June 2020 Moms

October Randoms

Re: October Randoms

• I am only productive between 5-6 am when no one in my house is up, I can stomach my one cup of coffee, and nausea hasn’t set it yet. I cram so much crap into that hour because by the time I get to work at 8-ish I feel like pure death. 
  • @chaos-and-coffee :( hopefully you start feeling better soon. How long did it last with ds? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @runwmusic I started feeling better at 14 weeks! Halfway there...
  • kerco925 said:
    Testing. My account is acting weird.
    I see you. 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @saladflambe I'd say that deserves at least two gold stars.

I'm in a weird headspace today and I have zero interest in finishing my masters thesis. Instead all I want to do is start a quilt for this new baby. Guess I know what I'll be doing next week while I wait to hear from my committee.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't been focusing at work at all today. All I could think about was how much I wanted tacos. So I went on my lunch break and got tacos and they were awesome. But I'm still not being productive lol. 

TTC#1 - March 2013

BFP 8/9/13 - EDD 4/14/14 - DS born 4/23/14

TTC#2 November 2015

Dx: Secondary IF June 2016

Medicated IUI cycle#1- Clomid+IUI -1/15/17 -BFN

Break Mid 2017 - Resumed TTC December 2018

"She believed she could so she did..."

Medicated IUI cycle#2- Femara 5mg+IUI 12/22/18 - BFP 1/4/19 - MMC 2/1/19

Saline Sono 3/15/19 - All Clear!

Medicated IUI cycle#3- Femara 7.5mg+IUI 3/28/19-BFN

Medicated IUI cycle#4- Femara 5mg+Gonal F 50iu+IUI 4/27/19- BFP 5/11/19 - MMC 6/12/19 - D&C 6/14/19-

Incomplete M/C Repeat D&C - 7/3/19 -Testing concluded baby was genetically normal  :'(

Dx: Unexplained RPL July 2019 - Tested + as carrier for Usher Syndrome & Familial Mediterranean Fever 

Saline Sono 8/7/19 - Mostly Clear! All systems go for IVF#1 

But will need a repeat Saline Sono between ER and FET

IVF #1 - Antagonist Protocol - 8/17/19

ER#1 8/27/19 - 12R, 6F, 4 biopsied+frozen! (3d5blasts + 1d6blast)- 2 PGS normal embabies!

Saline Sono 9/13/19 - All Clear! Onto FET Prep#1

FET#1 - 4AA -10/4/19 - BFP 10/14/19 - EDD - 6/21/20 -Beta#1-10dp5dt- 379 Beta#2-12dp5dt- 1007 Beta#3-14dp5dt- 2844

DD born 6/15/20  <3

• Zero motivation at work! I work from home so I spent 2 hours making DS's halloween costume this morning instead of actually working.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A coworker told me I still had baby brain yesterday... So glad I was working from home or he would have read my face. 😳 Yes. The baby brain is still here. Still here from the last time... 
  • I killed time browsing baby stores and winners for 2 hours before my doctors appointment even though I have a head cold and just feel like shit in general. The only thing my doctor wanted me to book the appointment for was so she could give me a requisition so I can go get bloodwork done (for all the basic prenatal screenings). If I had known that I would have just stopped in and seen if she could quickly meet with me earlier 😑
  • @mindyb2019 🇨🇦🇨🇦 after ten years in Toronto we just moved to Hamilton To be closer to family. Where abouts are you? That's great your husband will get to spend as much time as he wants with you. So awesome! For me it doesn't matter how long my leave is because I won't be going back to seeing clients afterwards. I own a business and have set it up now that my contractor's will be doing the leg work and I'll operate/manage. We'll see how it goes!  I already have my dream summer planned out haha. 4 weeks of cottage time lined up. 2 in Muskoka with my family and 2 in Quebec with his. I hope that isn't too ambitious for have a 1- 2 month old 🤷🏽‍♀️. But I figure might as well, I'm gonna be nursing and cuddling babe so might as well do it up north 🌳! 

