June 2020 Moms
Options

October Randoms

Re: October Randoms

• Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail yes!! Pregnancy with a kid is not the same. I miss all the naps and lazy days. 
  • Options
    I really really really want wings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee omg I was really wanting wings yesterday lol. do it! 😁 
  • Options
    My blood test came back and somehow I’m not immune to measles even thought I was with my first pregnancy and had the MMR shots both when I was a kid and at 18 Before college since they didn’t detect it then either!  I guess I’m the 3% for who the vaccine doesn’t work!!  😖. Now I’m worried I shouldn’t fly on a 7 hour flight to a bachelorette party next month — planes and measles outbreaks and all... blah.
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 I did. And cheese bread. My DH ordered boneless though, bless his heart, but I was really craving bone-in wings. Man. 
  • Options
    mindyb2019mindyb2019 member
    edited October 2019
    @chaos-and-coffee hahaha good girl 👍 I ate the bone in ones yesterday too. Man did they taste good lol 
  • Options
    @dirftmd can't you just get a booster?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dirftmd I’m sorry. That sucks. Measles sucks so much because it’s not like you can just be really diligent about hand washing and wiping down surfaces. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @diagonalley unfortunately not when you’re pregnant, the risk of getting from the vaccine is apparently too much!
  • Options
    @kiki75. Thanks... exactly it apparently lingers in the air, even after passengers got off a plane apparently the next traveler got it!  Becoming a hypochondriac for the next 7 months...
  • Options
    @dirftmd I’m so sorry! I would be the same way
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So we found out yesterday our bathroom remodel will take four days longer than we expected (and more ££££ uchhhh). Also the heating won’t work until Monday. We get back from my in-laws today and I am not looking forward to a freezing house and no functioning bathroom. H and I can luckily take showers at work but I’ve ordered a baby bath for my almost 3 year old lol. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee now I need teriyaki wings like yesterday 
  • Options
    Soup is life. I made myself chicken & veggie soup for lunch and it's the first thing I've eaten in a week that feels like it hits the spot. It's not even fancy soup: chicken broth, shredded Costco rotisserie chicken, some mixed veggies from a freezer bag, and a couple eggs stirred in at the end. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    akoros said:
    I should take a shower and go grocery shopping...and clean... but we're babysitting 2 toddlers tonight so all I want to do is cuddle with the cat and watch Netflix. We don't really have much for lunch (see: need to buy groceries), but all I really want is peanut butter toast anyway...and it's not like my husband notices that the house is dirty....
    If you don't have to worry about feeding kids too, I would skip it today. I miss my first pregnancy! Netflix, cat, peanut butter toast, do it!!! 
    I did! Regretted it a little this morning when I had to get up early to get groceries before our niece's birthday party (same one we babysat last night), but even still I was in much better shape. Trying to milk these lazy days as much as I can
  • Options
    @kyrwyn yessss I’ve been having pho at least twice a week.  Something about the liquid saltiness has been so comforting... that and ice cream.
  • Options
    @dirftmd PHO YASSSS. I’ve been having it twice a week too. There’s a good place near my office and I’m going to quickly become their best customer 🤣. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been craving pho too. 

But mostly I'm desiring to never eat food again. At least for the moment.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    I was craving pho... until a week or two ago when I was halfway through a bowl of it. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee good luck! Let us know how it goes!!
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee 🤞for a beautiful and perfect scan. Ditto on the so, so tired. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I want Pho, but our current budget has no take out. Zero. Sigh. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That’s so good @marfi236
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail It requires some work, though not as much as real pho, but I've made it at home using this recipe. The main issue is that if you don't have Asian sauces it requires a bit of investment up front, but they keep for a long time and can be used in other things (fish sauce is necessary, and then hoisin/sriracha if you like that on top). If your grocery store doesn't have them then Amazon will:
    • Saute 1 onion (thinly sliced) and ginger (4-in piece, cut into chunks) in a pot until onion is soft (or don't, I've forgotten this step and it was fine just to put them together raw with the broth). 
    • Add 2 quarts of beef broth, 5 star anise pods, and a stick of cinnamon. 
    • Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. While this is going you can boil some rice noodles, or wait and just add them to the pot after taking out the spice chunks. 
    • Add 3-4 tablespoons of fish sauce, taste & simmer until you're happy with it. 
    • Pull out the ginger, star anise, & cinnamon and serve on top of cooked noodles. Or, if you haven't boiled the noodles yet, throw them in to cook (usually only takes 4-5 minutes for vermicelli)
    • Add your toppings (i.e. hoisin, sriracha, basil, cilantro, etc.)
    As for the meat, if you have a Trader Joe's or somewhere that sells shaved beef that works really well (the broth cooks it in a couple of seconds). Otherwise, you can sear some beef yourself and throw it in...or not and just eat broth & noodles because that's the best part anyway.

