May 2020 Moms
Options

SAY WHAT!?!?!?

123457»

Re: SAY WHAT!?!?!?

• Options
    @bananapanda maybe just keep an eye on her temp because it will likely go up if in fact she is developing an ear infection.  I could just be a little drainage.  It could be that she got a little water in it somehow despite how careful I'm sure you are.  It's hard to say at this point.
  • Options
    @bananapanda Coughing was always what tipped us off to DD having an ear infection. That and tugging on her ears. Although once she got tubes, she never had another one. So hopefully your DD's was just a one time thing and she just liked getting medicine? FX she doesn't have another. ❤
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had a new woman start at work and yesterday was the first time I met her (our offices are scattered) and she came to work on an assessment with me s she could see what it was and literally we had been talking for maybe two minutes when she says “when are you due? I would’ve never guessed you’re that far you look so small” and I had no real response because I’m training her and don’t want to be the person she hates because I’m a bitch but it just caught me off guard like why is that one of the first things you say to  someone you just met also I’m plus size to begin with but you don’t know that...
  • Options
    @mamaj1220 I’ve gotten a lot of when are you due comments followed by wow you’re still so small lately. It seems like such a weird combination. First, you’re implying I’m pregnant without knowing and I know for a fact I could still pass for chubby in the right clothes. Second, it’s weird to tell me I’m still so small because why would that be a compliment? It goes the same way with telling someone they’re huge. Um rude. Let me go start pointing out people I think are small versus big and not pregnant and see how far I get.
  • Options
    I’ve gotten a few you are so small comments too lately. I have mixed feelings about them.
  • Options
    @pirateduck I feel like people say that to be polite/make you feel good. If you’re comfortable enough to comment to a stranger on their pregnancy, then clearly they’re not as small as you’re implying. 
  • Options
    @rox7777 yeah, the same comment coming from a stranger vs. a family member or close friend can have two totally different meanings  :D
  • Options
    I keep getting "you look good" comments and I still don't know how I feel about it. I know its meant to be a compliment and the implication is that I haven't gained a lot of weight. Do people (including family/friends) assume that I was suppose to double in size throughout my entire pregnancy? I may also feel weird about the comment because I don't "feel good", I feel pregnant and think that I look pregnant. 
    Me: 28  DH: 29
    FTM
    BFP 08/25/19, EDD 05/04/20
  • Options
    @drkoyya I've been getting "You look healthy!" a LOT, which I'm sure is code for "haven't gained a lot of weight".

The HR lady at work is the only one who's been super obnoxious about it, really - "There are two in there? Are you sure? You're due so soon! You're really not showing at all!" (Said over the course of a few days). I don't like it, I'm definitely showing and happy about it, and they're both growing just fine, thanks. Bah.
  • Options
    @louessbee just going to comment on the irony of your HR lady being the worst with the comments 🙄
  • Options
    @louessbee any time I see someone who knows I’m pregnant with twins they always comment on how they can’t believe how small I am for twins. My mom is the worst about it. Although at my last appointment when they measured me I was only 1/2 CM ahead in measurement from a singleton pregnancy, so I guess maybe they aren’t wrong.
  • Options
    @lisush Oh I know it! Our whole HR department is... Well, they're something 
  • Options
    That’s HR? Oooff. I’m sorry. 
  • Options
    I hadn’t seen my MIL for a week. She walked into my house at 7:30am yesterday and exclaims “wow your belly has gotten BIG!” Thank you, just thank you. 
  • Options
    @JStill0603 I would have said "so has yours!" But that is because MIL is a crazy bitch on her best days. When I was pregnant with DS1 she wanted him to be a girl so bad and was trying to force us to use a name by saying our girl name was a stripper name and then said that hers (which really sounds more like a stripper name) was the classier choice. 
  • Options
    My MIL texts me to see how I'm doing. She's referred to the babies as "such blessings" on more than one occasion. She did neither of those things when I was pregnant with DS or DD. Of course, this time she gets to brag to people about twins and she knows one is a girl. So apparently it's now something to be excited about. 🙄
  • Options
    @ruby696 and @mamaj1220 I can’t imagine what MIL would have done if this baby (the last one) would have been a girl. I have SS and DS and when we told them it was a boy she hit DH and said “is that all you’re good for?!” But she also loves my kids and she is super helpful and will watch them any time. I feel like I was blessed with a MIL that I like but sometimes the things she says just make me shake my head. 
  • Options
    @JStill0603 My MIL is all about girls. She didn't even acknowledge DS's bday. Each year on his birthday now, she gives DD gifts too. I pretty much despise her. My FIL is actually really good with both kids, so at least we have that going for us.
  • Options
    Last night I went to the bar with my DH and my best friend. I was sitting on a stool (very obviously pregnant) and sipping on my ice water. An acquaintance comes up to me and DH and says “What are you two doing out, I thought you were having a baby?! Did you lose it?” Cue awkward stare as I point at my very large belly.... 
  • Options
    @JStill0603 in currently wearing an extra large hoodie today because i knew I'd see MIL for the first time since Christmas and didn't want to deal with the comments about my belly. I'll wear all the tight fitting cute belly clothes when I don't see her.

MIL is also obsessed with telling/asking dd "mommy is having a baby" dd is not even tw ... She didn't care or get it, leave it alone lady. 
  • Options
    @jhysmath MIL watches DS on thursdays and fridays if I work those days so I kinda have to be dressed decent or else I’d try and avoid too. Today I found out she asked SS if we were taking them on vacation before the baby got here. Idk why that annoys me so much, we usually do a big trip every summer and I am super sad we are going to miss out this year. I am trying to think of a long weekend trip we could take before I go back from maternity leave but so much will depend on baby’s demeanor and also how well we get by living on 60% of my income. 
  • Options
    @babybrain_94 I....don’t even have words for that one. I’m so sorry.