsonsperson I am so sorry to hear this. My aunt had the same type of cancer and has been breast cancer free for several years now. It was also stage 1 which made it very easy to treat. Prayers.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @parsonsperson Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    @parsonsperson: Sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. Cancer blows.
  • Options
    @parsonsperson I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I know that has got to be hard for you and her family. Sounds like there's a lot of positive outcomes possible for her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So sorry @parsonsperson ! Sending hugs and prayers your way. 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @parsonsperson So sorry about your friend. Prayers for her and the family for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    I'm trying my hand at participating in the signature challenge. Is this too awkward? It kind of makes me uncomfortable...
  • Options
    I was JUST thinking about her!!!
  • Options
    @Emztron500 so sorry for what you and your little girl are going through. Sounds really hard and stressful. :( 
    @ahernandez16 ugh all of that sucks hard core. 

This Monday is a doozy...I just found out my best friend has breast cancer. I knew she was going to be getting biopsy results today or tomorrow, but she has glandular breasts and has had a few cysts in the past biopsied and everything's always been fine. But then when I saw I had missed her call and she didn't leave a message, my heart sank. And when I called her, she was crying. I went right over. It's stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma, the most common form, and the good news is it's very treatable. She has an appointment with a surgeon on Thursday. I know it's going to be okay. But she's understandably scared and shaken...and I just want to be there for her however she needs me. She has a great boyfriend, she's super close with her family...she has many, many people who love her and are there for her, including me. Still...this just sucks. Fuck cancer.

I'm so sorry to hear this, my mom had the same cancer but at stage 2 at 45. She had a few surgeries and lots of radiation but was a candidate to not do chemo due to the hormonal component of her cancer and was able to do 10 years tamoxifen instead. She hit her 5 year remission mark last month and is now considered cancer free!! It definitely sucks and nothing can take that away but be her source of positivity and support and love! It sounds like the odds are in her favor and it's so awesome they caught it early. Early detection can save lives!
  • Options
    so sorry to hear about your friend @parsonsperson cancer truly sucks. My aunt had a mammogram last week followed by a ultrasound and "they don't like what they saw" spent the weekend trying to lift her spirits when we have no idea what they even saw. Prayers for all. :/
    If it helps ease your mind at all, when they discover a mass that doesn't look good, it's only about a 15% chance the biopsy will be positive for cancer. They explained this to my mom after seeing two tumors in her breasts back in 2010, unfortunately, she was part of that 15% but the majority of people aren't. I hope everything comes out ok for your aunt
  • Options
    @MeganF08 Yeah, that's pretty bad.  Good choice. 

Also, is anyone else wondering if the girl from a few weeks ago on the third tri board ended up having her baby yesterday? You know, that "Don'tcha wish you had my doctor" girl...
    I was thinking about this girl last night and tried to look her up, but I was mobile and not successful in finding out!
  • Options

Also, is anyone else wondering if the girl from a few weeks ago on the third tri board ended up having her baby yesterday? You know, that "Don'tcha wish you had my doctor" girl...
    So...was she induced?

• Options
    sdnybrk said:

So...was she induced?

The jury is out.  I did look on the third tri board and didn't see anything but I'm going to check the Feb 16 board now...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    I am currently listening to someone try to explain to another person in the office what a primary is.

"Right now we have like, 50-some candidates.  And voting today will like, eliminate the independent party, so we vote for who we like, want to be President."

Hunh?
    And their vote counts as much as yours or mine does.  ::sigh::

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    NicknShan said:
    I am currently listening to someone try to explain to another person in the office what a primary is.

"Right now we have like, 50-some candidates.  And voting today will like, eliminate the independent party, so we vote for who we like, want to be President."

Hunh?
    Eye roll.
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    NicknShan said:
    crdo said:
    NicknShan said:

Hunh?
    Eye roll.
    I promise there will be more of these quotes today.  Like their current talk of Donald Trump and Ricky Rubio.

Note: I live in Minnesota.  Ricky Rubio plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA).
    Eye roll again. Sigh.
  • Options
    NicknShan said:

Hunh?
    The fact that this person is voting terrifies me. 

• Options
    Lilwatz said:
    crdo said:
    NicknShan said:
    crdo said:
    NicknShan said:

Hunh?
    Eye roll.
    I promise there will be more of these quotes today.  Like their current talk of Donald Trump and Ricky Rubio.

Note: I live in Minnesota.  Ricky Rubio plays for the Minnesota Timberwolves (NBA).
    Eye roll again. Sigh.