I also have a slow cooker pho ga recipe with bok choy that works pretty well.
  • Options
    @akoros That sounds so good! I have a chicken pho recipe.... but everyone knows the beef is way better haha
  • Options
    @chaos-and-coffee Hoping the next few days fly by! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @blaf322 It really works! I think it usually comes together in under 45 minutes (particularly if you cut corners like not sauteeing the onion and boiling the noodles in the soup itself), which is faster than delivery. The fresh toppings are really the hardest part, but if you're fine with just the noodles (who isn't) then the rest of the supplies keep for a while.
  • Options
    Since my FET, DH has been really present/invested/interested in everything that's going on. It's so weird for me, compared to last time when I just kind of told him what was going on and he was more along for the ride. I asked him what's different this time and he said he just doesn't think he felt totally ready for DD... but that he never would have been. And he feels more mentally prepared this time. I get it.... it's still just weird to have him trying to tell me what my actual EDD is (based on xfer date) vs what they're going to date me at (based on LMP). Part of me wants to be like, "stay in your lane!" and the other part is excited that he's excited... even if he is trying to play RE expert  :D  
  • Options
    I feel like poop, and I just want a nap.

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• Options
    @akoros Thanks! I love the concept, but honestly with our tiny food budget, and already 2 kids 3 and under, and dogs, and my husband's long commute...45 min is just...hard. Maybe we'll do a special weekend meal one day. We have a Woodman's just past Trader Joe's which has an even better selection of all necessary everything for pretty much any ethnic origin of food ever. It's also overwhelming and so hard to get kids through myself! But usually worth it.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeanothermocktail I hear ya, I can't imagine handing all of that! Slow cooker would also probably work which limits the active time to just prepping the noodles and meat (based on the pho ga recipe I have, put onion, ginger, spices, fish sauce & broth in a slow cooker for 8hrs on low or 4hrs on high). Main idea is just getting the spices to infuse a store-bought broth. 
  • Options
    I have a great Instant Pot pho recipe.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/01/30-minute-pressure-cooker-pho-ga-recipe.html

...but I, too, will be just buying some lol

• Options
    I wanted pho again today but am so tired I got too lazy and just went downstairs and had a burrito bowl.  Have been alternating between pho and burrito bowls for lunch... the burrito bowl is delish but always makes me feel like crap afterward, like I ate too much...   

what’s everyone having for lunch today?  
  • Options
    @maryanne2019 me and my hubs are going to go out for the Japanese Ramen soup for lunch 😁 mmm my fav. 
  • Options
    @mindyb2019 mm that sounds delish.  May look into that for dinner!
  • Options
    I had a boring lunch of chicken, rice and blueberries and am so bloated I’m thankful I’m wearing an oversized sweater because I look 20 weeks pregnant. I am 10000% having a grilled cheese for dinner. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2019
    Is anyone dressing up for Halloween? I'd love to see everyone in costume if there's interest in that as a thread... but I know it's early still so some folks may feel gun shy. I have my photo as my avatar so, clearly, I'm pretty sure none of you want to steal my look/life off of TB  :D

ETA- we went to a halloween party this weekend. I'm dressing as an old lady this year. Complete with wrinkles, pearl glasses chain, slippers and knee high stockings around my ankles hahaha
  • Options
    @SpartanCat it’s a lamp that imitates the effects of sunlight. Supposed to boost your mood in winter. They’re very popular here with American expats ha 
    BabyFruit Ticker