Do you have any summer plans? Anyone else planning on traveling with babe?
  • Guys I am SHOCKED-  we have nationalized health care here, which is amazing because free woo but it's also sooo slow.  I was referred to the midwife on Wednesday and I expected it would take them WEEKS to get me an appointment- like I was thinking I wouldn't be seen until close to 12 weeks (last time I think I was 11 weeks).  Well they called me yesterday and gave me an appointment next week when I'll be just shy of 8 weeks!!  Woo hoo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lo_c Loooooovvveeeee Toronto!  I also know Hamilton a bit as I'm from Rochester and my dad's from Detroit so we used to drive through that bit of Canada about 6 times a year to go see my Grandma.   

We travel a ton with DD (she's 2.5 and has been to 12 countries- note I live in the UK so other countries aren't too far away!) and will probably take the first trip with this baby at the end of August and then a big one in October.  Though travelling with 2 kids is probably going to slow us down a lot! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lo_c I couldn't imagine traveling with such a young baby. This is about the time ds had his witching hours and was just not happy. I was lucky to get a shower in during the day when he was 6 weeks ish. 
  • is there any food so delicious as buttered toast?
    ....this baby is totally a girl. I ate so much buttered toast when pregnant with DD, and here I am again...
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• @saladflambe yes. The French toast bagel with butter I had for breakfast 🤣
  • @runwmusic oh god a buttered toasted bagel sounds amazing right now 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• @runwmusic omg that sounds amazing.  I had a toasted english muffin with butter- NOT AS GOOD 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @runwmusic I will be surrounded by lots of family so will have more help at the cottage than I would at home haha. This will be my first baby so maybe ignorance is bliss 🤷🏽‍♀️haha. From asking around people either think I'm nuts or are all about traveling with babe and wouldn't change that time for the world. We shall see!! Luckily no flights so that should simplify things. 

@hayhay2501 absolutely loved travelling Europe and the UK is so high on my list to visit. We skipped it bc we felt it needed an entire trip dedicated to it haha. So much to See You are so lucky to be so close to so many amazing countries! We want to do a trip that is Ireland, Scotland and England one day soon. My husband's family is from Orkney and he is dying to go. Where are you going for your trips in August and October? 
  • @lo_c Ahh Hamilton. Cool. Never been there or Toronto lol. I live on the west coast. Just outside of Vancouver bc. 😁 Love it out here. That’s nice that you don’t have to see your clients afterwards. Wow weeks of cottage time lined up for the summer sounds awesome. I hope you enjoy it all. I don’t think it’s too crazy for a 1-2 month old. Just relax and snuggle up ❤️ I don’t have any summer plans like you no not so far :( I wish I did. Prob just relax around the house with me and hubs. Take baby for a lot of walks outside in the sunshine and get some exercise. Visit family and friends and maybe if we can perhaps travel locally around within a 3-4 hours drive. 

@saladflambe omg I love buttered toast. I haven’t even eaten any yet since I’ve been pregnant lol. 
  • @lo_c yea I'm a get on an airplane and work it out as it goes mom when it comes to travelling ha (and DD is a VERY difficult toddler so it's not because she's easy). But you just don't know until you have kids! We took DD to Barcelona when she was 11 weeks and not going to lie- I ended up crying because I realized travelling and my life had completely changed.  But now we're so used to it!  And she was actually in retrospect great on that trip.  

