May 2014 Moms
Options

UO

You know this is your favorite part of the week. Bring your flame retardant suits.
Anniversary 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO

• Options
    I feel the same way about gender reveal parties.  Find something cute to do (if you want) and be done with it.  A friend of mine did a gender reveal at her baby shower with the cake.  Figure that was cute & everyone was already there for her shower.  

photo 547272ca-2f78-4a6c-88ce-0afe6fc98419_zps05f67081.jpg
    BFP#1 9/14/2013  ||  EDD 5/25/2014  ||  mmc discovered on 11/1/2013  ||  d&c on 11/6/2013
    BFP#2 12/8/2014  ||  EDD 8/19/2015 || please be our RAINBOW
    **All Welcome**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Empireceo said:

Miles2Go said:

My UO is that it makes me crazy when posters can't tell the difference between their UO and their FFFC. This is laziness. You can get it right. Seems like most people just don't care that there's a difference.

UO=opinion
    FFFC=confession

Examples:

FFFC: "Yesterday for lunch I ate sushi wrapped in cold lunch meat, topped with soft serve ice cream and sprinkled with unpasturized soft cheese and chopped up hot dog. Then I was in such a food coma that I chased it with an XL regular coffe with 17 turbo shots. I don't care! I do what I want! You don't know my lyyyyyfe"

Vs

UO: "I'm totally a judgy mcjudgerpants about anyone who eats any of the foods that are not recommended for pregnancy. Its like, omg, is of that hard? I totally know like 17 people who
    Contracted lysteria while pregnant. It's real. It happens. Say no to balogna!!"

See the difference? Ok, now quit doing it wrong. Or I will be that judgey mcjudgerpants from example 2.

FTR, neither of these examples are true for me. Also, this is not directed at anyone in particular.

::runs off to make smorgasboard described above. ::

Pics or it didn't happen. Also, please take a video of yourself eating it. Yummmm. Enjoy.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I hate when obviously pregnant women smoke in general but even more so when they do it in public! It just seems so attention grabby, like when 12 year olds do it.. And IM a smoker, both times I've been PG I have quit on my own before 9 weeks. It's not that hard. Just don't do it. Or wait till you are home.. Just yuck.

Lord I hope that's not unpopular.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    @2ismymax you'd be surprised..
    imageimage

Beautiful Baby Jackson born 8/25/2010
    Met the LOML 11/05/2011
    Expecting the LO 5/15/2014
    Getting Married 10/19/2014

• Options
    I can't stand when people post pictures of their kids multiple times a day on Facebook and then also post a rant on FB defending themselves. I really need to hide some people in my timeline, but still- There's lots of crazies out there and you don't need to put your kids face in the public eye all the time.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    Birth plans are stupid.  Your only plan should be to get the baby out safely.  How that happens shouldn't matter.  Drugs, no drugs, c-section, vaginal, water birth, squatting, on your back, whatever.  If you show up at the hospital with a 3 page birth plan in paragraph form, I assume you are a control freak who will crumble under the lack of control that parenting brings. Do your research so you know all the possibilities and then see what happens.  Birth is your first realization that you have zero control over your child.  You do the best you can and adjust to the situation as needed.
    This.

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• Options
    kramja01 said:
    In a similar vein to @czarmom, my UO is that it really annoys me when people automatically assume that "natural" or "organic" things are automatically better than non-organic or even GM crops. Do your research. (And by research, actual peer-review scientific papers, or at least articles written by people who have graduate degrees in agricultural science, not the yuppy mom next door that writes an organic blog). Yes, some things are better organic. Others are not.

Organic apples, for example, have about 10x the amount of pesticide on them as non-organic apples. How is that possible, you ask? The "organic" designation allows pesticides derived from natural sources. So chemists distill the exact same chemical compound from naturally-derived sources to match the standard pesticide. The only problem is, the formula derived naturally isn't as "pure" as the (non-organic) one derived in the lab. Therefore, farmers must use a great deal more of the "organic" pesticide than the chemically-identical one that comes from a lab.
    Blahahah....exactly :)

BFP #1 - DS 2007

BFP #2 - 8/25/13 - mmc 10/10/13

BFP #3 - 1/14/14 - EDD 9/30/14

• Options
    Kmbaybay said:
    I know it's an unpopular opinion- thus the reason it's here. I think Obamacare is a joke-- and I'm not a flaming republican.. Obamacare has SOME good things in it-- but the majority of it is so ridiculous it's painful. The things it will do to our Healthcare-- I hope nobody in your family ever has a serious medical concern. I've done my research- have you? Do you know what it will do to medical research?
    I was against it at first too.  But now I need it because it's the only thing that will cover pregnancy for me.  I have PCOS and they classify that as a pre-existing, so I have been unable to get a private policy.  So in that aspect, I want the insurance.  Does it address all the problems?  Definitely not.  It does nothing to bring the cost of healthcare services down.
  • Options
    Chellbell20 I hate it for you, I really do. But what i hate worse is the way that the research to save my nephews life will be effected. Sorry, but my nephews rare form of aggressive brain tumor is more important to me.
  • Options
    @Jmejme are you on wic?
  • Options

It was my assumption that Food Stamps (SNAP) and WIC would not be effected by the gov. shutdown. 

Correct me if I am wrong. 
    That's what they are saying at first, but from what I've heard/read, since the programs are losing their government assistance, they're only funded through the end of the week or something like that.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Kmbaybay said:
    Chellbell20 I hate it for you, I really do. But what i hate worse is the way that the research to save my nephews life will be effected. Sorry, but my nephews rare form of aggressive brain tumor is more important to me.
    I am so confused...... Your nephew's cancer research will be halted because of the shutdown, but you are thrilled about it??  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"