That would be an amazing trip and super doable!  Scotland is one of my absolute favorite places in the world. Our trip in very late August/ September (when baby would be around 12 weeks) would actually be to Northern Ireland as I have an American friend who's moved to Belfast for work for a year or two.  So very quick flight and we could stay with him and do some minor sightseeing.  Then in October we'd fly to the states for a visit.  Probably stick to the NE where I'm from.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mindyb2019 wow you are so lucky! BC is amazing. Been a couple times but never for long enough. So many amazing places to see all in your backyard. Most beautiful place in Canada imo 🏔️🚠🌊 
  • All I want is eggs and toast.
    Eggs and toast forever.
    Can you eat too many eggs?
    I don't care, I'm eating them anyways

• ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

• @lo_c ya I am lucky. BC is amazing and I love it. I have to agree with you..it is the most beautiful place in Canada. So much stuff to see. It’s gorgeous. 
  • runwmusicrunwmusic member
    edited October 2019
    I could really go for some French onion soup and/or teriyaki sauce 
  • @runwmusic I've been driving in the car all day and we stopped at Panera for lunch. I was so disappointed they didn't have French Onion Soup. I'm totally craving it right now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm afraid to weigh myself right now.

I had mac and cheese & chili for dinner...and a rice pudding cup, because apparently I NEEDED that at Walmart today.

With DD, I craved butterscotch pudding in 1st trimester lol...apparently this one prefers rice pudding

• I have been thinking about french fries all day, but I have been so good about policing my blood sugars for the last 6 months and I don't want to ruin that.  Someone please have delicious hot fried potatoes with salt and a really good vinegary ketchup and report back for me? I need a designated carbs eater. :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @diagonalley @runwmusic YES. French onion soup is life. You must have been heartbroken when they didn't have it. I feel your pain. It's the worst when you can fulfill a craving. 

@hayhay2501 those sound like lovely trips. It's always fun to have a holiday to look forward to. 

@saladflambe butter on everythinggggg. I think I may have some eggs on buttered toast right now that you mention it 🍞🍳
  • @lo_c Ahh Hamilton. Cool. Never been there or Toronto lol. I live on the west coast. Just outside of Vancouver bc. 😁 Love it out here. That’s nice that you don’t have to see your clients afterwards. Wow weeks of cottage time lined up for the summer sounds awesome. I hope you enjoy it all. I don’t think it’s too crazy for a 1-2 month old. Just relax and snuggle up ❤️ I don’t have any summer plans like you no not so far :( I wish I did. Prob just relax around the house with me and hubs. Take baby for a lot of walks outside in the sunshine and get some exercise. Visit family and friends and maybe if we can perhaps travel locally around within a 3-4 hours drive. 

@saladflambe omg I love buttered toast. I haven’t even eaten any yet since I’ve been pregnant lol. 
    Hi @mindyb2019 I live in Ladner 🤗 kinda neighbours 
  • @kyrwyn I got you. All I want are carbs and I'm not saying no. Got a huge order of seasoned fries from Bon Chon last night.
  • @akoros My french fry hero! 🤣 They were amazing, right? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MssyMmmy Heyyy 👋 Neighbour lol. Yes very close to each other. I have a friend that actually lives in Ladner/Tsawwassen 😁 I’m in Langley. 
  • kyrwyn said:
    @akoros My french fry hero! 🤣 They were amazing, right? 
    Omg...
  • @kyrwyn I had fries last night and could only eat half before gagging 😭

Married: 12/19/15         

BFP: 9/4/17             
    EDD: 5/16/18
    DD born 5/10/18
    Postpartum Complications

BFP: 10/1/19
    EDD: 6/12/20
  • @alli392 Oh no! Fries should never betray us. :( I'm so sad for you. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I should take a shower and go grocery shopping...and clean... but we're babysitting 2 toddlers tonight so all I want to do is cuddle with the cat and watch Netflix. We don't really have much for lunch (see: need to buy groceries), but all I really want is peanut butter toast anyway...and it's not like my husband notices that the house is dirty....
  • akoros said:
    I should take a shower and go grocery shopping...and clean... but we're babysitting 2 toddlers tonight so all I want to do is cuddle with the cat and watch Netflix. We don't really have much for lunch (see: need to buy groceries), but all I really want is peanut butter toast anyway...and it's not like my husband notices that the house is dirty....
    If you don't have to worry about feeding kids too, I would skip it today. I miss my first pregnancy! Netflix, cat, peanut butter toast, do it!!! 
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker